PDA

View Full Version : SiegeIV Bug Reports

.seVered.][
08-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Bugs?

Banny
08-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Whenever you headshot a person you get a Double kill.

PS :. Please bring the warhead build back to normal. It's so retarded when its a small nuke room ( like in uK_Bathrooms ) and theres so many HUGE nukes, just cant see anything.

http://i.imgur.com/pK0OzEN.png

|uK|fleecey
08-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Whenever you headshot a person you get a Double kill.

PS :. Please bring the warhead build back to normal. It's so retarded when its a small nuke room ( like in uK_Bathrooms ) and theres so many HUGE nukes, just cant see anything.

http://i.imgur.com/pK0OzEN.png

I think higor and chiseller is aware of this problem, Krikor told us in ts about this when we were updating the new version...it's probably being worked on.

Stormy
08-14-2014, 09:29 AM
I had a double kill because im too good..

Chamberly
08-14-2014, 12:28 PM
You can build something other than what's available in the constructor? (shrinker... even neutron?)

|uK|fleecey
08-14-2014, 01:23 PM
I do like the new warhead! Looks so much better!

Shiro
08-14-2014, 01:27 PM
constructor seems to be so buggy , sometimes makes you build stuff by accident , whenever you pick up a weapon it autoswitch to it, havent found any other ones .

Higor
08-14-2014, 02:12 PM
There are two 2K4Sounds mutators loaded, and that's most likely causing the double headshot thing (it's happening with ripper and chainsaw as well).
Shrinker and Ape cannon only appear late into the game, seen shrinker appear mostly in overtime on that Simplex game.
Flame thrower also took a long time to spawn, that will pretty much balance things out.

Banny
08-14-2014, 02:20 PM
With shrinker suit u can piston 3x distance. FIX IT PLS

|uK|Grimreaper
08-14-2014, 02:23 PM
there are a few bugs i experienced

1. after you build trans and u pick it up it auto-switches to it.
2. after picking up a nuke it doesn't auto-switch to it. (some cases it's good some isn't
3. after i shot my nuke it dissapeared while flying it and i was running arround the map in the nukeflymode crosshair??
4. my keybind to get piston out doesn't work.
5. the distance of the trans in high level is rly low it's like trans from normal weapons.
6. while the suplier isn't lvl 5 and i press my sniper keybind it doesnt switch to sniper (i always used it to get to my constructor faster)
7. and yes the nukebuildings are gay..

ill be looking out for more bugs..

HIGH+CAMILO
08-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Bring back the old nuke ffs!!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Piston Jump bind is not working anymore...
Sniper is always double kill, each kill with sniper gives 100RU lol

Higor

|uK|chiseller
08-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Grim, the trans is not a bug. It's pretty much a lvl3 trans from the old siege.

Higor, I don't think that's the issue. I double checked again earlier and restarted the server. Either SAM's secret batch file is loading it or the problem lies somewhere else.
Let's hope SAM has got a few minutes time tonight.

|uK|fleecey
08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
there are a few bugs i experienced

1. after you build trans and u pick it up it auto-switches to it.
2. after picking up a nuke it doesn't auto-switch to it. (some cases it's good some isn't
3. after i shot my nuke it dissapeared while flying it and i was running arround the map in the nukeflymode crosshair??
4. my keybind to get piston out doesn't work.
5. the distance of the trans in high level is rly low it's like trans from normal weapons.
6. while the suplier isn't lvl 5 and i press my sniper keybind it doesnt switch to sniper (i always used it to get to my constructor faster)
7. and yes the nukebuildings are gay..

ill be looking out for more bugs..

1. I don't see how this is a problem really.
4. I think chamberly posted the problem with keybinds, I had some issues too, but they seem to work good again.
7. I like the new look of the warhead :)

+8 .. the RU seems to go much faster then normal..

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Minishield is terrible now (it's working)
700 RU (?) for a almost undestructible defense, that makes impossible kill SP's (...+) with normal weapons and gives less RU than normal? SERIOUSLY Higor

Increase the value or
Decrease the resistance or
Bug the damage area again LOL

RTG`
08-14-2014, 06:20 PM
Big problem with the demo playback... You cant play ANY demos with the new siege.. After I play a demo I'm only able to see around 15 seconds of it and then I get these random crash messages:
(The second crash message is the one I get the most)

But there is a demo I really need to see, is my demo forever broken or there is a way to fix it? :( :( :(

Chamberly
08-14-2014, 06:35 PM
For the demo... it would usually crash, and can't even see someone else's demo as well. I think I'll have to check this out.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-15-2014, 01:52 AM
I didnt saw any advantage in this new siege... we only found bugs.
can you put the old version until fix completly this siege edition?

