combo server being a bitch [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : combo server being a bitch

~~D4RR3N~~
03-08-2014, 09:54 AM
SAM Combo server is been crashing and reseting and crashing and reseting constantly since yesterdey (maybe before, but i joined yesterday when this started). Today we were playin fragwhores and it crashed and reseted to woot... and then crashed again... and AGAIN.
Hope u can fix it bro
Greetings

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-08-2014, 09:55 AM
SAM

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
It crashed about 4 time in under 10 minutes.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-08-2014, 02:16 PM
It crashed about 4 time in under 10 minutes.
^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

Higor
03-08-2014, 02:18 PM
Server: I'm under heavy attack!

~~D4RR3N~~
03-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Server: I'm under heavy attack!
SAM: On my way, Server

Higor
03-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Server: I need some backup! (after seeing Siege's 8 bit shit)

Chamberly
03-08-2014, 03:02 PM
SAM: Firewall, Defend the base!

~~D4RR3N~~
03-08-2014, 03:07 PM
SAM: Firewall, Defend the base!
Firewall: Roger, SAM Leader

|uK|chiseller
03-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Please stahp

Shotman
03-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Please stahp

^^

~~D4RR3N~~
03-08-2014, 10:15 PM
SAM *bump u should check thisssssssssssssssssssssssssss

SAM
03-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I was out all weekend. Will check now..

~~D4RR3N~~
03-11-2014, 08:09 PM
SAM still happening

Jst2blond
03-11-2014, 08:45 PM
SAM still happening
I have to mention something, not sure this is an evidence, certainly a mistake but.....i play this afternoon almost 1 or 2 hours without any problem, server run smart, nice ping no lag as always . Tonight i also play some games same as this afternoon, server only crash at the end when Darren enter the game . It was so strange everytime he enters, most of the time Darren s packet loss increase to 50, his ping going crazy also then, server restart . It only happens when Darren s packet loss increase over 20 . without him no problem, with him without packet loss and normal ping; same . What an odd coincidence :), it also happens with him some days ago, that s why i have to told that . Be sure that i have nothing against you Darren . Maybe server can t handle a certain amount of packet loss, any idea ? do you have logs when server restart ? can t you compare it with Darren incoming or any packet losser ? (8‘þ)

Cheeers
Jst2b

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2014, 08:41 AM
I have to mention something, not sure this is an evidence, certainly a mistake but.....i play this afternoon almost 1 or 2 hours without any problem, server run smart, nice ping no lag as always . Tonight i also play some games same as this afternoon, server only crash at the end when Darren enter the game . It was so strange everytime he enters, most of the time Darren s packet loss increase to 50, his ping going crazy also then, server restart . It only happens when Darren s packet loss increase over 20 . without him no problem, with him without packet loss and normal ping; same . What an odd coincidence , it also happens with him some days ago, that s why i have to told that . Be sure that i have nothing against you Darren . Maybe server can t handle a certain amount of packet loss, any idea ? do you have logs when server restart ? can t you compare it with Darren incoming or any packet losser ? (8‘þ)
Ive been wondering the same, cause ive also seen for myself that server isnt always on woot (u know, from server browser), but everytime i join it crash, so maybe ure right... Let me say, in my defense, that i seriously dont know how to decrease my packet loss, and any advice would be kindly welcomed.
So, where is all this pl coming from?? lemme explain:
When i first started playing online ut, i had no idea what ping, pl, or even differences between lan and wifi were, so i pretty much didnt know what lag was. Soon after that, when i got those basic concepts learned, i realized that i was connected to the router (I was about 12 at this time and ive never been the brightest kid lol), and that explained why i had 90-120 ping on almost every server, and i was really happy about it...
and then: the plot twist!
That pc totally DIED. i never got to know how it even died, it just did... so, since my brother had got a pc not long before mine died, we started sharing his computer (thats precisely where im writing this from), and so, i downloaded ut and all and bla bla bla... but that major difference, that i didnt take into account when i downloaded ut here, is that this compueter isnt directly connected to the router, uses wifi, with a slowass bandwith, plus the fact that i have 4 sisters, which all of them may be bwrowsing the web at the same time im playing, so i cant just kick em out of their laps, y'know? and thats the reason i have so much pl: bad internet + 4 sis. the only time i can play with 0 pl and constant 90 ping is at 12:00, and that time almost all servers are empty, so its worthless :/

