PDA

View Full Version : CTF-Coret3vs3 is Fixed

|2ambo
05-19-2015, 03:47 PM

I opened up CTF-Coret3vs3 and fixed the hole everyone falls into. Thats it! Maybe an admin could replace it with this one. In case someone doesn't know about it, if you stand to the left of the lower blue base entrance,(Right before the opening doors) on the ledge, you will fall in a hole and cant get out.

|2ambo

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-19-2015, 04:02 PM
What about the bug that happens some times were player models are frozen at the spawn points?

~~D4RR3N~~
05-19-2015, 04:03 PM
You can gt out...

|2ambo
05-19-2015, 05:12 PM
UT-sniper,

I haven't seen seen the frozen spawn point bug. There is a spawn point right next to where the hole was. Is it a random location, or does it seem to freeze in the same spot everytime?

--- Updated ---

You can gt out...

You can get out? I don't see how you can unless, you suicide, get boots, lowgrav, or translocator, or someone gets in there and boosts you out. I don't see anyone getting out in Instagib.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-19-2015, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen seen the frozen spawn point bug. There is a spawn point right next to where the hole was. Is it a random location, or does it seem to freeze in the same spot everytime?
When it happens every spawn point in the map has a frozen player model for quite a while.

You can get out? I don't see how you can unless, you suicide, get boots, lowgrav, or translocator, or someone gets in there and boosts you out. I don't see anyone getting out in Instagib.
All you have to do is jump lol

|2ambo
05-19-2015, 07:01 PM
LOL, well anyway, I was bored. I like fixing faulty maps.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-19-2015, 07:34 PM
LOL, well anyway, I was bored. I like fixing faulty maps.
And I appreciate it. Even though you CAN jump it, it still is very buggy and gives unfair advantage just for 1 team (Standoffs).

Sj I think that bug has something to do with newnet? Dunno rly total ignorance here.

But yea that spawn bug is beyond annoying

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-19-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm sure it was around when the servers were still zp.

TimTim
05-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Every time Coret is voted, I leave the server. :(

Walking in straight lines pre-aimed at spawnpoints is not my idea of fun, and it's the only feasible way to play the map.

Cannabis
05-20-2015, 03:25 AM
please someone fix controlLe map. when i respawn in middle with looking up or down. with 0.32 sens sometime need like 20 sec to find center of screen -.-

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 04:48 AM
Just push your mouse up.

ZodiaK
05-20-2015, 07:58 AM
What about being able to see through closed doors?

|2ambo
05-20-2015, 08:35 AM
please someone fix controlLe map. when i respawn in middle with looking up or down. with 0.32 sens sometime need like 20 sec to find center of screen -.-

Your right! I forgot about that one, that is irritating as hell! Are there any other bugs in that map?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 08:57 AM
Add a 10 damage a second damage volume on the ramps in the middle of the map.

|2ambo
05-20-2015, 09:03 AM
Add a 10 damage a second damage volume on the ramps in the middle of the map.

You mean you want 2 damage amplifiers? 1 on each ramp? In the middle of the ramp, or at the top? Im not sure what you mean with a 10 damage, or even a damage volume. Your talking about the damage power up right?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 09:20 AM
I was joking, what I meant was make it so the area around the ramp takes off 10 health per second to stop the laming on the map.

|2ambo
05-20-2015, 03:06 PM
I was joking, what I meant was make it so the area around the ramp takes off 10 health per second to stop the laming on the map.

Oh :p

I looked into ControlLE and all the spawn point arrows are pointing in the right directions so that is kind of weird. Maybe it has to do with where your mouse was when you died...I have no Idea. Maybe replacing the spawn points would fix it.

I also noticed the see through doors in coret. Im not sure if that bug is fixable, or what causes it.

I still havent seen the frozen spawn in coret3vs3 either. I actually cant wait to experience that.

Cannabis
05-20-2015, 03:57 PM
I still havent seen the frozen spawn in coret3vs3 eitherhe probably means on bodies on map when u see bodie just stand on same place whole game.i saw somewhere fix for that..it s3tc fix i think. this is in readme file "This little program fixes the visual glitches (missing animations, sliding enemys, upright bodies) that appear when playing online with UT`s S3TC textures installed. This is for clients only (this is YOU, the player)"

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 04:09 PM
he probably means on bodies on map when u see bodie just stand on same place whole game.i saw somewhere fix for that..it s3tc fix i think. this is in readme file "This little program fixes the visual glitches (missing animations, sliding enemys, upright bodies) that appear when playing online with UT`s S3TC textures installed. This is for clients only (this is YOU, the player)"

It's not the players, at the start of the game when it does happen, the first spawn you are dead without being killed, and for a long period of time the frozen player model is stuck at the spawn point, I know it's not just me, because I've seen other players shooting at them thinking they are real players too, they do disappear after some time.

TimTim
05-20-2015, 06:16 PM
I looked into ControlLE and all the spawn point arrows are pointing in the right directions so that is kind of weird.
It's some weird bug with the map. I know flowX fixed that spawn point at some point. If someone can track down his edited version of Control-LE I'll switch it out.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Wouldn't you just have to replace that one spawn with a new one?

|2ambo
05-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't you just have to replace that one spawn with a new one?

I replaced the player starts above the door with the annoying pole in the middle of it. I spawned from those spots probably 4 times on each team in a practice game, and everytime it was pointing in the right direction. How about that annoying pole in the middle of the door? That could be removed if wanted. Can anyone think of any other improvements?

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-20-2015, 08:15 PM
How about that annoying pole in the middle of the door?
Lol, the amount of times I've ran with the flag backwards, and walked into it and got killed.

Tbh I don't understand why it's there apart from decoration on a very simple map layout.

~~D4RR3N~~
05-21-2015, 07:39 AM
That pole also denies epic shots...
wth am i talking about i would've missed anyway lel

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-21-2015, 12:47 PM
approved attachments, sorry about that dude blkbeltolson just precautionary measures to stop people posting unwanted/potentially harmful files

TimTim
05-21-2015, 04:37 PM
The pole separates the men from the boys.

|2ambo
05-21-2015, 08:31 PM
approved attachments, sorry about that dude blkbeltolson just precautionary measures to stop people posting unwanted/potentially harmful files

Thats fine, I know I'm new here and cant be trusted :p

Unless you guys run me off. I'm probably going to be around from now on. I haven't played UT since 2012 and that was only for a month. So I'm basically a n00b all over again, except I have experience :)

I'm sure you guys have people to work on maps, but I'm willing to help out with things if possible.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-23-2015, 03:43 PM
its not that we dont trust its to stop the nuisances we have around here (which seemed to have matured quite a bit)

~~D4RR3N~~
05-23-2015, 04:28 PM
The pole separates the men from the boys.
*the whores from the women

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
This is the bug I was talking about, this time it stayed there the whole game:
http://i.imgur.com/hwuLa4y.jpg

Chamberly
07-13-2015, 02:16 PM
yeah I seen that too on the uk ctf server... I'm thinking if it have something to do with s3tc?

Vego
07-22-2015, 06:02 PM
If there is something that needs fixing on this map its the hologram players. Can ruin a game if there are a lot of them.
Also the hole is good, it's like a part of the map now after so many years.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-22-2015, 06:55 PM
If it was the same for both bases it would be fine, it's just an advantage for the blue team in it's current state.