PDA

View Full Version : My demo's

|uK|MiniWick
04-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I have allot of demo's I'd like to put in and stuff, but when I go to play them they're super laggy and the gun swings every where's like chronox on a sat night . I'm using the Xconsole demo.
I dont use fraps because it randomly started to lagg me when I use it now.
Help !

Sakura
04-16-2011, 09:52 AM
hey, I'm putting demo's together too. I torrented my fraps so you'll have extra time to demo with it. Try half size 60 fps. Make sure you half a window to ut aswell. It works the best for me, but my brightness sucks, so im probably going to try different renders and see how it works out.

And I don't get how you can record demos without fraps, how else are you suppose to get them lol. I went to UnrealTournament, Demos, clicked on one, and clicked Open with... Media player. It does not work :|

In the summer, I might send all these demos to my dad's computer. See how it works out. Or tonight. Whenever they go to bed >:D I'm sure it would work on his, his computer is kickass

|uK|MiniWick
04-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Well it's funny cause when I first downloaded FRAPS it worked like an angel, I have a lil bit of records . But then al of sudden when I start to record it makes my game play rubish but in the rec it looks fine .

Sakura
04-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Same here. It depends on how fast my ut will go when I start it up. So i can get any speed. Is .dem to .avi possible? I downloaded something but it doesn't seem to support .dem files like it said it would :|

|uK|MiniWick
04-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm sure theirs a converter some weres in the world of Ethernet

Sakura
04-16-2011, 10:18 AM
All I see is counter strike stuff. There is always Plan B C D and E

1. Another computer. Which we have six in this house haha. But one is qualified for this :|
2. Change renders
3. Torrent something better than fraps
4. Convert .dem file into something else then to an .avi file

All i got so far

lercs12
04-16-2011, 12:47 PM
post it if u find one =)

Sakura
04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
I think this anti spam mod approve shit sucks. Why do I get my post randomly deleted? And ill give you it if I find one.

A^3
04-16-2011, 02:13 PM
When I started off I used demorec to get clips. You have to view the demos through Ut. Just open your console and type either playdemo name or demoplay name. Just replace name with whatever your demo is called. You have to re record those demos with an outside program such as fraps, or gamecam. I found that I lagged even more trying to use fraps to record the ut demos. It worked better for me just to record with fraps. It lags me a bit and the file sizes are huge but this way works best for me. I turn fraps to 30fps and half size. This lags me less.

Sakura
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
When I started off I used demorec to get clips. You have to view the demos through Ut. Just open your console and type either playdemo name or demoplay name. Just replace name with whatever your demo is called. You have to re record those demos with an outside program such as fraps, or gamecam. I found that I lagged even more trying to use fraps to record the ut demos. It worked better for me just to record with fraps. It lags me a bit and the file sizes are huge but this way works best for me. I turn fraps to 30fps and half size. This lags me less.

The worst part is waiting for the exact moment to happen. Especially on siege 80 minute siege demos. I waited twenty minutes for no reason but to crash. Its kinda sad fraps is the only thing out there? I hear the file sizes are very big to have that on for a whole game. If the event didn't happen like example shooting the nuke down and I press f9 too early it'll really slow down my demo after.

A^3
04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
I stuck with recording in short bursts. Like 10sec - 1 min clips. I would check them then delete the ones I didn't want. I went through about 400+clips for my last video. You dont always get good shots but the ones you get turn out ok with fraps. Just make sure you have room for clips. A 30sec clips can be around 200mb.

Sakura
04-17-2011, 07:48 AM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/hollist2/deck16help.png

I try to play Deck 16 demos. But whenever I try to play that map it shows an error like this. Anyone know what to do?