Greetings, and dont worry blond, that i aint mad, im worried, too! ;D;D;D;D;D;

Jst2blond
03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Are you wi fi connected ? wireless is crap when lot of computers connected at same point . Try to connect with RJ cable if you are less than 10 meters from router . I am also using a little "dos command " to launch UT with High pririty option maybe u could try it ...you just have to double click this ms dos command to launch your UT
http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?dir=Utilities/&file=LauncherUT99HighPriority.bat this is from Medor s site, give it a try .

Jst2b

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Are you wi fi connected ? wireless is crap when lot of computers connected at same point . Try to connect with RJ cable if you are less than 10 meters from router . I am also using a little "dos command " to launch UT with High pririty option maybe u could try it ...you just have to double click this ms dos command to launch your UT
yes im wifi connected, and i cant connect to the router cuz my dad uses it for work, so i might try that dos command :D ty

Jst2blond
03-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Empty spaces : what are we living for ? Abandoned places : I guess we know the score..On and on ! Does anybody know what we are looking for ?
Another hero : another mindless crime. Behind the curtain, in the pantomime. Hold the line ! Does anybody want to take it anymore ?
The Show must go on !
:rockband:

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2014, 06:01 PM
crashed twice just right now, even with batch, guess ill just stop playin ut -_-

PK+
03-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Darren, revise your network settups in ut, u can check also if happens in non newnet servers

Jst2blond
03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
crashed twice just right now, even with batch, guess ill just stop playin ut -_-
Crash more than twice :) When i see you as spectator, i just tell to myself : hmm !!! next map is again wootabulous cause of reboot :) You enter and Abracadabra.... Woot then woot then woot and then ......muahahahaso crazy

SAM @JESUS ChuckNORRIS ;)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_650419Shot0117.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=650419Shot0117.png)

http://img15.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_511744Shot0118.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=511744Shot0118.png)

|uK|chiseller
03-12-2014, 06:41 PM
You are the death of UT

SAM
03-12-2014, 07:10 PM
I'm speccing and seems to be fine...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-12-2014, 08:01 PM
~~D4RR3N~~ is hacking the server :troll:

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2014, 10:20 PM
yea blond that time when u told me to join was SO CRAZY. I typed !p and it crashed, just like that, i was all like whaaaaaat the actual fuck :c i still have no idea why is my pl is behind the server when it picks up the soap :/
Oopotato, just like i told blond on the server: unintentionally crashing one of ur favorites servers is actual bad luck... :'/

Chamberly
03-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Darren, do us a favor... try joining the server (just switch from spec and play if the map is viewable from speccing) with default UT only (reinstall in a different directory... and don't copy your settings over and any files, u can survive lol) and see if it crash again. But keep in mind, make sure you don't repeat the !s !p strategy cuz it make the balancer go nut so watch out here.

You want to find out what is going on and help out along to stop the problem. Other peoples just saying that you are crashing a server make you looks bad especially when you have no idea what is going on.

So this is the first idea just to make sure if something is coming from your UT or not. Even tho it may not be much but we're trying to help you here I guess.

Then, if this work fine, slowly add 1 thing to your UT at a time (like xconsole if you use it and some other client side that you use like in mod menu or so) and test it. This include skins and other UT files if you are moving it out of your usual UT folder.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2014, 10:29 PM
Darren, do us a favor... try joining the server (just switch from spec and play if the map is viewable from speccing) with default UT only (reinstall in a different directory... and don't copy your settings over, u can survive lol) and see if it crash again. But keep in mind, make sure you don't repeat the !s !p strategy cuz it make the balancer go nut so watch out here.
oke

Darren, revise your network settups in ut, u can check also if happens in non newnet servers
ive done it every single time i get pl so yea, checked lots of times... hmmm havent checked non newnet servers, will do

btw, this morning i joined insta uk and server never crashed, even got to play 3 maps in a row... anyone know if it has crashed today?

