Its about time I finished a map [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Its about time I finished a map

sumbich
02-11-2015, 06:02 PM
:smile: I literally started working on this as a DM map back in 2002, but some funky warp zones that no longer exist in the design prevented online play from happening. got into ig ctf since then, so I got around to fixing it up and making it playable.

the only problem I was unable to correct was a matter of collision height on the blue side lift, it seems like there is some invisible artifact in there that I cant find or something. It was a real bitch when I tried making the doubled up version of this map (which will be finished soon) because there kept being this block of invisible crap I could not get rid of. (as in I literally found no structures or reasons why this invisible wall was there.) I got around that by duplicating it in the opposite direction, but that still wound up duplicating that weird collision for the lift.

It does not affect gameplay at all, but if someone wanted to take a look at it and attempt to fix it, be my guest, I looked and looked....and hell it took me recreating the lifts a hundred times to begin with just to get the hang of how to actually apply positions properly :lol:

enjoy....I should have the doubled version done in the next few days or so, depending if I have some other issue, I was trying to fix red blue icons in the level and blew it up with a weird BSP cut, so I had to go back to an earlier rev and redo those without setting off the bsp bomb, those dont entirely make sense to me, I just make sure I save often and keep a couple different versions while in development so when I screw up I can decide how far I need to go back :lol:

Higor
02-11-2015, 07:32 PM
OH HO
THE HIGOR IS HERE TO THE RESCUE!

--- Updated ---

UNR file corrupted?

Chamberly
02-12-2015, 01:33 AM
Can't open map, crashed in unreal editor.

http://i.gyazo.com/169f88b00379821dbaab9f5759a7909b.png

sumbich
02-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Gotta be because I rar'd it from a thumb drive, sorry about that! I rar'd this from the hdd and tested opening/extracting ok.

If you feel like getting creative go ahead, the last bunch of stuff I did I couldnt even get to meshes to apply to a surface in my editor for some reason, so the couple surfaces with the default meshes are for that reason. (I downloaded the GOTY edition from here after I lost my disc, but when I click view mesh browser, I will not find any meshes and if you click the button that look like folder structure, it crashes the editor. So I stopped bothering messing with meshes.) Weapon layout is kinda off the cuff, I generally dont play NW anyway so if you guys want to change some weapon placement go ahead.

Mucho thanks for taking a look, would love to play online with folks on this one. I've had this map far too long, lan play is great.

Higor
02-12-2015, 11:23 AM
Still corrupted.

sumbich
02-12-2015, 11:28 AM
son of a...

I suppose it is within the realm of possibility my winrar is corrupted - here's a zip, if that doesnt work then I'll go DL the latest winrar and reinstall.

Chamberly
02-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Still crash. Do you have any other version of the map from testing/building?

sumbich
02-12-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm a bit more inclined to point the finger at winrar since I have been able to play this map with no issues on a few installations - here try just the map without it being zipped up and see if it works.

I apologize for this dumb crap :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/139em0

Chamberly
02-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Funny, it still crash when I try to open the map. Same error.

sumbich
02-12-2015, 01:52 PM
awesome, just my luck. is it playable? if its playable I dont really care, the little crap that "needed" "fixing" is not all that important.

Chamberly
02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
No, it still crash.

Higor
02-12-2015, 08:08 PM
Open in Unreal Editor.
Export to T3D.
Upload T3D file, and tell me which other dependancies (packages) the map is supposed to load.

T3D is a pure text format where you need to preload resources before importing, it's the best way to handle these cases.
Unfortunately T3D files don't contain any embedded textures/code, but it's still the best way of rebuilding a map when there's unrecoverable errors.

sumbich
02-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I had a thought - this map was originally done on a 436 install, but when I installed goty on the other machine where I did the rest of this editing, I am not quite so certain that is 436....its probably whatever rev that zip comes by default. I'll double check that and upgrade to 436 and rebuild the map if that is the case, if it is 436 then I'll try that t3d export.

