Siege 0017 suggestions [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Siege 0017 suggestions

|uK|chiseller
03-04-2015, 07:52 PM
It's up on the pug server for anyone to try 162.248.95.129:7777 pass: ape
The download is kinda slow, grab it here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/SiegeIV_0014.7z) beforehand.
Keep in mind this is the default siege profile, nothing has been changed yet.

Objections and suggestions are welcome.

Krikor
03-04-2015, 07:54 PM
The jetpack. If its going to be a thing dont put in the same key as walk since its stupid

i could say fix the minigun but i guess its never gonna happen same with crouch abuse

Shiro
03-04-2015, 07:56 PM
remove protector and change the binds for jetpack , jump was okay. Buidable ape cannon refills in suplier ? , biobomb 250 pls. (overpowered as fuck)
fix minigun , noobs.

Higor
03-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Most of the changes on the default profile were made to encourage fast offensive play.

Let's make a balance between defense and offense.

Defense
- Protectors available, only 2000 HP (same as a mine), half the fire rate a SP, don't survive a nuke.
- ContainerX, way weaker than the XXL2g and only a limit of 4.
- Ape Cannon available, situationally good on spam maps, price increased to 750 due to being refillable (was 500).
- Ape Cannon no longer stops spawning in overtime.
- Guardian, cheap poison guardian that doesn't slow down enemies.

Offense
- Pulse Rifle price reduced to 750.
- Hyper Leecher build time reduced from 10 to 4, price reduced to 301.
- Protectors can serve as core finishers in maps where you can make teles above it.
- Dampener, you can now wipe out enemy defenses while totally inaudible.
- Mid grenade launcher (heavily nerfed)
- Mid Damage amplifier lasts 40 seconds.
- Mid spawner scales down spawn time by 15% on overtime.
- Door jammer, this is the end of gate based ANTIFUN tactics and a huge opener for long range leeching.

So,
You can now have games on maps like Mazon, Gateway, Braveheart, Ronsicos and Chasm without getting your base destroyed under the 10 minute mark.
Simplex, Coret, Niven overtime are no longer a worry, jam the door and you won't have nasty surprises while nuking.
You can ninja into an enemy base and destroy/leech a lot of stuff before being detected, Bluevember is one of the maps that comes to mind.
You have 10 more seconds to harm stuff with the damage amplifier.
The availability of the Guardian is a double edged sword, can help defend... or give huge amounts of RU to enemies.
More alternatives to attacking, you can end games on the 'mid' stage where nukes aren't the main destructive force yet.

Let's not mention the 0016 changes that:
- Grant global RU rewards handed out by the core RU generator, so a team benefits more from a ownerless supermine.
- Player-count scaling RU penalties to supplier spamming teams.
- Removal of containers and super containers will slowly grant all the players the RU invested to build it if a lamer removes it.
- Jetpack usable on high pingers, two modes easily remappable within the Options menu (walk, duck), no more bind hell.
-- PD: You can now reliably fly out of water/lava, etc because you don't have to double tap, think about that.

It is different? Yes, but not as much as you think.
Getting used to the jetpack takes no time and the hover function will allow you to easily navigate in straight lines where needed (hello BlackRiver).
The BioBomb is useless if there's a protector nearby, and besides it's already like this, no need to nerf the cost.
Change something, and you may end up with a profile where a handful of maps are unplayable... again.

PD: McSwartzly and HillForts are still a problem, haven't come up with something to deal with maps where the core is already in an almost unreachable position.

Shiro
03-04-2015, 10:52 PM
PD: McSwartzly and HillForts are still a problem, haven't come up with something to deal with maps where the core is already in an almost unreachable position.
emp bombs just in maps like this (SIMPLEX Q_Q)

Higor
03-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Mmmhhh... short range build disruptor?
It's like a permanent EMP... caused by a nearby device.
That could work, although with some changes to how EMP'd builds behave.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-05-2015, 01:27 AM
Minigun keeps the same? unfortunate =(

audiosonic
03-05-2015, 07:56 AM
How about super protectors taking you down to 50 hp instead of 10 hp? ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)

BONZ
03-05-2015, 08:29 AM
biobomb 250 pls. (overpowered as fuck)

Agreed, particularly on maps where basecore is enclosed with walls nearby (Azcanize, Mayak, etc.) the core absorbs the damage from all the sludge every time. And if you plant the biobomb well it will cause this damage anyway. It's become a big reason for maps finishing before 10 minute mark and needs either nerfing or making more expensive

Higor
03-05-2015, 10:26 AM
either nerfing or making more expensive
It needs re-balancing, and that has been done with the availability of Protectors.
You don't build one in 0017, you're asking to be biobomb'd.

RTG`
03-05-2015, 12:49 PM
( ° ͜ʖ͡°)

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

jay2
03-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Limit mines to 5 per team please.

|uK|kenneth
03-05-2015, 02:56 PM

ROFL

|uK|fleecey
03-05-2015, 03:09 PM

Don't mess with mines or I ban you.

Chamberly
03-05-2015, 04:41 PM

No, 8. :P

Shiro
03-05-2015, 06:07 PM
mine limits please , so this mine spammers cannot get nkklls and keep building mines the entire game .

Higor
03-05-2015, 07:50 PM
Quoting the other post:
(Mines have had a limit for months now)
(Also, a nice explanation showing how to use the 'SelectBuild' bind, regardless of how builds are arranged)

================================================== =======
Gameplay changes:

Mines now fully visible for own team.

