PDA

View Full Version : A couple of Siege mod suggestions which I think would be sort of cool

Mooooo
01-28-2015, 11:21 PM
First off, hope this is a good place to put these kinds of suggestions? Or maybe code review?

Ok, so here are 2 things I kind of imagined being in the Siege mod which could be pretty cool:

1. A small number telling you how much RU you made on your nuke (per nuke thing) that pops up near the bottom right corner in green. Kind of like a "+2800RU!" and briefly flashes before fading away maybe with some cool sound. So when you go nuke, it will tell you how much RU you made. I'm not bad at math but I rarely pay attention to how much RU I have before I nuke and this would be kind of a cool reward to see on the screen, especially if there are varying colors for the amount. So maybe green for a lot of RU and yellow, etc. for less amounts?? I don't know I'm just throwing this idea out there.

2. When a nuke gets taken down or destroyed by someone, the message area would show the 2 names in their appropriate team colors. This would make it so you could easily see which team lost a nuke since it's tough to easily know who is on your team at all times especially when they change throughout the match. I know it's possible to have the names show in their respective team colors as I've seen it done in other servers. In this case, though, I am suggesting only to do it for nuke kills, not for all player vs. player interactions.

Maybe these suggestions are terrible, maybe they've been suggested already, I don't know. But yah let me know what you think?

|uK|kenneth
01-29-2015, 07:43 AM
2. When a nuke gets taken down or destroyed by someone, the message area would show the 2 names in their appropriate team colors. This would make it so you could easily see which team lost a nuke since it's tough to easily know who is on your team at all times especially when they change throughout the match. I know it's possible to have the names show in their respective team colors as I've seen it done in other servers. In this case, though, I am suggesting only to do it for nuke kills, not for all player vs. player interactions.

+1

UT-Sniper-SJA94
01-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Extra Ru for covering a nuker would be good.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Man if we got extra ru for covering a nuker I'd be a fucking millionaire in siege. Anyway these are actually good ideas.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-01-2015, 01:13 PM
What would also be good, is removing the noobigun and replacing it with the minigun.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Indeed

~~D4RR3N~~
02-01-2015, 07:43 PM
noobigun and replacing it with the minigun.
+1

jay2
02-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Man if we got extra ru for covering a nuker I'd be a fucking millionaire in siege. Anyway these are actually good ideas.

I agree that these are also great ideas.

Another idea: Make it so when someone drops midspawn it alerts everyone the same as a nuke

*Player name* Dropped Flame Thrower etc.

Also, I thought of a concept called Siege Rush where it's just like this siege but without super prots and mines.

Chamberly
02-02-2015, 04:12 AM
Also, I thought of a concept called Siege Rush where it's just like this siege but without super prots and mines.

Siege Old Skool you mean? :P

Mooooo
02-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Another idea: Make it so when someone drops midspawn it alerts everyone the same as a nuke

*Player name* Dropped Flame Thrower etc.

Hey, that would be pretty cool!

So where exactly can we post these, I mean I'm sure Higor or chis or whomever doesnt want to get inundated with "can we add this?! and this too???" but is there somewhere we can possibly discuss this stuff and see it potentially added to Siege?

SAM
02-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Its for Higor's consideration. I'm sure he will read the thread.

The first one would encourage people to prolong games rather nuke base core...so might be a bit counter productive?

Skarn
02-08-2015, 07:02 AM
how about a weapon or a build, that can make enemies blind for a short amount of time, ya know give them a whitescreen

utbusta
02-08-2015, 08:27 AM
First off, hope this is a good place to put these kinds of suggestions? Or maybe code review?

Ok, so here are 2 things I kind of imagined being in the Siege mod which could be pretty cool:

1. A small number telling you how much RU you made on your nuke (per nuke thing) that pops up near the bottom right corner in green. Kind of like a "+2800RU!" and briefly flashes before fading away maybe with some cool sound. So when you go nuke, it will tell you how much RU you made. I'm not bad at math but I rarely pay attention to how much RU I have before I nuke and this would be kind of a cool reward to see on the screen, especially if there are varying colors for the amount. So maybe green for a lot of RU and yellow, etc. for less amounts?? I don't know I'm just throwing this idea out there.

Maybe these suggestions are terrible, maybe they've been suggested already, I don't know. But yah let me know what you think?

I always look at my RU before I nuke so I usually know what I gained, if anything. As for nuke taken down, anytime I hear that happen I quickly hit ~ view and get back to the game. A quick 3-4 seconds and its over. Just saying

SAM
02-08-2015, 11:57 AM
how about a weapon or a build, that can make enemies blind for a short amount of time, ya know give them a whitescreen

You mean like a stun grenade with the sound too? I've always liked the idea of that! The stun affect would stop protectors too though (within radius, of course)

Chamberly
02-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by NECRIS View Post
You mean like a stun grenade with the sound too? I've always liked the idea of that! The stun affect would stop protectors too though (within radius, of course)

Reminding me of Emp lol. But a flash bomb? I'd hate it.

jay2
02-08-2015, 02:53 PM

I really wish there was a gun to temporarily disable Prots.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-08-2015, 06:29 PM
I really wish there was a gun to temporarily disable Prots.

emp did that until you repaired the super protector it got removed for being too op

and a flash bang/blind? people will always blind me :(

dont add plis