PDA

View Full Version : lagging player

|uK|ScReaM
02-03-2015, 11:25 AM
i have seen a guy lagging like shit on uk public and i do wanna see what you guys think about it , is it ok too lag like he does ping going from 70-1040 all game long , and he hit pretty well , (pixie_elott or something is hes nick , kick them or just let them play ?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Should kick them, they ruin games when they warp like crazy.

Jst2blond
02-03-2015, 12:39 PM
With a spiking ping like That firsly i warn them with reason #sort your ping# then reconnect as spectator if they can t do a shit, and at the very end ,i kick ban them for 1 match...

TimTim
02-03-2015, 04:19 PM
With a spiking ping like That firsly i warn them with reason #sort your ping# then reconnect as spectator if they can t do a shit, and at the vert end ,i kick ban them for 1 match...
+1

|uK|ScReaM
02-03-2015, 04:53 PM
+2

Shiro
02-03-2015, 05:56 PM
when im playing and i got some lag spikes i got kicked , i dunno if that works for everyone ??

TimTim
02-03-2015, 06:56 PM
when im playing and i got some lag spikes i got kicked , i dunno if that works for everyone ??
It does and is most likely due to the server disagreeing with too many shots you've made. There is another algorithm that detects warping/speedhacking and will kick you if detected, but I may need to make it more "sensitive".

~~D4RR3N~~
02-03-2015, 07:22 PM
I share wifi and expecting people to have decent ping all the time is pretty dumb (IMO).

Sometimes it feels as some people thought others warp on purpose (not that this player matter that much, but once misha said Iw as using ''warping cheat'' as it was some legit cheat gg).

I know it is annoying to play vs warping players, I have done so, too, but warping players also see EVERYONE warping, so let's not talk as if this was done on purpose, please.

TimTim
02-04-2015, 08:45 AM
I share wifi and expecting people to have decent ping all the time is pretty dumb (IMO).

Sometimes it feels as some people thought others warp on purpose (not that this player matter that much, but once misha said Iw as using ''warping cheat'' as it was some legit cheat gg).

I know it is annoying to play vs warping players, I have done so, too, but warping players also see EVERYONE warping, so let's not talk as if this was done on purpose, please.
The weapon sync and warp detection algorithms are pretty lenient to allow people like yourself with only the occasional lag to play. You don't lag much at all from what I've seen. The lag that this thread is referring to is the kind that causes a player to warp significantly at least once per second, which is definitely unfair to everyone else in the server.

:)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-04-2015, 09:44 AM
I played against someone on the combo server the other day, and the player was in 10 different places at once, and he didn't get kicked all game. :(

Little off topic, I have gotten stuck in warm up mode a couple of times recently, lasted 10 to 20 seconds each time.

TimTim
02-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I played against someone on the combo server the other day, and the player was in 10 different places at once, and he didn't get kicked all game.
Yeah, I need to make it more sensitive. I believe I designed it to reset every time the player dies. Having the warp count remain regardless of deaths should fix it.