Added 'OvertimeTimeScale' to item spawner rules, it will scale up or down the spawn timers for overtime.

Nuke Blast wave affects all projectiles instead of just other nukes.

Widened antigravity platform's push cylinder.
Antigravity platform now simulates clientside gravity effect at high pings.
Antigravity platform now contains a 10 engine-seconds self-repair timer (without taking damage).
- Repairs 100 energy per second.

Door Jammer (new):
Build a door jammer near a door or on a lift and force it to stay open.
The jammer must be attached to a surface.
- Build Cost: 175 RU
- Max Energy: 1000
- Takes 300% burn damage.
- Takes 66% protector damage.
- Low visibility
- Cannot be upgraded
- Build time: 4 seconds

Added "Wildcards" prefix to SelectBuild bind classes, now the following inputs are valid:
- SelectBuild SuperContainer (selects WildcardsSuperContainer)
- SelectBuild Container (selects sgContainer)
- SelectBuild DoorJammer (selects XC_DoorJammer)

== Nuke Launcher:
Fire offset changed from (18,0,-10) to (10,0,-8)
- Nuke spawns closer to the player's view.
- Should prevent most vanishing nukes bugs.
- Should also prevent most firing nukes through walls bugs.

== Grenade Launcher:
Has an additional mid spawn parameter (22)
- Adds 0-50 % ammo amount to a random grenade type except napalm.
- Addition occurs twice, and may happen on the same ammo type.

== Hyper Leecher:
Build time from 10 to 4.
Damage reduction to item (before picked up) from 50% to 67%.
Default cost from 350 to 301.

Changed some other default build costs:
- Ape Cannon: 550 to 750
- ASMD Pulse Rifle: 800 to 750
- Dampener: 150 to 125

Changes to default SiegePub profile:

- OvertimeTimeScale factor for item spawner set to 0.85
- ContainerX initial MaxEnergy changed from 5500 to 3750 (Container has 2000)
- ContainerX limit set to 4
- Super Protector limit set to 8
- Removed EMP launcher from build list
- Added Protector to build list with cost 125 (default 100)
- Added AntiGravity platform to build list.
- Added Utility category
- Grenade Launcher takes 20 spawns instead of 15 before being available via mid spawner.
- Grenade Launcher appears with the (22) ammo distribution variant now.
-- (20) Full Ammo
-- (21) Full Ammo for 1 type, random for other 3
-- (22) Random (0-50%) ammo for 1 type except napalm, rolled twice.
- Ape Cannon no longer stops spawning, takes 8 spawns instead of 4 before being available via mid spawner.
- Mid Damage Amplifier lasts 40 seconds (was 30)

0017 SiegePub Category distribution:

[CatIdx - BuildIdx - BuildName - Conditions]
For use with binds
- SetMode CatIdx BuildIdx
- SelectMode CatIdx BuildIdx (switches to constructor)
- SelectBuild BuildName

--- Fortification
4 - 0 - Container
4 - 1 - ContainerX
4 - 2 - SuperContainer
4 - 3 - Protector
4 - 4 - SProtector
4 - 5 - Guardian
4 - 6 - PoisonGuardian
4 - 7 - MiniShield
4 - 8 - ForceField

--- Supply
5 - 0 - Supplier
5 - 1 - SupplierXXL
5 - 2 - HealthPod
5 - 3 - HealthPodXXL

--- Special Items
6 - 0 - ItemShieldBelt
6 - 1 - ItemJumpBoots
6 - 2 - ItemSpeed
6 - 3 - ItemInvisibility
6 - 4 - ItemDamageAmp
6 - 5 - ItemDampener

--- Utility
7 - 0 - Booster
7 - 1 - SuperBooster
7 - 2 - Platform
7 - 3 - AntigravityPlatform
7 - 4 - DoorJammer

--- Weapons
8 - 0 - ItemLeecher
8 - 1 - ItemApe
8 - 2 - ItemAsmd
8 - 3 - Warhead
8 - 4 - IWarhead

--- Teleportation
9 - 0 - Teleporter
9 - 1 - ItemTelenetwork
9 - 2 - ItemTranslocator

--- Explosives
10 - 0 - Mine
10 - 1 - SuperMine
10 - 2 - ExpRocketCannon
10 - 3 - ExpMortarBomb
10 - 4 - ExpBioBomb

--- Suits
11 - 0 - ItemJetpack
11 - 1 - ItemSuperJetpack
11 - 2 - ItemToxinSuit
11 - 3 - ItemLavaSuit
11 - 4 - ItemScuba

|uK|kenneth
03-06-2015, 01:06 AM
the ones who are crying are the ones who are dieing.

|uK|chiseller
03-06-2015, 01:41 AM
dieding*

Only had a few minutes with it:

All the little optimisations are highly appreciated
New items add more complexity, can't hurt
Platform doesn't block tele anymore, though, the newly introduced anti gravity platform does
The jetpack is absolutely inconvenient in its default set up
Minigun still overpowered (lcweapons)

Chamberly
03-06-2015, 03:51 AM
Antigravity been on the server with Outworldholdbeta exclusive build, been around for awhile... afaik. The newest is door jammer.
Everything else is fine for me so far until I find something.

Not sure if this is weird or normal or what, the shrinker suit allow you to piston higher than usual. lol.

Repairing core command doesn't work for red core?
Alias[5]=(Name="RepairCore",Command="admin set %game%.sgbasecore energy 30000;close")
bah well that didn't work well but originally it does. Had to fix/update my binds. :P

BONZ
03-07-2015, 01:49 PM
You're a huge geek and I really appreciate all this new cool stuff, thank you. Someone may have asked this already but have you fixed ape cannon ammo being refilled by supplier?

