NewNet NormalWeapons bugs, problems, opinions [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : NewNet NormalWeapons bugs, problems, opinions

kr0m
03-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Hi all, and the biggest hi for creator of NN - TimTim - big respect and thanks for doing this stuff ( but... its still buggy :F ).
I would like to share here about the bugs, problems, reports and what should not have a place in game playing with newnet. It will only be associated with the normal weapons aswell, maybe that stuff will help to remove bugs, if still you're interested and you had time to fix it.
I'll skip the one thing that still I can not understand, namely why you so interfered with the weapons in their damage. What is the reason you wanted to change the values, which for so many years were outright perfect. (Until PureStats showed up, that killed the natural ecosystem of the game and the game became sterile, and purestats killed ecosystem in this way, with two weapons: minigun and pulsegun have become useless).
Would not it be easier to do first or only clear newnet into all weapons? and then make, a few cosmetic changes like changed damages, etc? I was only referring to so ask of what is going right now. Which is now the best, is that you shared your settings, which restore the fundamental values of the weapons like damages, refirerate in sniperrifle, etc.
Here are mine and three other players observations (We are trying to find the best version into all weapons but some bugs neeed to be fixed):

NN 9.6 - kicking for fastweaponfire, ACE toggling highperf ON and OFF all the time, set it bDisableAutoKicks=True - its doesnt help.
Two weapons:
- UT_biorifle when you hold long time primary fire will kick you(why?), UT_biorifle is usless when you hit somebody it not register that hit both secondary and primary, ST_UT_Biogel, ST_UT_Biosplash, ST_UT_Bioglob - they did not explode, you can run on them and nothing happens (it miracle when youk kill somebody with biorifle).
- UT_flakcannon when you fast shoot once primary fire and next secondaryfire few times will kick you.
- UT_flakcannon its like a new weapon I need to learn how to aim again, realy? (ST_UTChunk,ST_UTChunk1,ST_UTChunk2,ST_UTChunk3,ST _UTChunk4 - do not work correctly on medium and long distances/range, work correctly only in very, very close disntace/range, even only when I go into/penetrates someone work properly then. Also ST_FlakSlug - the ball landed on my face few times and nothing happen and when the flakball explodes under their feet, sometimes nothing happens.
Weapon throwing up:
- when you throwing up weapon and your teammate picking up, can not shoot this weapon, weapon is useless (as if the weapon has not in itself function what is responsible for the shooting functions, etc..)

NN 9.14 - not kicking for fastweaponfire, ACE toggling highperf ON and OFF all the time, set it bDisableAutoKicks=True - it help but is messaging some warnings stuffs(how to turn off?),
Two weapons:
- UT_biorifle when you hold long time primary fire will warning you of your weapon fire speed (how to turn of that?), UT_biorifle is usless when you hit somebody it not register that hit both secondary and primary, ST_UT_Biogel, ST_UT_Biosplash, ST_UT_Bioglob - they did not explode sometimes, you can run on them and nothing happens (is miracle when youk kill somebody with biorifle).,
- UT_flakcannon its like a new weapon I need to learn how to aim again, realy? (ST_UTChunk,ST_UTChunk1,ST_UTChunk2,ST_UTChunk3,ST _UTChunk4 - do not work correctly on medium and long distances/range, work correctly only in very, very close disntace/range, even only when I go into/penetrates someone work properly then)
Weapon throwing up:
- when you throwing up weapon and your teammate picking up, can not shoot this weapon, weapon is useless (as if the weapon has not in itself function what is responsible for the shooting functions, etc..)

I will try to get more information when a thing is happening, it might be help. Salut :)

TimTim
03-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I stopped working on the mod over a year ago because the remaining issues are so insignificant that it's not worth the time. It's incredibly time consuming to work on the mod, and I have more important things I need to be working on. And when I'm not working, I'm not going to spend my time debugging NewNet since the results of which are also pretty insignificant.

The vast majority of people really underestimate how much work actually went into getting the mod to its current state, as well as how much work it is to fix the remaining issues. I don't think the work to reward ratio is a worthy tradeoff, so it's very low priority for me, but the mod is of course open source for anyone else who wants to take a stab at it.