Thanks for the help guys, sorry this one's a bugger!

Jst2blond
02-13-2015, 09:56 AM
sumbich
The two syllable version of "son of a bitch". Most often used by backwater rednecks who would actually spell it "sumbich".
Normal Human: "Tell that son of a bitch to get out of here immediately."

Redneck: "Tell at sumbich ta get ome for sumpin bad appen to im."
by Johnnyonthemfspot August 01, 2011

sumbich
02-13-2015, 10:01 AM
:happyj: what's up blondie! I was looking forward to playing you guys on this, I hope its a recoverable issue. Its simple enough, I guess I could redo it if I had to...

Chamberly
02-13-2015, 11:55 AM
I'm using v436. Never touched a v451.

sumbich
02-13-2015, 02:34 PM
I'll double check what it is but I dont even think its 436, that's probably the issue. I double checked and its crashing my 436 install. Will recompile with 436 and test again before uploading :)

sumbich
02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Oddly enough that file I was giving you guys WAS corrupted and performed similarly on my laptop here as well as attempting gameplay where my editing machine is. I went and recompiled them and both single and double played ok. I'll see if I can get at the files today, if not I will post them up shortly. :smile:

medor
02-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Funny, it still crash when I try to open the map. Same error.

+1

sumbich
02-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Tested again, this time both maps. Hopefully this time I wont be wasting people's time :)

Double one needs a little color work and I think correct the teleporters and give them their own destinations, I dont recall if I corrected that or not.

Jst2blond
02-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Tested again, this time both maps. Hopefully this time I wont be wasting people's time :)

Double one needs a little color work and I think correct the teleporters and give them their own destinations, I dont recall if I corrected that or not.
I can t test it for the moment, i will be away for some days soon (winter holydays ) so, as sumbich told me, his map is playable at combo server, maybe we can give it a tryout if you "smell" it good enough ;)

sumbich
02-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Hopefully "does it work with combogib" means that if I tested it with combogib on my laptop against a bunch of bots then it should be good :) :cool:

I think I accidentally saved and didnt recompile a significant enough amount of things before, because on this machine here I tried opening from that zip and it blew right up , wouldnt even let me select do a practice level, ut crash. (it crashed the mapmaking machine's game engine also.) but after I opened it up and recompiled it, it was good.

I think the double version, after a qc check on those teleporters and then perhaps some appropriate coloring, should be good to go also. I made efforts to make it not choppy in how I brought both sides of the map together, at first there wound up being some open spots and it was get to da choppa chop choppey so I undid those things...I must have recreated the double from the original about twenty five times before I got it right, hahahaha. the way I was adding coloring was with blocks or something and I wound up with BSP errors, so I took pretty much all the color block thingies out of it.

thanks again for the help guys :)

sumbich
02-24-2015, 10:29 AM
http://armourupdallas.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/richard-dawson-survey-says.jpg

:)

sumbich
02-24-2015, 11:58 AM
its a bout time I uploaded screenshots idk

from the first map:
http://i.imgur.com/CfIYyWV.png

http://i.imgur.com/zvbtGZD.png

http://i.imgur.com/2YUrtlr.png

second
http://i.imgur.com/UoxTsOA.png

http://i.imgur.com/rEOvsTI.png

sumbich
03-01-2015, 12:23 PM
anything? idk did anyone even open it?

Chamberly
03-01-2015, 01:58 PM
I thought u was suppose to send a link to a fixed useable map? Because all the other ones I tried I can't.

sumbich
03-01-2015, 02:09 PM
I thought u was suppose to send a link to a fixed useable map? Because all the other ones I tried I can't.

post #20 should contain good maps, I heard nothing from anyone after that post except blondie saying I cant get to this right now :)

Chamberly
03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Ok, somehow I missed it or I don't remember checking it out. Will check it out.

