PDA

View Full Version : 3 people using a player name

|uK|kenneth
03-14-2015, 05:32 PM
k as we speak using a no name is bannable shoudn't this be 2?
in my opinion this is just trolling. lets see what you guys think.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2gtxnae.jpg

Jst2blond
03-14-2015, 05:51 PM
As we talk on this thread, http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/player-12-server-right-now-woot-bot-5811/, i agree with kenneth, using blank or anon name is boring . I was on spec as you can see, i have manage to rename all of them .
Bulgarian player and uk ones are used to it . Always play together, i have rename them as tom & jerry ( they have used this nick once ) Is UK one darkshaihulud ?...and mexican one is a -=Rp player, (Cesar) . Uk and Bulgarian ones generally accept the new name but Rp one always disconnect then enter again with random player number....boring .
Dunno if we have to make a poll but disable anon name is probably a good thing .Is it that pain pick a name ?
Just a sample below 4 anon player + a dot :)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/621645Shot0031.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=621645Shot0031.png)

TimTim
03-14-2015, 06:09 PM
The same few people have been gathering together to do this over the past few weeks, at least. It probably isn't doing much harm unless there's some ulterior motive or long con going on.

tom & jerry
Two peas in a pod right here lol.

Higor
03-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Would be nice to have a nexgen plugin that sets the player's name to the last used one if it starts with "Player", detection based on NexGen id

|uK|fleecey
03-14-2015, 10:09 PM
shouldn't be a rule for having players name, we cant force people to change their name...

|uK|kenneth
03-14-2015, 10:19 PM
shouldn't be a rule for having players name, we cant force people to change their name...

then why is using a blank name bannable? just sayin.

Chamberly
03-15-2015, 01:24 AM
then why is using a blank name bannable? just sayin.

Only the blank one is bannable because of mess up and accident bans occur.

Or set up something so the player will have random pun names. Pink Tutu... Big kid now... etc lol

abc
03-18-2015, 03:46 PM
Just to point out, the name is sometimes reset to Player by demomanager.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-18-2015, 04:03 PM
true. Precisely why they should change it before going online

Jst2blond
03-18-2015, 04:32 PM
Indeed but those are used to play like that .... even if i manage to rename them, they disconnect and remove it .
I vote for a random name instead of a player number . I mean why can t we rename them automatically with names as " president's name", "different kind of food" "animals" and so on...

Chamberly
03-18-2015, 04:51 PM

I highly doubt it. I've been using demo manager over 2 years for now and my name was NEVER changed by demo manager, Not Even Once! The primary use of demo manager is to restart UT before you connect to any online server anyway.

~~D4RR3N~~
03-18-2015, 06:04 PM
I highly doubt it. I've been using demo manager over 2 years for now and my name was NEVER changed by demo manager, Not Even Once! The primary use of demo manager is to restart UT before you connect to any online server anyway.
Lucky you. Demo Manager ALWAYS does that to me :/

TimTim
03-18-2015, 08:58 PM
Lucky you. Demo Manager ALWAYS does that to me :/
Same here. I think it has something to do with certain settings when playing the demo.

Chamberly
03-18-2015, 11:16 PM
The use of demo manager is pretty easy and I don't know what would be causing the player name switch. What exactly did you do to obtain the player# name? Just reconnecting to the server without restarting UT? :P

TimTim
03-18-2015, 11:36 PM
I used to not have that problem and never saw it before. It started fairly recently. It's probably somehow related to some new or updated mod/mutator. Only things I can think of are that I updated XConsole on my client and put XC_Engine and XC_Spec on the server.

Higor
03-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Demos resetting my name and skin?
Nearly 80% of times, even from pre demomanager times.

The flaw is in the main engine and not UDemo

utbusta
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
The only time my name changes to Player"" is when I lose connection to server and try to reconnect right away

Jst2blond
03-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Can we do something ? It getting boring and i have also someone who ask if player new clan ? lol
Some doesn t like that i rename them....it seems it happens mainly @combo server, and some thought it is an easier way to lame as a anon . Force to wear a name isn t that bad imo ..

Before ; 4 anon players

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/809438Shot0054.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=809438Shot0054.png)

After, but -=Rp cesar and typeR leave because...beh i dunno why....

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/687893Shot0055.png (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=687893Shot0055.png)

BiGbOsS
03-19-2015, 06:53 PM
Demos resetting my name and skin?
Nearly 80% of times, even from pre demomanager times.