Regarding the weapon damages and all that, I was actually opposed to changing those values from the originals. But there was an overwhelming amount of feedback from everyone saying that something had to be done about hitscan (sniper, shock, minigun, etc.) weapons. There's actually an entire forum devoted to making the decisions on what to do. Active members of the "competitive" NW community all voted on the changes. All I did was implement their wishes.

http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40

Edit: At some point over the next day or two, I'll bring NewNet's GitHub repo (https://github.com/timbur/NewNet-for-UT99) up to date so that people can properly submit pull requests that might land in official builds.

Higor
03-03-2015, 11:29 AM
minigun and pulsegun have become useless
Get on the Siege server... you're in for a surprise...

EDIT:
:zpmini:

~~D4RR3N~~
03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Wanna win siege?

Open User.ini > Set every single key you see to getweapon minigun | switchweapon 7 > Enter Siege server > go to sup and press any key > profit

kr0m
03-11-2015, 04:36 PM
I stopped working on the mod over a year ago because the remaining issues are so insignificant that it's not worth the time. It's incredibly time consuming to work on the mod, and I have more important things I need to be working on. And when I'm not working, I'm not going to spend my time debugging NewNet since the results of which are also pretty insignificant.

The vast majority of people really underestimate how much work actually went into getting the mod to its current state, as well as how much work it is to fix the remaining issues. I don't think the work to reward ratio is a worthy tradeoff, so it's very low priority for me, but the mod is of course open source for anyone else who wants to take a stab at it.

That you did it alone, I admire you and I am well, aware that it takes a lot of time. Write the code, that takes a lot of time, twice as many correcting the code. Most I'd eat your brain, if that I could do NewNet by myself :) Yes, that's right, people think that utpure, ace, nn, other stuffs come from space and most of them do not care about how it can be time-consuming. They are interested to themself, to play and You're so "satisfact-or\ion" for everyone. Summing up to NewNet for Instagib = 100% success, referring to normal weapons, the most noticeable is Biorifle, after which you can run, jump and nothing happens also loaded secondary fire when you hit somebody nothing happens. Other weapons need maybe some small, even "cosmetic" improvements, probably that also still take a lot of time. Just to fully my luck (hope not only my) need an effective weapon like Biorifle. As to the FlakCannon I almost getting used, that needs a little bit different aim like its a new weapon, but similar to the FlakCannon.
Timbur, you already fixed a lot of the bugs, I will not writing what are you fixed, because you perfectly know what you fixed, great job. Only what I will mention is that the already ImpactHammer bind works, gj also.

I saw that you did: BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 - I'd like to decompile alone to BP1Handlerv0_9_14, BP4Handlerv0_9_14 (even to my version 0_9_test), but I dont know how :|
I wanted to stub/more testing a little, but im green in c++/unrealscripts, not 100% green, but 70% green. I tried to use the NN version 9_14, because I think it is best version for normal weapons (but dont have source for that, I just unpacked .ucc files from .u) and then I try ucc make, this happen:

Analyzing...
Parsing PureSystem
Parsing PurePlayer
Parsing bbCHSpectator
Parsing bbCHCoach
Parsing bbPlayer
Parsing bbTournamentMale
Parsing bbTMale2
Parsing bbTkr0mskin
Parsing bbTBoss
Parsing bbTMale1
Parsing bbTournamentFemale
Parsing bbTFemale1
Parsing bbTFemale2
Parsing bbClientDemoSN
Parsing NN_SpawnNotify
Parsing PureSN
Parsing Checker
Parsing DoubleJump
Parsing PureClickBoard
Parsing PureStatMutator
Parsing UTPure
Parsing SpecSpreeMessage
Parsing SpecMessagePlus
Parsing PureHitSound
Parsing PureCTFScoreBoard
Parsing PureAssaultScoreBoard
Parsing PureDOMScoreBoard
Parsing PureTeamScoreBoard
Parsing PureLMSScoreBoard
Parsing PureScoreBoard
Parsing PureTeamInfo
Parsing PureServerInfo
Parsing PureServerInfoTeam
Parsing PureServerInfoAS
Parsing PureServerInfoCTF
Parsing PureServerInfoDOM
Parsing NewNetServer
Parsing PureAutoPause
Parsing PureDPS
Parsing PureInfo
Parsing PureStats
Parsing NN_Teleporter
Parsing PureFlag
Parsing PureAssaultHUD
Parsing PureDOMHUD
Parsing PureCTFHUD
Parsing PureTDMHUD
Parsing PureDMHUD
Parsing ModifyLoginHandler
Parsing PureHUDHelper
Parsing PureSuperDuperConsole
Parsing PureSuperDuperUberConsole
Parsing UTPureSetupScrollClient
Parsing UTPureSetupClient
Parsing PureLevelBase
Compiling PureSystem
Compiling PurePlayer
Compiling bbCHSpectator
Compiling bbCHCoach
Compiling bbPlayer
C:\UT99-\NewNetUnrealv0_9_test\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(6282) : Error, Can't assign
Const variables
Failed due to errors.

