PDA

View Full Version : RU reward experiment.

Higor
04-28-2015, 11:08 PM
Quoting an old change.
Will temporarily enable this until the weekend unless there's objections.
Should deal with those frag-only kind of players and ANTIFUN practitioners, and encourage everyone to target them!.

Changes from 0014 and on.

Alternative RU reward system per kill.
Can be enabled in SiegeGI's bEffBasedRUKill and RU reward will work like this:
- Suicide => -50 RU, -1 to spree counter.
- Kill => 20 + Enemy Eff/2 + Enemy Spree * 5. Enemy spree reset to 0.
- Team Kill => Same as above, but negative, spree not reset.

This mode encourages killing campers and high spree players while reduces the RU generated from killing walking leeches, aka noobs.
Examples:
- 30% eff, 2 kills = 45 RU.
- 80% eff, 15 kills = 135 RU.

- If a kill happens to be considered a 'supplier kill' spree count increases by 3 instead of 1, making the RU reward on said player higher.
- Players victim of kills classified as 'supplier kill' will not lose 10 RU.

Chamberly
04-28-2015, 11:19 PM
weekend

Man everything on weekend nowadays... just screw you. :P lol

Gotta try this out. It's gunna b good!

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
04-28-2015, 11:22 PM
really? why skill in siege now?
You are a good killer, the enemy team will get a lot of RU killing you!!!
If a player can get easy RU with frags, this is the merit of his ability, this system makes all this ability useless! Therefore, it make up your skill in a negative way!!! The better you are, the more advantage the enemy have?

all have strengths and weaknesses.
Tatics, building, nuking, fraggin, attacking, leeching...

and we need to practice to get good in each!!! If a player is a good fragger, he trainer for this (you all can have sure!!! Some many hours training combos, sniper etc alone or just against bots)
All this hard work for what? For a new system make all this train useless by a system that transforms ability to privileges for the enemies?

pls...
(bad fraggers will thank you for this injustice)

Higor
04-28-2015, 11:41 PM
Never did a live test and I wonder how much RU a single player can give lol.
It is still a sort of rubberband mechanic (bad in most cases), hence the 'experiment' thing.

It's probably a bad thing on the %eff thing, maybe doing this only on sprees would be fairer?
Given this thread is open for discussion (unlike the journal), this is a good place for opinions.

**prepares turtle shell to hide in when the shitstorm begins.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
04-29-2015, 12:04 AM
It's probably a bad thing on the %eff thing, maybe doing this only on sprees would be fairer?

yes imo

This system will harm ALL players with "frag skills"
sincerely, most of games i have more than 70% eff, but anybody see a problem in my game style? I trained a lot for get skills, and everyone can do this! Maybe i have good aim, but i'm not a lamer player.
DM players really should suffer some kind of punishment (killers speed, Cannon BT GOD, Dub etc...), but many players, that play siege on right way, focusing on destroying the enemy core will be affected with this system!

Attacker (not DMers or campers) with good aim always has high eff... Camper/DMers most of times has high eff and ultra high sprees... then, make a spree RU compensation is not SO bad, but not fair yet.

35 + eff/4 + Spree*Spree*5 would'nt be better?

CHIMPA - 25% eff, no spree (0)= 41 RU
ATTAKCER - 70% eff, killing spree (1)= 56 RU
SPEED CAMPER - 80% eff, godlike (5)= 170 RU

Higor
04-29-2015, 12:51 AM
That formula is indeed much better, will use that for 0019.

jay2
04-29-2015, 01:12 AM
Poor Chimp.

Yash
04-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Players victim of kills classified as 'supplier kill' will not lose 10 RU.

Sounds good

|uK|kenneth
04-29-2015, 11:54 AM
http://media.salon.com/2014/12/dick_cheney_mtp.jpg

Krikor
04-29-2015, 10:15 PM
please dont apply this thank you

[R]^Osyris
04-30-2015, 02:47 AM
please dont apply this thank you LoL i will start play Monster hunt hahahha

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
its stupid to give more ru for someone who has a better eff or spree. pretty much how I always say when everyone targets me or chis or the better players all the time because we magically give bonus RU

the older siegers will know about this

jay2
04-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Interested concept but it punishes players for being good. Cannon experienced that.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-30-2015, 03:00 PM
Interested concept but it punishes players for being good. Cannon experienced that.

cannon didnt experience that not really no. i understand your butt buddies with him and also with higor but if you also continue to cause problems here there will be issues.

Moko
04-30-2015, 05:59 PM
The main point of siege is to kill the core not people, whether you frag or not isn't really the point. I've seen players who had less than 20 kills with 300+ points after 20 or 30 minutes because they attacked core and build things. Siege is a strategic game not death-match. That being said you need people to defend which is killing, and when you are attempting to ninja the other base you are gonna die unless you kill other people to get there. The goal is to kill the core not get 300 frags; Frags really are only for getting to where you need to go and stop others from going there before you do, that's it. I personally think because this is a server where people aren't as competitive and they play more "for fun" than anything else this isn't a very good idea. If they see a player like Chis, Blaze or Moskva just to name a few who get lots of kills and have 5X the RU they're going to not only cry but they won't understand why they (better aimed people) get more RU because of language barrier and people are just dense as a rock sometimes. And aside from that if people understand more kills means more RU you're going to have a death match in mid and overtime for 4 hours because they want a lot of RU that they don't know how to use anyway building more dumb things like a super booster on the super supplier. (I still cringe over that one)....So yep, the idea would be good if half the people weren't such immature babies who cry over useless things like "he got more kills than me mommy! BAN THE BAD MAN T^T!" ...or, "OGOD HE KILLED ME TWICE IN A ROW---AIM BOT!!!...stupid things like that. I mean really...Since I've been more active I would like less irritation so that's what I think! xD

