PDA

View Full Version : Actual Instagib server rules?

|2ambo
05-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Is there a way to see the Instagib server rules other than being in the server itself? I've never seen them. I guess, no camping, laming, back shooting, DM'ing, UNLESS its after the flag carrier. Am I missing anything?

Higor
05-27-2015, 09:54 AM
- Don't jump on lifts over and over (Gauntlet) to prevent attackers from coming in, or you'll die in an elevator one day as karma.
- Don't bounce, you'll break your legs trying to.
- Don't use LoSaH's ini, it gives you cancer.
- Don't hit over 44% acc twice in a row, legend has it there's an automated admin bot insta-banning anyone with such accuracy values.
- Don't advertise, the powers that be will remove you with higher penalties than cheating.
- Spam Ha Ha Ha! five times after killing a moderator, and you'll summon the candywarn.
- "!s !t !p" is a trigger that upsets most of the player population, expect retaliation in less than three days in form of report based bans.
- Don't use LoSaH's ini, it causes AIDS.
- Don't use VPN's, they make you an easy target for airstrikes.
- If a moderator challenges you to keep doing 'X', disconnect immediately.

Cannabis
05-27-2015, 10:22 AM
- Don't jump on lifts over and over (Gauntlet) to prevent attackers from coming in, or you'll die in an elevator one day as karma.
- Don't bounce, you'll break your legs trying to.
- Don't use LoSaH's ini, it gives you cancer.
- Don't hit over 44% acc twice in a row, legend has it there's an automated admin bot insta-banning anyone with such accuracy values.
- Don't advertise, the powers that be will remove you with higher penalties than cheating.
- Spam Ha Ha Ha! five times after killing a moderator, and you'll summon the candywarn.
- "!s !t !p" is a trigger that upsets most of the player population, expect retaliation in less than three days in form of report based bans.
- Don't use LoSaH's ini, it causes AIDS.
- Don't use VPN's, they make you an easy target for airstrikes.
- If a moderator challenges you to keep doing 'X', disconnect immediately.
hahah so true

|2ambo
05-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Don't bounce, you'll break your legs trying to.

What do you mean by bouncing? Jumping around like a frog (n00b)? Or doing a flip and a jump right after?

Don't use LoSaH's ini, it gives you cancer.

I used my own ini which might explain why I suck. lol

"!s !t !p" is a trigger that upsets most of the player population, expect retaliation in less than three days in form of report based bans.

I see this quite often.

Don't use VPN's, they make you an easy target for airstrikes.

Dont know what that is, I would like to see an airstrike though :)

Is this your version of the rules :p

|uK|fleecey
05-27-2015, 10:44 AM
What do you mean by bouncing? Jumping around like a frog (n00b)? Or doing a flip and a jump right after?

I used my own ini which might explain why I suck. lol

I see this quite often.

Dont know what that is, I would like to see an airstrike though :)

Is this your version of the rules :p

There is also rules on the sever, in the nexgen.

this is an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jslAazoXTwI

|2ambo
05-27-2015, 11:01 AM
ahhhhh OK I saw someone do that on w00tabulous. Thanks. I never learned how to do that.

is it !rules in the console to get them to come up?

SAM
05-27-2015, 11:25 AM
Just press t to say something like you normally would. And then type !rules

Shotman
06-25-2015, 05:04 PM
I am just wondering but is typing !p constantly right after you die so you can spawn where you died allowed? Positive guy with the germany flag kept doing it today in Mesmerize. Like he would die near our flag and then do the !p so he can grab the flag and just leave. It was so annoying...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-25-2015, 05:20 PM
He's always done that, it's annoying when people get moved to different teams because of him.

Chamberly
06-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I am just wondering but is typing !p constantly right after you die so you can spawn where you died allowed?

I didn't think the respawn back into last place was being put on the server. Remind me of camping servers banning someone for doing it because they image drop in mid air. lol.

But those constant !p that result in team switch isn't allowed. Who is doing this? Any ss or something?

