PDA

View Full Version : 5:38:27 Coret 4 way game.

Higor
02-15-2015, 10:43 PM
FUN = ENDED.
Special mention to our lower gate for tanking over 200 nukes, literally, a blast door.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/Shots/ANTIFUN-CORET4.jpg

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-15-2015, 11:33 PM
You should of abused your admin, and used god mode with 999 nukes.

jay2
02-16-2015, 12:16 AM
I can confirm this to be true.

Credits to Russia for the amazing teles!

Chamberly
02-16-2015, 12:28 AM
and used god mode with 999 nukes.

LMAO.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-16-2015, 12:54 AM
I get bored in like 30 mins these days

A^3
02-16-2015, 01:18 AM
These long overtime games kill the server population. Need a time limit for overtime.

Moskva
02-16-2015, 03:11 AM
A^3 is spot on, after it was over joined to the next map (which was a good map like Butchered) and it was a 2v1.

RELI.

BONZ
02-16-2015, 08:05 AM
Haha that is absurd. Well done on the Hydro game the other day, I think that was you playing. Got the shit nuked out of us

|uK|Rays
02-16-2015, 10:17 AM
admin abuse would have been a kind gesture there, I don't see how you can stand to play that much of one map. Support A^3's point 100%, anything over an hour is kinda ridiculous to me.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Or like in UT3's warfare OT: Each sec the core goes down an amount of damage. If both get to 0, game is tied. Alternative: A single core hit ends the game (100 > 99 just like in ctf, there's a difference so game should just end.)

Higor
02-16-2015, 11:28 AM
The directives in this thread for [4]Coret need a change, would have suggested the EMP launcher but after playing yesterday I realized that carrying it to the doors is suicide.
The EMP bomb makes a lot more sense and helps those trying to sneak in.
http://www.unrealkillers.com/f68/serverside-map-alterations-siege-5590/

PD: The server REALLY need this running.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-16-2015, 12:48 PM
What about stopping people from being able to build fortification items when overtime starts, you'll just have to make do with what your team built during the normal time span.

RTG`
02-16-2015, 02:02 PM
What about stopping people from being able to build fortification items when overtime starts, you'll just have to make do with what your team built during the normal time span.

Huge 1+

~~D4RR3N~~
02-16-2015, 02:41 PM

This is even better than what I said

+2

jay2
02-16-2015, 03:17 PM
A person suggested that mines should be disabled in overtime and I 100% agree with that.

I disagree with that because then it will just become a dm fest.

Chamberly
02-16-2015, 03:42 PM
I disagree with that because then it will just become a dm fest.

x2. Siege isn't a DM game lol.

Moskva
02-16-2015, 04:55 PM
The counter productive effect wouldn't be a DM fest, it would encourage people to nuke BUT,

It would be that most of the people will be building fortifications the whole match because at some point they won't be able to construct them anymore and because of it, the teams would rather nuke builds instead of core like it happened in the past, so we will back to the SGX era were it rewarded you more to nuke conts or sp's (from a strategical standpoint) and in the end the core will be forgotten, dragging matches still, perhaps to a lower time in hindsight, but they will still last a while.

~~D4RR3N~~
02-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Hm... I never played while the SGX era so I don't know much about this, but I don't think there are much spots to build so much shit in most maps. Again, this is most likely a very ignorant post...

Novak
02-16-2015, 06:18 PM
I was on the yellow team for most of that game. Something is seriously off with the 4-way balancer since the server data loss I think. Players getting moved sideways between teams that have been in the game for awhile when a player leaves or a new player joins. Players always joining to red or blue first. Have to manually balance to get a player to join green or yellow. Shouldn't the new player join the weakest team by the core or team strength metric like in 2-way?

Additionally, I think player team manipulation has gotten out of hand. Nobody seems to care anymore or there aren't mods present on the siege server to monitor it, but if someone intentionally goes spec to get off of a team that they are balanced onto and then try to come back in, that is a warning. Period. I see players who think they can get away with this tactic doing it often and it was obvious in several instances in this game that players did not want to play on the yellow team. I am not talking about when someone's UT crashes and they need to come back to their former team.

I should add that I myself started on the blue team and got switched to yellow after a couple of ragers went spec. I sucked it up and played on yellow after I had put a ton of RU into the blue team builds, having played on it for 15 minutes or so. Who cares what team you were on at X point in time?

Moskva
02-16-2015, 06:28 PM
Hm... I never played while the SGX era so I don't know much about this, but I don't think there are much spots to build so much shit in most maps. Again, this is most likely a very ignorant post...

Based on yesterday's Coret, off top of my head I remember around 14 or more containers lvl 5, super container, forcefield and around 7 super protectors at the blue high entrance, imagine that plus the low entrance and the core area... so the only way to get in was, either sneaky-sneaky or chain like 8 nukes ONLY to clear that stuff.

Without counting mines though, but for sure they had a bunch.

Stormy
02-18-2015, 10:54 AM
This map is worse than Niven 4 way

Novak
02-18-2015, 06:07 PM
This map didn't cause admins to make 4-way maps worth only half a vote, effectively destroying momentum for voting 4-way maps. Maybe it was tip of the iceberg, but Niven-4 did.

Higor
02-18-2015, 06:14 PM
There's an incoming balance change for Siege, and hopefully, the death of the ANTIFUN... provided this time we get the default SiegePub profile on :mj:

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-21-2015, 06:17 AM
Lol imagine if enemy team just waited to nuke all your fortifications because getting to core was too hard just before the end of normal time? Then you would have no form of defence or retaliation... the core decay idea is and always will be better...

Higor
02-21-2015, 12:50 PM
The location of our forward SC plus the insane 6 pack spam we were doing did that game for us.
Around the SC (placed on the external gate) there were 7 other containers healing it, 4 of them were constantly being wiped out and I rebuilt them at lightspeed after each wipe.
I never kept my RU reserves under 4k RU before making nukes or teleporters for this very reason, the SC was nuked so hard it kept going back to 20% but healed very quickly due to two of us rebuilding the defenses in less than 20 seconds.

Sure, the defenses alone didn't do the job, out of those 449 kills more than half were outside of the defense perimeter on 150/150 attackers, the Rocket Launcher is godly on that map if used well and I got like 12 nukers alone with well placed 6 packs.
Now if someone were to build a little jammer on that door, leeching the shit out of said SC would indeed turn the game.

PD: Double amp nuking in that map is easy to do if you're able to produce 6k RU every 15 minutes, got one off and cleaned up yellow's upper path, failed the other with a suicide while I still had another nuke in my inventory.