Banned for 300 games [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Banned for 300 games

Tempest
03-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Hello there.

I was banned a little while ago for 300 games from the Combogib server with the reason being "constantly dming in middle" during this match.

Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/combostats/?p=match&mid=109113)

Understand that its up to the admin's (I'm pretty sure it was jst2blond since she was the only admin I saw) discretion but I don't think I was constantly "dming" the middle. I'm fine with the 300 game ban since I don't play too often and I'm not so serious about UT, but would like some reason why I was banned because its not that clear to me given that I grabbed flags, capped, defended, and supported my team.

Thanks

Ps. I will say that I don't quite understand the idea of unacceptable "dming"...its kinda weird to me. It's like saying good defenders are "camping". I do think there are different ways to play CTF...people that are good at running the flag, people that are good at defending, areas that you want to control to ensure your runners have a good chance of making it back with the flag, chokepoints to try and defend, etc. If anyone focuses on one aspect (too much offense, too much defense, etc)...they're probably going to lose.

Jst2blond
03-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Hello there.

I was banned a little while ago for 300 games from the Combogib server with the reason being "constantly dming in middle" during this match.

Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/combostats/?p=match&mid=109113)

Understand that its up to the admin's (I'm pretty sure it was jst2blond since she was the only admin I saw) discretion but I don't think I was constantly "dming" the middle. I'm fine with the 300 game ban since I don't play too often and I'm not so serious about UT, but would like some reason why I was banned because its not that clear to me given that I grabbed flags, capped, defended, and supported my team.

Thanks

Ps. I will say that I don't quite understand the idea of unacceptable "dming"...its kinda weird to me. It's like saying good defenders are "camping". I do think there are different ways to play CTF...people that are good at running the flag, people that are good at defending, areas that you want to control to ensure your runners have a good chance of making it back with the flag, chokepoints to try and defend, etc. If anyone focuses on one aspect (too much offense, too much defense, etc)...they're probably going to lose.
Sorry dude wasn t me . Remember Jst2drunk~player from USA, it was Timtim, he forgot to put his name on ban reason, i have add it ( was pretty sure you were thinking it was me :) ). By the way, i was also here and yes, you were spamming too much in the middle even if no flagcarrier, which is bannable .
Just wait TimTim being less drunk to answer if he wants to ...

TimTim
03-12-2015, 12:44 AM
By the way, i was also here and yes, you were spamming too much in the middle even if no flagcarrier, which is bannable .
This. Every time I see you play Combo you vote Abreez and then DM middle for half the map when no flags are taken. The other half of the time you do play CTF which is why I've never banned you, but this time you were beneath the ledge of your base looking up spawnkilling and killing people on the sides when no flags were takenm no one was near your flag to take it, and our flag remained on the stand. This is too much. I gave you 300 because like you said, you don't play often.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-12-2015, 04:07 AM
https://youtu.be/95SYdjRVCR0

Tempest
03-12-2015, 10:34 AM
This. Every time I see you play Combo you vote Abreez and then DM middle for half the map when no flags are taken. The other half of the time you do play CTF which is why I've never banned you, but this time you were beneath the ledge of your base looking up spawnkilling and killing people on the sides when no flags were takenm no one was near your flag to take it, and our flag remained on the stand. This is too much. I gave you 300 because like you said, you don't play often.

Thanks...Actually, I pretty much never vote (unless its against andAction) and in this case, I didn't vote for Abreez either :). On that map, I didn't feel like I was DMing (its kind of hard not to shoot at people you see on such a small map) but I understand your view point. I don't think I normally act like a doucehbag but if you say so idk

Just out of curiosity...is a 300 game ban normal? I don't know how many days that is as I've never been banned before.

TimTim
03-12-2015, 11:10 AM
Actually, I pretty much never vote (unless its against andAction) and in this case, I didn't vote for Abreez either
It's probably just a coincidence, but almost every time I've played with you, the map is Abreez and then you leave immediately after. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just the pattern I based my assumption on.

I don't think I normally act like a doucehbag
You normally don't. I wanted to make it clear that it's against the server rules to do what you were doing, i.e., circle strafing beneath your ledge and fragging everything without moving forward when no flags were taken.

300 match ban usually lasts ~4 days, but I'll remove your ban this evening since you're obviously a reasonable fellow. :)

Tempest
03-12-2015, 12:46 PM
It's probably just a coincidence, but almost every time I've played with you, the map is Abreez and then you leave immediately after. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just the pattern I based my assumption on.

You normally don't. I wanted to make it clear that it's against the server rules to do what you were doing, i.e., circle strafing beneath your ledge and fragging everything without moving forward when no flags were taken.

300 match ban usually lasts ~4 days, but I'll remove your ban this evening since you're obviously a reasonable fellow. :)

Awesome, thanks! :)

Is it possible to add the rules as a sticky in this forum? Doing !rules doesn't work on the server for me :(

Jst2blond
03-12-2015, 04:23 PM
TimTim yesterday, still drunk ? Even your keyboard was drunk, remember typing like :"ErMMM, FLAW*šé/Less, grrr FalwLes*ss, arghhh FLAWWWWLESSSS...." : lol
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/drunk-and-my-friend-is-still-wingmanning-anchorman.gif

TimTim
03-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Hey I can type pretty good when drunk if I try hard enough.

https://i.imgur.com/WwoV3Y8.gif