Edit: I see both open. But no screenshot :P lol
-Visible Teleporter on top doesn't have a link to another teleporter go get down from top. If that's intended, you can just set up the portal and not make it visible on top.
-Blue side teleporter doesn't work from below.
-Movers, and the hall/walls doesn't have textures.
-Vials on top are off from ground, not sure if that's intended or not.
-Invisibility in mid air?
-Light lamp off the wall, not touching anything from elevator side.
-Invisible wall (CHI?) by the elevator, just stand to the far right or left and u can stand on it awhile going down. :P

Only took a quick look on the ][ version I think.

TimTim
03-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Are you using software rendering? Those screenshots hurt my eyes!

~~D4RR3N~~
03-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Are you using software rendering? Those screenshots hurt my eyes!
Most likely he is, his UT looks exactly like UED D:

sumbich
03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
hahaha....yeah, I am using a sorry old piece of garbage for a laptop to play UT on. OS is so old its not even funny....but I think I may have at least found an ethernet cord long enough to reach here, maybe that will cut down on some disconnects. it is getting rather frustrating to play on since it seems lately I have to hit people thrice to get a frag. then again, that seems to be largely dependent on the internet itself, because at times when overall net usage is low, then hits happen more or less as they should.

the #1 single map should be pretty much good to go and playable, doesnt need any functional modification to play.

wrt errors in ][, yes, I didnt get around to correcting those last couple things. I think I vaguely recall how to correct the teleporter issue, but its literally been 2, 3 years since I last touched the stuff before this latest bout of editing.

the textures....I installed that GOTY download on the computer where I hang out, and for some ungodly reason, I cannot get the mesh browser to display any textures. it will only display dumb useless crap like...weapons or other garbage that are decidedly not texture meshes I'd be applying to a wall. maybe missing some file or something? if I try to hit the folder button in the mesh browser, the editor crashes. was not able to get past that, so I just left the darn things.

invisibility.... I thought that was removed from there years ago, lol...that is one thing I didnt intend on being there or didnt already know about.

invisible wall...I dont know what CHI is...I havent come across it, I guess I can look for that but....what's that, some box not lining up or something?

wrt things not being spaced entirely right....some certain things got moved and I only "fixed" a certain % of those things that were "wrong"... so I guess if one has a penchant for aesthetics, a light not exactly affixed to a wall might be things to go after :)

if any of you guys want to correct any of these things that would be great, feel free to modify as you see fit - I usually play combogib so weapon placement may not be the best. I'm not exactly a mapmaker but I had a good idea back in 2002 and I finally hacked enough of it together to make it just about playable :happyj:

Chamberly
03-02-2015, 02:41 PM
I'll be glad to fix/correct a couple of things for you. ;)

The CHI, I messed up, it's ICH (Invisible collision hull, my bad) like there is something blocking the player but nothing is there to see how it's blocking the player, unless we look in unreal ed maybe.

Okie dokie! :)

sumbich
03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
That sounds like the behavior I was experiencing, in one of the lifts. Blue side on the single (try dropping in from above, but it still doesnt prevent you from exiting the bottom of the lift) and at opposite far ends of the map, in the double. I had originally tried just "cutting out the problem" by getting rid of elevator and a brush or two at the blue and and having that be the middle when I copied and pasted the whole thing to double it all up (then the opposing ends would have had a good weird-collision-free lift.) But there is no brush or anything in the editor that would indicate there is anything at all to collide with, it didnt show up in the editor or anything and was just same weird artifact of...maybe whatever the hell I did in the past. so what happened when I tried before to make the blue end the junction between the two sides, I'd have those invisible walls blocking my paths to the other side, but only on the bottom path, middle and upper had no invisible collisions.

so I wound up saying screwit, made the properly done side the joining side, and left the side with the stupid invisible collision to be the lift at the far opposing ends of the double map.

if you can find that invisible crap that doesnt even exist in the editor, I humbly bow to your skills :obey: beats me! :smile:

Chamberly
03-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Ok I looked at the other map (without the ][) there is no ICH by elevator (nvm found one). Some items are still misplaced, and there is team decals on the wall that can show HOMs and that can be changed.