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-07-2015, 10:29 PM
8 mines per player would be good...

Personally do not like the duck/walk bind to use jetpack its always been preferred to be binded to jump key.

Lastly ducking issue its still bullshit amsorry

Chamberly
03-07-2015, 11:19 PM
I don't wanna be a chicken I don't wanna be a duck so I shake my butt! Na na na na! :P

Oh yeah... b4 I even forget, HALP! Ppl raping servers with so many platform bridges! I can't join without having to turn off demo! (Usually a bit more after 600 channels cause demo crash.) & other who have high ping can't join the server. :P

Like this: http://i60.tinypic.com/pm2ok.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/2d8eux0.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/r2klm1.jpg

Lag rape.

|uK|fleecey
03-07-2015, 11:49 PM

Personally do not like the duck/walk bind to use jetpack its always been preferred to be binded to jump key.

When u r coming to Basel, I will punch your face.

jay2
03-07-2015, 11:53 PM

FIne.

I thought that at first but once you get used to it it's not bad.

The headshot thing? I agree.

Higor
03-08-2015, 12:22 AM
Well, global mine limit could go from 20 to 15.

|uK|fleecey
03-08-2015, 12:00 PM
The mine limit isn't going to happen.

Novak
03-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Higor

I have a few ideas to share.

For the EMP, make it so its effects last for 5 seconds before anything can be repaired. The old EMP was borderline effective at times because players could instantly repair a mine. The new EMP would not prevent new builds (mines) from being made after the blast initially goes off. EMP with these parameters and same blast radius as old solves the core access issues in Hillforts & McSwartzly, making those otherwise very enjoyable maps quite playable in siege with coordinated attacking.

The bio bomb is too cheap. I understand making it cheaper encourages its use but now the game can basically be ended in 3 minutes on one life to start or if nobody is baby-sitting the core and a protector happens to not be in place or gets killed, massive core damage can be done for very cheap. Upping the price to 200 or 250 makes this a riskier play. 150 bio bomb makes large RU return too easy.

I don't see any notes about the damage amp strength being changed. I remember Rays making a point not too long ago about how the buildable damage amp used to be much stronger than the mid spawning amp. When you pay 2500 RU to build a damage amp, it is supposed to be very strong. If I am not mistaken, if you double nuke a super container with the amp then it should die. It is very op which is why it costs 2500. A quantification of damage with the mid spawning amp as well as buildable amp would be appreciated.

Nice job with the other stuff. Door jammer should be interesting and hovering is a nice option with jetpack. Can't wait to see Octavian hovering over my base spamming rockets lol. Luckily I have a mean minigun to fend off those types of attacks.

--- Updated ---

jay2

Not sure if you were aware of these past threads, but want to give you an idea of what you are up against.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/next-evolution-3884/
http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/mine-limit-3885/

People love their mines here.

|uK|fleecey
03-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Higor

I have a few ideas to share.

For the EMP, make it so its effects last for 5 seconds before anything can be repaired. The old EMP was borderline effective at times because players could instantly repair a mine. The new EMP would not prevent new builds (mines) from being made after the blast initially goes off. EMP with these parameters and same blast radius as old solves the core access issues in Hillforts & McSwartzly, making those otherwise very enjoyable maps quite playable in siege with coordinated attacking.

The bio bomb is too cheap. I understand making it cheaper encourages its use but now the game can basically be ended in 3 minutes on one life to start or if nobody is baby-sitting the core and a protector happens to not be in place or gets killed, massive core damage can be done for very cheap. Upping the price to 200 or 250 makes this a riskier play. 150 bio bomb makes large RU return too easy.

I don't see any notes about the damage amp strength being changed. I remember Rays making a point not too long ago about how the buildable damage amp used to be much stronger than the mid spawning amp. When you pay 2500 RU to build a damage amp, it is supposed to be very strong. If I am not mistaken, if you double nuke a super container with the amp then it should die. It is very op which is why it costs 2500. A quantification of damage with the mid spawning amp as well as buildable amp would be appreciated.

Nice job with the other stuff. Door jammer should be interesting and hovering is a nice option with jetpack. Can't wait to see Octavian hovering over my base spamming rockets lol. Luckily I have a mean minigun to fend off those types of attacks.

--- Updated ---

jay2

Not sure if you were aware of these past threads, but want to give you an idea of what you are up against.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/next-evolution-3884/
http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/mine-limit-3885/

People love their mines here.

exactly, there was a poll and people didn't want mine limit. Stick with it.

|uK|kenneth
03-08-2015, 01:48 PM
the emp idea sounds stupid.
why are you trying to make nuking easier?
you are probably like one of the apes who keep dieing on mines.

--- Updated ---

btw on another note on bathroomsultimate if someone open the toilet and you piston up and when it closes you can jump out (with jump boots) is that allowed?

convict thought it wasn't allowed.

Chamberly
03-08-2015, 01:53 PM
btw on another note on bathroomsultimate if someone open the toilet and you piston up and when it closes you can jump out (with jump boots) is that allowed?

Normal... it was the boosters under the toliet's mover that made it not allowed... even tho the map has been fixed.
It's a v2 bathroom map.

Higor
03-08-2015, 02:56 PM

convict thought it wasn't allowed.

I fixed the map one year ago, it's on Chamberly's server.