Jst2blond
06-25-2015, 06:23 PM
I didn't think the respawn back into last place was being put on the server. Remind me of camping servers banning someone for doing it because they image drop in mid air. lol.

But those constant !p that result in team switch isn't allowed. Who is doing this? Any ss or something? Is it him Shotman ?
German one i know as Shotman says, he is 0-RH=POSITIV" .
Never see him playing but i will spec him as soon as i can ...

Shotman
06-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Well here is a video of him doing it. It is so annoying. I don't think he is doing it by accident.
Chamberly Jst2blond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjkoBCaXds4&feature=youtu.be

uenz
06-25-2015, 06:59 PM
saw him typing !p a lot. Thought it was because he wasn't satisfied with his stats and wanted to hide them :)
Gonna tell him to stop next time I see him.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-25-2015, 08:03 PM
I've never understood why that mod is even on the insta servers, there is really no point for it being on the servers.

Deepack123
06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
-- Don't hit over 44% acc twice in a row, legend has it there's an automated admin bot insta-banning anyone with such accuracy values.

this is the most accurate rule, plz people do not break this rule

TimTim
06-25-2015, 09:07 PM
I am just wondering but is typing !p constantly right after you die so you can spawn where you died allowed? Positive guy with the germany flag kept doing it today in Mesmerize. Like he would die near our flag and then do the !p so he can grab the flag and just leave. It was so annoying...
Oh wow. That's why he does that? I never noticed where he spawned, just thought he was being purposely annoying. I've definitely warned him for it before. He deserves a ban next time.

I've never understood why that mod is even on the insta servers, there is really no point for it being on the servers.
I agree, but perhaps SAM has a good reason. :)

this is the most accurate rule, plz people do not break this rule
Twice in a row isn't a big deal, but when someone with a history of cheating and a shitty attitude towards cheating does it 10+ times in a row... lol.

Deepack123
06-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Twice in a row isn't a big deal, but when someone with a history of cheating and a shitty attitude towards cheating does it 10+ times in a row... lol.

in pubs 40 accs are quite normal these days but what would you say if someone shot 60 acc and over 100 frags? Is that a dead give away that the person is cheating? What is your method of analysing if one is cheating in your eyes?

TimTim
06-25-2015, 10:13 PM
in pubs 40 accs are quite normal these days
False.

what would you say if someone shot 60 acc and over 100 frags? Is that a dead give away that the person is cheating?
No.

What is your method of analysing if one is cheating in your eyes?
Nice try. :D

uranus
06-25-2015, 10:17 PM
lol

Deepack123
06-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Nice try. :D

nice try? Well I'm not asking for logs or anything like that I'm just curious how you analyse if a player is cheating. Is their movements/aim a give away? Is it their acc,frags or their demos ? Why be secretive about this important information....won't it be better if every one had this knowledge that you possess to spot cheaters so that we can all pin point who's cheating and extinguish these cheaters on a daily basis? Think about it UT99 will be 99% cheat free if you give lessons to people on how to spot cheaters. I understand why just2blond is a master of spotting cheaters she must of learned from you I guess.

Chamberly
06-26-2015, 12:27 AM
Well here is a video of him doing it. It is so annoying. I don't think he is doing it by accident.

Thanks. This is something not really acceptable imo... but that's what the mutator does. Even if this guy have not be warned or not, I'll warn him next time when he does it. Unless he keep doing it on purpose, I'll give him a few match ban unless he keep doing it, but when this !p respawn next to flag stop working for him, he won't do it anymore I assume... I'd end up removing the ban if it doesn't work anymore (respawning from last place died at) so he can come back in to play maybe.

I suppose there is no need for that respawn back where you left off mutator to be there, but I've made an edited version of a score recovery mod to disable the respawn mod if you need that If this is the right thing we're talking about. I've made it for someone else a few months back. Link: ScoreRecoveryModUT99 (http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhtwg5by0tv4yw6/ScoreRecoveryModUT99.rar)

Jst2blond
06-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Or maybe You Just want us giving You some tips to Play without lookalike a cheater ...as timtim says : Nice try .
Next times ask us how we detect trolls...

