SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS!

Pages : [1] 2

.seVered.][
06-23-2015, 02:24 AM
You know where you are and you know what to do ... :)

Higor's edit: :obey:
Currently known bugs
- Use non tickrate dependant timers on Item spawner.
- Jammers appear to bug some doors when destroyed, have new jammers fix doors if this happens.
[DONE-0027]- Super Booster tends to fire twice for laggy players.
- Constructor should not switch categories when it's being put down.
[DONE-0026]- Base ASMD Pulse Rifle should use 'jolted' damage type.
[DONE-0026]- Fix increased Ripper damage on distant Core due to flawed weapon-check implementation.
[DONE-0026]- Fix translocator teleport.
[DONE-0026]- Spawn protection timer should consider player's fire input instead of just ammo counter, supplier should reduce timer as well.
- Fix spammable binds.
[DONE-0026]- Fix Teleporter crash.
[DONE-0018]- LCWeapons: Log spam on position advancer.
[DONE-0018]- LCWeapons: Position advancer not reliably initializing.
[DONE-0018]- LCWeapons: Fix double enforcer priority.

Features that might make it in
- Minishield to use XC_Engine's sphere primitive.
- Forcefield to use XC_Engine's sphere primitive (hollow shell mode).
- Mine triggers to use XC_Engine's sphere primitive.
[DONE-0027]- Bring back DashPad in a slightly different format (Sonic!)
- Add RU networth graph, RU generated (minus item) and Economic damage stats.
- XC_Engine: add extra netcode variable that lets buildings control wether they should do variable updates on open connections.
- LCWeapons: Display commands in the player's screen using the HUD mutator.
- LCWeapons: Add Unreal1's rifle and automag.

Projects:
https://github.com/CacoFFF/LCWeapons-UT99
https://github.com/CacoFFF/SiegeIV-UT99

Chamberly
06-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Suggestion to make an alias-interchangable keybind for those who complain about such build keybind build something else in different version.
Like FindGameVersion.RC... and let it use the actual scan to build such thing... compatible with each version. Not sure how this going to go tho, either client side or an additional server download or what. This is all I get for getting bugged.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-23-2015, 02:57 AM
My UT crashes almost all times when public server changes the map.
This issue started after the update for 0018. In pug server this not happens

http://i.imgur.com/vcoGOfB.png

.seVered.][
06-23-2015, 03:46 AM
Overtime issues and Altering the progression of the MidSpawn Item list, based on what the conditions of the game currently are when the midspawn event occurs. Such that .. well here's a discussion about it from IRC.

[00:27] <seVered> actually
[00:27] <seVered> that brings to mind a very interesting idea
[00:27] <seVered> what if .. say after so much time ... if a match goes to overtime...
[00:27] <@Cham> and?
[00:28] <seVered> say after 20 minutes.. the mid spawn items change to something else
[00:28] <seVered> like ALWAYS nukes for a while
[00:28] <@Cham> holy nukes
[00:28] <@Cham> holy flipping nukes.
[00:28] <@Cham> rofl
[00:28] <seVered> or ONLY certain items .. instead of the whole list
[00:28] <Ciro`> why in OT games it starts by 26 minutes? (seen last day in niven)
[00:28] <@Cham> so how about
[00:28] <seVered> and after 40 minutes ... NOTHING but nukes spawn in the mid
[00:29] <seVered> actually, that idea could be exanded even better... say that the mid spawn items have a 'variable' selection of choices that it picks from to post a midspawn item from.
[00:30] <seVered> that they weigh conditions of the match to choose the item to spawn AGAINST

Skarn
06-23-2015, 04:02 AM
Suggestion to make an alias-interchangable keybind for those who complain about such build keybind build something else in different version.
Like FindGameVersion.RC... and let it use the actual scan to build such thing... compatible with each version. Not sure how this going to go tho, either client side or an additional server download or what. This is all I get for getting bugged.

selectbuild exprocketcannon|buildit

This works in multiple versions, atleast for me.