--- Updated ---

if nobody is baby-sitting the core and a protector happens to not be in place or gets killed
That's because only a handful of Siege players understand what 'fixed defense' and 'ground controller' roles mean and assume it.
Unfortunately the 'bot hivemind' I started making for Siege in 0013 doesn't support bot roles and don't consider players as a part of them so it can't tell players where they're needed the most, would have been a nice addition for beginners.

--- Updated ---

PD: Let's first try the profile before jumping into conclusions.
I do predict that I'll make more maps viable, what may happen next can be tweaked.

Novak
03-08-2015, 03:06 PM
the emp idea sounds stupid.
why are you trying to make nuking easier?

Hillforts needs a jolt of something to get some play out of it. EMP on the enemy core roof would be perfect to be able to end it and make it playable unless you have a better idea.

|uK|chiseller
03-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Altering siege because of one or two lousy maps isn't the best idea.

jay2
03-08-2015, 05:45 PM
exactly, there was a poll and people didn't want mine limit. Stick with it.

http://puu.sh/gsdCe/6b59e5dd4e.png

It was actually pretty close.

Unlimited mines is op, imo.

|uK|fleecey
03-08-2015, 06:20 PM
http://puu.sh/gsdCe/6b59e5dd4e.png

It was actually pretty close.

Unlimited mines is op, imo.

close, but people voted and stick with it.

I remember when you only needed to make mines lvl 3 and people would die on it, now its lvl 4.. so somethiong changed, don't mess with mah mines.

Krikor
03-08-2015, 07:10 PM
sigh at siege

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-08-2015, 07:51 PM
5 seconds for emp effect is way too long... think about it. Theres too much you could do to an enemy's base I would say 3 to 4 seconds would be a much better balance. Lastly altering siege because a few maps arent playable isnt the right way.

Chamberly
03-09-2015, 01:12 AM
There is an add-on that you can edit map without having to edit siege. Which is cool. 8)

Novak
03-09-2015, 08:38 PM
5 seconds for emp effect is way too long... think about it. Theres too much you could do to an enemy's base I would say 3 to 4 seconds would be a much better balance. Lastly altering siege because a few maps arent playable isnt the right way.

The suggestion was for Hillforts and McSwartzly only, not all maps. I don't think I was clear on that. Especially Hillforts since that map is fun but never gets played because it's 3 hours each time. I understand the slippery slope point of view, however.

I never personally had a problem with the EMP anyway back when those changes were made. I was glad to see the nuke siren and motion alarm go. Neutron I was 50/50 on. But then again, I liked the spy suit, so you can laugh at me there. Too epic pretending to be the enemy for 3 minutes and then making a tele above their core or wherever.

--- Updated ---

There is an add-on that you can edit map without having to edit siege. Which is cool. 8)

Granular siege

|uK|kenneth
03-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I never personally had a problem with the EMP anyway back when those changes were made

^

--- Updated ---

Neutron I was 50/50 on.

^ 2easy to make normal nukes on some maps and neutron was the only way to destroy them. i really liked how it had an affect on players looking for a neutron bomb the last 5 sec of the game. i would like to see it comming back but with a lower radius.

Higor
03-10-2015, 02:39 PM
Something like the door jammer... but called EMP pulser lol.
Put it on a wall and I'll charge and pulse every X seconds on a small level based radius.

Whatever it's just ideas, let's see how gameplay evolves first.

Shiro
03-10-2015, 02:44 PM
what about testing them in the server for a week or smt , to see how it goes , emp needs to come back and end the 4 hours overtimes ..

|uK|kenneth
03-10-2015, 03:44 PM
and end the 4 hours overtimes ..

first place Neutron >>>> last place Emp

jay2
03-10-2015, 04:15 PM
first place Neutron >>>> last place Emp

When overtime happens certain new weapons should be enabled.

TimTim
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
When overtime happens certain new weapons should be enabled.
Give everyone a phallic bio rifle that shoots white goo in short spurts everywhere, but only after rubbing it vigorously for at least a minute, unless it's the player's first time using it.

:jackoff:

BONZ
03-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Give everyone a phallic bio rifle that shoots white goo in short spurts everywhere, but only after rubbing it vigorously for at least a minute, unless it's the player's first time using it.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the sexual undertones of the bio rifle. I once ejaculated a ball of goop that hit a female nuker, it was right in the doorway of simplex and the whole team saw me deliver the money shot

jay2
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM

Chimp would like it too much.

Shotman
03-10-2015, 08:15 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the sexual undertones of the bio rifle. I once ejaculated a ball of goop that hit a female nuker, it was right in the doorway of simplex and the whole team saw me deliver the money shot

I feel it is something that should be done for april fools.

jay2
03-21-2015, 12:53 AM
When will this build be on server?

|uK|fleecey
03-21-2015, 08:54 AM
When will this build be on server?

Probably when chis has time luls

HIGH[+]DEX
03-21-2015, 12:19 PM
come back neutron a couple takes a long time and get bored with neutron there is a possibility of it ends fast

Shiro
03-21-2015, 01:10 PM
FIX THE MINIGUN CHIS FAG

jay2
03-21-2015, 04:23 PM
FIX THE MINIGUN CHIS FAG

What's wrong with minigun? FIX THE CROUCH HS! And make a mine limit! *hides from fleecey*

|uK|chiseller
03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Fixing the mini is up to higor.
I'm probably not going to upload this version however. The jetpack is too much of a game breaker the way it's been implemented.
I meant to pm you Higor but I'm on the phone. Could you possibly change jetpack's flying button back to jump? If ppl want to change it let them do it manually in the settings but keep it on jump by default.

|uK|fleecey
03-21-2015, 05:02 PM
What's wrong with minigun? FIX THE CROUCH HS! And make a mine limit! *hides from fleecey*

The mingun is to OP and everyone knows it.