Deepack123
06-26-2015, 11:52 AM
Or maybe You Just want us giving You some tips to Play without lookalike a cheater ...as timtim says : Nice try .
Next times ask us how we detect trolls...

I dedicate this song to you blondie this is how you make me feel xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLMYcqBmiX8

SAM
06-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Chamberly Does your mod do scores, frags and time?

|2ambo
06-26-2015, 03:18 PM
Shows what I know, I always thought !p was the fast way from switching from spectator to player..hahahha

Chamberly
06-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Does your mod do scores, frags and time?

Recover: Health, Ammo, Frags, Death, and Score.

No time... hmm I'll have to add that in.

SAM
06-27-2015, 11:06 AM
You have to add time. Otherwise team balancer thinks 'wow 200 frags in one second this guy too stronk'

LoSaH
07-04-2015, 12:12 PM
nice try? Well I'm not asking for logs or anything like that I'm just curious how you analyse if a player is cheating. Is their movements/aim a give away? Is it their acc,frags or their demos ? Why be secretive about this important information....won't it be better if every one had this knowledge that you possess to spot cheaters so that we can all pin point who's cheating and extinguish these cheaters on a daily basis? Think about it UT99 will be 99% cheat free if you give lessons to people on how to spot cheaters. I understand why just2blond is a master of spotting cheaters she must of learned from you I guess.

They don't have any method. They just ban the people that are annoying/too stronk. Yes Deepshit, you are an annoying piece of shitbag that holds his shots to get over 40 accs (according to the rules you're a cheater, deal with it, you should have played normal!)

The only person who might be able to find out if someone is actually cheating might be TimTim however... even he isn't able to make a right call. Besides him, I doubt they have a capable person to detect a "cheater". (nah)
Hell, I don't even know how many 5 acc public noobs only they have in their mod/admin squad that have never played official games in their lifes before (public hero's ftw roflmao).

uenz
07-04-2015, 09:03 PM
what's an official game? Where can I get one?

frog
09-28-2015, 12:57 PM

But those constant !p that result in team switch isn't allowed. Who is doing this? Any ss or something?
maybe add nexgen in connect u will have rules writen ?
i saw many idiots spawn camping nobody ban them and so many ppl are backshootings that sometimes we try to do the same to make them understand backshooting is easy but some admins warning us if u do it twice but others ? no warning? i don't care about one or 2 backshots in my ass but sometimes it's really boring so where are the rules ?? even if we try to make fair game some ppl will join and will break the rules

Jst2blond
09-28-2015, 01:02 PM
where are the rules
We were actually working on it. So many things to list....
If you have any trouble, there is an appropriate part on forum (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/), you can post demos, screenshots and testimonies. Unfortunately most of us werent 24/24 7/7 on servers so sometimes reporting a badass can help us.

frog
09-28-2015, 01:09 PM
We were actually working on it. So many things to list....
If you have any trouble, there is an appropriate part on forum (Reports/Complaints & Appeals (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/)), you can post demos, screenshots and testimonies. Unfortunately most of us werent 24/24 7/7 on servers so sometimes reporting a badass can help us.
we don't have to demorec every times we play? demorec in console when we see lamers ok but demorecorder mod make my ut crash so i removed it maybe just add these rules when join and keep irc report that's the best way cheers ;)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
09-28-2015, 01:13 PM
we don't have to demorec every times we play? demorec in console when we see lamers ok but demorecorder mod make my ut crash so i removed it maybe just add these rules when join and keep irc report that's the best way cheers ;)

If you look in user.ini, you can use pure(in [newnetxx.xxxxxxx]) to do autodemo, that's what I use, the only problem is, it doesn't work with maps with []() characters(e.g bleak][ugn,duku]X[).

