PDA

View Full Version : Requesting to Admin/Mods

Spiderman
05-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Siege server seriously need moderators, due to lack of active moderators, players breaking rules every day and call it fun for them which is not fun for others.
2nd thing is balancer, players taking huge advantage of balancer by changing their nick/aliasing, If balancer cannot be changed then new rule to stick to 1 nick/alias can be forced to have atleast more possible balanced teams.

DontWorryBeHappy
05-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I agree with part #1 (especially sup spam and camping seems to be en vogue again), but I think that enforcing player names is a bit crass. There will always be abuse of some kind. You can't and don't have to control everything.

PS: I'm hereby reserving Spiderman as my nickname, should there be a rule to stick to one name. You see, it wouldn't work out as planned.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-04-2014, 10:33 AM
The balancer always messes up if you are in spec for a long time and then join, it's stupid if someone losses 30 cookies for just being in spec and then playing for a few minutes at the end.

Also the way siege is, a normal balancer will not understand whats really going on in a game, you could have a player who did lots for the team and helped the team win with only 300 points, and a player that did nothing useful who got 900 points.

Novak
05-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Piggybacking on Ooper's comment, the balance gets messed up at the start of games when players like Aizen and Florencia routinely go spec when their team is losing, inflating their perceived value to the balancer when teams are selected. This creates a loop since those cookies are never lost.

While I believe it may be possible to have an intelligent siege balancer, the work required to do so would be far beyond anyone would want to volunteer in their spare time, even Higor. Plus, the value of players can change drastically from map to map. To look at an extreme example, take Moonlight who would rack up the cookies with his nukes and ability to make it into enemy base on a map like Niven. But put him on a map like BathroomsUltimate and his value shrinks to the other end of the spectrum. Imagine a computer balancer trying to take this into account. Yes, it is possible, but entirely too much work in all llikelihood. Unless, of course, Spiderman is volunteering for the duty...

Chamberly
05-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Lol. SAM said that he is not accepting any application for Siege mod.

|uK|Grimreaper
05-04-2014, 04:15 PM
there was a thread for this what happened

ZodiaK
05-04-2014, 05:36 PM
The thread was originally meant for the IG servers but topic got sort of derailed by people asking for more siege mods.

Novak
05-04-2014, 05:54 PM
It appears siege is going to die a slow, rageful death.

|uK|Tomahawk
05-04-2014, 10:10 PM

The thread is still there but sam(or another admin not sure) locked it for whatever reason and there never was a discussion for it in private fourms to my knowledge(maybe mod section not sure).

There are times when I do agree that siege needs a COUPLE more mods/admins that play a shit ton (don't get me wrong you guys do a awesome job as is), but a good portion of the siege public server player base is immature and LOVE to try to get away stuff specially when they think no mod/admin is around. Anyways just my 2cents, and I agree with the above statements.

CoD|JIgSaW
06-02-2014, 12:31 AM
Is this thread still up ?

Higor
06-02-2014, 12:36 AM
You brought it up

Chamberly
06-02-2014, 01:25 AM
It usually die for no response. The response can last forever. ;) As usual, if they are looking for someone, they will make an official thread.