Higor
03-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Upload LCWeapons_0013 first then, given that it implements clientside prediction of positions, you'll start seeing:
- More usage of Rocket Launcher at higher distances.
- More ppl managing to use the guided rockets from the RL.
- More accurate Shock combos.
- Pulse Gun instead of Minigun on lower pingers.
- Biorifle defenders.
- Flak Cannon midfielders.
- Easier translocator usage on high pingers.

Real question is, can you handle the neo-apes with position prediction? :mj:

Banny
03-21-2015, 11:51 PM
If neutron is coming back I hope it would be tweaked/modified before testing it. I mean once it comes back, everyone is going to DM the entire game and within 7-8 minutes you'll have sufficient RU to make neutron ( by leeching too ofc ) and then bam all the normal nukes gone!! just what use to happen in simplex. It was fun but then ruined it to some extent aswell (Last second neutron is the game decider etc )

jay2
03-21-2015, 11:54 PM
If neutron is coming back I hope it would be tweaked/modified before testing it. I mean once it comes back, everyone is going to DM the entire game and within 7-8 minutes you'll have sufficient RU to make neutron ( by leeching too ofc ) and then bam all the normal nukes gone!! just what use to happen in simplex. It was fun but then ruined it to some extent aswell (Last second neutron is the game decider etc )

I enjoyed the emp gun tbh. Was fun negating peoples super prots and mines.

Chamberly
03-22-2015, 12:18 AM
Real question is, can you handle the neo-apes with position prediction?http://www.unrealkillers.com/images/smilies/mj.gif

Lmao.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-22-2015, 12:38 PM
can we fix the problem where when you make asbestos suit and belt and go into lava and suicide or die you spawn with the belt ANIMATION but have no added armor of the belt, its quite stupid yet could be disturbing to gameplay and no doubt people will abuse this if more knew about it. please address this Higor it seems to be an unintentional bug.

anyone caught doing this on purpose is getting lengthy bans be warned now shockwave and escobar

Higor
03-22-2015, 12:57 PM
That's... amazing.
Will take a look at what's causing it.

--- Updated ---

PD: It's still applying yourself a bright skin hack lol, game's not fun when you're 10 ppl's target.

Chamberly
03-22-2015, 02:20 PM
spawn with the belt ANIMATION but have no added armor of the belt

You sure it's not caused by Nexgen or some other added on mod? -nvm- I didn't see it in behindview 1 to test this.
Erm I saw it on blue side, the shield belt is standing there like snake left a dead skin in blue base. O.o I never got to make that error.
http://i58.tinypic.com/24lirk1.jpg like wtf is this lol admin login mode or something?

jay2
03-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Bump. Did you set jetpack back to jump higor?

Higor
03-25-2015, 02:52 PM
That's gonna require a new build...
I'm considering this system:
- Keep the same non-toggle bind code.
- Keep same netcode.
- Bind the button 'bExtra1' to Jump.
- Perform this check: if ( (POwner.bExtra0 == 0) && (POwner.bExtra1 != 0) && (POwner.bExtra2 == 0) && (POwner.bExtra3 == 0)) to turn the 4 buttons into 15 possible combos (0,0,0,0 doesn't count).
- When this combo is detected (only bExtra1 pressed), force Walk on player, Walk is sent to server and jetpack's new netcode will work just fine.

Sounds like an awsome idea.
PD: That code was an old idea originated from a 'hold spacebar to autobounce' lol, hey, I'm putting it to good use!

|uK|kenneth
03-25-2015, 04:13 PM
i ain't gonna change shit myself.

why change something that's been working perfectly fine for Years.

so stupid its like the same

as putting "upgrade" as right click on your mouse
and changing from category as left click.

jay2
03-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Let's get this bad boy on server.

i ain't gonna change shit myself.

why change something that's been working perfectly fine for Years.

so stupid its like the same

as putting "upgrade" as right click on your mouse
and changing from category as left click.

I agree that jetpack needs to be set to jump.

Higor
03-28-2015, 08:21 PM
0018 on Cham's server, just grab the .U file and correct this part of the Siege_xxxx.ini:

Remove the following lines (4 is Braveheart's spawner slot), the game will autogenerate the correct settings.

RandomSpawnerLocation[4]=(X=0.000000,Y=0.000000,Z=0.000000)
RandomSpawnerMap[4]=

jay2
03-29-2015, 12:14 AM
To admins:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y4tea1dbbrch5v/SiegeIV_0018.u?dl=0

Jetpacks works with jump.

Higor
03-31-2015, 02:24 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

|uK|chiseller
04-03-2015, 07:30 AM
Yes, Yes.
LCWeapon 14 as well as Siege 18 are on the ape server for anyone to try. 162.248.95.129:7777 pass: ape

Gave it a spin for a minute but everything looks good. Though, is it me or is the jetpack more shaky than usual?
Anyway, If no one has any major complains I'll upload it to the public (one of these days).

Higor
04-06-2015, 01:39 PM
The Siege package didn't show any issues, unfortunately we played using the Pug profile so no jammer test.
On the other side, LCWeapons...

|uK|kenneth
04-06-2015, 01:49 PM
doors are still fucked up tested it with danger today same builup.

