PDA

View Full Version : Overtime in siege

Banny
09-03-2014, 02:43 PM
On the public server maps like Coret , Niven ( atleast 1 from 3 ) , Command , even McSwarzly etc .. they shouldn't be there on the siege server. Why I say this because half of the public server in my opinion is retarded( no offence to anyone but they seriously act like ) They like to make those minishields which are almost invincible except if u nuke it twice/thrice . No one is willing to attack except they love making minishields/SP/mines. These maps usually go 3-4 hours Overtime easily. This amount of time could have been used to play 2-3 decent maps.
Even if you ask to vote after OT they act dumb.

So, I am requesting that most of the maps should be removed OR a method should be devised which should make these OT games less terrible. and by devising a method for OT would mean by limiting the amount of mines that can be built / SPS / Minishields ( ;_; ) etc or if anyone has better suggestions , feel free to comment

utbusta
09-03-2014, 02:50 PM
I don't mind playing them, though I hate those maps, but they do get out of hand. I wish there was a way to "end it quickly", a simpler way to get it to end. Often times when it hits overtime, the "nukers" leave and it leaves an open door to building crap leeches, spamming doors, dm'ing mid etc. Maybe a 10 minute OT? Builds to be destroyed easier? Whatever is fair and sensible.

It wouldn't break my heart to see some of those maps go.

|uK|kenneth
09-03-2014, 03:47 PM
http://bodygeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/child-crying-350x384.jpg

|uK|fleecey
09-03-2014, 03:50 PM
Just leave game if you don't wanna play OT

utbusta
09-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Agreed, and at times I do but I also hate waiting for 2-4 hours for a new game lol come on now!

Higor
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Since there's absolutely nothing that can open nut hard defenses, I'll keep making them so they become impossible to break.
Gonna take as many games to overtime and piss some ppl off just to prove how balance has shifted towards defense with the latest changes in the profile.

~V~
09-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Reinstate the GL?

/me runs

|uK|fleecey
09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Reinstate the GL?

/me runs

No thank you, it was voted away for a reason.

~V~
09-03-2014, 06:59 PM
J/k :)

~~D4RR3N~~
09-03-2014, 07:07 PM
there are plenty of mods to play after you reach ot in siege... you can play 2-4 insta/combo/nw maps in a single siege ot...

ZodiaK
09-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I forgot Command and Coret were siege maps. I remember jumping into a Coret game, saw all of the sps and mini shields, left not even a minute of being there.

jay2
09-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Overtime is fine the way it is. If you dont like it try to end map faster.

Higor
09-03-2014, 09:47 PM
I remember jumping into a Coret game, saw all of the sps and mini shields
Yep, that was my team.

Banny
09-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Other mods like iCTF or combo are 10 mins game each and for that pointless OT map we have to wait atleast 3 hours to play a decent map. What logic is this?80 mins siege + 30 min OT is agreeable but 3-4 hours OT , wtf?

Shiro
09-04-2014, 01:29 AM
it would be awesome if in overtime , everytime you die the core loss a percent of its health or something like that , a way to kill the core more faster since this higor juniors we have today keep building and building leech , its boring to play star wars , when you actually want to play siege :/ (full of spros [what a terrible joke]).

Booty
09-04-2014, 03:19 AM
I suggested it before and will do it now:

When the game reaches overtime mid weapons should be nukes that when fired with right click and exploded mid air they turn into EMP blast and regular if they just hit something - could be nice if it was possible. This way you neutralize all defenses so other team mates can attack/nuke. To control a rogue nuke and making sure it doesnt hit anything would require some skill - but it is a good challange that will satisfy proponents of defense based games as well as attackers.

removing is bad idea because when a map gets votes it is because people like it

Stormy
09-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Only overtime Grenade Launcher in the mid spawn, if its possible?

DANGERBOY
09-04-2014, 09:37 AM
No thank you, it was voted away for a reason.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/grenade-launcher-4297/

Did u guys even check the results(i dont think so jeje)??????
YES NERFERD=DONT REMOVE JUST NERF(14votes)
no=DONT REMOVE IT(13votes)
so 14 + 13 = 27(if im right)
Yes(26 votes)
why do you guys even make a vote if 27>26 vote on NO and u remove it.Dont make a vote instead.....
A lots of guy doesnt even play who voted yes..ahah gooood

|uK|kenneth
09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
everytime you die the core loss a percent of its health or something like that

yeah right...

so you can feed on purpose right?