Banny
08-15-2014, 02:52 AM
we just wanted grenades to be removed >_<

RTG`
08-15-2014, 08:52 AM
When there are lots of containers, for example in a leech game, ALL buildings are not repaired at all. Please fix this.

Higor
08-15-2014, 01:09 PM
AdRiaN;78087]can you put the old version until fix completly this siege edition?
SiegeIV is fine, the server setup isn't.

2k4Sounds is loaded once (profiled the server...), loaded 2k4Sounds on the dev server and there was no double HeadShot so it's not a compatibility issue.
So something else is interfering...

When there are lots of containers, for example in a leech game, ALL buildings are not repaired at all. Please fix this.
Including themselves, containers heal up to 48 other builds, won't increase array size for a technical reason.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-15-2014, 02:44 PM
SiegeIV is fine, the server setup isn't.
okay! but minishield must be nerfed!
you know... now its almost IMPOSSIBLE kill a sp with minishield protecting it.
there is only 2 ways, nuking eh sp on all team dominating the game and attacking the sp together, because now we cant shot sp's from a safe place, or dodge the projectiles being far from it.

im not ask for BUG the minishield radius again, just balance it. For me, the way the minishield is right now, it should cost 1200RU

btw, i have a question Higor, the nuke damage is lower now? yesterday a nuked the core and only damaged 13%, not 20 like before.

Banny
08-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Whenever you pickup a nuke , it doesn't auto switch to it. How do you fix that??

Novak
08-15-2014, 03:59 PM
The piston keybind works, just maybe not the super piston jump keybind that some use.

Although not necessarily a bug, I believe that the GL was created specifically for the Niven map and, without it, the map is even worse without that op weapon to accelerate games by either shooting a fan leech or pinning a team in their base. Three Nivens on the server is two too many.

Higor
08-15-2014, 04:23 PM
Whenever you pickup a nuke , it doesn't auto switch to it. How do you fix that??
Bug in sgWarhead (when i rewrote the item-giving function to support mutators) not properly adapted to new code.
Pulse rifle, leecher and other weapons will autoswitch indeed.

Noted for next version*.

EDIT:
A workaround to it is to not give the sgNukeLauncher weapon to players when they spawn, so when picking a new one up it does auto-switch.
Would require INI edit and a server restart tho.

--- Updated ---

AdRiaN;78108]btw, i have a question Higor, the nuke damage is lower now? yesterday a nuked the core and only damaged 13%, not 20 like before.

Proable the core is stronger?
INI setting GoalTeamScore should be 30 to keep the core like it was before...

--- Updated ---

Although not necessarily a bug, I believe that the GL was created specifically for the Niven map and, without it, the map is even worse without that op weapon to accelerate games by either shooting a fan leech or pinning a team in their base.

McFartzly is one of the main purposes of the GL, that weapon is magestic there.
I would have still preferred a nerfed GL in MID and a buildable EMP+Ape cannon.

Trying to attack on simplex and niven is so dull and repetitive now...

--- Updated ---

AdRiaN;78108]im not ask for BUG the minishield radius again, just balance it. For me, the way the minishield is right now, it should cost 1200RU
Minishield now has a spheric collision that matches it's visual, headshotting it is way more difficult and it's real volume is around 25% more... price could be increased from 650 to 800.

--- Updated ---

The piston keybind works, just maybe not the super piston jump keybind that some use.
It's just aliased binds, LCWeapons can't read those.
Just watch the new keybind for piston and then add the new command it to the aliased bind.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Key=Mutate GetWeapon lc_ih|getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | OnRelease Jump | SetJetpack 1|DoubleJump|JumpRel|pistonjump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0

Chamberly
08-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Those who is looking for binds, please look here!

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/siegeiv-keybind-set-5156/

|uK|kenneth
08-15-2014, 07:46 PM
i don't need to change my binds? i never had to.

Chamberly
08-15-2014, 07:57 PM
i don't need to change my binds? i never had to.

