PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to make mines easier to see?

jay2
02-08-2015, 02:50 PM
http://puu.sh/fEsJz/d3065dd6a9.jpg

I find it quite difficult to see them on bright maps. Is there a way to fix this or does anyone else have this problem?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Bump this for me, I'll post some stuff when I get back.

Chamberly
02-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Stop trying to cheat jay. lol I see the same thing. I just change my brightness setting to higher, not much of a difference but yeah. Or using my keybind to toggle brightness between bright maps and non bright ones.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-08-2015, 04:21 PM
I have tried several basic settings changes, I'm just going to quickly make a slideshow on a webpage so you can compare them easier.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-08-2015, 05:21 PM
@jay2 (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=4507)
It might be a bit slow loading images the first time you go through them(just basic javascript nothing fancy), there is 5 different ones to compare with, the setting should carry through to open gl and other drivers.
Siege - Mine thing (http://sja94.net76.net/ut/siege/siegthing/siegething.html)

The pictures are not perfect, I should of taken a bit more time doing them, but you can see the difference the settings make.

They're probably about 10% more visible at best on some settings.

Higor
02-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Gonna make them brighter for your own team (0017)
With lots of crash assertion if brightness doesn't go as expected.

utbusta
02-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Mines aren't meant to be easily seen, well maybe in UT I suppose.

jay2
02-08-2015, 06:13 PM
Stop trying to cheat jay. lol I see the same thing. I just change my brightness setting to higher, not much of a difference but yeah. Or using my keybind to toggle brightness between bright maps and non bright ones.

I don't think mines were intended to be so hard to see :p

@jay2 (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=4507)
It might be a bit slow loading images the first time you go through them(just basic javascript nothing fancy), there is 5 different ones to compare with, the setting should carry through to open gl and other drivers.
Siege - Mine thing (http://sja94.net76.net/ut/siege/siegthing/siegething.html)

The pictures are not perfect, I should of taken a bit more time doing them, but you can see the difference the settings make.

They're probably about 10% more visible at best on some settings.

Nofiltering=true & OneXBlending=true

^^ These settings seem to be very nice.

Can you spot the mine?

http://puu.sh/fF25r/f48886be3a.png

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-08-2015, 06:17 PM
??? no i dont see it but my guess is the maps niven which isnt so hard to see as the map is quite dark in most areas

anyway mines were meant to be hard to see but reducing brightness does improve visibility of them

I could mess around with some settings and it should be easier to see, i'll try

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Can you spot the mine?
nope lol

|uK|chiseller
02-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Ask Adrian :troll:

Banny
02-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Ask Adrian

Knew it was coming ahahahah thx

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Ask Adrian :troll:
Why me? lol

Knew it was coming ahahahah thx
You are a fan of my nuke skills :D

Higor
02-09-2015, 11:00 AM
In my opinion, mines should be invisible at long ranges, and glow stronger as the player approaches it.

PD:
Never seen nukers carry rocket launcher as their weapon on their way?
I tell you why, the RL can scan mines.

SAM
02-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Mines are fine the way they are! Shall we make invisibility easier to see too?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Invisibility is easy to see already, especially noobs who use a shield belt at the same time, they just waste 800ru.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-09-2015, 01:53 PM
In my opinion, mines should be invisible at long ranges, and glow stronger as the player approaches it.

This way Trans would be suicidal

Invisibility is easy to see already, especially noobs who use a shield belt at the same time, they just waste 800ru.

Yes, invisibility is a risk item, if you see an invis player, is really easy kill him, almost same difficult for kill without any item.
The trick is dont let enemy team suspect you are going invis, and this is not easy, if were easy, many players would use invis for attack, but everyone knows is rare anyone attack with invisibility

jay2
02-09-2015, 02:38 PM

Invisibility is easy to see, but mines aren't. The main gripe with mines is that in certain lighting conditions, they are almost invisible.

jay2
02-09-2015, 02:50 PM
An example of how a map's lighting affects mine visibility:

This first picture is on Kanjar and we can see the mine quite easily.
http://puu.sh/fHgUR/c6e4b85c00.jpg

This second picture is shot in the grass on clarion and it is quite difficult to see.
http://puu.sh/fHgWL/17c8da350f.jpg

Mine visibility is affected by map lighting.

