PDA

View Full Version : Booty platform on tele, boosting and flaming

IronMaiden
02-07-2015, 06:09 PM
He put his fucking platform on tele at least 10 times. Flaming and boosting too.

.seVered.][
02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
What if we modify the exit tele spawn to check for a platform built on it, and have it do excessive damage and destroy the platform when a player goes thru it.

IronMaiden
02-07-2015, 07:35 PM
How about an auto kick with warning for building a platform on tele in SAME team? That shit has clearly only one purpose: hurt the own team. Second offense 150 matches ban. 3rd time half a year.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-07-2015, 08:05 PM
I saw him saying you made your tele on a spawn point.

IronMaiden
02-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Bullshit, tele was there entire game. I didn't spawn into tele ONCE.

Chamberly
02-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Demo?

IronMaiden
02-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Screenshot says it all.

|uK|kenneth
02-08-2015, 05:55 AM
funny thing is me and blaze were there and blaze didn't do anything about it :s

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Demo?

Chimp got banned for 50 matches by you for building platforms in tele just recently. Evidence is a screenshot. Why do you ask for an additional demo in this case? My screenshot shows the same thing.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/chimp-making-platforms-tele-5696/

There are more examples.

@Kenneth: what's funny is the double standard and the hypocrisy when enforcing rules. Actually it's not funny, it's weak.

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy)

Just in case.

Higor
02-08-2015, 09:48 AM
Platform appears to be slightly below the tele, are you 100% sure it was preventing you from porting back to it?

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 10:20 AM
I was stuck in the tube and almost lost our station there because I couldn't port back to base. Had to suicide several times. One of his/her 10 platforms prevent porting. Team kept removing this shit but he/she put the platform back again and again and started boosting everybody who tried to remove the platform.

How much more does it need to enforce the rule that had cause bans many times before. just search for platform.

But no answer is also an answer.

As I said: hypocrisy. Some should pull up the psychological causes of same. Like no means in real life and compensation for own weakness.

Novak
02-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Look, I was on the blue team in that game. The tele should have been moved. You may not spawn right into it but like 1 out of 3 times when I spawned I would immediately teleport through to the other side and have to come back. It obviously should have been moved but I didn't say anything because there was extensive commenting on our team about how it should have been moved.

Read what your teammates are typing to you in the future IronMaiden. You should have moved the tele and this thread never would have been started since a respected player, Booty, would not have made platforms on it to avoid going into it when we had an offensive tele up that entire time that most of the team was using.

I don't think moving a tele is a big ask. All it takes is 100 RU since you get 400 back from removing the old tele. Why would your teammates be lying to you about needing to move it? The whole point of siege is teamwork, so Booty's action was in response to your lack of teamwork. Hypocrisy would be to expect teamwork from your team when you are doing your own thing and not listening to them.

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 11:55 AM
Look, I was on the blue team in that game. The tele should have been moved. You may not spawn right into it but like 1 out of 3 times when I spawned I would immediately teleport through to the other side and have to come back. It obviously should have been moved but I didn't say anything because there was extensive commenting on our team about how it should have been moved.

Read what your teammates are typing to you in the future IronMaiden. You should have moved the tele and this thread never would have been started since a respected player, Booty, would not have made platforms on it to avoid going into it when we had an offensive tele up that entire time that most of the team was using.

I don't think moving a tele is a big ask. All it takes is 100 RU since you get 400 back from removing the old tele. Why would your teammates be lying to you about needing to move it? The whole point of siege is teamwork, so Booty's action was in response to your lack of teamwork. Hypocrisy would be to expect teamwork from your team when you are doing your own thing and not listening to them.

So how come I didn't spawned into the tele ONCE in a match that lasted over 1 hour? How come I didn't see you walk into the tele by accident ONCE even tho I spent most of the time on the other side? I actually didn't see you at all. When did you join? Like 10 min before the game was over?

By the way: our team didn't lose the tube to the other team ONCE because of my tele and my defense. As you should know how hard it is to get the opposite team outta there once they got in with a tele. This fucking tube decides who's gonna win in most cases. Same in that match. We won because I defended the tube and we got the other teams tube under control. So much about team play.

Also removing that tele at that point in game would have meant loosing the tube because Kate, Tro, NJ and 2 other player spammed the tele at once. Ask them. Rebuilding the tele would have been enough to lose everything in the tube. See there is even more to it: I wasn't asked to move my tele, Booty flamed and tried to order me. Try to 'order' and flame an admin and see how that goes if you think that's alright and good team play. Double standard, once again.

