PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

<|Pius|>
05-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I think we need to re-write a tutorial on siege as the one that's linked on irc (http://www.siegexxl.com) is down. I'm more than willing to take some time to write a section or 2, but I can't do the whole damn thing. Is anyone up for helping?
The sections should be based around:
1. team etiquette (me or someone else)
2. building (containers, protectors, leeching) (me or someone else)
3. building strategy (tele's, mines, jetpacks, etc.) (whoever wants to contribute)
4. tips and tricks (secrets?) (again whoever wants to contribute)
5. positions
5a. Offense
5b. Defence
5c. Mid
6. Pickups (mid)
7. environmental effects? (lava, water, slime, etc. and the suits to use)
8. binds (clanchan?)
9. map-specific strategy?
10. A special thanks to all who contributed!
I feel that if this gets written there will be no excuse for noobiness and I'd like to see what some of you can contribute.

|uK|Cube
05-02-2011, 12:06 PM
pointless in my point of view.
1. Most of the "retards" who can't play siege can't even speak/read proper english.
2. No1 will ever look at it because they only come to the forum when they are banned.
3. When they finally come to the forum they either spam their topic 50 times in every section or make topics like This (http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/444-SO-PISSED-ADMIN-DUMB-ASS) or This (http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/433-i-get-banned-for-3-matches) or This (http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/548-hahaa).
If you want more feel free to browse the ban/complaints section.

lercs12
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
i would be happy to help you doing a translated version to Spanish when you are done

A^3
05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
I have a copy of badgers siege tutorial if you want it. I'm also working on my own siege tutorial for beginner players. It's really only about the builds and strategies. Good luck with yours though.

<|Pius|>
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
yeah if you could post it here if it's uploaded, if not send it to me via email @ [email protected]

SAM
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi Pius once you have completed it I will blog it for you here :)

I don't people should be discouraged at Cube's post. If that was everyones attitude, then shall I shut the server down because of the botnet floods I have been babysitting and stopping? Because it consumes a large amount of my time I can assure you.

<|Pius|>
05-02-2011, 04:23 PM
what was cube's post?
Clanchan has agreed to do the binds section, I'm gonna need people for the strategies and possibly some of the builds.
So if you know anything about anything, put it in a text document and email it to me.
I plan to get started on team etiquette and environmental effects this week as they're gonna be the shortest topics.

SilverWing
05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
i have already backuped up info on siegexxl

if u want it and i can give it to u

SilverWing
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM
i was als thinking of posting videos of like strategies/tutorials

audiosonic
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM
i was als thinking of posting videos of like strategies/tutorials
Just demorec lotrfan67 on every siegemap and you should be good.

and say this what u shouldn't do?

HIGH[+]Wah_JD
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm gonna need people for the strategies

hit and run :P
nice idea man good Luck

Moko
05-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd get JD, Shiva and Mattie for strategies. lol

SilverWing
05-02-2011, 10:15 PM
I'd get JD, Shiva and Mattie for strategies. lol

JD AND SHIVA!!!

i wonder where there strategies come from:rolleyes:

audiosonic
05-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Probably from their ass cause it isn't any good.

SilverWing
05-02-2011, 10:43 PM
yet we always win :P

Moko
05-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes JD and Shivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

But if you want the tech stuff ask silverwing, he practically knows how many rox kill a cont. lol

SilverWing
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes JD and Shivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

But if you want the tech stuff ask silverwing, he practically knows how many rox kill a cont. lol

lol ...i did at one point :P

but i dont like giving away my strategies anymore... i only tell blaze and shiva...

Moko
05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
LoL
Selfish boy.

|uK|Tomahawk
05-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Just demorec lotrfan67 on every siegemap and you should be good.

and say this what u shouldn't do?

Thanks, and SW i use stregeys on most maps i just play mostly when no admins are around=/. Btw pius i might do a section need to think bout it first

<|Pius|>
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
ok, so far I think I've got the basics all covered, now to move onto etiquette. I'm doing it in wordpad as it'll be the easiest to convert to whatever format I want, and smallest in size.
I really want to upload it, but this damn forum won't let me. It's in .doc format.

mostro
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM
pius man, let me know if you need any help!

i can help on translating as well

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-04-2011, 02:38 AM
would it be possible for someone to translate this into german maybe as well?

Moko
05-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Why German?
For the Belgium and Dutch people?

mattie
05-04-2011, 03:30 AM
I'll create a section for advance siege theory. Basically the fundamentals on what would set a team apart from another team. Point by point basically on why this is good, and why you should do this.

<|Pius|>
05-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Ok, I came up with this really good idea when I saw badger's guide. I wanted to do one in that style anyway with pictures and detailed info. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him so I can ask him if i can use some of the stuff he's got in there? I basically want to take the siege guide and add to it, then rewrite the strategy part.

SilverWing
05-04-2011, 06:55 PM
ill ask him when i c him... but he should be okay with it, i asked him befoe if i can us it.. just give him some credit on the updated siege info

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
go ahead and use it badger is long gone and i doubt he would mind after all he did offer to let us takeover siege

ChanClan
05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
siege website is http://www.heiland.co.uk/siege

ChanClan
05-07-2011, 12:43 AM
I agree on several points and disagree on several points.

0. Banning <- severe violation including acts against the team, the server or oneself.
1. Kicked <- you can't fix stupid, but you can make them WATCH A VIDEO at registration. Which is probably the only chance you get the get in their head.
3. Same as number 2. :)

So some sort of "Boot Camp" is only going to improve the gameplay for those of us who ACTUALLY went to BOOT CAMP (the real one). All infavor? aYE.

ChanClan
05-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Indeed an IN-Game translator...that would be VERY helpful...although not as quick as a quick player doing it for you; at least for spanish. But some words are universal and don't get Lost in Translation.

Moko
05-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Pius will this be a PDF or what?
Because if it's a PDF I could make you a cover for your writeup.
I have many projects I'm working on so I'll only make it if it's a PDF.