bicycles don't have sleeves [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : bicycles don't have sleeves

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
I got banned for 200 matches for removing containers. Then tried to go on again and it added 100 more! WTF guys?
And I'll tell ya something. The reason I did it was because I am SO DAMN TIRED of getting teamswitched every time some tard hits !teams. I build and defend the base for my team, repair the core, and make a few kills, building my RU to build more stuff for my team, then BAM, I get a giant kick in the ass, and get put on the ENEMY team! I try to go back to my team and some ass hits !t again, and tells me to stay there! WTF? Pure frustration.
Plus, mini civil war map sucks anyway. But 300 maps? C'mon!

|uK|Sonic
05-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Everyone has to go through the same thing sometimes being switched teams depending on when they came into the server. You have to play by the rules or you will get banned or kicked. Why be an ass and remove containers just because your crying about being switched. If your mad just leave and come back later or else play right, simple.

lercs12
05-03-2011, 07:11 PM
that was happened to me more than once, its not cool that the super protector you build will now shoot you, and the forcefield that took soooo hard to get the RU for will now stop you, I think once or twice the mods or admins wait for me to make my stuff for then change my team =( but there is nothing you can do i guess, the best thing would be to leave the server or to get in spec and wait to get back in your team

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Yes, you are right Sonic. I did RAGE when I got switched, lost my mind and went apeshit with the remove tool.
I admit a "cooling off" ban was justified, but 200 maps?? I've read posts whining about 3 map bans, why the unholy number of maps? Actually, I think my rage was a culmination of the nights frustrations overall. I had lost connection a couple times, and didn't recover my RU during Bluevember, then got bounced between 3 different teams in quick succession, then here comes mini civil war, and I'm doing good, then all that work down the drain. So, I raged and removed conts, wanting to help end that map ASAP.

Any chance to rescind the ban and let me improve my attitude?

Oh, and if I try to login and check how many maps are left to the ban, it adds MORE! crap. I don't even reset my router and alias to play, like I know some people do.

I just like playing seige because of the strategy involved, not just mindless fragging all the time. I'm sure you've had a team that doesn't build squat, and you are left to build supp, conts and sp's, up the core, etc. and while the n00bs just frag and don't use their RU for anything. Of course, that's the team that will lose...heheh. Oh, and I *HATE* core-rushing to end the game right at the beginning of a map. There should be a time limit, like with the supplier, or RU limit where the core cannot be damaged until a certain number of buildings have been created. Does this exist? Can it be programmed? Sound like a plausible idea?

|uK|Sonic
05-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I did not ban you. Have to take it up with the admin who did.

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I *think* it said JD. Halp!

SilverWing
05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
=\ ... ill talk to him

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Thank you very much.

|uK|chiseller
05-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Luckily it wasn't me, I usually do perma bans for shit like this and no, your little whiny excuse wouldn't have changed my mind.

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Luckily it wasn't me, I usually do perma bans for shit like this and no, your little whiny excuse wouldn't have changed my mind.

That doesn't make sense to me. You've never had a momentary lapse of reason? Never make a mistake? So only perfect people can play? I would think going around permabanning people for "shit like this" would eventually turn your server into an empty shell, with only uk players on it. (look! there goes a tumbleweed!)

I can understand a permaban for stuff like botting, and for repeat offenders, but seems a bit harsh if the person actually takes the time to explain their actions, and asks for a second chance. Permabanning someone only takes away the possiblity that this player can learn and become an awesome asset to any team they are on (on the server in question).

So why the hard line?

SAM
05-03-2011, 09:31 PM
I think some leniency is due this is his first time?

CadaverJuice
05-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Don't get me wrong...I'm not "begging" or "whining" to get my ban lifted, just trying to reason out the whole length of ban thing. And also trying to suggest ways to "keep the peace" on the server when anuses come in and just do whatever they feel like. A slap on the wrist and a kick in the pants may suffice for some, where chopping off their heads may be the only answer for some.

I have to go to work now anyway..haven't won the lottery yet.

|uK|chiseller
05-03-2011, 09:51 PM
If only perfect people were allowed to play, I'd be the only one playing.
In all seriousness, no, I never went ape shit and tried to kill the fun for everyone on the server. In fact, the majority of people play by the rules. So, rather than turning into an empty shell, the server is more likely to prosper by the removal of people with the "momentary lapse of reason" syndrome.
On top of that, removers are usually repeated offenders.

