PDA

View Full Version : Original map - CTF-BT-Easy Peasy

Pavel Datsyuk
03-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Tell me what you think! (CTF-BT-Lemon Squeezie to come soon)

Chamberly
03-03-2014, 06:03 AM
Hi Pavel, great to see you coming by.

This is CoD|Chagor btw, so you would know.

Can't wait to see... waiting for attachment approval.

Disturbed//*.
03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
What's up pavel! Great to play some BT with you last night! Can't wait to see this on server! :)

Pavel Datsyuk
03-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Hey guys! Unfortunately this is the only map of 4 that survived my hard drive crash last year. All I will say is don't set your hopes too high, it's definitely nothing spectacular. I go more for function than aesthetics in my maps. It's still a fun little one though, but the next one that I'm making now will be much better.

Chamberly
03-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Sounds good.

Waiting for SAM to approve the file attachment or someone! :D

~~D4RR3N~~
03-04-2014, 03:49 PM
U should submit it to i4g btw, so u get more feedback ;D

SAM
03-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Approved!

Pavel Datsyuk
03-12-2014, 01:45 AM
So how do I get this map added to the server?

|uK|chiseller
03-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I approve your username

ask SAM to add it

NoReasonBoner
03-20-2014, 12:11 AM
I was skeptical when I first opened it, looked like a bunch of other maps that I grew to hate. kind of bland looks (no offense), first obstacle is jump on blocks over lava...) But I was pleasantly surprised with how it played. Fun map to run through, good layout for the most part.

While not the most creative obstacles, that's not a problem with easier maps. I hate nothing more than when people still keep jumping from block to block, but try and "make it harder" by making the blocks 1x1 instead of 32x32, or shit like that. Yes, it makes it slightly more difficult, but it also makes it just fucking annoying and ruins the whole map.. Thank you so much for not doing this. A Smooth transitions between obstacles is much more important on maps like this, which is done very well. By "smooth transitions" I mean that each obstacle follows on the flow and style of the map, so you can get kind of a rhythm to your runs. This makes it so the map is enjoyable to noobs, but more experienced players will have enough fun trying to cut off half a second here or there that they won't get bored and quit in the first 2 minutes its voted.

My only real suggestion, or really just something to keep in mind for future BT mapping:

http://i.imgur.com/QO4ASiQ.jpg
There's a couple things about obstacles like this.
1. They are the worst enemy to people with high ping. This isn't necessarily the case in your map, because like I said, you didn't try to "make it hard" by making it unreasonably fast, I just figured its something good to keep in mind for the future since you don't have to deal with ping while testing the map yourself.
2. They clog up on popular servers, more than ever since !cp was added. Obstacles like this are the entire reason I absolutely hated !cp when I started playing BT again. There are a couple ways you can still use these and avoid having a clusterfuck on a full server. One way is to duplicate it. Have it split into 2 or 3 routes, all using the same obstacle, and meeting up at the end of the room. Another way is to put it closer to the end of the map. People play at different speeds, and some will die, so the further into the map it is, the less likely people will arrive at the same time.

I hope you keep mapping, I look forward to seeing more maps from you

Pavel Datsyuk
03-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback NRB, I'll try to avoid things like that in the future. You should check out the map I just posted, it looks (and hopefully plays) much better. Again there might be the problem of slight logjams in spots, but it was somewhat necessary with the type of obstacles I incorporated into the map. Hopefully the creativeness of said obstacles makes up for the possible backlogs.

And SAM could you possibly add this to the BT server?

Disturbed//*.
03-22-2014, 07:11 PM
Indeed add to server!

i_remember_my
03-22-2014, 10:57 PM
this good map, I tried, I would like to know that server has these types of tests, thank you very much.

Chamberly
03-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Ok, I'm gonna give you a head up mate. Rename your map because if your map going to have a space in it, it is going to mess up a lot of things. So you can either rename it was CTF-BT-Easy_Peasy or so... just have no space in the map name.

Report back when you are done.

Here was my result:
I have your map already in my system folder before I entered the server. Next, I got a mismatch according to CTF-BT-Easy (which there is a map existing that name, I had to delete it and download... which end up as CTF-BT-Easy.unr!)

Pavel Datsyuk
03-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Chamberly Thanks for pointing that out, when I originally uploaded the map I actually selected the wrong attachment. It wasn't quite the final version and had that naming issue, but that is fixed now.

Chamberly
03-24-2014, 03:34 AM
Ok, sounds good. Gotta wait for SAM to approve it or so! :D

SAM
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Added

Pavel Datsyuk
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Awesome, thanks SAM!