~~D4RR3N~~
09-04-2014, 03:36 PM
remove niven problem solved *puts on special sand cloak*

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-04-2014, 04:24 PM
a set timelimit of overtime would be favourable...

Shiro
09-05-2014, 05:35 AM
yeah right...

so you can feed on purpose right?
its just an idea you fucking retard ape face

~~D4RR3N~~
09-05-2014, 07:15 PM
a set timelimit of overtime would be favourable...
I think it'd be better that after ot you need to do a certain % of damage to win, instead of having to get it to 0

A^3
09-06-2014, 02:54 AM
Maybe get rid of overtime. Most regulars usually leave anyways. If there's no winner for that standard amount of time then lets move to the next map.

|uK|kenneth
09-06-2014, 06:17 AM
its just an idea you fucking retard ape face

its a retarded idea, so why even come up with it?

Shiro
09-06-2014, 08:28 PM
its a retarded idea, so why even come up with it?
stfu nerd

|uK|kenneth
09-07-2014, 02:03 AM
stfu nerd

:trolldance:

Shiro
09-07-2014, 06:48 AM
kenneth is zac in the future , i swear. Best t r o l l ever QQ

Krikor
09-07-2014, 12:51 PM
rofl kenneth why are u so retarded lately ? What are you doing to help about this situation? nothing more than retarded replies to other players ideas saying its retarded when you're the one being a ret. If you have nothing of help to post then dont do it because all you post in forum is troll replies that have no contribuition whatsoever.

Now what's your troll reply for mine?

About topic: As Blaze said I think the best possible way is to have a certain liimit time after overtime to do damage to the core and after the time has passed the core with most health wins ofc. If its still the same is there a way to just end it as a tie?

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-07-2014, 01:10 PM
thats what I meant

have overtime and whoevers core is healthier wins

|uK|kenneth
09-07-2014, 01:34 PM
lol you guys trying to make public like a pug server where everyone is so freacking good its a public server for something if you guys don't wanna play ot or don't want noobs to make lots of mines minishield's etc... then play some fucking pugs seriously. and about the idea of sk8 you all know i was right don't you think there's gonna be people feeding on purpose taking an example of (banny) he doesn't like to play overtime if we add the idea of sk8 all banny has to do is just getting killed by enemies. hope i made my point a bit clearder now, if not thx for trying.

btw banny got nothing agains't you man just needed a example you were the first one i could come up with:p

Banny
09-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Kennet, he just gave a suggestion. Of course it would require to look upon it from all sides to see whether this idea suits best for OT or not.

for instance , like you are saying ppl will FEED. If a person dies in quick succession and repeats it then it shouldn't be counted. simple

Higor
09-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I should turn the EFF based RU scoring on for a couple of games to see how it evolves...

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-08-2014, 09:04 AM
the whole point kenneth is to improve the experience and gameplay on public games for the better, always improving it means people will still keep playing and making it more enjoyable

jay2
09-10-2014, 06:40 PM
UT4 has an overtime (edit: i mean halftime) where the players are switched sides when it happens. Maybe when overtime happens certain consequences apply. Obviously not being able to repair the core is one of them but maybe more could be added. Nukes build twice as fast or something? Buildings give half the defense they used to?

hipN0
09-30-2014, 04:35 PM
I was here .. no comment.

NJ.
01-18-2015, 10:38 AM
i like the variation of maps, that make it exciting.
THe challang to brake the other team in
overtime.
Most of the time teams safe the Ru /nukes because you know
that the core cant be repaired then.

And i agree when a game goes to overtime indeed the balancer worked.
Sometimes you get surpricingly results when a team is far losing position
and comeback because better players joined the battle.

(like a comeback last in simplex 15-80 and still winning gives a thrill)

it 's always something!

TimTim
01-18-2015, 05:46 PM
(like a comeback last in simplex 15-80 and still winning gives a thrill)
Dat dopamine. It's because of it that every UT player is an addict.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-19-2015, 02:12 PM
damn dat NJ using forums now, what next?? hi nj :P