As I said, your whiny excuse isn't good enough, you didn't even bother to apologize. Goes to show how much you learnt from it.

$carface
Let JD decide IMO; meaning 200 matches.

mostro
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
that's why i don't build too many nukes... hate to lost them when i'm switched... and i suck at nuking on some maps i rather give them...

what's leniency? no you've got me scar...

poor cadaver, my personal opinion is that the punishment was very strong

SAM
05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Chis, I'm not over riding anyone's decision. I never do that. If it's someone's ban then it's their ban and the admin who banned should deal with it. I was not there, I don't know and didn't see what happened. Just in my books 200 or 300 is a little harsh.

@mostro: Leniency means to not be so harsh the opposite of what you described as strong punishment.

Cadaver, don't take this personally. Recently, I've personally had to deal with botnet floods, hack attempts and alot of other things. We've also been dealing with constant team removers, people who come in just to team remove so yeah we are really clamping down on it right now. However, in my opinion and this is just that, established regulars should be seperated from the ones that come in just to remove i.e. tiririca, "uk chronox" (fake one) toma, tommy etc

mostro
05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
@scar thanks

CadaverJuice
05-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Recently, I've personally had to deal with botnet floods, hack attempts and alot of other things.

Is this possible backlash from past bans? Someone banned a script kiddie or two and they're sitting in Mommy's basement aiming LOIC at ya?

SAM
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Possibly backlash from a ban but unsure whether past, current or recent.

CadaverJuice
05-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Ban still going on...only 230 more games...:( So if it was like 3am Tues when ban happened and it was 300..that means I won't be able to play until my next birthday. Oh yeah, it's my birthday today...:)
http://i51.tinypic.com/95ttfo.jpg

B|iss
05-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll lift the ban...
JD will understand.
You seem polite and calm person rather than all those whiny "omfg i got banned" types.

Just watch out next time ok? Just go with the flow even if you're switched. Admins are always watching.
and happy birthday. :)
You should be out with your friends to celebrate rather than playing ut anyway :P

mostro
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
that's really mature Bliss man, congrats!!!

happy birthday Cadaver!!!

CadaverJuice
05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I'll lift the ban...
JD will understand.
You seem polite and calm person rather than all those whiny "omfg i got banned" types.

Just watch out next time ok? Just go with the flow even if you're switched. Admins are always watching.
and happy birthday. :)
You should be out with your friends to celebrate rather than playing ut anyway :P

Thank you for the ban lift and the BD wish Bliss! And yes, I'm going out tonite. But first...SOME SEIGE!!! :)

SAM
05-04-2011, 09:57 PM
YAY CADAVER lol

JD
05-05-2011, 01:42 AM
cadavar dont remove 5 containers and expect not to get in trouble, as i recall u were on that team and u did not build any of those containers...... i think u removed all of pius's stuff and it kind of ruined the game as i had 1500 ru then it jumped down to 1200 since the max changed.......

|uK|Anthrax
05-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Cadaver is dead !

JD
05-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Also reason why i extended it is because it completely ruined the game.... im top player on team and to see someone ruin that kind of sucks..... get what i mean?? not being egotistic but yeah, 300 may have been harsh, sorry for that but its removed now lol

<|Pius|>
05-05-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah it was all my shit he removed. |uK|Minicivilwar. Anyway, I think there should be routine bans for shit like this, i.e. 50 maps for removing (first time), 150 maps for removing (second time), 300 for removing (third time) and perm ban for any removals after that. I really do think 300 was a little harsh, I remember getting banned for 50 maps for my little bro removing and that sucked. He doesn't play UT anymore.

CadaverJuice
05-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Cadaver is dead !

cadaver
— ca·dav·er
: a dead body; especially : one intended for dissection

juice
\ˈjüs\
the extractable fluid contents of cells or tissuesl : the natural fluids of an animal body : the liquid or moisture contained in something

Yummy!

|uK|Anthrax
05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
cadaver
— ca·dav·er
: a dead body; especially : one intended for dissection

juice
\ˈjüs\
the extractable fluid contents of cells or tissuesl : the natural fluids of an animal body : the liquid or moisture contained in something

Yummy!

Really? :O

<|Pius|>
05-06-2011, 06:31 AM
yeah man, for some reason I think it'd be green juice...but it'd probably be red.