I'll work on both. :)
Erm... there is a lot of things misaligned. O.O let's see how this goes.
& too many apple nodes.

sumbich
03-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Ok I looked at the other map (without the ][) there is no ICH by elevator (nvm found one). Some items are still misplaced, and there is team decals on the wall that can show HOMs and that can be changed.

I'll work on both. :)
Erm... there is a lot of things misaligned. O.O let's see how this goes.
& too many apple nodes.

awesome, much appreciated!

I wasnt quite sure how to do team decals properly and only found out about the bsp issues after having done some placement on them and....ffff....

for the most part I tried to align vertices...but like I said, the initial carve out was done like 13, 14 years ago and was my absolute first try at mapping :)

apples were built by the build path node button, it just did what it did.

mucho thanks for working on it, cant wait for it to be up to play on!

Chamberly
03-02-2015, 06:01 PM
I lol'd when I found a redeemer hidden in a wall. Was that on purpose?

This gonna take a whole night or so.

Nice job on the lighting, I'll just make it not so bright and softer on the eye, will keep the nice colours you set.

Really gonna have to redo bot pathing, too many tbh. Right now I'll just delete it so it'll make the map look clean and easy to focus on other things, and once I get it done, either I'll post the one without bot pathing or do one with bot pathing, or wait for Higor to do it if he is interested. He is a pro bot pathing/making guy. :D

Ok so I only worked on the single side map, I'll wait until I finish this one and then the double. Not finished yet. But with the health pack laying around, belt, armours, etc. seem to be intended for NW gameplay. Lol but it seem to be playable.

Here is my screenshot so it doesn't hurt timtim's eye. (My laptop being weird with it's bright crazy graphic....)
Right now for the single/small play arena (not the doubled one)
http://i60.tinypic.com/1yk761.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/5k3lhe.jpg

So far my favorite discovery: Finding out what size the brush are. :>

sumbich
03-05-2015, 03:10 PM
So far my favorite discovery: Finding out what size the brush are. :>

at least I wasnt ultra-noob, its base 8 ;)

sumbich
03-14-2015, 10:58 AM
http://syracusejiujitsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Deep-bow-297x300.jpg

Chamberly
03-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Sorry for the delays lol. I was working on it and got a lot of thing cleared for 1 map but there is still something invisible in the way so I'm thinking of having to remake something. x.x

sumbich
03-15-2015, 11:48 AM
np man, I just appreciate you guys working on it and making it proper. I can see playing the old one I made that the performance does get a bit choppy here and there, esp with a lot of bots, but I mainly chalked that up to not having things lined up well enough .

with all the work it seems to have taken for this, I probably should have just recreated the darn thing from scratch and done it right instead of having you waste your time trying to correct novice blunders from 10+ years ago:hide: I mean really, even all the screwing around I did with it, I could have recreated twice over *facepalm* (just didnt realize there were that many issues with it, mainly...)

Chamberly
03-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Things are very weird. I still haven't find out why that invisible blocker is there in the elevator area. I've rebuilt the blue side wall and elevator and it still happen to be there. Only thing I can say about this, probably due to many misalignment. & it happens, so it's probably best to rebuild the map whole in a 16 grid.

CTF-0ZeroSumv7Cham (http://www.mediafire.com/download/15falu42qtokn2e/CTF-0ZeroSumv7Cham.unr)

I did work on a few things tho. I didn't get everything. Didn't touch the lighting, spawn points, although the spawn points can be redone because it's uneven lol... didn't add bot pathing back in yet but it build faster than what it did. Got rid of hidden fishy items that was hiding and obtainable, probably not all though.

I thought it might be related to the stairs and I turned on the zone portal view, and found a different spot. Deleted it but it's still the same so it is confusing.

