Constructor [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Constructor

|uK|chiseller
05-29-2015, 10:04 PM
SilverWing
Blaze
Rays

Remove Trans and Invis??? map based

Container Nerf (Healing Problem)
Remove HealthPod

Remove Super Jetpack

Either make mini shields weaker or make them give more RU to enemies or both

Poison Guardian - Shuts down chokepoints, annoying lockdown build. It has a counter in toxin suit but it's an overly defensive build to begin with.
Mini Sheild - Drags games out, meatsheild build that doesn't add anything fun.
Forcefield - Drags games out, shuts down chokepoints and has no place in competitive play. Giant meatsheild.
Super Mine - Completely removes teleporters from the game. Shuts down entire options, overly defensive build.

Limit:
Mine (5) - Self explanitory if you ask me. Mines drag out games and make bad defenders look good. Increase cost or limit further.
Super Protector (3) - Super Protectors do a lot of work for defense. Combined with mines they drag out games. Also makes bad defenders good and has lockdown. Limit them.
Super Container (1) - I like the build and I think it's fairly balanced, but don't see the need to have more than 1 in a competitive game. Limit for good measure.

Change:
Sheild Belt - True shitter build. Current belt gives way too much extra armor. Nerf armor amount or make it unable to stack with other powerups.
Trans - True shitter build. Maybe limit it as the only powerup a player can have? Or just nerf/remove it.
Speed - Make upgradeable and make upgrades increase speed. Level 5 speed being current speed build. Similar to how invis works.

Notable Things:
Current amp at level 0 lasts 30 seconds. Level 5 lasts 1 minute. 500 ru for level 5 amp. Needs testing to see if upgrading amp is worth keeping or should be removed. Amp at 1200 feels good.

|uK|chiseller
05-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Even the nerf'd trans makes it too easy on certain maps, indeed. However, to implement something like that we need Higor's help. So, before we even bother to discuss things like that we should ask him if he's willing to help us.

Same goes for the containers. The anti-fun approach by Higor only works because of his code changes.

Remove HealthPod, SuperJetpack, Minishield, PG, FF and try it in a few Pugs. I don't agree with the Super Mine, it would make maps like Face or Clarion undefendable.
I'm fine with the current SC, SP and mine limit.
Speed change won't have any effect on the gameplay.
Make the belt more expensive, instead of removing it.
How much does lvl5 Amp cost? Did you mean 1500?

Moskva
05-30-2015, 02:06 AM
First item, supermines are needed in a couple maps, poison you rarely see it in a match so im not sure about this one and minishield completely sucks, too strong and gives no RU at all.

Second item, the proposed limits of mines, sp's and sc's sounds good to me.

About the changes, im not sure how much it would affect the offense, but sounds a bit too harsh of a penalization for attackers.

BTW Amp is 1200+1500 (upgrades), but lvl 0 amp is the best cost-effective level of them all (at least based on how it is currently)

|uK|Rays
05-30-2015, 11:40 AM
I haven't changed my mind on any of these changes, but I can clarify a few things:

- We should remove trans altogether. Better than having to go to Higor to implement a complicated change. Trans is used for almost every nuke run and it's the biggest gimmick in siege, see how games play without it.
- Speed change would be something necessary if trans is removed because speed is the next strongest item for nuking. I'm trying to avoid speed becoming the new op item by making it work more like invis.
- supermine is only needed because face (only cause of sb) and simplex (bad map design) rely on them. I still think supermine sucks but since they're only op on 2 maps I can leave them alone for now while more important things get changed.
- agree with making belt more expensive, and make sure people can't refill belt in SS/SHP.
- amp thing was just something interesting I wanted to point out. I like amp a lot as an item and I would like to see it used more often. I agree the lvl 0 option is the most cost effective, maybe remove the upgrade option to it?

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-02-2015, 01:02 PM
all these suggestions are to make sure games dont drag out, in effect making defending impossible..... and attacking very easy

we need a good balance and the focus shouldnt be on how not to drag games out

|uK|Rays
06-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Any updates? New version to test?

|uK|chiseller
06-27-2015, 03:18 PM
So far:

Healthpod Removed
MiniShield Removed
SuperJetpack Removed
BioBomb from 150 to 250 RU

What do you guys wanna do with the mines?

Reduce the limit
Increase the cost
Status quo

I vote 3

What about trans?

Nerf even more
Remove completely
Status quo

Anything else?

Moskva
06-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Mines same

Trans nerf a bit

BTW you can still build blue guns and hyper leecher, POR QUÉ?

|uK|chiseller
06-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Appears so. I can remove it but it doesn't hurt anyone to have them there?

|uK|Rays
06-27-2015, 10:44 PM
I'd like to try without trans, but I'm also worried speed+belt would just replace trans+belt as the new standard nuking setup for everyone. Some bold changes need to be made if nuking is going to be interesting. The fact that one combination of items dominates on nearly every map is bad.

I still think limit mines to 5 would be fine and should be tested

Would remove blue/green flame from buildable items, really just wanna put those to rest at this point.

SilverWing
06-28-2015, 10:21 AM
leave the mine limit as it is... it really good where its at

Krikor
06-30-2015, 10:16 PM
I'd like mine limit to be at 8

Trans being removed sounds like it would required more teamplay and communication to nuke so i vote for that

|uK|chiseller
07-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Belt at 400
Jetpack at 850
HyperL gone
Bluegun gone
Minishield gone

Remove Trans 2vs2
Change Mines 3vs2

opinions... SilverWing blase [R]^Osyris

|uK|fleecey
07-01-2015, 04:44 AM
My mines!! That's my defense :(

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-01-2015, 03:01 PM
current mine limit is good, trans should be removed (map based only where it would be nerfed on the maps it is usable on)

i think speed should be upgradeable to the current speed and progressive before level 5 on what speed you run at

|uK|chiseller
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM
We can't change things based on maps unless you get higor on board. It would require ini change and restart everytime and make things complicated for nothing.

Making speed upgradable to current lvl again requires higor. Pls only realistic changes this close to the deadline..

|uK|Rays
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
It's too bad that speed change can't be made without Higor, maybe just bump the price up on speed? Everything else looks good. I vote remove trans.