History: CompileError <- TryCompile <- FScriptCompiler::CompileScript <- (Class
NewNetUnrealv0_9_test.bbPlayer, Pass 1, Line 6282) <- CompileScripts <- CompileSc
ripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <-
DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error
Maybe the reason is that I dont have a source of that version, dont know.

Regarding the weapon damages and all that, I was actually opposed to changing those values from the originals. But there was an overwhelming amount of feedback from everyone saying that something had to be done about hitscan (sniper, shock, minigun, etc.) weapons. There's actually an entire forum devoted to making the decisions on what to do. Active members of the "competitive" NW community all voted on the changes. All I did was implement their wishes.

Global Unreal &bull; Login (http://www.globalunreal.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=40)

Edit: At some point over the next day or two, I'll bring NewNet's GitHub repo (https://github.com/timbur/NewNet-for-UT99) up to date so that people can properly submit pull requests that might land in official builds.

Shame that there was not me :)
Let me ask you just one question: if somebody wants to change your favorite pizzas, where you think everything is in the right place, everything is perfect. I know how difficult it is to satisfy all, it is impossible to satisfy everyone. Therefore, I would do my pizzas optional :) In my pizza always imperfect was purestats, that destroyed taste of pulsegun and minigun (damn you Anthrax).

TimTim - I hope that you will also find the time to finish what you started, its almost perfect, only that biorifle, with the rest stuff is possible to live :)
Salut !

TimTim
03-12-2015, 12:51 AM
In older versions all of the weapons actually registered perfectly, but certain projectiles broke (namely the random ones - e.g., biorifle splashes) when I added some security checks to prevent cheaters from exploiting it. And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-12-2015, 01:06 AM
And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.
and because nw is dead kthxbye

kr0m
03-12-2015, 06:21 AM
In older versions all of the weapons actually registered perfectly, but certain projectiles broke (namely the random ones - e.g., biorifle splashes) when I added some security checks to prevent cheaters from exploiting it. And as I said, it's just not worth the time to fix it, especially when you can just use an older version.
OK, thats your decision :F
Tim in which an older version you mean ?
NN 0_9_2 - bind for ImpactHammer does not work, all others looks OK
NN 0_9_6 - using biorifle and flak kicking for [ Your weapon is firing faster than it's suppesed to. Please fix your connection and/or gamespeed. ] bDisableAutoKicks=True - not help - how to disable it ?
NN 0_9_9 - using biorifle and flak kicking for [ Your weapon is firing faster than it's suppesed to. Please fix your connection and/or gamespeed. ] bDisableAutoKicks=True - not help - how to disable it ?
NN 0_9_13/14/15 - bind for ImpactHammer works and no kicks when using biorifle/flak - so in my eyes its the best version for nw.

I did not find other versions, and even if I found something just might not work correctly. Maybe I'll ask otherwise you as creator should know :) Which version allows to use bind for ImpactHammer and will not kick from the server for using biorifle/flak as a cause is firing faster ?
And also what version I can try to stub and decompile with small changes, likewise BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 to another version of NN\my version. TimTim - I do not want to bother you too much, I just would like to set everything as it should be and play as well and decompile the code from best version for NW. I'll be grateful for the help :)

TimTim
03-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Have you tried v0.9?

Which version allows to use bind for ImpactHammer
Not sure what you mean here. If you're talking about hammer+jump bind, I don't know which older versions have this.

what version I can try to stub and decompile with small changes, likewise BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6 to another version of NN\my version
You should be able to decompile any of them to get the source. The BP handlers are also really straightforward. Just decompile those, change the version number, add them to EditPackages, and compile.

Chamberly
03-12-2015, 04:46 PM
You know you don't have to have those BP1/4, just delete BP1, and BP4 from the NNPure entry from ut.ini and be fine without.

TimTim
03-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Yeah the BP handlers aren't required unless you want to use the Bonus Packs (custom skins).

kr0m
03-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Have you tried v0.9?

Not sure what you mean here. If you're talking about hammer+jump bind, I don't know which older versions have this.