In darker maps they are easier to see, while in lighter maps they are harder to see.

The problem is dying to a mine that is almost invisible.

Banny
02-10-2015, 09:37 AM
AdRiaN;86044]Why me? lol

did u forgot about your ban on ipug using brightness tweak ^_^?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-10-2015, 11:22 AM
did u forgot about your ban on ipug using brightness tweak ^_^?
is funny you crying about that. Then, with a tweak, i set MINES for 100% visibility and bright? kkkkkk
this is a lame excuse for your inferiority. How many times i posted SS's here? did you saw any bright tweak? Players, mines, powerups, shining? or any other illegal tweak (i use death messages changes)

or you think i play with everything tweaked, and i watch the demo without tweak just for get the ss (in end of matches lol)
kkkkkkk

if you can not be better than enemy, cry will not help you, why dont train to maybe, one day, achieve half my level?
(it's not about train, but start use your head for play siege)

Higor
02-10-2015, 12:06 PM
FYI trying the standard tweaking methods on mine's brightness will crash the game :)

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
02-10-2015, 12:18 PM
FYI trying the standard tweaking methods on mine's brightness will crash the game :)
add an anti player bright too... for banny stop crying lol

(btw, trying STANDARD tweaking will crash the game, then there is another way, and you know that way! CHEATER!!! just kiding :))

Banny
02-10-2015, 01:37 PM
AdRiaN;86093]is funny you crying about that. Then, with a tweak, i set MINES for 100% visibility and bright? kkkkkk
this is a lame excuse for your inferiority. How many times i posted SS's here? did you saw any bright tweak? Players, mines, powerups, shining? or any other illegal tweak (i use death messages changes)

or you think i play with everything tweaked, and i watch the demo without tweak just for get the ss (in end of matches lol)
kkkkkkk

if you can not be better than enemy, cry will not help you, why dont train to maybe, one day, achieve half my level?
(it's not about train, but start use your head for play siege)

why you giving explanations here lol i dont even care . I saw the logs , truth doesn't change

Chamberly
02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Is this thread really necessary to complain about other cheating in the past? I don't think so. There are other spot available for that tho.

I think something is weird with the mines tho.

HIGH+CAMILO
02-11-2015, 06:25 AM
WOW WOW WOW since when its easy to see an invisible player??

HUAHAUHAUHAUHAUAHAUHAUHA

BEST INVISIBLE NUKER SON!!

|uK|fleecey
02-11-2015, 09:21 AM

^

|uK|kenneth
02-11-2015, 01:35 PM
if only the cost of invis was 250 ru then everyone would be nuking with invis its just to expensive and not easy to see lel.

jay2
02-11-2015, 02:07 PM
if only the cost of invis was 250 ru then everyone would be nuking with invis its just to expensive and not easy to see lel.

I see invis EXTREMELY easy. Maybe it's opengl?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-11-2015, 09:16 PM
see invis EXTREMELY easy. Maybe it's opengl?

I'm using direct3d9 and It's easy to see, people also forget that the speed power-up makes them easier to get spotted because you can hear them, all you have to do then is a quick 360 to find them, same with jump boots.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-13-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm using direct3d9 and It's easy to see, people also forget that the speed power-up makes them easier to get spotted because you can hear them, all you have to do then is a quick 360 to find them, same with jump boots.
People often forget that players constantly make sound, in fact, sometimes if someone cant see you but is near you can hold walk or shift and you make less sound. ;)

Higor
02-13-2015, 09:21 PM
ScubaGear strat lol.
No sound when speeding.

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2015, 06:14 AM
Or you just do what i do and just kill the fucker before he gets anywhere near your base :)