Had a better idea. Replace the movers with teleporter. If you prefer that...

sumbich
03-18-2015, 09:04 PM
haha, darn phone, didnt realize there was a copy of the map there. I'll check it out, thanks mang!

I honestly have no preference whether its a lift or a teleporter. I thought a lift was more aesthetically appropriate and for no other reason did I use it.

well...haha...originally it was a DM map, and I had warp zones at the top and bottom and they criss crossed, but it allowed for some very strange loops - it worked only on lan, blew up every time it was tried online. I didnt think it was all that bad, but apparently it just made the calculations get a bit too far behind with any more than lan level latency.

so by that rationale...I kinda said before, just make this fkr work and toss it on the server, I want to play for a while on it vs all the folks I've been jammin with for a while...but I do have a small bit of tendonitis in my left elbow in a particular spot from golfin and bassin and ut'n...so golf got dropped and I only play ut here and there for now, I gotta work the celuleet bubbles out that sonovabyach or somethin, it'd be cool to golf again.

but yeah, I want to play mf'ers on this level, that's the main thing. always been a fun map but it was never quite server worthy. I may not play for very long depending, but hey, that shit happens when you're an injured old man :) wanted to leave the community with hopefully another map that's always unavailable when the vote comes up hehe....but that's up to how people like it. I like it, but of course I'm biased.

again super appreciated the work you're doing on it! :)

Chamberly
03-18-2015, 11:18 PM
I did a change to replace it with teleporter instead. No bot pathing yet but can be easily done. Only thing left I'll have to work on is the broken bridge from flag to mid, they are both uneven on both side.

Then duplicate this one for the double bases with a mid.

sumbich
03-19-2015, 11:45 AM
what's broken about the bridges? those were done on purpose so as to not make it too easy to run across the very middle of the map ;)

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 05:17 PM
They aren't even on both side, so it's not equal to both teams.

sumbich
03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
gotcha...I knew they werent 100% exact between sides, but from playing, they appeared to be an equal pain in the ass to successfully jump across, so...all good in my head :)

Chamberly
03-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Added even broken bridges on both side, spawn points and pathnode adjusted a bit, screenshot for the map, music, and small weapon adjustment.
https://www.mediafire.com/?m9aquadb88bpgtb

sumbich
03-29-2015, 10:23 AM
I like it...only complaint, seems a little too easy to make the jump across that gap. when I designed the gap before I made it tougher to get across. that little thing underneath, I think is ok, because the extra time it takes for that second jump...its probably ok, I just wanted to encourage gameplay a bit away from making it too easy to run across the center.

all in all looks good though, when do we all get to play on it? :happyj:

Chamberly
03-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Ok I'll upload the one without the easy jump. lol

https://www.mediafire.com/?79ztngkvuhhzot0

TimTim you think this map gonna be alright or do I need to make a doubled base? :P It's pretty small and short run.

I'll upload the doubled base later after making it. Right now I uploaded this map on 2 of my servers. They are both in my sig.

TimTim
03-29-2015, 07:46 PM
I'll check it out in a bit.

sumbich
03-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Not that I'm a big fan of DM these days, but the single version should play well as a DM map also.

Given some of the crazy small maps (e.g. andaction) and spawnkill heavens (most w00ts, andaction)...it would seem that there's just about no lower bound on how small and spawnkill-ey a map can be and have people still like it. (At least this one should not be all spawnkill-ey.... and in the single version I didnt specify a team for player starts purposefully...)

Chamberly
03-31-2015, 05:21 PM
Yeah I set up the teams in player start for CTF. I basically added like 6 spawns to both teams because I guess some peoples play as 4v4, 5v5, or 6v6. I can add more if needed.

Gotta work on the doubled version. I'll just duplicate this map, change flag, spawns, add mid (gotta copy it like the other one you did) and we should be set.

sumbich
04-03-2015, 08:52 AM
If the single version is ready and playable, can we get it on the server to try it out? :happyj:

fugit had a good laugh when I told him I started this fkn thing 14 years ago hahahaha

Chamberly
04-03-2015, 05:48 PM
It's fine but the map that will encourage other breaking the rules on the server since it is so small. :P
That's why I'm getting the double part set up...

sumbich
04-03-2015, 05:55 PM
It's fine but the map that will encourage other breaking the rules on the server since it is so small. :P
That's why I'm getting the double part set up...

lolwut? what do you mean, breaking the rules?

you guys have maps like andaction and w00tabulous on there, which are spawnkill havens, and woot is functionally smaller, andaction is preposterously tiny. not sure what you're referring to :) /0

its not like its a bunch of people shooting at each other straight down a narrow hall, like the aforementioned...

...doubled, should be an entirely different map, played entirely differently...

Chamberly
04-03-2015, 06:05 PM
We don't need another small map on the uK servers. Make sense? Or maybe you aren't aware of the rules on the servers? TimTim explain to this guy plz.

sumbich
04-03-2015, 06:10 PM
I went and read the rules, and nothing would really seem to be any different than any other map. I understand its a rule not to sit there and combo, etc, but...I just think of some other maps that encourage this exponentially more than this map does that are already on the server, and it doesnt make a ton of sense...people play, and obey, or go....the issue there?)

As far as "well, we've got a couple small maps already"....so what? If it plays well and people like it, isnt that more of a concern than jeez the map is small? (so no, that doesnt really make sense..)

Or if there's some technical reason I dont know about, sure, please explain, I'm a computer tech but I do not have much of any experience with running a UT server or mapmaking.

But so far your explanation for why not seems entirely arbitrary. (and its your server, so if that is your proclivity, you're well within your rights to say so...)

sumbich
04-04-2015, 11:00 AM
I just noticed the uk mention. the server I play on (and care about) is the US one in your sig.

and I would have to look up what Siege is, I have no idea what it even is. I dont even know if its relevant to this discussion. (yesyes, google it, but I didnt get there yet)

sumbich
04-04-2015, 11:48 AM
oh....also, I completely forgot about the existence of the double jump, that pretty much screws the intent of the broken bridge.

in light of that, I think those broken bridges should be eliminated entirely so that path is simply unavailable.

Chamberly
04-04-2015, 01:44 PM
My server? I have the map on there for awhile... lol.

I really tried to copy and paste the map to set up the double base but I got an unreal ed crash. lol... no idea what's going on there.

sumbich
04-15-2015, 08:25 PM
right, my mistake...so can we get it on the combogib server, then? pretty please with a cherry on top? :D as an extra special birthday present for me this week? :happyj:

TimTim
04-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Bump this tomorrow and I'll take a look at the map to see if it might be a good fit. :)

sumbich
04-15-2015, 08:39 PM
ah, sank you so much, good sir!

(I just recalled...the bridges in the middle from flag to center need to go...once that's done it should hopefully be good in terms of not being able to dodge-grab and up to center from there. once that's prevented it should be fine.)

Chamberly
04-16-2015, 12:09 AM
Still haven't bothered to find out why I get error when duplicating the map but I have another thing in mind to give it a try for the 2 base that will fit in the map.

Jst2blond
04-16-2015, 01:48 AM
sumbich HBD

Chamberly
04-16-2015, 02:24 AM
sumbich HBD

Happy Cakeday! xD

sumbich
07-12-2015, 10:52 AM
hahaha....yeah, my laptop hdd finally crashed...like a month or two ago, whenever it was that I disappeared. I still have yet to get a new hdd :) will return...eventually. hope you all are well!

sumbich
07-24-2015, 01:04 PM
after a 26 hour ghost and discovering a busted boot loader and really familiarizing myself with bcdedit....this mofo's up and running again! I had to chuckle, the smallest drive I found was 1Tb, guess I wont have any space issues now
/flips off 80Gb drive