You should be able to decompile any of them to get the source. The BP handlers are also really straightforward. Just decompile those, change the version number, add them to EditPackages, and compile.
I have not tried, because I know that it will work and as I wrote earlier the best version for NW is NN 9_0_14, which I would change a little bit :)
This version is easy for decompile too?

Yes and I mean more precisely that bind Aliases[25]=(Command="getweapon ImpactHammer | Button bFire | Fire | OnRelease Jump",Alias=hjump) does not work properly, it works until version 9.6 was released.

Good to know, so I've done, but I have no idea why this does not work (BP1Handlerv0_9_6, BP4Handlerv0_9_6\\BP1Handlerv0_9_14, BP4Handlerv0_9_14), TCow, TNali, TSkaarj, XanMK2, WarBoss - none, it does not work, all the time is just a default skin. I want to use my own skin: package.myclass where I ascribed myclass to the TMale2 and I changed only DefaultProperites TimTim - can you help me with that small thing :) ?

You know you don't have to have those BP1/4, just delete BP1, and BP4 from the NNPure entry from ut.ini and be fine without.
I have not added them without reason, I want to use different / other skins, but it is impossible with NN :[

TimTim
03-14-2015, 01:21 PM
NewNetUnrealv0_9_15 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/w91hoa89gzyf3y1/NewNetUnrealv0_9_15.zip)
BPHandlersv0_9_15 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/c41w73lctluabru/BPHandlersv0_9_15.zip)

Not sure what to tell you about the hammer bind. I've never bothered testing it.

Chamberly
03-14-2015, 01:44 PM
I want to use different / other skins

You know if they aren't BP skin you can add it to the server... just a .utx and .int, add the .utx on the server and server packages and it's on.

I never tested this tho.

kr0m
03-16-2015, 02:26 PM
NewNetUnrealv0_9_15 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/w91hoa89gzyf3y1/NewNetUnrealv0_9_15.zip)
BPHandlersv0_9_15 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/c41w73lctluabru/BPHandlersv0_9_15.zip)

Not sure what to tell you about the hammer bind. I've never bothered testing it.
This bind is old like UT99 is, also I did not expect from you, that you know that bind :) I wanted write to you is that since the release of NN_9_6 version, impacthammer jump bind working correctly.
Thanks Timmy for these versions and pls answer me about NN_9_14 and now about NN_9_15, is possible to decompile and compile again(with my changes) or I neeed source from you? Is there an option to do this?

Still have not tried this NN_9_15 version and BP_15, will share how it works\or if that works, also I am curious if it working for someone.

You know if they aren't BP skin you can add it to the server... just a .utx and .int, add the .utx on the server and server packages and it's on.

I never tested this tho.
Yea Chamberly, but my skin doesnt need .utx or .int, there is just .u file, where like I wrote before there is changed only Default properites of that skin extends to TMale2.

TimTim
03-16-2015, 10:04 PM
is possible to decompile and compile again(with my changes)
Yes. After decompiling, you can use the guide I included with the official release to compile another version. You can find it in this package: NewNetv0.9-source (http://www.mediafire.com/download/l4c9ssuiu1bgyn5/NewNetv0.9-source.zip)

kr0m
03-19-2015, 04:23 AM
TimTim you was right about trying with NewNet_0_9 and I was so sure, but it doesnt work for me, same file bbPlayer.uc :
What can I do wrong with it, hm?