Oh and 1 question (mostly for Higor), when i type in setmode 3 in console and look at my constructor, it says Retrieve Orb, couple of moments later we summoned the orb and when we picked it up it says Deploy Orb on the constructor, and we saw that its deployable on base cores (havent tested on other buildings), so you planning to make an Onslaught-type siege with power orbs? I'd love to see it complete tbh.

.seVered.][
06-23-2015, 04:25 AM
AdRiaN;93508']My UT crashes almost all times when public server changes the map.

Hmmm, well it's a good policy to audit your INI files first thing whenever you are having engine failures. If your user.ini file or your UT.ini files is corrupted, these kind of GPF crashes can occur very often. Beside's, a regular review of your INI files is always helpful to update things that you might 'think' about changing while your playing, but don't get around to it because the action is so damn fast... you don't want to die or lost the match and put it off.

This will be easier to do when the Higor's Development Journal (commonly known as 'Release Notes') get's posted and I can update the Player's Guide and the Keybind Guide with the latest and greatest ways to interact with your weapons, your Keyboard, and Mouse.

Chamberly
06-23-2015, 06:11 AM

Yeah that's mostly work but not all peoples use it, that's why they are noob and use setmode instead... even I made a siege keybinder based on selectbuild and all.

I love the orbs. Remember this session .seVered.][? jay22?

|uK|chiseller
06-23-2015, 09:34 AM
AdRiaN;93508']My UT crashes almost all times when public server changes the map.

Paste your UT log

UT-Sniper-SJA94
06-23-2015, 09:54 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1582415/signature/eyescream.gif

WTF

|uK|kenneth
06-23-2015, 12:01 PM
aahhahaha wtf that's so akward!!!

.seVered.][
06-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Shouldn't the FeignDeath be updated too... I think that it should DIM your screen and not allow you to look around when you are Feigned.

|uK|kenneth
06-23-2015, 01:51 PM
[;93526']Shouldn't the FeignDeath be updated too... I think that it should DIM your screen and not allow you to look around when you are Feigned.

i did not read this.

['] These are not the Feign's you are looking for

jay2
06-23-2015, 02:29 PM
I think overtime should be modified.

Higor
06-23-2015, 07:20 PM

That is a brand new crash...
So looks like the engine forces 'UnTouch' events on anything touching the local player about to be deleted during mapswitch, and obviously code shouldn't be executed at this stage on level actors.
Nice catch, will research that.

[;93510]Overtime issues and Altering the progression of the MidSpawn Item list.
That is possible thanks to the weighted item spawner, as you can see in the default SiegePub.ini profile, it happens that more powerful items start spawning as time goes on.
You can totally change that to nukes after a certain amount of time lol.

I think overtime should be modified.
Right now containers heal only at 50% rate during OT (this is hardcoded since ever, makes antifun extremely difficult to sustain).
Also, the mid spawner starts spawning items at a grater rate (like 25% less time or so), this is a 0017 change.
I don't think we've had too many long overtimes yet, at least to my knowledge. The door jammer plus the occasional GL spawns should theoretically break some stalemates.

I will edit the OP everytime a bug needs fixing.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-23-2015, 09:19 PM
any admin the fix trans speed please, that's too much OP

Higor
06-23-2015, 10:20 PM
AdRiaN;93538]any admin the fix trans speed please, that's too much OP
Will do that when I get into the server.

SilverWing
06-24-2015, 06:17 AM
Idk if it is just me, but does server gamespeed seem faster?

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-24-2015, 12:21 PM
no :rolleyes:

|uK|kenneth
06-24-2015, 12:29 PM

just you.

.seVered.][
06-24-2015, 01:28 PM

Hmmm, well no not for those of us who have (attempted) to keep up with the speed of Higor (which is approaching the speed of light). But, "Reality
is better than the Dream" and it IS much faster than it's ever been.