SAM
03-13-2014, 03:56 AM
I'm pretty sure there's actually a problem with the combo server. It will be hard to pin point though. Have ypu noticed certain maps ypu try to play it crashes on? Need to pay attention and start looking at patterns.

Jst2blond
03-13-2014, 06:16 AM
I'm pretty sure there's actually a problem with the combo server. It will be hard to pin point though. Have ypu noticed certain maps ypu try to play it crashes on? Need to pay attention and start looking at patterns.
If i remember correctly, was WOOT, Fragwhore and Bleak NW . @Darren, indeed, some player were thought you were a hacker :) I ll do some explanation when server crash so, don t matter now, they know the real story .

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-13-2014, 11:25 AM
been playing on combo recently under alias, and have been cleaning up attitudes and behaviors in general keep an eye out please

Jst2blond
03-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Look at Darren now !!! BTW your german is really good :) listen at sound around 1:05 he is playing UT 99 :)

Angry German Kid - The Original - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOWJ4rKb_g)

~~D4RR3N~~
03-13-2014, 03:05 PM
@Darren, indeed, some player were thought you were a hacker
15 year olds hacking 15 year old game wow how fucked up is that

--- Updated ---

I'm pretty sure there's actually a problem with the combo server.
:D

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Server crashed when we was play (vp)Pictureperfect.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
wow just crashed again. fuck it. now im quitting for sure.
bye, cya, adios.
pleasure to play with ya guys.
peace,
Darren

Chamberly
03-13-2014, 10:11 PM
wow just crashed again. fuck it. now im quitting for sure.
bye, cya, adios.
pleasure to play with ya guys.
peace,
Darren

No Rage quit lol. You could get a spanking! Hehe...

Sometimes it's good to have a break. It'll be fixed up in matter of time when you are done having your break. ;)

PK+
03-14-2014, 08:05 PM
its easy, restore your computer to before u got this crashs
windows aways do a restore point

(I think it solve if the problem is with his computer)

kdawg232
03-16-2014, 08:30 AM
its easy, restore your computer to before u got this crashs
windows aways do a restore point

(I think it solve if the problem is with his computer)

A complete re-install might do the trick. When the server switched over to NewNet it drove me nuts because it played like shit. Half the maps didn't work and people were invisible on certain maps. I decided to uninstall and do a fresh off the disk install and now everything is fixed. Worth a shot even though I know it's a different issue.

Chamberly
03-16-2014, 01:40 PM
I don't think he actually tried reinstalling. Since he didn't say anything about doing it.

Jst2blond
03-17-2014, 10:53 AM
I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon) PARODY - I Just Rage Quit - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UKnn5fSbo)

SAM
03-18-2014, 04:31 PM
I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon) PARODY - I Just Rage Quit - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UKnn5fSbo)

Post of the year

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-22-2014, 11:22 PM
crashed 5 or 6 times in a row, now server is dead again. Happened every time darrens ping went into the 1000s, or his pl went nuts.

Insta servers are going to be infested with combo players. :hide: :shitmyself:

kdawg232
03-23-2014, 07:52 AM
crashed 5 or 6 times in a row, now server is dead again. Happened every time darrens ping went into the 1000s, or his pl went nuts.

Insta servers are going to be infested with combo players. :hide: :shitmyself:

You would think he'd learn after the first time and just stay out. Just ban him from the server so that way he doesn't take away from everyone else's enjoyment. Plus now the server admin has to reset the server and waste their time. smh

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I don't get why it is only the combo server, saw him in the insta server with the same ping nothing happened.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-23-2014, 12:28 PM
STAY OUT OF COMBO DARREN LOLOL

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-26-2014, 12:18 PM
He crashed combo and the insta server now......:rolleyes::rolleyes: