PDA

View Full Version : Server stuck - BT-COMPILATIENG

darkshaihulud
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
There's a problem with this map, no-one can join (Nexgen timeout each connect), and the mapvote won't work even if you go get into the server. Need a restart or some TLC please!

Chamberly
02-13-2015, 12:36 AM
Hello. I'll check it out. Right now there are players on the server. I don't know when I'll check out this error anytime soon, but please give me a few days.

Right now the map is different, and everything seem to be working fine.

BiGbOsS
02-17-2015, 11:08 AM
There's a problem with this map, no-one can join (Nexgen timeout each connect), and the mapvote won't work even if you go get into the server. Need a restart or some TLC please!

This map has some issues. The map starts out okay, but either after a certain point in time or after a certain player load, the map starts to lag for everyone. I think whatever causes the lag is the same thing that causes the nexgen timeouts? The lag eventually evolves into an unbearable state. At one point, everyone on i4g had +150 ping added onto their normal ping before we finally revoted the map.

Also, this map has some crazy spawn mixing. It is not too big of a problem except that it saves over a minute and a half on cap time.

I PM'd owyeaw a few times over at i4g. He has not fixed the map yet, and I think he is very unmotivated to do so because a lot of people gave him a hard time when the map came out.

darkshaihulud
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Thanks Boss - I do feel sorry for OwYeaw, it's got to be disheartening when you put so much work into something and then this is the upshot. We had a very similar issue with MonsterMadness on our server. Unscientifically, it seems as though the problem are related to the presence of monsters in the maps, but goodness knows why!

Chamberly
02-17-2015, 04:09 PM
I think I'll try to download it and try it on my server/offline to see if any error in the log come up if the map somehow become unstable. But hmm if it could be re-worked with np, I'd op for that.

1_8_7
02-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Its happening on more maps that just that one, quite a few lately actually. Doesn't seem to be related to a map as the error reads no logon information is being received. Can even connect fine and leave the game and when you try to reconnect you get that error. Many players are getting this.

Nexgen Server Controller(MHA edition) v112
Diagnostics code: 0x000000CF

BiGbOsS
02-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks Boss - I do feel sorry for OwYeaw, it's got to be disheartening when you put so much work into something and then this is the upshot. We had a very similar issue with MonsterMadness on our server. Unscientifically, it seems as though the problem are related to the presence of monsters in the maps, but goodness knows why!

Yes, I can imagine so as well. I have never really delved into the editor, but I do know it requires a lot of time and patience. I remember he had a problem with spawn mixing before on crypteng, and I believe it took him quite a while to fix it.

I think it has a lot to do with how your errors are communicated to you as well. It is one thing for a few members of the community to let you know that the map you have spent hours on has an error or two here or there. It is another thing when most of the community complains in a server and on a forum in such a ridiculous manner that it makes you feel like all of your effort was for naught. There were quite a lot of people (not just one or two guys) who gave him a hard time for putting monsters in this map, and they told it to him in a very not-so-friendly way (to put it very softly). He was also given a very hard time for monster madness as well if I recall correctly. I do believe that there are certain maps/mappers who do spew out maps within five minutes just to put out a map, and I would probably never defend them on a forum lol. Owyeaw is not one of them. Whether you like his maps or not, you can tell he, usually, puts in time and effort into creating his maps (and a lot of thought as well). Bloeb is another good example. He is one of my most favorite mappers, and he has contributed quite a lot to BT; however, people give him a hard time because they cannot take 2 minutes to learn how to boost themselves with the impact hammer.

/rant

I think the lag (whether it pertains to the nexgen issue or not) is definitely connected with the monsters. Though, he has a ton of kralls, cows, nalis, skarj, and such in BT-Crypteng, but there is never any lag in that map (as far as I know). That map is also just about the same length (maybe even longer). Perhaps the actual size of the map + the player load + the node limit + the monsters + any generators have something to do with it? I think Crypteng would be smaller in size even though it is longer time-wise. Crypteng has a bit of a circle concept to it. I know Jomax's Bioshock use to cause certain servers to slowly lag more and more as time went on. I think I recall Klepto claiming it had to do with the way the bubbles were generated at a certain point in the map. Somebody fixed it over time including a CB fix and one Klepto made himself that was on Mastery for a bit.

Again, I have no knowledge of UnrealEd though.

Its happening on more maps that just that one, quite a few lately actually. Doesn't seem to be related to a map as the error reads no logon information is being received. Can even connect fine and leave the game and when you try to reconnect you get that error. Many players are getting this.

Interesting. I have not been playing much BT, so I have not experienced the error myself. I wonder if it is completely random, or if it is possible to determine a pattern to it. Could something in a map be interrupting Nexgen's ability to gather login information from players? I honestly have no clue. Maybe we could start a list of maps that are having this issue here in this thread in the mean time while people who have the required knowledge look into it? Maybe something like keys or monsters in a map could be the issue (although I highly doubt it).

Perhaps Chamberly will find something in her endeavors.

Chamberly
02-19-2015, 03:13 AM

If many players are doing this, please... or not (we'll probably still have this error anyway) let's post a WinMTR (kind of like traceroute) and we could see where the bad ping coming from that cause other to get disconnection issue. It's probably related to DOS/DDOS.

I'm still gonna check on the map. Some actors may cause lag if access nones are generated by tons. That was not fun. Ha ha ha! We'll see.