TimTim
09-28-2015, 02:21 PM
doesn't work with maps with []() characters
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Also, you can just type "autodemo 1" in console.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
09-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Also, you can just type "autodemo 1" in console.

With udemo (when it worked on the insta and combo servers), it was fine with any map name, that's why I resorted to using pure's autodemo.

I was wondering if there was a command for auto demo, I did try using the string that utpure uses but it didn't work like I thought. Does that command work as a keybind(set input middlemouse autodemo 1)?
I like having autodemo always on for peace of mind, incase some admin wants a demo of a game I've played, since I've had quite a few 45-49%acc games.

Higor
09-28-2015, 02:57 PM
TimTim if you're releasing a NN build you might as well add the XCGE 15 opcode that reads the serverpackages list safely.
Let me know when you need said code.

Chamberly
09-28-2015, 05:54 PM
TimTim if you're releasing a NN build you might as well add the XCGE 15 opcode that reads the serverpackages list safely.

Plz. I been having some trouble getting NN to set up well rofl. That's why my pwnage server never get set up pretty well on the mixture of packaging set up by NN but other has been doing well.

HakunaMatata
09-28-2015, 06:01 PM
I would love and would be helpful to be tougher on those who do not respect the rules especially players who have names like "players", I re rotten of those asked and NO CAMPING base when the flag is not in it the typical spawnkill camping. I would love to have permits for certain matches kicking them because after a long time on these servers, very few those who respect the rules

TimTim
09-28-2015, 07:11 PM
I like having autodemo always on for peace of mind
Yeah, you can bind it just like any other command. :) Although it shouldn't really be necessary because once you enable it, it's on for every map on every server for that version of NN. What's slightly different about it is that it doesn't start the demo until the map has started (i.e., doesn't record warmup).

--- Updated ---

serverpackages
Didn't we already do this? It was a matter of reading the ini's game engine, I believe. Or are you talking about something else?

Higor
09-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Didn't we already do this? It was a matter of reading the ini's game engine
It was done so it could do read any game engine's INI section, but that still leaves a problem unsolved which is crash due to excessive serverpackages... or no serverpackages list retrieved at all if an anti-exploit is running (as it's happening on the ig servers).

The extra opcode is entirely optional and can be placed so that it's only called in XC_GE server environments:

native(1719) final function bool IsInPackageMap( optional string PkgName, optional bool bServerPackagesOnly); //Second parameter doesn't exist in 227!

Basically, do the typical check at startup to detect XC_GE using, best left in UTPure mutator:
[CODE]var int XCGE_ver;
XCGE_ver = int(ConsoleCommand("Get ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine XC_Version"));

Also, since we're on startup, we can do this and ease any XCGE admin's server setup:

native(1718) final function bool AddToPackageMap( optional string PkgName);
event PostBeginPlay()
{
if ( XCGE_ver >= 11 )
{
AddToPackageMap(); //Register this package
AddToPackageMap( "NewNetWeapons...");
AddToPackageMap( "Other_interesting_package");
}
}

Then on the code that sees if a player's skin is valid:

if ( UTPure.XCGE_ver >= 13 )
return IsInPackageMap( SkinPackage, true);
else
return Old_Method_Here;

--- Updated ---

XCGE natives list and their implementation version:

DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewMapName); //539 - hack
DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewPlayerCanSeeMe); //532 - hack
DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewDynArrayElement); //10 - version 10
DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewDynArrayLength); //640 - version 10
DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewDynArrayInsert); //641 - version 10
DECLARE_FUNCTION(NewDynArrayRemove); //642 - version 10
DECLARE_FUNCTION(execAddToPackagesMap); //1718 - version 11
DECLARE_FUNCTION(PreLoginNative); //3550 - internal
DECLARE_FUNCTION(AdminLoginNative); //3551 - internal
DECLARE_FUNCTION(execCollidingActors); //3552 - version 12
DECLARE_FUNCTION(execIsInPackageMap); //1719 - version 13
Then you have the XC_Core ones in XC_Core.u...