Higor+1

[R]^Osyris
06-24-2015, 01:40 PM
and how are the others names D=, i need help with new binds n__n

Higor
06-24-2015, 02:02 PM
n-esimal quote

[CatIdx - BuildIdx - BuildName - Conditions]
For use with binds
- SetMode CatIdx BuildIdx
- SelectMode CatIdx BuildIdx (switches to constructor)
- SelectBuild BuildName

--- Fortification
4 - 0 - Container
4 - 1 - ContainerX
4 - 2 - SuperContainer
4 - 3 - Protector
4 - 4 - SProtector
4 - 5 - Guardian
4 - 6 - PoisonGuardian
4 - 7 - MiniShield
4 - 8 - ForceField

--- Supply
5 - 0 - Supplier
5 - 1 - SupplierXXL
5 - 2 - HealthPod
5 - 3 - HealthPodXXL

--- Special Items
6 - 0 - ItemShieldBelt
6 - 1 - ItemJumpBoots
6 - 2 - ItemSpeed
6 - 3 - ItemInvisibility
6 - 4 - ItemDamageAmp
6 - 5 - ItemDampener

--- Utility
7 - 0 - Booster
7 - 1 - SuperBooster
7 - 2 - Platform
7 - 3 - AntigravityPlatform
7 - 4 - DoorJammer

--- Weapons
8 - 0 - ItemLeecher
8 - 1 - ItemApe
8 - 2 - ItemAsmd
8 - 3 - Warhead
8 - 4 - IWarhead

--- Teleportation
9 - 0 - Teleporter
9 - 1 - ItemTelenetwork
9 - 2 - ItemTranslocator

--- Explosives
10 - 0 - Mine
10 - 1 - SuperMine
10 - 2 - ExpRocketCannon
10 - 3 - ExpMortarBomb
10 - 4 - ExpBioBomb

--- Suits
11 - 0 - ItemJetpack
11 - 1 - ItemSuperJetpack
11 - 2 - ItemToxinSuit
11 - 3 - ItemLavaSuit
11 - 4 - ItemScuba

SilverWing
06-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Just a reminder that pug server and public server binds r going to be different because of this

Higor
06-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Just a reminder that pug server and public server binds r going to be different because of this
Not if you use SelectBuild.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
06-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Not if you use SelectBuild.

where we can find the list of selectbuild binds?

Chamberly
06-24-2015, 06:13 PM
AdRiaN;93573]where we can find the list of selectbuild binds?

It's up there.... it has been posted so many times now. -.-

Or later I'll just finish up this siegekeybind mod for a few update and post here.

Banny
06-25-2015, 05:26 AM
Is there anyway for selectbuild to work without making that constructor opening noise? Because suppose you are above the core in bluevember ( the middle one ) and you are making tele. With that noise it's easier for defenders to sense that there is something wrong up there

DANGERBOY
06-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Happens way too much time, when i nuke the core i got back 600RU and the nuke makes only 6% damage....(I shoot the nuke on the core...)

Higor
06-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Is there anyway for selectbuild to work without making that constructor opening noise? Because suppose you are above the core in bluevember ( the middle one ) and you are making tele. With that noise it's easier for defenders to sense that there is something wrong up there
I intended to remove the silent switch 'feature' that was added at one point (SK?), I just couldn't be arsed with the SetMode bind, but yeah I will remove that extra parameter.
If you want to silently operate a constructor/weapons build a Dampener.

--- Updated ---

BTW 0017's shared reward system that runs on Mines and removals is working nicely.
Had some noob maxed on RU getting kills via mines and the rest of the team was getting the RU's via core generation, you can notice this happening when you're core is giving you RU at 2x speed for a few seconds.
EDIT: This also means that SuperMines without owners grant RU to the whole team instead of it being lost.

|uK|B|aZe//.
06-27-2015, 12:40 PM
The idea of nukes being spawned in mid is just terrible im sorry. People like killer speed and others camp mid as it is. Imagine what it will be like if there's free nukes. Bans will be had hourly. Idea of dimming screen on feign death and updating it is bad also. If a person can't notice a fake body then thats their fault dont punish the clever players

rocket's are still disappearing on me...