Higor
04-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Why does this shit never happen on cham's server? ffs

jay2
04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
ETA? :)

Higor
04-21-2015, 12:00 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
04-23-2015, 01:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zXoFw5Q.jpg
fix this low texture quality nuke fx
set the textures for LODSet_None as like SS of maps

Higor
04-23-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm not the ape that made these textures lol.
But there should be a way to fix that without editing the whole sgUMedia package.

OuTlaW
04-23-2015, 05:28 PM
uhm don't really know where to post this thought this would be the one
http://i61.tinypic.com/352lu7s.png
i was spectating today's pug, this is how it looks in 1st person lol

Higor
04-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Looks like the server isn't using the UTPure or XC_Spec spectators

Chamberly
04-24-2015, 12:48 AM
UTPure or XC_Spec spectators

No UTPure, confirmed. Such tweak was used in the game. -.-

& yeah the screen did turn upside down as well so no xc_spec on that either.

Higor
05-02-2015, 05:15 PM
BTW has anyone thought about the idea of making Super Protectors not share an attack target?
This would force SP's to pick different targets, making legit SP's spaced out signal multiple attackers while making ANTIFUN clusters not insta-wreck whoever comes in sight.

EDIT:
With the exception of Teleporters, these should be able to be targeted by more than one SP.

|uK|kenneth
05-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Stop thinking fix burning!

SAM
05-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Higor

What's ready for upload?

Higor
05-08-2015, 12:02 PM
0017 base (SiegePub.ini very important)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/SiegeIV_0017.7z
0018 upgrade (jetpack and sgitem bug fixes under lava)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2y4tea1dbbrch5v/SiegeIV_0018.u?dl=0

LCWeapons_0011 (not new, but latest reliable and stable version, 0015 needs a lot of work first).
https://ut99.org/download/file.php?id=5620

Simulated swJumpPads no longer cause ACE kicks
XC_GameEngine and UTPure servers now remove client's "MUTATE GETWEAPON" binds
Colored shock now works in non-server sessions
Projectiles now have their old positions stored for LC subengine hit checks.
Impact hammer no longer requires EXM to simulate self-piston velocity on clients.
Added AlientAssaultRifle (AARV17) (only the arena mutator works)

SAM
05-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Anything done in regards the jetpack bind?

Higor
05-09-2015, 12:42 AM
Yes, that's a 0018 thing.

SAM
05-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Might it wait until release 18 then? No point confusing people between releases.

Higor
05-09-2015, 04:27 PM
18 is released, privately on chiseller's Ape server and Cham's servers.
I didn't pack it, that's it.

jay2
05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Let's get this pushed?

|uK|fleecey
05-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Can we please fix the minigun as it was

Novak
05-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Requesting a buildable or spawnable spysuit. :)

Fighting over a mid-spawn spy suit would be more than epic with the ensuing confusion. I don't ever expect to see it again but one can wish...

OuTlaW
05-11-2015, 04:59 PM
adding a team-beacon on whoever picks it up on your team side would be nice, though don't think bringing it back (as buildable) is a good idea..

Chamberly
05-11-2015, 05:20 PM
If they picked up the spysuit and isn't from my team originally, I'd like to f5 him still anyway until dead and don't have it anymore.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
05-11-2015, 09:33 PM
bnukedeco for teammates only!!! Higor

OuTlaW
05-12-2015, 01:54 PM
uhm one quick question, what color it changes you to on 4-way siege ?

Higor
05-12-2015, 03:36 PM
uhm one quick question, what color it changes you to on 4-way siege ?
Nearest enemy core.

OuTlaW
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Nearest enemy core.

uh, though it would be alot better to get to choose the color yourself, rather than going to 3rd person to check it

.seVered.][
05-12-2015, 08:31 PM
No, 8. :P

LOL, 8 really... make it 'adjustable' to the map size ... thank god @Higor (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1761) is a god .. we must commend his efforts with an HONARY admin position ...*wink

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
05-12-2015, 09:41 PM
dont allow build INTO minishield, or make a minishield around a build!
Is too bad be able to damage these builds only with splash damage weapons (rocket, bio etc)
Higor

Skarn
05-20-2015, 02:13 PM
hmm, how about a friendly team only bomb that has a 30 sec effect (on builds that are within range) of : 75% reduced damage on builds, 75% less build time and no damage taken when its building, after its built, the effect still stays on for reduced damage, but not the invincible effect, so you can upgrade it in time, and then the bomb will expire after the given time and the builds return to normal.. ya know for example when someone nukes the bathrooms mid conts and sp, you can raise them up more quickly with less consequences and losing ru. The bomb would aproximately cost around.. 1000 ru, but it should have a long time to explode because it can be killed asap if the team plans to spam RC's on the core and theyre practicly invincible during the creation time. What if it worked on players aswell.. hm. I'd call it the Shielding bomb.

SAM
05-31-2015, 07:39 AM
In my opinion - it would be best to hold out for 18 as it would create less confusion amongst the public apes

Higor
05-31-2015, 05:43 PM
0018 is already up on the thread, Chis's server and Cham's server.
Just install 0017, and put the 0018 U file on it.

jay2
06-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Is it going to be pushed yet? Waited forever.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-04-2015, 11:46 PM
@http://www.unrealkillers.com/f28/allowed-6128/index2.html#post92351

D-Nuke is shit imo

A new Anti enemy nukes suit should be added lol
but this Suit have to be visible for D nukers dont be tricked. 500RU for this suit would be fine.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-08-2015, 06:08 AM
AdRiaN;92352]A new Anti enemy nukes suit should be added lol
but this Suit have to be visible for D nukers dont be tricked. 500RU for this suit would be fine.

no more advantage plis.

tenks

Chamberly
06-10-2015, 11:53 AM
0018 is already up on the thread, Chis's server and Cham's server.
Just install 0017, and put the 0018 U file on it.

bump...