Either did I. Weapon switch scroll ftw! :)

Novak
08-15-2014, 08:17 PM
McFartzly is one of the main purposes of the GL, that weapon is magestic there.
I would have still preferred a nerfed GL in MID and a buildable EMP+Ape cannon.

Trying to attack on simplex and niven is so dull and repetitive now...[COLOR="Red"]

For the record, I coined the term McFartzly, a second cousin of McShitty.

I would like to see the EMP brought back in buildable form. A buildable ape cannon on Niven makes sense. Of course, that assumes Niven makes sense. I believe we're done here.

I don't think simplex has the same issues but moreso is a problem with the multitude of public players who only make mines and don't learn to attack. On that map there are several tele spots to corner a team and drain their RU for the easy win with a coordinated effort.

Finally, I believe the headshot double kill is a conspiracy by the admins/developers to get players to take chances using the sniper to get the double RU bonus on the kill and reward players who have refined that ability. I have to say it is a rather addictive strategy to go for that double kill headshot. For the better shooters I am sure it is laughable as they take those shots to the RU bank.

Chamberly
08-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Finally, I believe the headshot double kill is a conspiracy by the admins/developers to get players to take chances using the sniper to get the double RU bonus on the kill and reward players who have refined that ability.

Not exactly. Try to do some developing and you can find accidental stuffs along the way.

i_remember_my
08-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I discovered a very common problem in the server, not if it helps, sometimes, when you wake up lag on my internet in my laptop case that is labeled, then everything becomes normal, but shot the gun and it does not hurt , choose the weapon again and restarted.

I have a silly idea a super-saver for me, would be only a super-saver where every enemy that appears to shoot this, suppose there are 2 or 3 weapons in it, appears the first enemy detects your first gun, and shoot, appears second and so no more now he shoots his second weapon, and so on you will put a limit of weapons that can have this super-saver and say that like it's a super-saver, ru would cost more if costs 500 now costs 1600 and would be a unique super-saver for base.
and would shield the normal firing a single weapon.
I hope I do not bother with this nonsense.

~V~
08-15-2014, 10:07 PM

GetWeapon LCImpactHammer
GetWeapon LCSniperRifle

You should be able to combine the new with old:

GetWeapon LCImpactHammer | GetWeapon ImpactHammer | rest of jump bind...

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-15-2014, 10:35 PM
I discovered a very common problem in the server, not if it helps, sometimes, when you wake up lag on my internet in my laptop case that is labeled, then everything becomes normal, but shot the gun and it does not hurt , choose the weapon again and restarted.

YES!!!
its happening with me, but it's already from RC21, thats a annoying glitch.

[R]^Osyris
08-16-2014, 12:05 AM
dont register shots on ramp sometimes when the enemy is crouched

Higor. Lo digo en espaol.

Bug: Cuando se agacha el enemigo y ambos estn en una rampa no registra el disparo (a veces).
me paso en simplex y butchered. con la sniper

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-16-2014, 12:34 AM
]ok, lets go!
guys, make SM's inside of minishileds in maps like niven and simplex... it's IMPOSSIBLE use ripper for attack the mine now!

in door maps the only way for kill a sm is nuking it! using 1300 ru for a mate from other team rebuild the sm using less than 1000

pathetic!

Novak
08-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Not exactly. Try to do some developing and you can find accidental stuffs along the way.

My humor is not always apparent but I was only half serious with this comment and many others often, really the whole post I made there. Explaining it usually kills it, but still want to be clear about it and thanks for letting me know it is in fact a bug.

Higor
08-16-2014, 03:51 AM
AdRiaN;78153]]ok, lets go!
guys, make SM's inside of minishileds in maps like niven and simplex... it's IMPOSSIBLE use ripper for attack the mine now!

in door maps the only way for kill a sm is nuking it! using 1300 ru for a mate from other team rebuild the sm using less than 1000

pathetic!

There was a special factor on that SM...
There were TWO super containers supporting it.

Chamberly
08-16-2014, 06:35 AM
There were TWO super containers supporting it.

lol

DANGERBOY
08-16-2014, 09:33 AM
The translocator is untelefraggable......Some1 droppped it on the floor and i just boosted it away with combo....(enemy ofc))
Did u change the sniper too? It's fucking lagging for evry1 on the server..

|uK|Grimreaper
08-16-2014, 09:48 AM
GetWeapon LCImpactHammer
GetWeapon LCSniperRifle

You should be able to combine the new with old:

GetWeapon LCImpactHammer | GetWeapon ImpactHammer | rest of jump bind...

i'll explain the sniper issue in irc

i_remember_my
08-16-2014, 03:47 PM
^Osyris;78152]Cuando se agacha el enemigo y ambos estn en una rampa no registra el disparo (a veces).
me paso en simplex y butchered. con la sniper

estoy de acuerdo, a mi me paso ayer tambien cuando intentaba dispararte con la sniper en ClarionUltimateV5 a vos higor vos agachado y no te daba y se te veia la mitad del cuerpo.

