PDA

View Full Version : Country flag problem on UK server?!

Holzi
02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Hello!
I noticed that no or only a few flags of players were shown. On US server it seems to work just fine. I am wondering what is going on. :)
Thanks!

Keith
02-21-2014, 05:34 PM
I think it's better that way haha

Chamberly
02-21-2014, 07:01 PM
I have seen this as well, but also in Siege.

I like for everyone to have a flag. No flag? That's ok, I can use my xconsole to look you up. ;)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-21-2014, 08:43 PM
You can normally tell what country someone is from, by how they play.

Chamberly
02-21-2014, 08:48 PM
You can normally tell what country someone is from, by how they play.

Most of the time, no, not possible lol unless you study peoples from such server you are playing on.

But sometimes ping can help too.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-21-2014, 10:14 PM
You can normally tell what country someone is from, by how they play
kinda true

Shotman
02-21-2014, 10:24 PM
i would rather have the flags disabled and only admins should see them or have them disabled all together(including xcondole). Because in my opinion people will jump to conclusions just based on the flag. For example, I'll use this because it's popular and lots of threads about it, if they see 2 Brazilians in the same team they will automatically think of its Camillo and Adrian stacking again. Or if they are from Portugal they will get the impression they are lamers or cheaters. This is just my opinion.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Or if they are from Portugal they will get the impression they are lamers
That's called observation, not people thinking it. Though pt players are not the worst anymore.

Shotman
02-21-2014, 10:49 PM
That's called observation, not people thinking it. Though pt players are not the worst anymore.

That's what I'm saying if people will just see ping they will not make these "racial" comments.

Chamberly
02-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Well then maybe you haven't met peoples who don't think of County Flags to be racial about it. No big deal lol.

I like to see who I'm playing with and where they are from. :)

Higor
02-22-2014, 10:53 AM
It's useful to see the flags to try and communicate, and believe me, in UT you can see other ppl's location and there isn't that much racism or xenophobia.
Go play any 'popular' online game and you'll realize how clean of that shit UT is.