PDA

View Full Version : ridiculous map voting priority

*ZwarTePieT*
02-04-2015, 06:26 AM
hello there, just wanna say that the new map voting priority system is ridiculous. I really dont get it. popular maps like control (puke) are 1.0. maps like w00t-dy and nalitown (just a normal map) are 0,2. that means it has to be voted 5 times just in order to battle with the 1 vote for a map like duku. even gauntletcb2 is 0,5! the normal gauntlets are 0,2!!!! maps like pryxon, mesmerize, powerstruggle, liandridocks are 1.0!!
besides the 'category fail' that i really dont get, i dont understand why this system is used now. if 4 people wanna play for instance w00t-dy, and 1 or 2 doesn`t, why can those 4 people fuck off ? all the maps should weighted the same priority. if the majority wants to play some silly map, it`s the majority who wins. now it isnt even possible to play gauntlet. you just need 1 troll rule out 5 others.
i really, really beg you to set every map priority to 1. do it for the people!

TimTim
02-04-2015, 08:36 AM
It's based on the size of the map. Maps designed for 8 to 12 players are weighted at 1.0. Maps designed for 2-8 players are weighted at 0.5. Duplicate maps (like w00tDY, you'll notice w00tabulousFixed is weighted 0.5), unknown maps, and/or extremely unpopular maps are weighted at 0.25. Mapvote doesn't display the 5 in 0.25.

*ZwarTePieT*
02-04-2015, 09:14 AM
right... so the more unpopular maps, become more unpopular cause with more then 3 people in the server its impossible to vote for a so called unpopular map. so out of 4 people, 3 people want to play for instance nalitown (nice, fun,decent and likeable map for lots of people), but 1 does not. then it couldn't get voted ever.
there are btw 2 dukus listed as 1, as well as control. (like control is designed for more then 8 ppl and gauntlet not? since 1999 we are playing this map 5on5 but ok)
I can understand the duplicate explanation. there for I suggest everything has 1.0 priority, even the 'unpopular' maps. but, all duplicates have 0.5. so we don't get 5 times w00t in a row, except if everybody or most players agree.

Vego
02-04-2015, 09:34 AM
I am all for a more greater variety of maps being voted so popular maps being weighted heavier doesnt really make sense to me...
the only thing I like about this is that there will be less woots.
Maybe the map list should be trimmed instead for the maps that are never voted (a lot of them are never voted because they are simply not suitable for insta and just clutter up the maplist) in order for people to open their eyes to the medium popularity maps.

Chamberly
02-04-2015, 09:36 AM
I'd rather have maps that have not been played much to have more vote priority than the popular one to have less. :P Then it could help out a lot to determine by feedback about the map. But that's just imo...

Less popular map get less priority? That's just so wrong imo!!! I hate playing duku 24/7 lol.

TimTim
02-04-2015, 11:18 AM
There's a reason certain maps are unpopular. It's because they're bad. Too many people keep trying to vote 1on1-Joust and Shelter with 12 players in the server. If the majority want to play that, they obviously still can, but more often than not half the server will leave when one of these maps is picked.

More good 8+ player maps in the 1.0 section would be great, but you'll have to point out which ones. There are quite a few in the "unknown" category right now.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Remove shelter and rebootcg.

ZodiaK
02-04-2015, 12:09 PM
Get rid of 2ManJob as well.

Chamberly
02-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Get rid of 2ManJob as well.

I mentioned this before because I remember the map have some incredibly bad spawn points/player starts. I don't know how it go back on but yes remove this!

~~D4RR3N~~
02-04-2015, 02:23 PM
SJA and ZodiaK +10.
Those are such pointless maps that do nothing but fuck up stats and cookies, making lpayers like evil-clown gain easy cookies, therefore fucking up team balance on other maps.
It's not fun to play when you have evil-clown, wom_are_idi and this other dude i can't remember his name on your team...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-04-2015, 02:33 PM
It's not fun to play when you have evil-clown, wom_are_idi and this other dude i can't remember his name on your team...
I was being nosy last night on utstats, check his stats lol wom_are_idl (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=pinfo&pid=36684) almost 6700 games and he has only has 48 killing sprees and no monster kills.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-04-2015, 02:41 PM
I was being nosy last night on utstats, check his stats lol wom_are_idl almost 6700 games and he has only has 48 killing sprees and no monster kills.
And I can assure you those Ultra Kills and Killing Sprees were on some of the previously mentioned maps.

Moskva
02-04-2015, 04:32 PM
0.2 per vote for Sprinta.

Blasphemy!

TimTim
02-04-2015, 05:12 PM
There are 2 Sprintas. One is on the high priority list and the other is on the low, since at least a handful of players almost always leave when it's picked.

Moskva
02-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Yeah, checked and you were right about that, so that basically makes the duplicates rather useless.

EDIT: Priority values got changed, looks better Timmeh

TimTim
02-05-2015, 09:03 AM
Yeah I changed the weights from 1.0, 0.5, and 0.25, to 3, 2, and 1.