PDA

View Full Version : [UTCG]Ralf + Baros laming

deicide
04-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Ralf and Baros laming the entire game (at least until I left the server). Plenty of other players laming as well, but Ralf definitely was the worst. Don't know who he is, but I'm guessing it's someone who has been banned already.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/602401/UTCG_Ralf_CTF-Control_4-4_12-46-44.rar

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-04-2014, 02:43 PM
will catch up with them when I can unless someone else gets to first

LeBron
04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Ralf and Baros laming the entire game (at least until I left the server). Plenty of other players laming as well, but Ralf definitely was the worst. Don't know who he is, but I'm guessing it's someone who has been banned already.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/602401/UTCG_Ralf_CTF-Control_4-4_12-46-44.rar

Yes, Ralf is on another level, but Baros always trys to lame, and he gets shut down, but yea, he belongs to a clan called xan, most of the players from xan DM but it's what every1 does now days.

deicide
04-18-2014, 06:35 AM
He is back and not exactly playing nice. 4-5 minutes into the game you can see him either dming in the enemies base, standing in mid in a corner or spending quite a lot of time on the ramp, backshooting people entering his base.
Asked him to stop several times and other people complained as well (also on the maps before; bleak and duku) - he didn't care.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/602401/utcg_ralf_CTF-Control_LE_4-18_11-29-32.dem

Holzi
04-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Watched the demo but I have to say I can not see much laming. He was covering his EFC and then maybe backshooting but that did everybody. But I can confirm that he kinda lamed more in the past.

deicide
04-18-2014, 10:45 AM
The point isn't that he is laming as much as before. The point rather is that he was banned for laming, is on the wanted list, comes back and still somewhat plays lame. A bunch of people complained about him on all the maps he played, so I guess he backshot most of them or pulled other lame stuff.

~Viper]LtD[~
05-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Ralf just DM'ed a whole map, guess he didn't have anything better to do. Banned for a week.

UNrealshots
05-17-2014, 09:41 AM
A tough ban honestly maps like Eternalcaves1 Gaunlet Dday Joust Control need to be removed I've said this time to time again... It only promotes deathmatching and alot of unwanted bans...... SAM ... get this done please.... I'd rather not ban half the server and kill the server because of silly dumb maps.

I'm gonna add more maps that should be removed that are clusterfuck and everyone just deathmatches.

deicide
05-17-2014, 09:46 AM
It's not the maps, it's the players.

~Viper]LtD[~
05-17-2014, 09:52 AM
Yeh maps like those do promote DM'ing. But for people like ralf who actually have CTF knowledge to DM in it is stupid. Why would u DM if you are able to win for your team by playing normal CTF? Look at me (Syndra) Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/ukstats/?p=match&mid=45920). I basically won the game by myself, just because I grabbed and played CTF. It's really not that hard even in a map like woot.

Those who know exactly what CTF is and who have been playing it for years, shouldn't be DM'ing on any map. It's just plain boring and your ruining the fun for all the others on the server. I do agree those maps should be taken down though. People will start DM'ing 'because everyone else is doing it too'.

deicide
05-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Seriously, EC and Gauntlet are classic CTF maps. And I've had a lot of fun games on these maps as well as on Control, Duku, Bleak and other frequently played maps. It really just depends on the players. And there are plenty of players who never lame and a few who always lame, no matter what map is played (and also a few who always search for a good reason to lame).

Instead of removing maps, it would be more useful to forbid defending (since it causes more trouble on the servers than a few backshots here and there) and increase the amount of active mods on the servers in order to warn people while they are playing. There is no need to "ban half the server". People just need to be aware that an admin might be watching them anytime. They lame because they know that they'll most likely get away with it.

Holzi
05-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Its indeed time to remove 1on1 and 2on2 maps like w00t, fragwhores, joust, andaction etc..

Finalzje
05-17-2014, 11:14 AM
it is indeed time to overhaul the maplist, maps like w00t/fragwhores/joust/anda/control/abreez/gauntlet/ec2 dont belong on a 6v6 public server.
Ec2/Gauntlet will have to be a judgement call, if the server was 5v5 they would be playable considering the skill ceiling.

Revamping the maplist will most definately reduce the incoming reports about people fragging on w00t/joust.
100% agreeing with unrealshots.

Shotman
05-17-2014, 04:10 PM
You guys forget that the server is not always full. People will want to play 2v2 or 3v3 games when they are waiting for other players so it is ideal to have those maps in it.

deicide
05-18-2014, 01:30 AM
It's all gauntlet's fault. :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WQhjlBYFKs

kokett
05-18-2014, 06:43 AM
this guy summed it up quite well @ the gu-forums ( Global Unreal • View topic - Leaving the pug after captains are set = 3h Ban (http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1979&p=36331#p36331) ):

When you're dealing with big babies, you can't let them have their way. Show em who's boss, and they might shit on the carpet a few times in the learning process, but they'll catch on at some point.

while it might be funny for a while to listen to the babies and their smartass comments ("I'm not even half your age and was still pissing my pants when this game was released, but you clearly lack experience..." etc. pp.) only a strict server-policy and executive could change something for good.
I'm afraid that won't ever be the case here tho.

UNrealshots
05-18-2014, 11:32 AM
No matter what you guys say Gauntlet and EC1 will never be good pub maps they do not flow well and they never have.

Provocation
05-18-2014, 12:33 PM
DMing you can on each map. and if such maps eternal control etc. be taken out, also had maps as duko, Sprinta, Abreez etc. be removed. Then maps would hardly remain. and that would make the server also broken.
People need to play only decent. One can on the maps very good tactically proceed. It only must all to the rule maintain

kokett
05-18-2014, 02:28 PM
No matter what you guys say Gauntlet and EC1 will never be good pub maps they do not flow well and they never have.

I'm not a fan of them either, but mostly coz they are not mirrored and therefor uneven. Real lamers backshot, assrun + camp regardless of what map is running tho and the first thing should be to get rid of them.
sure, joust is a real joke on a 12 player server and i dont bother playing it if its voted.