(This is the one you want Banny ;) )
With v15 LC.

Note: New server IP, so might wanna be aware of that. :(
New ip is in the sig.

SAM
06-13-2015, 09:18 AM
Updated:

Siege IV 18 + LCW 14

Higor
06-13-2015, 11:02 AM
LC 14 has a division by zero issue, you might want to update to this asap SAM:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/LCWeapons_0015.u?dl=1
Fixed bug with AARV17 setup.
Fixed bug where disabling prediction wouldn't take effect until players rejoined.
Maximum time frame prediction is now user defined (scaled down by game speed, def=110ms).
Fixed bug with position advancer, causing players to disappear (division by zero)
Position advancer is now processed (almost) last in the actor list, this fixes some positional bugs on players.

DontWorryBeHappy
06-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Was on a game a few minutes ago (Black River something).

I had weird performance issues with my CPU at 100% sometimes.

Did you replace any models? There were sudden slowdowns (<10 FPS from normally steady 60) when I watched in certain directions… I can't put my finger on it though.

|uK|fleecey
06-13-2015, 01:13 PM
LC 15 is up now
Still getting framedrops DontWorryBeHappy ?

/chis

DontWorryBeHappy
06-13-2015, 04:24 PM
No, no more framedrops.

But there are a few strange things I observed within the last game (McSwartzly):

* Things seem to "disappear" sometimes or do not appear at all (after building for example, but may be lag on my side?)

* Rockets loading but not shooting after button release (seems randomly) –The ammo decreases but no rocket models go out. This did not happen before I think. I remember because I blew myself up so many times and now not so often, lol.

* Player position prediction (is that what you're doing Higor?) seems very sketchy from my noob perspective. I didn't make a demo because the round was so much fun anyways. But you can see with your bare eyes that sometimes (often) position adjustments are being made very suddenly and erratically and aiming/predicting becomes useless in those situations. On the ramp in McSwartzly I defended, made mines and such, a lot of times the enemy came through or sometimes just "appeared" next to me. Vice versa this was also the case, when I attacked I often found myself behind the first defenders without having passed them. (I do not mean invisibility via the item.)

The erratic movement adjustments were observable only in very messy fights which means all the time on McSwartzly I guess.

I'm in a hurry, I will add to this if I see anything else.

I <3 Siege. Thanks for your efforts!

Higor
06-13-2015, 05:39 PM
* Things seem to "disappear" sometimes or do not appear at all (after building for example, but may be lag on my side?)
* Rockets loading but not shooting after button release (seems randomly) –The ammo decreases but no rocket models go out. This did not happen before I think. I remember because I blew myself up so many times and now not so often, lol.
This has some causes:
- Prediction moving projectiles ahead too fast before you notice (but you'd see them explode, hit walls, etc).
- Saturation on the game channel, capped by your net rate (is your netspeed on 20000 or higher?).
- Overall connection saturation, packet loss.
- Something's killing the projectile actors (99,9% unlikely unless you're tweaking or running clientside addons).

* Player position prediction (is that what you're doing Higor?) seems very sketchy from my noob perspective. I didn't make a demo because the round was so much fun anyways. But you can see with your bare eyes that sometimes (often) position adjustments are being made very suddenly and erratically and aiming/predicting becomes useless in those situations. On the ramp in McSwartzly I defended, made mines and such, a lot of times the enemy came through or sometimes just "appeared" next to me. Vice versa this was also the case, when I attacked I often found myself behind the first defenders without having passed them. (I do not mean invisibility via the item.)
Maybe the default MS cap for non compensated weapons is too high?
What's your average ping on the server?

LCWeapons has two prediction values, a soft predict for weapons that have compensation and a hard predict for weapons without it.
This is a sample of the LCWeapons.ini (default values)

[LCWeapons_0015.LCMutator]
bKickers=True
bSWJumpPads=True
bPendingWeapon=True
bWeaponAnim=True
bSimulateAmmo=True
bUsePrediction=True
bEnableMHhack=True
MaxPredictNonLC=150.000000
MaxPredictLC=50.000000

Game speed does affect the scaling inversely because it's way harder to predict movement at higher speeds so the actual values are being divided by the real game speed (1.1 hardcore * 125%)
So the actual time players and projectiles are being moved ahead are 109ms and 36ms.
If movements looks too weird I can decrease the cap from 150 to 130-125.

This version does apply config saving at the end of a match (provided the map isn't manually switched, or server doesn't crash) so it can be done without shutting down the server.

***(I should pin this for a general config megapost later...)

DontWorryBeHappy
06-14-2015, 04:16 AM
Thanks for your quick reply and for being thorough as usual!

I have nothing important to say though. The following are just some thoughts, ramblings.

-

Well, my average ping is around 100ms. When connecting it hovers around 100-1500ms for a few seconds. When Ace is done loading the ping gets more stable.

My netspeed is at the standard value (20000). Should I decrease it? Or increase it? Especially in high ping environments.