C:\UTJAZDAA-\System>ucc make
--------------------Core--------------------
--------------------Engine--------------------
--------------------Editor--------------------
--------------------UWindow--------------------
--------------------Fire--------------------
--------------------IpDrv--------------------
--------------------UWeb--------------------
--------------------UBrowser--------------------
--------------------UnrealShare--------------------
--------------------UnrealI--------------------
--------------------UMenu--------------------
--------------------IpServer--------------------
--------------------Botpack--------------------
--------------------UTServerAdmin--------------------
--------------------UTMenu--------------------
--------------------UTBrowser--------------------
--------------------2k4Combos--------------------
--------------------NewNetUnrealv0_9--------------------
Analyzing...
Parsing PureSystem
Parsing PurePlayer
Parsing bbCHSpectator
Parsing bbCHCoach
Parsing bbPlayer
Parsing bbTournamentMale
Parsing bbTBoss
Parsing bbTMale1
Parsing bbTMale2
Parsing bbTournamentFemale
Parsing bbTFemale1
Parsing bbTFemale2
Parsing bbClientDemoSN
Parsing NN_SpawnNotify
Parsing PureSN
Parsing DoubleJump
Parsing PureClickBoard
Parsing PureStatMutator
Parsing UTPure
Parsing SpecSpreeMessage
Parsing SpecMessagePlus
Parsing PureHitSound
Parsing PureCTFScoreBoard
Parsing PureAssaultScoreBoard
Parsing PureDOMScoreBoard
Parsing PureTeamScoreBoard
Parsing PureLMSScoreBoard
Parsing PureScoreBoard
Parsing PureTeamInfo
Parsing PureServerInfo
Parsing PureServerInfoTeam
Parsing PureServerInfoAS
Parsing PureServerInfoCTF
Parsing PureServerInfoDOM
Parsing NewNetServer
Parsing PureAutoPause
Parsing PureDPS
Parsing PureInfo
Parsing PureStats
Parsing NN_Teleporter
Parsing PureFlag
Parsing PureAssaultHUD
Parsing PureDOMHUD
Parsing PureCTFHUD
Parsing PureTDMHUD
Parsing PureDMHUD
Parsing ModifyLoginHandler
Parsing PureHUDHelper
Parsing PureSuperDuperConsole
Parsing PureSuperDuperUberConsole
Parsing UTPureSetupScrollClient
Parsing UTPureSetupClient
Parsing PureLevelBase
Compiling PureSystem
Compiling PurePlayer
Compiling bbCHSpectator
Compiling bbCHCoach
Compiling bbPlayer
C:\ICHAAA-\NewNetUnrealv0_9\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(5786) : Error, Can't assign Cons
t variables
Failed due to errors.

NewNetUnrealv0_9.bbPlayer, Pass 1, Line 5786) <- CompileScripts <- CompileScript
s <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- CompileScripts <- DoS
cripts <- UEditorEngine::MakeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 04:52 AM
C:\ICHAAA-\NewNetUnrealv0_9\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(5786) : Error, Can't assign Const variables Failed due to errors.

Look in that source code... oh wait, something isn't right because the line seem to be ok? O.o wtf?

kr0m
03-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Look in that source code... oh wait, something isn't right because the line seem to be ok? O.o wtf?
Yep 'shit happens', that is curious Chamberly ;) lol

//edit
I did not change anything yet, its clear source code from TimTim
I wonder if anyone tried to compile NewNetv0.9-source
//

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 05:04 AM
I guess it depend on what you changed in the code. I never looked at NN code fully as it seem confusing to me... : $

TimTim
03-19-2015, 09:11 AM
kr0m Read the instructions included with the v0.9 source. It includes the files you need which will allow you to re-assign constants. Remember to back up the original files.

kr0m
03-19-2015, 09:33 AM
kr0m Read the instructions included with the v0.9 source. It includes the files you need which will allow you to re-assign constants. Remember to back up the original files.
I was sure that is so easy ... hehe
So or I'm blind or dumb :D must be missing something, I did not change anything in source, yep I have copy of all.
Timmy can you write here what lines in UT.ini and what files are needed to compile in UT\System to compile, hmm ?

TimTim
03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
From NewNetv0.9-source.zip's README.txt file:

Dependencies:
- Use patch 451b to compile!
- System/2k4Combos.u
- System/Engine.u (modified to allow assigning of constant variables)

Instructions for creating your own version of NewNet:

1) Copy all files within this package to your UT directory.

2) Make a copy of the source files and give them a new version number
and/or name. A batch file (Copy.bat) has been included to make this
quick and easy. Feel free to edit Copy.bat to give it a unique name.

3) You'll need to edit the following files to match the new name/version:
- Make.bat
- Compress.bat
- System/UnrealTournament.ini
- System/MapVoteLA.ini (if applicable)
- <Copy of NewNetUnrealv0_9>/Classes/UTPure.uc
Note: Under DefaultProperties, you should update both ThisVer and
NiceVer. If you've modified the actual name, update VersionStr,
and within <Copy of NewNetWeaponsv0_9>/Classes/ST_Mutator.uc,
you'll need to update PreFix to match the new name.

4) Modify the source code as you see fit.

5) I've included batch files to quickly compile your changes (Make.bat)
and compress the new files for redirect (Compress.bat).

