Removing Somebody else's Super Protector?? [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Removing Somebody else's Super Protector??

Banny
09-14-2014, 01:44 AM
So I was spectating on orbital and I saw higor removing someone else's Super Protector. he said its antileech bind. Are you fucking kidding me? I remember what Krikor said earlier about him that only he knows about this stuff and makes the game even worse , I completely agree with you man. Only him knows about the game loopholes and exploits and he finds it funny doing it in game but seriously PATHETIC!

http://i.imgur.com/tci1lJg.png

|uK|fleecey
09-14-2014, 07:41 AM
It should be removable for everyone to remove others super protectors though now when there is a limit

Banny
09-14-2014, 07:44 AM
It should be removable for everyone to remove others super protectors though now when there is a limit

Yeah but he said theres an antileech bind something for it. only him knows about this stuff

Higor
09-14-2014, 01:52 PM
The antileech bind has been there since RC18 i think, and i've mentioned it a few times.
Although it was never posted onto the bind list (ape severed).

On my defense, I rarely employ this command and when I do, it's for extremely terrible SP's.
Haven't found a cleaner way to implement leech removal within constructor, I was thinking with merging it with the Remove function but never went ahead with it.
Even the constructor GUI is something almost nobody uses, and I've advertised it a lot.

Either way, command info.

==========
AntiLeech

- No parameters
- Implemented in sgConstructor.
- Replicated, executed serverside.
- Cannot remove finished buildings.
- Cannot remove sgItem buildings.
- Ignores bOnlyOwnerRemove flag in builds.
- Scans for other buildings around the target, requires 2 other buildings that meet the following damage splashing conditions:
--- Less than (155 + neighbour radius) distance.
--- Visible to target building.
- Does not display a notify for self-owned buildings.
- Accumulates remove-protection as well.

This means that AntiLeech doesn't work on well placed buildings and nukes/items.
Must be used before the target building finishes building.

DANGERBOY
09-14-2014, 02:05 PM
stop making god damn fucking useless things like u cant WALK in the tele PLIS

BONZ
09-14-2014, 06:49 PM
On a related note I nearly removed an SC on niven just now due to their being another SC in the door already. I decided not to but that could have wrecked the game quite easily, and we then couldn't build a fan SC either.

Banny
09-14-2014, 11:19 PM
The antileech bind has been there since RC18 i think, and i've mentioned it a few times.
Although it was never posted onto the bind list (ape severed).

Yes , how do you think we are supposed to know all about this except you and your testers. No hard feelings just saying

Chamberly
09-15-2014, 12:18 AM
your testers

I didn't know. :P

Shiro
09-15-2014, 09:22 AM
I didn't know. :P
higor please stap

Higor
09-15-2014, 12:19 PM
due to their being another SC in the door already
Lucky you, do you have an idea how difficult to breach a base with two door SC's?

BONZ
09-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Lucky you, do you have an idea how difficult to breach a base with two door SC's?

IMO in a map like Niven it provides the enemy with an advantage, nuke the door and get a serious payout every time. If the team is smart they'll store up a chain of nukes to blitz through to the core. I played on a winning Niven team like this yesterday, even though the SCs werent exactly next to each other if you nuked in the right place you got 3000 RU. When the game finished the SCs were still alive but the team didnt have the time to build anything to make the SCs useful as a defense, they were being nuked that hard. You don't have to be attacking two SCs to make these kind of blitzes possible but they certainly help

|uK|B|aZe//.
09-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Higor this kinda shit has to stop please as a developer you should know its getting ridiculously stupid to be seeing the same type of threads...

I agree it should be removable for everyone

also agree that you should be able to walk into a tele to prevent dying on mines dropping down to the floor on a midair tele etc...

NJ.
01-18-2015, 11:00 AM
ah thats the way they can remove old supplier from players who left the game :-)

Icehammer
01-18-2015, 12:31 PM
ah thats the way they can remove old supplier from players who left the game :-)

Agree!
Others player's supp should be removable too.

|uK|kenneth
01-18-2015, 01:03 PM
also agree that you should be able to walk into a tele to prevent dying on mines dropping down to the floor on a midair tele etc...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Higor
01-18-2015, 05:51 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Not gonna happen

Others player's supp should be removable too.
Version 0016 Supplier becomes removable when the Super Supplier is upgraded to level 5 (only if nearby).
Just awaiting for implementation (/freezes himself to stasis)

Shiro
01-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Not gonna happen
oh yeah , we forgot its your server , sorry m8

Higor
01-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Still not gonna happen.

|uK|kenneth
01-19-2015, 01:13 AM
oh yeah , we forgot its your server , sorry m8

if i was the payer i would just shut the servers down i wouldn't even care anymore "people" aren't listening anyway.
oh btw your a selfish motherfucker higor making siege the way YOU like it.

Moskva
01-19-2015, 02:28 AM
Listen, changes have been done since the very beginning, else siege would still be L2g or XXL or even factory (which I can't speak much of since I wasn't there).

Point is, if you like or dislike something, that's fine, as long as we can discuss it in a proper way and show the pros and cons of things, but ALWAYS, with respect, targeting Higor isn't the solution.

