PDA

View Full Version : Are rocket cannons on core too op?

jay2
01-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Are rocket cannons on core too op?

Shiro
01-20-2015, 10:45 PM
in close maps where the cores has 2+ super pro's , they are so useless.

Chamberly
01-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Too op? What do you mean?

jay2
01-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Too op? What do you mean?

Overpowered :)

SAM
01-21-2015, 02:30 AM
Not really considering you have to put a lot of work in to get to the core in the first place?

Chamberly
01-21-2015, 02:33 AM
Not much OP because it can be destroyed awhile it's building to release fire.

However, when upgrading it, I don't see much difference.

Shiro
01-21-2015, 02:37 AM
upgrade rocket canons ? wut? are you okay m8 ?

Chamberly
01-21-2015, 03:19 AM
upgrade rocket canons ? wut? are you okay m8 ?

Yep. Maybe you haven't noticed.

Screenshot 1: Spammed some RC, you can see they are level 0.
http://i57.tinypic.com/2vshvfn.jpg

Screenshot 2: LOOK, I UPGRADED IT TO LEVEL 5. :P
http://i59.tinypic.com/16ad6z4.jpg

BONZ
01-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Limit RC to two per player at a time. As it stands, if you:

1. Have made it to an enemy core that doesnt have SPs around it
2. Have a bunch of spare RU

Then the defending team is fucked. Rocket cannons have their place in siege but when they are spammed at a team that has just run into a spot of bother they end the game, IMO this makes them overpowered.

Banny
01-21-2015, 08:22 AM
No not at all. Do you think it is really easy to sneak in the core everytime?

Please dont make siege more miserable

BONZ
01-21-2015, 08:29 AM
It's tough to sneak in but you can fuck the core worse than double nuking, in a very short space of time, just because you have the RU to do so. That is a bit overpowered IMO.

Chamberly
01-21-2015, 08:40 AM
It's tough to sneak in but you can fuck the core worse than double nuking, in a very short space of time, just because you have the RU to do so. That is a bit overpowered IMO.

True lol. I was thinking about... if you build 1 RC, it will increase by 100 RU to build the 2nd, and so on. We aren't trying to limit something here but balance something? Some of the time, it's just public server so there will be some major rekt and ez win so I don't think there is much to do for the RC. I hardly ever use them (still didn't set up the keybind for them - again which I had them b4) but taking time to manually select them and use it does pay the price for the instance of notice to get killed anytime soon. :P

Higor
01-21-2015, 08:44 AM
And that's why some maps like Mazon need the basic 100 RU protectors.
It's sometimes too easy to end maps where the core room needs extra investment to be properly defended and therefore, they're not played as often.

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-21-2015, 11:10 AM
plis siege is ok at the moment

Moskva
01-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Kinda shocked at the yes votes.

If you make a couple RC's you hardly get the RU back, plus along with sp's and players they're pretty easy to kill, unlike a couple years ago.

jay2
01-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Kinda shocked at the yes votes.

If you make a couple RC's you hardly get the RU back, plus along with sp's and players they're pretty easy to kill, unlike a couple years ago.

At the start of game you have no sp's though.

~~D4RR3N~~
01-21-2015, 03:19 PM
Absolutely not. First off, RC fires quite quick, but not all the rockets go to the exact same spot you aim.
Second of all, they can die as soon as they are loading, which is faster when hs ripper + sps.
Thirdly, the cost is 500 RU, only one will die too soon, so minimun 2 RCs, That'll be 1000 RU, which is somewhat hard to get at least: a) you just (successfully) nuked. b) DM'd and leeched for some time. And even like this you may have lost some RU on items (unless you get to core after someone else nuked and have enough RU to make some damage).

Honestly, Rocket Cannons shouldn't be modified in any way, they are great just as they are now, price, time, damage, tactic use, etc.

Higor
01-21-2015, 03:51 PM
If you spend 500 for RC's RU before your team even has Super Protectors, then you're:
- Playing in a highly coordinated team.
- Walking in their base with impunity.
- Gambling that your team can finish the defenses without your RU.

PD: Hyper leecher instagibs rocket cannons and mortars.
If your base is getting mauled by those, might consider build one of those and hide waiting for the next RC wave.

jANOSIK
01-21-2015, 09:19 PM
BTW Better to do limit mines for one player not for team

Novak
01-21-2015, 09:52 PM
It's not op. They can be easily killed before they even fire on the core. They used to be op about 3 years ago when they were impossible to kill.

SAM
01-22-2015, 02:58 AM
At the start of game you have no sp's though.

So defend your base ??

Chamberly
01-22-2015, 03:07 AM
So defend your base ??

He never played siege PUG games... so I guess he should try some. & it would give him the idea RC won't be OP lol.

audiosonic
01-22-2015, 07:01 AM
He never played siege PUG games...

Have you?

Rocket cannons are fine as they are, 600 ru and you don't get your investment back. Sure it can do a lot of damage, but if they can get away with hitting your basecore (you know, the thing siege is all about) for free, whose fault is it? (Hint: its yours)

Chamberly
01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Have you?

Yes I have. You never seem to be around when I pugged.. I guess. Timezone issue haha.

Kate*Bush
01-22-2015, 02:01 PM
This fucking shit !
It makes no sense to even discuss it !

Stupid if mach = 80 !!!!!!!!!!!!min ! ............. etc

f apes !!!

Shiro
01-22-2015, 03:13 PM
This fucking shit !
It makes no sense to even discuss it !
Stupid if mach = 80 !!!!!!!!!!!!min ! ............. etc

f apes !!!

even this post has more sense than you

Kate*Bush
01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
even this post has more sense than you
Brain-shot !)))

Dancing ape with sniper rifle.gif

Shiro
01-22-2015, 08:55 PM
Brain-shot !)))

lol. no comments.

Banny
01-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Made my day.. ROFL!

Novak
01-26-2015, 06:28 PM
The key idea that audiosonic brings up is that rc's cost several hundred RU (500 actually in this newer siege version) to make. This means you can't make them at the very beginning until you have a 500 RU limit. If the teams are remotely even, the other team will have a 500 RU limit to make a super protector to help defend the base. Even so, mines can be made, depending on the map, and players can learn to defend also. I said this in my last post but it bears repeating: rc's are easy to kill before they even do any core damage if you are monitoring your base.

Pugs are active now it seems. Play in some pugs and you will discover a level of siege you didn't know existed if you are used to pub. None of the pub BS exists in pugs and it is a very different and much more organized game. I recommend playing in some jay2.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
01-26-2015, 07:59 PM
RC is not OP, is much easy and fast kill a RC... The problem is, almost all players dont try to kill in the right way, for HS the RC with Ripper, you should aim a lot above the mesh. For who knows where to aim, a RC dont last more than 4 seconds

That's a risk build... you can recover, or get more RU than used for RC, or loss a lot of RU if the enemy kill then quickly

OP is minishield + super mine lol (only splash damage weapons can kill the SM)

NJ.
01-28-2015, 04:03 AM
R cannons and varaints (bio 150) are overpowerd weapons (no limet)
it give lot more damage to build items in close range and hardly no risk
for the person who place it in second when the other team it dont notis.

It has an repeating effect, it gives more ru back by firing more than 2
(try it on leech and look ru goes up!)

On the other hand it make the game play faster ;-)

(too op "yes", ban it compleet "no")

Moskva
01-28-2015, 05:27 AM
RU goes up with whatever that hits a leech...