RTG`
06-27-2015, 12:59 PM
I don't know if this is related to the new version but ever since the new version is up on the Pug server my demos are crashing every time at random. I can play them for a while but they will eventually crash in 1 or 20 minutes (it's different for each demo).. And I highly suspect that it's caused when someone leaves and a Pause occurs. I've never spotted Pause moments in those demos before they crash so that's gotta be it. I'd really appreciate a solution for this...

http://i.imgur.com/qPPrzBf.png

Chamberly
06-28-2015, 08:01 PM
There's a little issue here, if I enable the encroachment code to prevent players from teleporting inside SC's, then anyone can literally block a teleporter with one.
The best way to handle it is via the translocator module, added to my TODO.

Posted via request.

www.unrealkillers.com/f44/scourge-exploiting-sc-bug-transing-through-6222/

.seVered.][
06-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Critical: FCollisionHash::ActorLineCheckCritical: CheckWithActors
Critical: ULevel::MultiLineCheck
Critical: ULevel::Trace
Critical: ULevel::FindSpot
Critical: ULevel::FarMoveActor
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=3)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: ACE8421
Critical: EnforceTickRate
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UD3D9RenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting

Higor
06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
.seVered.][
PEEK-A-BOO! YOU'RE NOT USING XC_GAMEENGINE!

|uK|chiseller
06-30-2015, 01:47 AM
It appears that the mid spawns timings are not accurate at all. That's probably not a 0018 issue though, it is most likely present in 17 as well.
Moskva and me did some testing, we tried different values but nothing showed any consistency.
Here's an example:

[ItemSpawner]
bHasConfig=True
InitialWaitSecs=602
WeightToExtraTimeScale=1
BaseRespawnSecs=179
InitialWeightCap=0
WeightIncPerSpawn=3
bRealSeconds=True

Initial spawn was at 601 seconds
Next spawn was 182 seconds later
Next spawn was 186 seconds later
Next.. 189
Next.. 187
Next.. 190
Next.. 189
Next.. 186
etc etc.

Higor
06-30-2015, 04:11 AM
Tickrate dependant timers lol.
Adding.

|uK|chiseller
06-30-2015, 04:20 AM
What would the optimal tickrate be then?

Spiderman
06-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Someone else removed my sup before me. And i got no RU from it. What is this?

http://s18.postimg.org/y0imce051/Screenshot_82.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/y0imce051/)

And in another match, someone removed my sc and on F3 it showed that i removed it, was not doing demorec at that time but this hapnd.

Banny
06-30-2015, 05:58 AM

think this has been added in the new version that people can remove the supplier. don't know about the RU though

Chamberly
06-30-2015, 07:03 AM

After a SS is built, old sup get removed. Not sure about the RU being stolen tho. ^^

Higor
06-30-2015, 11:58 AM
All building removal follows the 'Shared Reward' system, it means that any RU that doesn't go to you (not using your RU during a critical stage of the game?), is loaded into the Core for distribution among your teammates.

Spiderman
06-30-2015, 01:12 PM
All building removal follows the 'Shared Reward' system, it means that any RU that doesn't go to you (not using your RU during a critical stage of the game?), is loaded into the Core for distribution among your teammates.

Explain pls, And btw why 'Shared Reward' system added there? Seems unfair. Core was already 5 at that time.

Higor
06-30-2015, 05:45 PM
Because you're running around full of RU without using any, so any RU from removals and your mines gets wasted so it's instead loaded into the core whenever it can't be added to your reserves.

Spiderman
07-02-2015, 07:11 AM
Because you're running around full of RU without using any, so any RU from removals and your mines gets wasted so it's instead loaded into the core whenever it can't be added to your reserves.

