PDA

View Full Version : Map List - Pure Instagib US/UK

Junkyardboy
06-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Hello,

I play often on your public servers,t hey run nice and smooth.

My only suggestion would be to update your map list and remove cluttered and bad maps. There's more than a handful of non-public fun maps that are on the server and when they get voted, the server literally goes from being full with 5 specators, to just 2-3 players left in the game. No ones likes playing the boring and overly large and ugly maps. I'm all for new maps, but there's way too many crappy maps on the map list.

Shorten up the maplist, there's way too much choice and option anyways...

that's my 2 cents and im sure there's a handful of players who play on the pub server who feel the same

~~D4RR3N~~
06-24-2014, 10:52 PM
I agree that there are too many maps and there are always played the same over and over.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-25-2014, 04:27 AM
There is even a few SLV maps on the list.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Will look into this thanks. Would also help if people name said maps also. Thank you

skinnyPete
06-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Id vote to throw Control out, its always a pain in the ass with people defending and laming...already had some 20+ minutes games at 0-0.
Control_LE is more playable, with its 2 additional paths its easier to cap.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-26-2014, 09:36 AM
^ see some more constructive post keep em coming! Maps to be removed will be considered significantly

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-26-2014, 10:04 AM
8ofspace (SLV map)
Niven and Niven-le (How high must you be wanting to play 6v6 insta on that map)
november, there is 3 different vesrions and it hardly ever gets voted.Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=maps&sort=ASC&filter=mapfile&gid=0&q=november)
CTF-'Z-D!ox!de
CTF-2ManJob, just a spawnkilling map, all you have to do is stand in a hallway and hold fire down for holy shits.
CTF-2pyrimads
CTF-2pyrimads][
CTF-thornsv4, this is a huge open map that takes 7-10 days to grab and cap.
CTF-DDAY
CTF-badneighbors
CTF-burgerwarsIII
CTF-burgerWarsIIIM
CTF-burgerwars][
CTF-Coret, there is the 3on3 version and another league version on the server.
CTF-EliteArena (I think this is the name of another huge open map that takes a year to grab and cap)
CTF-EternalCaves,CTF-EternalCaves][red][ there is already the two symmetrical versions on the server.
CTF-Face,CTF-Faceig2, there is 3 version of face and the face][ version.
Most of the 5 CTF-Gaunlets
CTF-Control

ZodiaK
06-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Extortion, Gauntlets, w00t-DY, Elite Arena, Thorns, DDay and DDay w00t, all the Faces

kokett
06-26-2014, 11:22 AM
i agree with most of these maps being removed. the 8ofspace map is called 8ofspaceIG for a reason tho ;) it was actually fun to play in the past and required teamplay (tactics+cover) to score there.
i never got the chance to play it on these servers here so i can't say how it works out. however, there are much more worse maps on the server than this one in any case.
oh und you forgot the 1on1-joust crap... the urban version looks kinda playable if the server is low on players, the small one shouldnt have a place here.

8ofspace (SLV map)
Niven and Niven-le (How high must you be wanting to play 6v6 insta on that map)
november, there is 3 different vesrions and it hardly ever gets voted.Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=maps&sort=ASC&filter=mapfile&gid=0&q=november)
CTF-'Z-D!ox!de
CTF-2ManJob, just a spawnkilling map, all you have to do is stand in a hallway and hold fire down for holy shits.
CTF-2pyrimads
CTF-2pyrimads][
CTF-thornsv4, this is a huge open map that takes 7-10 days to grab and cap.
CTF-DDAY
CTF-badneighbors
CTF-burgerwarsIII
CTF-burgerWarsIIIM
CTF-burgerwars][
CTF-Coret, there is the 3on3 version and another league version on the server.
CTF-EliteArena (I think this is the name of another huge open map that takes a year to grab and cap)
CTF-EternalCaves,CTF-EternalCaves][red][ there is already the two symmetrical versions on the server.
CTF-Face,CTF-Faceig2, there is 3 version of face and the face][ version.
Most of the 5 CTF-Gaunlets
CTF-Control

Mp/5
06-26-2014, 02:59 PM
i also agree with the list that SJA posted, besides 2manjob which is a nice dm map, with usually even more than a few caps. if you take off sk maps you take off most of the small dm maps like w00t and action which is dumb cause that's what they are spawn killing maps.
maps should be added to his list imo:
Gaunlet versions (he mentioned just extra input) - there are like 5, 1 is more than enough with this map or maybe keep 2on2 version with original.
w00ting1way - frustrating map like niven chaos that only way you cap on this map is if u have a player advantage or teams really but really fucked up.
Face in all different version (he mentioned just extra input) - common this is 2014 not the demo. saw some weird people vote for it and then its overtime forever (when server is full ofc).
fragwhorEes - most boring dm map ever. so big its impossible to cap without having a huge frag advantage or uneven player numbers.
command- the original version way too big and pointless.
Ancient - its built in structure like a dm map (abreez) but big like sprinta, which leads to useless dm in middle that Americans love so much (they are the only 1 ususally voting for it).
CTF-((frequency))- the creator of face?
dreary- with 1 entrance to base this map isnt playable now days when a lot of players shooting 40 acc on it.
football- an awful map that is usually just a lot of dming in mid and if you wanna cap you will need a player spawn killing the low spawn point all the time to get out of base.
and finally... duku - i dont see why there is a need for 2 duku maps which are exactly the same (oh there is a ramp in 1 totally different map my bad) and this map is played way too much which leads to new maps or different maps not being played.
just looking at the last few pages of maps played on uk server you can see the influence it has on the maps being played and usually comes in doubles.
i think people will be able to live with 1 duku (beside the few noobs that cried in the past when it was removed cause that's the only map they are hardly good at ;D ) and will open the gate for new maps not being played atm.

thanks for addressing the issue blaze. let the duku lovers crying begin...

kokett
06-26-2014, 07:06 PM
Gaunlet versions (he mentioned just extra input) - there are like 5, 1 is more than enough with this map or maybe keep 2on2 version with original..
agreed, but the version kept should be the cb2 one, since the spawns are optimized there. @ the original its too easy to dm in front of the red base (and thats what usually happens) since everyone spawns within.

I also agree that there are a lot of maps that should have much more playtime. problem is, they mostly don't work on the publics because of the teamplay lack. people then tend to lame/camp there, hence they are disliked/not voted.

Mp/5
06-26-2014, 09:55 PM
some maps would work great on the public server, but people dont know them so they tend to stick with old maps. thats why getting rid of 1 duku would increase the chance people will try different maps.
p.s. maybe instead of klondike for the default map when the server crashes (happened a lot lately), put one of the new maps, or rotation of a few if its possible, so people will see there are some new stuff that are good 2.

kokett
06-27-2014, 05:37 AM
i dont believe the duku thing, people just loves it.
getting rid of klondike as default map in exchange for one of the newly added is a great idea however.

Vego
08-17-2014, 04:16 PM
100% agree, the maplist needs to be shortened. Too many different (bad) maps tend to make people just want to play it safe with the ones they have played a million times.
I dont know all the maps hence i wont vote for some of them because they might be shit. is there somewhere i can download the entire maplist to see wich ones are nice?

also maps that are clearly not suited for this server or even insta like CTF-DeNovo should be obviously be removed, there are probably more of these.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-18-2014, 03:00 AM
Can you remove some of the joust maps. They just voted it 3 times in a row, not everyone wants to play that retarded map for 45 minutes in a row.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-20-2014, 11:11 AM
on my to do list, please bump!

Chamberly
08-20-2014, 01:42 PM
Woop there it is!