Also, good thing you don't pay then, it's not even about the money, it's about effort, he's put effort into developing siege (not only him, but you get it), an effort for siege to be here for US.

You think shutting down the servers is the answer?, please.

BONZ
01-19-2015, 08:22 AM
Higor for emperor

audiosonic
01-19-2015, 08:42 AM
It's not about respecting somebody's effort lol...

He's withholding information only he can know in the code, that is equal to cheating, just saying.

Higor
01-19-2015, 09:58 AM
https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5653
Mod is no longer obfuscated, and anyone can set it up in their servers.
It also has all the necessary files to be rebuilt.

- Firing pulse thru windows = bug
- Bouncing = bug :(
- Firing rockets and grenades thru tiny gaps = bug (mapper fault)
- Abusing walk mechanics to not fall thru teleporters = not bug?, lol no

|uK|kenneth
01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Point is, if you like or dislike something, that's fine, as long as we can discuss it in a proper way and show the pros and cons of things, but ALWAYS, with respect

Not gonna happen

Still not gonna happen.

^^

Moskva
01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
It's not about respecting somebody's effort lol...

He's withholding information only he can know in the code, that is equal to cheating, just saying.

It was for kenneth's rant, felt it was a stupid way to deal with things.

But yea, whilst it's true the info might be in the code only, are we sure walking through a tele isn't a bug?, and if it is, how is it any different from multigunning or bouncing.

TBF I don't mind if it's on or not, just like with bouncing, but would like to know how different is it from these other bugs.

Greetings professor.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-19-2015, 02:10 PM
it is actually a bug to be able to stand in a teleporter

having said that, being able to do so in siege is actually quite useful for everyone...

audiosonic
01-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Replying to Kenneth's messages ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮╭∩╮

The Cybernator
01-26-2015, 01:08 AM

THIS. I completely agree. Some retarded noob always shows up and builds shitty SPs, only to leave.

Higor
01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
CHIS or SAM
Find the sgSProtector rule in SiegePub.ini and change:

Rule[46]=B=sgSProtector?blahblah
to
Rule[46]=B=sgSProtector?blahblah?properties(bOnlyOwnerRemo ve=0)
That'll make them removable by anyone on the team.

If it already has a properties block, then do this:
?properties(blahblah)
into
?properties(blahblah,bOnlyOwnerRemove=0)

Mooooo
01-29-2015, 07:29 AM
Just to somewhat repeat what Moskva said:

Have a proper discussion about the issue, don't insult the person who actually spent the time to make the anti-leech bind possible. I think that is pretty friggin cool the way it has logic to check for certain criteria. Very cool indeed! Higor, not sure how you put up with some of the b.s. people throw at you, you're a good dev and take bullshit in stride. good job and thanks is all I can say. =D

NJ.
01-29-2015, 08:02 AM
funny, yesterday somebody removed my suplier (1 not pos) and 2. i didnt get ru, weird?
forget his name.

|uK|fleecey
01-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Should take screenshot

Higor
01-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Wait what?
Supplier is only removable on version 0016 under very special conditions...

NJ.
01-30-2015, 04:41 AM
Now i know his name again i believe it was Monster (with some other signs in his name), he played yesterday evening again.

He played further decent therefore i dont make a problem of it.

Higor i see it every now and then. If i notis it again i will post it. (First i must fix my prtscn on my new keyb :)

funny, yesterday somebody removed my suplier (1 not pos) and 2. i didnt get ru, weird?
forget his name.

Chamberly
01-30-2015, 05:09 AM
}IN{Monster?

NJ.
02-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Yes

}IN{Monster?

The Cybernator
04-10-2015, 03:36 AM

Yes, please make the super pros removable. Noobs show up and make a million of them and fuck up the defense.

Chamberly
04-10-2015, 04:40 AM
Well that will cause lots of wreck on the server and ppl complaining about build being removed and requesting ban. If the SP die from the enemy... u can build one. If they remove it awhile u ask them to or even removed and not rebuilding, u can build one. Now let's not make this a SP build race awhile it's siege.

The Cybernator
04-10-2015, 04:46 AM
Well that will cause lots of wreck on the server and ppl complaining about build being removed and requesting ban. If the SP die from the enemy... u can build one. If they remove it awhile u ask them to or even removed and not rebuilding, u can build one. Now let's not make this a SP build race awhile it's siege.

I know I said I was going to bed. Now I'm on my phone. *sigh*

Yeah, I hear you, but on some maps the noobs really fuck it up. Like, they build super pros clustered in some corner somewhere and then they fucking leave. I'm willing to put up with arguing :)

Chamberly
04-10-2015, 05:30 AM
I did remember telling severed about if someone leaving and no name is on the super protector, that super protector could have a RED name (like red in the constructor, like not available) when the player is not in the server so we know who left it there. This can also be useful to reporting apes that just come, build leeches and left.

lol 3k post... :combo:

|uK|kenneth
04-10-2015, 12:18 PM
we should work with vip accounts or something so only vip's can remove stuff that will be more realistic and noobs can't remove it when they get mad.

deluxeorgasm
04-11-2015, 09:19 PM
You better shut up and be nice to higor, he knows what he's doing, also thanks to people like him you play siege