Higor
04-30-2015, 06:48 PM
"he got more kills than me mommy! BAN THE BAD MAN T^T!"
We talking of Blaze here?

audiosonic
04-30-2015, 08:40 PM
The reward for killing a good player = that he's dead , no need for these shenanigans. If you want to reduce fragging make kills give less RU not more, or better yet make shp/ss only refill your hp to 150/150 ONCE ;^).

Attackers get rewarded, defenders(pulse+minigun spammers) get punished.

~~D4RR3N~~
04-30-2015, 10:36 PM
or we leave shit like it was before?

Higor
05-01-2015, 12:28 AM
or better yet make shp/ss only refill your hp to 150/150 ONCE ;^).
That idea with some modifications (applied immediately on respawn) is what was used in ONS/WAR gametypes in UT3, wasn't half bad considering you wouldn't waste time going into a weapon locker.
It did make the game flow better, but of course we're talking of 4 weapons and no HP/armor bonuses.

or we leave shit like it was before?
It's always cool to experiment with something new, would agree that maybe this isn't the best of things (at least the current formula, adrian's is far better).
On the other side, 0018's supplier spam punishment is something I'd like to try out ASAP.

Chamberly
05-01-2015, 01:48 AM
On the other side, 0018's supplier spam punishment is something I'd like to try out ASAP.

& punishment for those who stay in there too long to hide/camp in it? xD :P

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-01-2015, 05:52 AM
please continue, some big shocks coming :)

|uK|Rays
05-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Freeze's idea is actually really interesting and I'd like to see it implemented even if it's only for a test run.

Krikor
05-01-2015, 10:24 PM
The reward for killing a good player = that he's dead , no need for these shenanigans. If you want to reduce fragging make kills give less RU not more, or better yet make shp/ss only refill your hp to 150/150 ONCE ;^).

Attackers get rewarded, defenders(pulse+minigun spammers) get punished.

It doesnt sound that bad except for the no refill lol

But hey this cant be implemented at all when overpowered shit minishield give 1 ru per rocket shot

Higor
05-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Freeze's idea of fast supply matches and old concept which was a combination of ideas of mine and Scourge back then.
That gametype consisted on a having a completely different HP restoring system and one-hit supply builds where you'd be able to select up to 4 weapons to resupply, plus stronger versions of the weapons being available as you amass huge amounts of RU.

It does change the game completely though, making it more ground fighting oriented and forcing you to actually take and attack certain points of the map where it's easy to build and send attacks from.
Not really a suitable gametype for anything below 10 players unfortunately, and less maps are fit for it.
It is kinda necessary to add an artificial delay to defenders that respawn so they don't take out attackers too easily, or we'd end up with yet another gametype with a no-backshooting or no-dming rule.

About the actual RU given... wouldn't be a bad idea to include as a customizable option in the siege profile the amount of RU per kill, and the leech factor on normal builds.
That way it'd be possible to change those variables without recompiling the mod.

|uK|Rays
05-02-2015, 12:09 PM
oki so it won't happen thx.

NJ.
05-20-2015, 10:59 AM
maybe it makes the game play more attractive for non (less) skilled players thats probl the thought about it.

I think this will work out in a more selffish less nicer game play ( no team play) but we will see

Put more insta in it then i will find that 80% guy ;-) (who's that?)

Scourge
07-01-2015, 12:23 AM
Quoting an old change.
Will temporarily enable this until the weekend unless there's objections.
Should deal with those frag-only kind of players and ANTIFUN practitioners, and encourage everyone to target them!.

Don't forget to put a huge bounty on those transpacking noobs.

Kate*Bush
07-04-2015, 05:47 PM
Привет, я не пойму одного - вы что, читаете персональные сообщения ?!
Тогда "честь и хвала вам" !!!

Вот эти все "друзья" , входящие, исходящие - с кучей странных подпунктов..
Ребетя, я извиняюсь, но не хуйня ли это ?!

"Я долго силился понять, как ты могла меня отдать на растерзание вандалам.." )))
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
Hi, I do not understand one thing - that you, reading personal messages?!
Then the "honor and praise to you" !!!

Here are all the "friends", incoming, outgoing - with a bunch of weird sub ..
Rebet, I'm sorry, but no garbage it?!

"I have long struggled to understand how you could give me at the mercy of vandals ..")))

~~D4RR3N~~
07-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Kate*Bush wat

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-04-2015, 08:46 PM
You really need to find a better translator.

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-07-2015, 06:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3H0CCjl.jpg

RTG`
07-07-2015, 10:20 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3H0CCjl.jpg

Bad hair day blaze? You need to be more cautious when you make selfies....

|uK|kenneth
07-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Bad hair day blaze? You need to be more cautious when you make selfies....

ROFL!!!

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Bruh