Higor
08-16-2014, 04:00 PM
LCv9:
No ducking headshot bug

Shiro
08-16-2014, 04:35 PM
i prefer playing with the bug , i dont wanna play in a server where EVERYONE is fucking crouching (like those camper servers).

Chamberly
08-16-2014, 05:39 PM
EVERYONE is fucking crouching (like those camper servers).

ROFL!!!! C'mon I gotta do my ducky snipy dances!

I don't wanna be a chicken I don't wanna be a duck, so I shake my ass (Na na na na!)

SAM
09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
Back, somewhat, *fart*. Any issues I need to deal with?

Krikor
09-06-2014, 05:20 PM
HMM I would like stuff like, fast upgrade on buildings or rechargable ape cannon fixed-

Chamberly
09-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Seem fine to me?

Higor
09-06-2014, 05:50 PM
fast upgrade on buildings
Practice enough with the binds and you'll be able to pull my Level-5 mine in 2 seconds trick.

rechargable ape cannon fixed
Even the Antifun wants to have some fun from time to time...

Krikor
09-06-2014, 08:24 PM
...I can do fast upgrade maybe not like you because i dont have binds for everything

Also, i find it very lame to build 10 mines in 30 secs. Was thinking since SOMEONE is mad about grenade launcher being removed and attacking is harder, then make a mine limit just as we used to in pugs, and even a super protectors limit.

Banny
09-07-2014, 01:30 AM
fast upgrade on buildings

It is possible to do it

|uK|kenneth
09-07-2014, 02:04 AM
rip public siege server.

Krikor
09-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Thats the point banny. It is possible and should be fixed, this shouldnt be possible

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I was talking to chis about it

I honestly think there should be a limit on amount of mini shields say maximum 4-6 mini shields - recently there is too many people using minishields to protect even a normal mine let alone other buildings, this will also help teams build tactically

and also super pros to a maximum of 10-12 - I;ve never seen anymore than 12 being made ever if not 10, this will also help teams build tactically

Chamberly
09-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Probably at least 6 minisheilds for each team? Cause I know if someone build a lot of these, it will make the server laggy, somehow. : $

Higor
09-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Ha ha ha, even more limits.
That won't change anything, it takes three minishields to break havoc on attackers' plans.

'Build tactically'?
That point is rendred MOOT when the enemy team start clearing entire bases with two nukes.
The tactical build stuff would be an amazing concept if Siege was 100% weapon based and not nuke based.

If I get back to SiegeIV, is for a huge metagame redesign as alternate mode (some nice concepts introduced by Scourge will be taken into account).

Krikor
09-07-2014, 05:56 PM
thats when you build tactical mines! lol. But yeah minishields are just too much, they defend too well from normal weapons except nukes and they give like 1 ru lets say per sniper shot lol

Also idk about 10-12 sps lol I mean it can depend on the map too, just think about niven, coret and simplex with 12 sps jeez (counting that there's a limit rofl)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
09-07-2014, 07:55 PM
and also super pros to a maximum of 10-12 - I;ve never seen anymore than 12 being made ever if not 10, this will also help teams build tactically

My record is 15 on barthrooms, it was in retaliation of minigun spam, and to just annoy the players on the other team. I spread them out far enough that a nuker couldn't take out more than 2 at a time, as well as not giving out too much ru per nuke.

The spam vs spam tactic.

Kate*Bush
09-10-2014, 06:24 AM
Bug number 1 - the destruction of buildings using the ripper.
Not logical.

p.s. do not cry f turtle, u sux !)

p.p.s. for idiots : faster than other weapons

Moskva
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Logical? Thought this was Unreal Tournament, might as well add Stamina so Harlin gets tired after a front dodge

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Logical? Thought this was Unreal Tournament, might as well add Stamina so Harlin gets tired after a front dodge

ROFL

anyway making the game "logical" makes no sense

weapons are meant to damage the buildings