D Nuking [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : D Nuking

Novak
08-17-2014, 08:01 PM
This topic has come up at various times, but I think it is time to introduce it into the pug rules. D Nuking is simply too easy and, while tactically advantageous, is an op maneuver.

The rules should be amended to denote either an auto-loss for a team D nuking and/or a ban for the player doing so. This proposal is for pug only.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
08-17-2014, 08:07 PM
D nuke on public would not be allowed, even more for pugs!
its almost impossible fail a D nuke, you need only use 1300 for kill a player that used 3000RU+

and we can not forget the 600 or 1200 bonus for D nukers

¬¬

Higor
08-17-2014, 08:10 PM
GIT GUD BOY

|uK|kenneth
08-17-2014, 10:17 PM
looks like someone got killed while nuking in a pug.

Banny
08-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Deal with it people. Then I'd say piston boosting should be banned too , no?

Why can't you understand the concept of a decoy in pugs?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-18-2014, 01:21 AM
If you ban that, then you should also ban, super booster + jetpack.

Chamberly
08-18-2014, 01:50 AM
When I started reading, I'm like... wut? I don't understand you? :P lol

Booty
08-18-2014, 02:23 AM
wtf.... instead banning and limiting stuff .. why not getting better skills and/or sending someone to neutralize the D nuker before you nuke?

This rule change requests are getting pretty much ridiculous.

HIGH+CAMILO
08-18-2014, 07:38 AM
D nuke is pretty much the same as Diablo with insta on the sink in bathrooms! ROFL

INVIS FTW!!

SilverWing
08-18-2014, 08:26 AM
lol... yeah not happening... get some skill

BONZ
08-18-2014, 08:43 AM
As Banny said, just use a decoy and the person D nuking will lose a lot of RU. There is risk and reward for D nuking so I don't see an issue with it

|uK|kenneth
08-18-2014, 09:04 AM
request DENIED.

Moskva
08-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Lots of words from people that i've never seen type .j

|uK|Rays
08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
siege offense is almost as cheese as defense now lol, d nuke is almost the only way to kill a nuker without them stepping on a random mine (which is also cheese)

im looking at all you trans + belt feggits

also moskva has a legit point.

Krikor
08-18-2014, 10:15 AM
well i dont mind D nuking, and the reason for this post is that I was the one to get D nuked by novak which saved them :p

DANGERBOY
08-18-2014, 10:39 AM
well i dont mind D nuking, and the reason for this post is that I was the one to get D nuked by novak which saved them :p

by me :p
i just spawned at core and didnt want to get my nuke killed so i nuked you ... lel

Chamberly
08-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Lots of words from people that i've never seen type .j

.j

|uK|chiseller
08-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Only happy ppl dnuke

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
08-18-2014, 11:48 AM
thats a tactics i guess!

D nuke can fail also? Adrian used an awesome Move and the D nuke fails =)

|uK|Rays
08-18-2014, 05:39 PM
for once i would like it if changes were made that make SHOOTING THE GUNS a more important thing in siege, what if regular weapons were the only thing that could hurt the other teams core? (incoming pub heros telling me that this is a bad idea) shitters pls, siege is a complex mod and the way it's played is always evolving, big change is not always a bad thing. remember when there was no mid spawn? ye.

super pros and mines are more threatening than your average player, especially since you can just ignore enemies because you have tons of health and armor, not that going after objectives is bad but let's be real here, the return you get for hitting the enemy core for like 2 seconds is better than 5-6 kills

even in my current state as a trash can, i would enjoy less random/cheese aspects to siege, at least for the pug version since we finally got the server up for it again.

Higor
08-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Still remember that old idea for an alternate Siege system.

Healing links (creating small healing zones).
Instant weapon suppliers (1 to 4 weapons, limited ammo and restocking timer), so players get to (un)wisely choose their starting weapons.
Special weapon suppliers and weapon enhancers.
Short ranged warp points instead of boosters.

Novak
08-19-2014, 02:09 AM
by me :p
i just spawned at core and didnt want to get my nuke killed so i nuked you ... lel

Exactly. It was a tactically smart move especially in OT or theoretically in late-game. After I nuked the door on Simplex and you went in to nuke their core (the winning OT core hit), Snake said later he could have picked up his nuke to D nuke you but didn't.

I just thought that instead of this honor code to not D nuke or whatever based on various player preferences, let's just codify that D nuking in pugs, especially on a map like Simplex, is pretty lame and should be dealt with accordingly.

Determining how actual puggers feel about it and setting a course of action is the purpose of this thread. It just seems like a gray area at present so here we go with it.

SilverWing
08-19-2014, 08:23 AM
especially on a map like Simplex,

getting past someone d nuking in simplez is easy...i know a lot of people have got past it.

Remember, Siege is a team game... with a little team work u can do anything.

Krikor
08-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Unless you have sw on your team...destiny is to lose

HIGH+CAMILO
08-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Remember, Siege is a team game... with a little team work u can do anything.

I remember an epic D nuke fail of Banny on simplex (no hard fellings LoL). I got rubber suit, i just made speed and run to their core, banny nuked me ofc, thing is, Adrian was at door waiting for that move.
Teamwork ftw.

Banny
08-20-2014, 09:04 AM
I remember an epic D nuke fail of Banny on simplex (no hard fellings LoL). I got rubber suit, i just made speed and run to their core, banny nuked me ofc, thing is, Adrian was at door waiting for that move.
Teamwork ftw.

si, that decoy though

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-20-2014, 10:33 AM
theres tons of things you can do to counteract defensive nuking, please stop whining about it already.

I understand why you brought this up, yes it is lame to have someone defensive nuke you but thats part and parcel of defending your core in the hope that a teammate can successfully get to the enemy core themselves

Novak
08-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Good points made. I'm flexible about it. I heard some whining after a pug and personally agree with Adrian who had brought it up on a previous thread but it's really not that big of a deal to me going forward. Moving on.

Scourge
08-24-2014, 03:07 AM
AdRiaN;78275']D nuke on public would not be allowed, even more for pugs!
its almost impossible fail a D nuke, you need only use 1300 for kill a player that used 3000RU+

and we can not forget the 600 or 1200 bonus for D nukers

¬¬

Actually, it's quite easy to dodge, but you'll need to leave the trans in your base.

Higor
08-24-2014, 04:39 AM
Actually, it's quite easy to dodge, but you'll need to leave the trans in your base.
You had me waste so many resources like that :(

TDNConvict
09-10-2014, 03:44 PM
i enjoy d nuking moskva the most

Moskva
09-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Bet you do, faggot

Janssen
09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
One map where d nuke is awfully safe is simplex... you see the guy come from miles away with his xloc, and dang.

IMO right now it's a non-issue because ppl don't d-nuke on public. I think ppl know it's considered a cheap shot even if it's allowed.

I d-nuked once on simplex to help reverse game in overtime and we did, and won.

d-nuking is like hitting sup which i do occasionally to hit a jetpacker or a nuker.

jay2
09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
I like d-nuking.

Chamberly
09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm sure you do. I D-nuked Grim before! :D LOL

BONZ
12-16-2014, 07:41 AM
I went out to nuke on Bluevember a couple weeks ago, when I approached mid I saw a nuker from enemy team and thought I would D nuke them instead. A team mate who was shooting at the enemy shot my nuke instead and the nuker hit his target unscathed. FML!