PDA

View Full Version : Timtim's secret newnet exploit

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-23-2015, 05:25 PM
I've found your secret newnet exploit TimTim :p

Watch in 1080p, or 720p @ 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGX-xgaaXUk
If you type IWANTTOBEAGHOST into your system console at the start of a game, you can fly around in the map for 30 seconds.

TimTim
05-23-2015, 05:28 PM
WTF??? Is this for real? That's either some crazy bug or it's something in UTPure I didn't know about.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-23-2015, 05:30 PM
WTF??? Is this for real? That's either some crazy bug or it's something in UTPure I didn't know about.

Yeah it happened about 30 minutes ago, lucky I had shadowplay on, that's the longest period of time that's happened, it normally only lasts about 5-10 seconds.

TimTim
05-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Oh interesting. It must related to the bug Sonic^ was having a while back where his client's player state was able to get out of sync with the server's at the start of the map. The server for some reason wasn't forcing an update to the `PlayerWalking` state.

An update upon every spawn is forced for a short period of time, but it may not be long enough at the start of the map.

Chamberly
05-23-2015, 05:47 PM
LMAO. I remember having that ghost effect and didn't even type that, I was able to go get flag and stuff. :>

RTG`
05-23-2015, 06:30 PM
LMAO. I remember having that ghost effect and didn't even type that, I was able to go get flag and stuff. :>

This also happened in your server if you remember, when the match started you were flying around and you were confused. Later on you were able to walk around the map.

|uK|kenneth
05-23-2015, 07:05 PM
ROFL how do you even find dat shit out dude..

WeeDMaN
05-23-2015, 11:53 PM
Lol agree with kenneth how do you even find that out or think about writing that... LOL

fak3
05-24-2015, 07:55 AM
It happened to me recently but only for a very brief period on Control as well, I have noticed it also happened before to other players and its alway when the map starts.

By the way, Shadowplay doesn't record with the Gamma values we see in UT, so its always very dark, you need to pump the Gamma Up on an editing Prog if you want to mimic the brightness and tone values.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-24-2015, 07:58 AM
I don't have any editing programs :(

fak3
05-24-2015, 08:09 AM
I use After Effects not because its the best but because im used to it, but theres right now FREE Alternatives that are a LOT more powerful for Video FX and Color Correction etc:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion

I never used it, but im planning to start to, it used to be a very expensive Prog but Black Magic bought it and released for it for free.

They even have some training for it:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/training

Now take notice it might not be easy initially and its overkill for a simple Gamma Correction, but its free and its very very powerfull and its a tool used in Films and TV series

kr0m
05-24-2015, 08:10 AM
:D :D :D nice bug

Command is not needed for that, when I tried NN on my PC same happened for me but change was in time of flying was maybe 5 - 10 max seconds of flying, like you wrote UT-Sniper-SJA94 :D but 30 s loooool

UT-Sniper-SJA94
07-21-2015, 10:20 AM
TimTim it happened on control, and duku yesterday, do you want the log file if it happens again.
it hasn't done it for a while upto that point.