I found this on ut99.org in your LCWeapons (v14) thread: "Anti-speed hack prevents firing the weapon serverside if the client runs too fast or too slow" – Maybe that's what happened? I had a lot of ping issues in the aforementioned game round so maybe it's that.

If you mean "cheating" by "tweaking"… Well, Ace says I'm fine and I concur. The only addon I installed manually is XConsole :)

I will adjust the net speed value and try some more.

And yes, you should create some kind of explanation (also for non-developers maybe) so we can understand how all this works. And also IF and WHAT we should change in our configs if there are complications, etc.

The way I understand it movement prediction or even projectile prediction is just "wrong". I can't see how it could be accurate? To me it seems like the addon is "taking over control" over player movement, etc. But as I said, I don't wholly understand what you're doing, hehe.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-14-2015, 04:39 PM
rockets disappearing on me when someones right in front of me and ive physically hit them is insanely annoying

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Next version you can add on a black list on F3
Top nuke failer, and top bonus frag :D

DontWorryBeHappy
06-15-2015, 05:31 AM
I know, I'm a noob and all…

But my efficiency (frags vs deaths) has dropped from around 50% in most games to about 20% for the last 5 games of the new Siege.

Against some players (yeehaw and Monster for example) I stand no chance. Not only because they have better aim but because I CANNOT (I REPEAT, CANNOT) hit them properly anymore. Sometimes I fire a 6pack of rockets, hear the hit sound, they fly away from the explosion and nothing happens. No health decrease. Same for minigun which has become totally useless from my perspective. Same for shock rifle and of course the dreaded sniper rifle.

Yesterday on Clarion I emptied 200 ammo of minigun glory and I hit plenty (enemy got pushed, heard the sounds, etc). Enemy had 150 health all along and killed me by spamming the bio gun on SC...

I'm not complaining, really I'm not. It's just that this was NOT the case with the previous version. I simply do not know how to adapt to this :ape:

I will try to record some demos. Hopefully it's just my config that needs to be adjusted, namely netspeed. I guess it has to be since nobody else seems to have issues. Besides blaze's rockets disappearing as well if I understood your post correctly.

I like the antigrav pad though, it's nice for leech games and fun, lol.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-17-2015, 10:29 AM
same issue as you DontWorryBeHappy, I fire projectile/splash based weapons and nothing happens

Higor
06-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Changed both values from 50,150 to 30,125.

Since clientside projectiles are mostly simulated, they don't always hit players as they do in servers.
Would be nice to do something about that though...

DontWorryBeHappy
06-18-2015, 07:12 AM
On my end your adjustments have made a huge difference so far.

Could you perhaps enlighten me with the "correct" netspeed value? I changed it from 20.000 to 12.000 and it's better now. Any sweetspots that I'm missing?

Thanks again for your good work Higor

jay2
06-18-2015, 05:16 PM
I'm enjoying this build.

Scourge
07-01-2015, 03:09 AM
Suggestions FOR NEXT EDITION...

Inventory system -

Real simple. Look through what non-weapon items (especially for stuff like flashlight, etc) and suits you have equipped; drop, give, or upgrade in place (double cost of normal upgrade). Does not apply to metal, rubber, or shrinker suits.

----

MEDIC!
Two small buildings that may change gameplay up a little bit.

Nanomedical Bay
Category: Utility
Cost: 1200
Health: 14000
Upgrade cost: 500 (inc. 500 per level)
Description: Enables building healing gauntlets and recharges them when player is nearby. The higher the level, the faster the charge, and the higher the limit to which players can heal their teammates with gauntlets - 155 (L0), 160 (L1), 170 (L2), 180 (L3), 200 (L4), and 250 (L5). Health above 150 slowly declines, and declines with increasing speed the further from 150 it is. (Does not apply to players that pickup keg until a player with a health gauntlet heals them, which they will not be able to do until they are under the current medbay limit.)

Healing Gauntlet
Category: Special Items
Cost: 300
Health: 30
Upgrade cost: 20 (inc. 20 per level)
Description: Changes the player's repair player action. The player must have their constructor out in order to repair other players.

When the gauntlet is charged and equipped, and the player has the constructor out, the constructor gives off a green glow (as though player were amped, only green). Rate of repair is slowed to 1/2 speed and will only super repair for 80 hp up to limit if the player is aimed directly at their target when fire is clicked. Misses do not drain charge.

Super repair requires gauntlets to be charged, with each new level 0 gauntlet good for 10 repairs. Every 200 hp super repaired construes one point for the gauntlet player, and increases their streak count. Upgrades allow a slight, increasing (visible green) cone to line of sight so that you don't have to be directly aimed to repair, and also increase the max charge to 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20, respectively.

Running out of charge immediately returns repair to standard mode until the gauntlet is recharged at the medical bay.

Chamberly
07-01-2015, 03:19 PM
SiegeKeybinder for SiegeIV_0018!

SiegeKeybinderv4 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/6b4u0ttbr27tr6l/SiegeKeybinderv4.rar)

Don't complain if something don't work, I tried to ask some peoples to help and there wasn't much in return..
so say something if it's worth the change or fix. :P

jANOSIK
07-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Shieldbelt for 400ru sounds like a bad joke.

Chamberly
07-02-2015, 09:38 AM
ROFL I guess I missed that? But it doesn't take 400 RU to build a shield belt, it'll build whatever the server have with that RU.

jANOSIK
07-27-2015, 10:57 AM
ROFL I guess I missed that? But it doesn't take 400 RU to build a shield belt, it'll build whatever the server have with that RU.

I mean in pug server not in your keybinder