Higor
02-08-2015, 12:10 PM
My input:
Players that ping over 150 will usually respawn with the move forward key already pressed to not waste time.
Can be a bit hard to evade a teleporter if it's close enough and right in front of the spawnpoint as that was the case.
I suppose bathvember has a duplicate of the same spawnpoint...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/BVSpawn.JPG

TimTim
02-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Pardon my siege noobiness/ignorance, but it would seem the solution to this problem is to add some code to the mod that prevents teles and platforms from being built in close proximity. Is there a reason this isn't implemented?

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the screenshot Higor, but you don't spawn into the direction of my tele or as indicated with your arrow. You would have to turn around into it. I would have walked into my own tele all the time if that would have been the case. Why should I place my own tele in the way? My tele was directly on the back of that box and it was extremely easy to just walk by.

If so many players would have walked into it by accident I would have seen it and moved it right in the beginning. And everybody who knows me, also knows that I'm not building anything to disturb the team play, hence why you can stick your "team play comment" where it belongs, Novak.

--- Updated ---

Pardon my siege noobiness/ignorance, but it would seem the solution to this problem is to add some code to the mod that prevents teles and platforms from being built in close proximity. Is there a reason this isn't implemented?

Don't get buildings already auto removed if they are placed on spawn points?

Chamberly
02-08-2015, 01:07 PM

It's already been planned for next siege release.

Novak
02-08-2015, 01:21 PM
So how come I didn't spawned into the tele ONCE in a match that lasted over 1 hour? How come I didn't see you walk into the tele by accident ONCE even tho I spent most of the time on the other side? I actually didn't see you at all. When did you join? Like 10 min before the game was over?

By the way: our team didn't lose the tube to the other team ONCE because of my tele and my defense. As you should know how hard it is to get the opposite team outta there once they got in with a tele. This fucking tube decides who's gonna win in most cases. Same in that match. We won because I defended the tube and we got the other teams tube under control. So much about team play.

Also removing that tele at that point in game would have meant loosing the tube because Kate, Tro, NJ and 2 other player spammed the tele at once. Ask them. Rebuilding the tele would have been enough to lose everything in the tube. See there is even more to it: I wasn't asked to move my tele, Booty flamed and tried to order me. Try to 'order' and flame an admin and see how that goes if you think that's alright and good team play. Double standard, once again.

I joined maybe 10-15 minutes into OT with the score 100-98 and played a role in the outcome. Killed several enemy teles, nuked enemy core multiple times and made the tele above enemy core that our team used to end the game. I also held off many enemy attacks on the tube you were defending and used your tele a lot. I don't know what else to say other than I saw you a lot and communicated with our team like normal.

I see your points in this and understand why you held the tele. Rebuilding the tele takes 10 seconds and could have been done easily, especially if someone held the tube while you did it. You could have asked me and I would have done it. It wasn't a big enough deal to me to warrant a lot of attention since we had a good push going and ultimately finished the game.

Coders focusing on eliminating platforms on teles & portals is a good idea, but the root issue in this scenario is creating or increasing the no-build radius between a spawn point and where a teleporter can be built. When you are moving in any random direction during a battle and die, you are at risk for respawning and inadvertently moving into a tele that is nearby.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-08-2015, 06:35 PM
@Kenneth: what's funny is the double standard and the hypocrisy when enforcing rules. Actually it's not funny, it's weak.

nobody notified me of the platform on tele, im not psychic nor will I go around asking you "is there a problem do you have anything to report? every few mins"

all I will say is I was playing in that game and I also made a sarcastic comment directed to you for camping in the same spot for at least 40 mins maybe more - yes I'm aware you were defending your builds but you didnt have to do that while overlooking midspawns

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
nobody notified me of the platform on tele, im not psychic nor will I go around asking you "is there a problem do you have anything to report? every few mins"

all I will say is I was playing in that game and I also made a sarcastic comment directed to you for camping in the same spot for at least 40 mins maybe more - yes I'm aware you were defending your builds but you didnt have to do that while overlooking midspawns

I wrote several times "Blaze.. Booty is building platforms on tele". Look for it in the logs.

deluxeorgasm
02-08-2015, 06:51 PM
i don't think this must be bannable cause you can replace tele it's not like the visible teleporter you can't move it, anyways I think booty knows what he was doing

IronMaiden
02-08-2015, 08:08 PM
i don't think this must be bannable cause you can replace tele it's not like the visible teleporter you can't move it, anyways I think booty knows what he was doing

Ok. Next time around I'll put platforms in your tele. You can move your tele after all.