The flaw is in the main engine and not UDemo

This x100

We used to watch ALOT of demos over at the bt scene. It is common for demo's viewed through any medium via UT to reset the name and sometimes the skin as well. Are you seeing a lot of Othello's running around with the name player? That could be the reason lol. Sometimes only one or the other will reset.

The names look pretty deliberately named in the screen shots you posted above Jst2blond. I could see how that might be annoying via an admin's perspective.

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 06:55 PM
I'll start using Player1 names.

:troll:

Jst2blond
03-19-2015, 08:07 PM
The names look pretty deliberately named in the screen shots you posted above Jst2blond. I could see how that might be annoying via an admin's perspective.
It means ? Are you talking about Tom & Jerry ? they used to play like that before so ....they are both 2 BT players, you probably know them . Recently play as LazySuzan & LazyAlbert :)
I never deliberately rename them, always use a know one they are use to be seen on server ...
As i could rename you as queequeg or doppelganger :)

--- Updated ---

I'll start using Player1 names.
If i see you like that : i will rename you as "MyLittlePony"

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 08:30 PM
If i see you like that : i will rename you as "MyLittlePony"

http://trolledbot.net/pix/1492.jpeg<3

BiGbOsS
03-19-2015, 08:43 PM
It means ? Are you talking about Tom & Jerry ? they used to play like that before so ....they are both 2 BT players, you probably know them . Recently play as LazySuzan & LazyAlbert :)
I never deliberately rename them, always use a know one they are use to be seen on server ...
As i could rename you as queequeg or doppelganger :)[COLOR="Red"]

I meant that it definitely does not look like they are people who are accidentally having their names changed to "Player" by a demo manager or other means. And if you were trying to track a specific player, it could be hard for an Admin to really figure out who is who. That is what I meant lol.

Yes, I used to have a thing for aliasing, especially on BT servers. Doppelganger is my actual login name on the i4g site because "BiGbOsS" was already taken. Queequeg is a name of a character from a book that I am fond of. I decided to stop aliasing and just use my real name a couple of months ago lol. I used to alias so much that I could not even remember if a specific name was an alias that I played under. I used to just look for random things on my desk like "wallet" or "sandwich" and use those as names.:hide:

Chamberly
03-19-2015, 09:02 PM
I only renamed a player if they requested it. Like Woody whom play in Siege, he have a problem with his UT set up because it only keep going back to Player# so whenever I'm on, he ask and I'll set him up with a name and it stay until he restart UT or crashed. In this case seem to be a OS / client permission problem but never got around it directly to stop it.

Or in BT if we're playing team play map like DoubleVision-II, we'll go by the nick of Yourname/Theirname for best time cap coordination of help from another player because it's how the map was designed.

But mainly a lot of reason why you see a lot of Player name because the server didn't time out the client's activity on time when they try to reconnect to the server ASAP (they happened to be kicked from the server from whatever the cause, crashed, timed out, lagout, etc.) When they connect to the server, the server automatically set them to use the player name, and sometime, default skin because the current name is in use. Nexgen/ACE/engine is somewhere in the mix of this for slow response of timeout, so if you been on IRC - as an example, and you had to reconnect due to timeout, you noticed your nick changed with an added underscore_.

I'd leave it alone. They might have the original nick back once the server switch to the new map unless they were forced to the one to use. Some players doesn't appreciate this and will try to hide because they want to be left alone and play normal. We really don't have to do a big witch hunting here. Some will leave because of whatever reason, probably wrong name or doesn't appreciate drama that follow the nick they use.

Higor
03-19-2015, 10:07 PM
He is correct, demo reset also changes your skin to a default one (which may depend on UT language) but it is generally Othello (without HUD face, unless you're playing on the Siege server).

UT-Sniper-SJA94
03-20-2015, 02:05 AM
I used to just look for random things on my desk like "wallet" or "sandwich" and use those as names.:hide:
That's what I do when I try new inis, I've used loads of random names lately because I've been really ill and had a cracked rib from coughing so much, I just wanted the cookies to reset because I was useless and was getting half the frags as normal on some maps.

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-20-2015, 09:34 AM
its hard to track dickheads that use the player name also

ban these fools!

Jst2blond
03-20-2015, 08:27 PM
its hard to track dickheads that use the player name also

ban these fools!
We have to write a rule ...

Chamberly
03-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Banning player names? Wow we're gonna have an almost empty server!