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Only 80gb drive O_O, it must of been like going from a bedsit to a 5 bedroom house space wise, In the last few months alone I've taken up over 350gb of shadow play footage, that's why I've gotten my eye on a 5tb Toshiba external hard drive now it's only £120 atm.

sumbich
07-24-2015, 03:37 PM
that's a lot of footage! I dont keep much on here, just pictures and crap, and UT. my important stuff like my meditation stuff is only 10gb, so I really dont have much need for all this additional space, although I'm sure win will enjoy having scads of space to piss away, as is its proclivity hahahaha

so did anyone wind up playing this map? even perchance liking it? I played it a bit and can see how the doubled one would play better....the single just needs to have its shortcut of flagrunning right through the center middle disabled and it should be good.

I'll have to hop on and play...oh next week I think, I got a real busy weekend. it is nice to have a computer again, in a way. in another I really didnt even care :)

SAM
07-25-2015, 07:59 PM
I don't think it ever got upped. It was corrupt?

sumbich
07-26-2015, 08:51 AM
nah, there were just some weird artifacts in the map, thanks to chamberly for working around them. I'll have to think about how I want to fix it, and like she suggested it'd probably entail recreating the map. its up there now and I played it a couple times...but there was a small amount of people each time I played it, I had wanted to get an idea of how it was 4v4, 6v6, to see if it played ok. I think I made everything too tall and vertical, in a sense, and I dont like the bottom teleporter going straight up top, it makes it too easy to run down bottom and dive off the top to try and cap it. I had the intention to make the design as such to not allow for idiot shortcuts like that (the bottom>top redeemer shortcut in woot comes to mind there) but some of that stuff wasnt too readily apparent until I was playing it a bit more.

can you like...randomize teleporters and send them to a handful of locations randomly chosen? or would that entail putting that handful on top of each other, and whichever one you happen to collide with is where it sends you...

and I understand chamberly kinda had to use teleporters on the bases, given that weird artifact was preventing lifts from working right...but I would really rather have lifts there instead of teleporters. I dunno, maybe I'll screw with redoing it from scratch if I can find some time, I've got a microphone to build.

Chamberly
07-26-2015, 04:50 PM
The elevator was so weird, I kept rebuilding often to get it to work and had no luck still lol just some glorious bsp errors on me unless some other people can just press "rebuild" on the map and get it with no bsp errors like you?

sumbich
07-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Ultimately, that single thing is the one thing that makes the map non repairable. It was made in the original unpatched version of UT, was edited with just about every different patch of UT...used to contain these wacky warp zones in an X pattern, was very cool as a DM but the warp zone weirdness made online play utterly impossible, too many mirrored calculations. But LAN was great with it. Eventually I gave up with those and made the lifts, CTF was an afterthought - in a years long lull of play I got into combogib ctf when I got back to playing. (I feel retarded even with this months long break I took!)

But yeah, I really appreciate the efforts, but the map cant be fixed and have it properly playable, even to try and add flag rooms onto it, you would still encounter that completely unseen block on that one side that you cant get rid of. No objects for it exist, nothin'.

I'll perhaps recreate it eventually, but whenever that is that I get around to such things. eat sleep work studio bands.

sumbich
08-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Hey Chamberly, you still got the double version of this? If so could you toss it up there in place of the single version?

Chamberly
08-17-2015, 04:24 PM
I never did made the double version because my unreal editor keep crashing on me. It might work for someone else tho like Timtim or whoever.

sumbich
08-17-2015, 04:26 PM
hm, ok.... thought I had sent one in the zips. I have one, although the transition between the two could use some improvement. I'll work it out and pop it up here in a day or three :)

SmokeyZx
08-18-2015, 07:25 PM
Looks good m8!

sumbich
03-17-2016, 12:41 PM
so while my net was down the other day, I started on a BT version of this. we'll see if my mapping skills can reflect what's in my head or not, hahaha

I'll upload a copy in 3 years when its playable, lol