Booty
02-12-2015, 09:50 AM
I would like to say something on this matter. Because I was always teleporting into tube after respawn - might be because I was too busy and holding "W" to rush to supplier. But I wasnt walking into tele I was falling in it. Your tele was a pain in ass and:

1. I asked you politely to remove it - TWICE - and you said no. Someone can check logs I dont take screens or demo, because I never bitch and minimod. But I make exceptions when a topic is about me.
2. At first I have built the platform above your tele so you could easily walk in it - no blocking at all - especially when you have the midget suit, like you did and lost it.
3. When you removed my platform which wasn't in the way of your tele - which is in fact also a violation of rules, since you didnt bother to ask me - i started to fucking it up for you (flaming - calling you an idiot, which I still think you are and boosting for 15 seconds maybe) - and that is where your screen shot is from - out of context. You are known for making useless builts and removing other people's builts when they dont suit you.

I know what I did was wrong and I am sorry for that - not to you cos you cant talk reason but to people who made the rules - it will not happen again.

IronMaiden
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
I would like to say something on this matter. Because I was always teleporting into tube after respawn - might be because I was too busy and holding "W" to rush to supplier. But I wasnt walking into tele I was falling in it. Your tele was a pain in ass and:

1. I asked you politely to remove it - TWICE - and you said no. Someone can check logs I dont take screens or demo, because I never bitch and minimod. But I make exceptions when a topic is about me.
2. At first I have built the platform above your tele so you could easily walk in it - no blocking at all - especially when you have the midget suit, like you did and lost it.
3. When you removed my platform which wasn't in the way of your tele - which is in fact also a violation of rules, since you didnt bother to ask me - i started to fucking it up for you (flaming - calling you an idiot, which I still think you are and boosting for 15 seconds maybe) - and that is where your screen shot is from - out of context. You are known for making useless builts and removing other people's builts when they dont suit you.

I know what I did was wrong and I am sorry for that - not to you cos you cant talk reason but to people who made the rules - it will not happen again.

In short: "I admit that I lie and fuck it up for others on purpose and then I try to justify it with more lies which are completely out of context."

So you think putting a platform on a tele is justified because ONE gamer out of a whole team "could" walk underneath when having the shrinker suit on? What about the rest of the team who can't? You fell into the tele? Did you see Higors screenshot? That spwan point is not close enough to be able to fall into it. Any more lies? Are you really that retarded?

I don't mind a heated discussion and different opinions about a topic at all. For example I really appreciate Higors input because he knows the engine with all the mods in and out. You on the other side - and that's my opinion based on the rubbish you just wrote - clearly disqualify for any further communication with me. Not going to waste my time with that wishi-washi nonsense.

Chamberly
02-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Someone can check logs I dont take screens or demo

I'm guessing there aren't no more logging going on at the server because no one really came by and post anything from server log. So everything have to be done in a demo, or discussion like this happen in a wildly manner. Reason why I asked for proof because I really could need a look on that tele (to see if anyone come through) and compare player activity about it.
I strongly recommend anyone to start recording when such cases happen.
But anyway, thanks for reporting in Booty. You got point.

Stormy
02-12-2015, 03:48 PM
In short: "I admit that I lie and fuck it up for others on purpose and then I try to justify it with more lies which are completely out of context."

So you think putting a platform on a tele is justified because ONE gamer out of a whole team "could" walk underneath when having the shrinker suit on? What about the rest of the team who can't? You fell into the tele? Did you see Higors screenshot? That spwan point is not close enough to be able to fall into it. Any more lies? Are you really that retarded?

I don't mind a heated discussion and different opinions about a topic at all. For example I really appreciate Higors input because he knows the engine with all the mods in and out. You on the other side - and that's my opinion based on the rubbish you just wrote - clearly disqualify for any further communication with me. Not going to waste my time with that wishi-washi nonsense.

And what about you?

Team switching and idling yesterday, again..

IronMaiden
02-12-2015, 04:36 PM
And what about you?

Team switching and idling yesterday, again..

Wrong. Show me proof. Waste of a shit talker. Also on my ignore list.

Stormy
02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Wrong. Show me proof. Waste of a shit talker. Also on my ignore list.