To elaborate on point #1, in the zip there's System/Engine.u. That's the file you need to copy before you compile.

kr0m
03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
From NewNetv0.9-source.zip's README.txt file:

To elaborate on point #1, in the zip there's System/Engine.u. That's the file you need to copy before you compile.
I'm not so stupid, of course I opened the readme.txt and I did everything what was written therein :P
LoL ridiculous, now working :) I just copied NN_0_9-source\Engine.u to UT\System again and once again ... and it works now lol :)
Thanks, now I can do my "small changes".

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 05:15 PM
Ah. Well I used umake.exe so I don't have to manually somehow screw up compiling stuff.

TimTim
03-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Ah. Well I used umake.exe so I don't have to manually somehow screw up compiling stuff.
You'd have to use the System/Engine.u I provided either way. It's been byte-hacked to get around limitations with the engine disallowing assigning of constants that shouldn't be constants to begin with. Without the hack, certain features within UTPure wouldn't be possible/feasible without recreating the majority of the engine.

Higor
03-19-2015, 10:10 PM
certain features within UTPure wouldn't be possible/feasible without recreating the majority of the engine.
Be glad the EX_Let opcode doesn't check for CPF_Const variable assignment, to be honest I would have liked it that way so that UTPure would have never seen the light of the day.... nor UScript based cheats able to replace const variables.

TimTim
03-20-2015, 02:07 AM
Indeed. There are a ton of things that Epic could have done better back in 1999, but the fact that we're all still here because of what they created is a testament to how awesome it was. And what excites me about UT4 is that it has a much greater chance of getting things right from the beginning. :)

kr0m
03-23-2015, 10:19 AM
Timmy if changed ST_shockproj, NN_shockbeam - texture and its working, but on the server when opponet use them there are defaults, so I also neeed to change them in NN_ShockProjOwnerHidden.uc, etc ?

TimTim
03-23-2015, 11:51 AM
You'll most likely have to do that, but it depends on the weapon exactly. How are you changing them?

kr0m
03-23-2015, 12:32 PM
HMMM I will try it in that way and I will see how depends will be :D
The best is how ST_PBolt and ST_StartetBolt work I see changed mesh, texture, but when opponent shoots are invisible lol.
How? just in default properites { }, you can try it on the server, I can send you ip on pm if you want to look.

kr0m
04-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Yo TimTim as we talked on TS you told me to change in bbplayer.ucc last value return false to true in these functions ( I do not know if I did it correctly):

function bool xxCloseEnough(vector HitLoc, optional int HitRadius)
{
local int i, MaxHitError;
local vector Loc;

MaxHitError = zzUTPure.default.MaxHitError + HitRadius;

if (FastTrace(HitLoc) && VSize(HitLoc - Location) < MaxHitError)
return true;

for (i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
Loc = zzLast10Positions;
if (FastTrace(HitLoc) && VSize(HitLoc - Loc) < MaxHitError)
return true;
}

zzNotCloseEnough++;
if (zzbDebugger)
ClientMessage("******** NOT CLOSE ENOUGH x"$zzNotCloseEnough$" ********");
if (zzNotCloseEnough > zzMissLimit)
{
if (bDisableAutoKicks)
{
ClientMessage("Too many of your shots have connected when they shouldn't have.", 'UTPure', true);
ClientMessage("This usually indicates some kind of cheat, so you've been logged.", 'UTPure', true);
ClientMessage("If this continues to happen, you will be banned.", 'UTPure', true);
zzUTPure.xxLogDate("UTPureCheat:"PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName@"is making shots that shouldn't be possible.", Level);
}
else
{
ClientMessage("Too many of your shots have connected when they shouldn't have.", 'UTPure', true);
ClientMessage("This usually indicates some kind of cheat, so you've been auto-kicked.", 'UTPure', true);
ClientMessage("If this continues to happen, you will be banned.", 'UTPure', true);
xxServerCheater("CE");
}
}
return true; // [I]<-- here was false

}

function bool xxConfirmFired(int zzWin)
{
//if (Role < ROLE_Authority)
return true;
//ClientMessage("Confirmed:"@zzWin@zzFired[zzWin]);
if (zzWin < 0 || zzWin > 63 || zzFired[zzWin] <= 0)
return true; // <-- here was false
zzFired[zzWin]--;
return true;
}

Analyzing...
Parsing PureSystem
Parsing PurePlayer
Parsing bbCHSpectator
Parsing bbCHCoach
Parsing bbPlayer
C:\ICHAAA-\NewNetUnrealv_ver\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(1) : Error, Unexpected '´'
Failed due to errors.