First in Niven you do this:

And after the 4way bathrooms map your team losing and you dont reconnect to playing or spec, maybe some other players want to join the game but you dont care (after Camilo reconnect you as spec)

IronMaiden
02-12-2015, 05:45 PM
First in Niven you do this:

And after the 4way bathrooms map your team losing and you dont reconnect to playing or spec, maybe some other players want to join the game but you dont care (after Camilo reconnect you as spec)

As I said before: shit talker. The whole story is:

1.) I plaid.

2.) Had a delivery coming in here at home and went !s instead of idling in game and hurting my team.

3.) Came back with !p but ended up in other team, which would have been a team switch.

4.) Went !s again and waited for somebody else to join so that I can go back to my original team.

5.) Somebody joined and teams had been 6 vs 6.

6.) I tried again but was also and again placed on opposite team.

7.) Tried !t but didn't change anything.

8.) Waited even longer until next person comes in and finally was able to get back into my own team.

Conclusion: I did not switch teams, I actually did exactly what the rules say. Come on show the entire log so we all can see that I went back to my original team!

Once a liar, always a liar. Fuck off.

Chamberly
02-13-2015, 12:23 AM
Stormy, please feel free to post in a new thread with full evidence.

I don't even know what's the heck is wrong with Iron, all rage post and such. zzz.

IronMaiden
02-13-2015, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up with some photoshoped crap tomorrow morning. People who lie and try to twist things like that are good for it.

PS: next time the sup is surrounded with several teles so you can barely walk by without getting into one I'll save up 6k RU and I'll be busy putting platforms into each tele. After all that's allowed according to this thread. And since the rules are scattered all over the forum, this is no different.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Actually it is possible to fall into that tele if like booty says he was holding down one or two keys on his keyboard as you often then jump immediately after spawning meaning whatever direction the spawn viewpoint is he will go towards that. Hope that clears things up.

IronMaiden
02-22-2015, 02:09 PM
As I said before: I didn't run into my own tele once and I didn't see anybody running into it by accident either even tho I was around it all the time. In my book she was bitching about something without having a good reason. Higor and my screenshot clearly show that the spawn point und tele are not close enough to be a real issue.

How many times do we see teles in Niven placed where you really run into them all the time and how many times does somebody put a platform in it to fuck things up? Exactly. Never. If we all acted like Booty in the same manner we would be busy removing platforms out of teles. Her counter measurements were inappropriate and disturbed the good game play a lot more than my tele. Period.

Novak
02-23-2015, 06:17 PM
I said this earlier in the thread but it bears repeating: I was falling in the tele very frequently when I respawned. You say you monitored the tele but you didn't even know I was on your team for the last half hour of that match. Higor's theory from earlier in the thread supports what Blaze just said.

You weren't responding to Booty's comments to move the tele during the game. Personally, I don't know what else he could have done besides build a platform to get your attention on it. Was it right? I don't know. But you are still arguing as if people weren't falling into your tele and I can assure you people were.

I guess the logs aren't really as reliable as they used to be but the comments from our team to move the tele are all there if they are still available. I don't hold it against anyone, I just look at it as a learning experience on both sides.

IronMaiden
02-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Explain to me how it's possible that I didn't "fall" or run into my tele ONCE? I respawned from the same spawn point like everyone else. And what about my example in Niven? According to your logic I'll ask every tele being to close to a sup or passage to be moved. If they don't respond or say "no" I will add platforms. That's what I have leaned in this thread. Lets see how that improves the game play.

Booty
02-24-2015, 02:27 AM
Would be nice if someone posted those in game chat logs, so he can see that I initially asked politely and then built a platform above his tele and not in it. I also don't understand why is this worth arguing when at least two of your teammates are telling you they were falling into that tele after spawn? Where is the teamplay? If you dont like teamplay why the bitching then?

One question, how come he could remove my platform and I couldn't remove his tele?

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-24-2015, 01:05 PM
Explain to me how it's possible that I didn't "fall" or run into my tele ONCE? I respawned from the same spawn point like everyone else. And what about my example in Niven? According to your logic I'll ask every tele being to close to a sup or passage to be moved. If they don't respond or say "no" I will add platforms. That's what I have leaned in this thread. Lets see how that improves the game play.

i'll explain....

its because you're slow as fuck to move after respawn thats why.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-24-2015, 02:10 PM
ONCE

Higor
02-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Grabbed the Bathvember map and the spawnpoint is a little different... but still aims directly at where the tele was.
It's easy to dodge if you ping less than 100, otherwise if you spawn with MoveForward bind pressed you'll hit it before you actually realize.

Booty
02-25-2015, 02:19 AM
^^ Finally - now he will hopefully understand.