NewNetUnrealv_ver.bbPlayer, Pass 0, Line 1) <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- MakeS
cript <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- MakeScript <- DoScripts <- UEditorEngine::M
akeScripts <- UMakeCommandlet::Main

Exiting due to error

Doesnt work :F
I looked at ST_UT_BioGel.uc and at the end in defaultproperties is Damage=0 maybe here is a problem why bio on the ground doesnt kill ?

I know that you do not have much time, but you know that it is not only for me, but for the whole passionateNW pug, so we need bio working properly with NN or without :) pls HELP !

TimTim
04-14-2015, 10:56 AM
C:\ICHAAA-\NewNetUnrealv_ver\Classes\bbPlayer.uc(1) : Error, Unexpected '´'
By doesn't work do you mean it doesn't compile? Did you accidentally hit your backtick ` key on line 1? That's what this compilation error says.

kr0m
04-15-2015, 04:52 AM
By doesn't work do you mean it doesn't compile?
Yes.

Did you accidentally hit your backtick ` key on line 1? That's what this compilation error says.
Nothing like that, but I've had before smthing like that and I do not know what is the problem.

class bbPlayer extends TournamentPlayer

TimTim
04-15-2015, 05:37 AM
Did you accidentally delete the semicolon after TournamentPlayer? There should be a semicolon at the end of that line.

kr0m
04-15-2015, 07:52 AM
Did you accidentally delete the semicolon after TournamentPlayer? There should be a semicolon at the end of that line.
Realy :) ? because it is not in any version of NN and it works, but when I change what you've told me, I get this message: Error, Unexpected '´'
Failed due to errors.

By the way returning to my changes in weapons, is already running, so I thought and like you answered to me, changes where also needed in classes - OwnerHidden :)

TimTim
04-15-2015, 09:05 AM
The semicolon is on the next line after "config(User) abstract" so never mind that. The problem though is that that's a backtick character somewhere that is preventing you from compiling. I'm betting it was added by whatever you used to decompile. What did you use?

kr0m
04-15-2015, 09:45 AM
The semicolon is on the next line after "config(User) abstract" so never mind that. The problem though is that that's a backtick character somewhere that is preventing you from compiling. I'm betting it was added by whatever you used to decompile. What did you use?
Timy yes, the semicolon is on the next line, but I do not change anything else in bbPlayer.uc, antything I changed just what you told me to these functions.
I use Start>RUN>cmd>cd c:\ut\system\>ucc make, realy I dont know what is the problem now :/

Igor
04-15-2015, 12:32 PM
I bet, you use text editor, which save files using UTF-8 encoding with ByteOrderMark in front. It's first byte looks like "`" in european-OEM encoding, which is natural for console. You don't see it, but it's present and is preventing file from compiling.
Solution: Try to resave file in ANSI encoding (using Notepad, for example).

Chamberly
04-15-2015, 02:04 PM
I get the same error as this guy about the bbPlayer. The only thing I can think of is the Engine.u which I'm not clear about.

kr0m
04-15-2015, 03:11 PM
I bet, you use text editor, which save files using UTF-8 encoding with ByteOrderMark in front. It's first byte looks like "`" in european-OEM encoding, which is natural for console. You don't see it, but it's present and is preventing file from compiling.
Solution: Try to resave file in ANSI encoding (using Notepad, for example).
Great post that is it, thanks man :)! saving bbPlayer.uc in ANSI encoding was helpful one more time thanks, you are my hero of the day ( btw. I opened it with Notepad :P ). From where do you know that o_0 ?
I had the same problem with recompiling other stuffs like liltweak, now I can try it again ! nice

Timmmy now I can test how bio works and if it works ! great :D :combo:
//edit
After tests it doesnt work, I can still running on biogel when is on the ground\walls and nothing happen :F im courious why in your ST_UT_BioGel (version 9_2 and higher) in default properites damage is set to 0?
In UT_BioGel damage is set to 20, hmmm

TimTim
04-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks Igor. Good ol' character encoding.

The damage provided via the bio's defaultProperties won't have any effect because you supply the values via the config.

kr0m
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Thanks Igor
The damage provided via the bio's defaultProperties won't have any effect because you supply the values via the config.

So TimTim do you have any other ideas/suggestions how to fix bio? Can I please bio without NN for this? maybe not now, but maybe in the next days.
http://i.imgur.com/GnYqXIQ.gif