No i was not at full RU, my RU was about 200 at that time i still remember. How RU can be loaded into core as i said it was level 5? And more important how to check that loaded RU after level 5 of core?
And to b true its bs in 2 ways. 1st someone removed my sup and sc and i got 0 RU back from it and 2nd it got distributed to players where some players on pub always exist who dont know how to use RU in favor of team.
According to me it will be very good if this can be reverted back than this sharing system.
On the other hand it means never go to build sup or ss or sc or anyother building which require more RU becos at the end someone can idiotically or accidentally remove it and you will get 0 RU back from it. So better just only go for nukes ??? Or just only make those build which others cant remove ???
So in nutshell its bs to play on pub server with this system.
(NO offense to Higor, just this new system is worthles acc to me in pub)
Or better to make it was it was that no one else can remove sup.

|uK|fleecey
07-02-2015, 08:07 AM

http://s18.postimg.org/y0imce051/Screenshot_82.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/y0imce051/)

And in another match, someone removed my sc and on F3 it showed that i removed it, was not doing demorec at that time but this hapnd.

That's weird, I have removed others sup (noobs) and they have gotten their RU back.

Higor
07-02-2015, 12:18 PM
You're seriously misunderstanding the shared reward system, take a second look at the journal before posting again.

Scourge
07-02-2015, 01:03 PM
While we're on this subject, there are still problems with the time displayed by the damage amp and with the number of RU displayed it takes to upgrade a building (it's often more than is displayed). Also, upgrading buildings should round to the nearest level, not dump excess RU in to a fractional level if being fractionally upgraded adds nothing to the building's abilities (e.g. forcefield does, container and (core?) don't.)

Higor
07-02-2015, 01:22 PM
The RU display is kind of annoying...
BTW, nearly all builds use the fraction of levels in less apparent ways, even containers.

Scourge
07-02-2015, 02:23 PM
More HP and faster regen/larger regen radius is nice, but generally when I'm upping a container at the start of the game the purpose is to expand the RU limit. If this were incremental that'd be fantastic.

(Which leads me to another question - do upgrades between levels for things like the core and translocators do anything? A bad edge case would certainly be jump boots.)

Higor
07-02-2015, 10:37 PM
Updated first post with a couple of good ideas...

|uK|chiseller
07-03-2015, 04:33 AM
Crouching hitbox is not accurate. Shots only register below the nose.

.seVered.][
07-04-2015, 02:21 PM
How about if you destroy an enemy nuke, it DETONATES and then kills the BUILDING team, and you of course (maybe) ...:cool:

Scourge
07-05-2015, 02:41 AM
One of the things that sucks about public is the lack of good team coordination. A toggleable, local-lingual "TEAMMATE X HAS PICKED UP A NUKE" or "YOUR TEAM HAS COLLECTED 1500 RU" type notifications might improve gameplay slightly.

[;94142']How about if you destroy an enemy nuke, it DETONATES and then kills the BUILDING team, and you of course (maybe) ...:cool:

I think it worked this way in old siege, but it would kind of ruin the point of nuke takedowns. The enemy would only have to get physically close to their target point; you'd shave maybe a couple points of core damage off the full hit.

.seVered.][
07-05-2015, 06:35 AM
"Nuke Messages' needs to be audited!

'Communications'
Personally ... I think that the Msg subsystem could be 'semi' automated like it was when I was young (in the StoneAge) -

such that; I can POINT at a team mate (with my crosshairs) and press a SpeechBBind (like COVER ME!) and it will include the players name that I am Pointing at in my message displayed in the TeamChat area, AND ALSO post it on his TeamMessage area of the screen of the player that I am POINTING AT!!! .. (which is a smaller font and located just ABOVE the WeaponIcons near the bottom of the screen.. DIRECT communication ... DIRECTLY to a teammate, that I need to DIRECTLY get a message to .,.. easy, simple and VERY helpful during WAR!

'Announcements'
1. Scourge is 'carrying' a nuke and attacking the enemy >>> the nuke is 'equipped' (armed and in hand) when Scourge get's killed by an enemy player >> the device falls to the ground while Scourge bleeds out >> A TEAM announcement is displayed on the OPPOSING (receiving) teams ChatBox area >> "NuclearDevice detected at (LOCATION) ... >> in the TEAM CHAT window (not the CenterScreen) ... >> and of course .. a GLOBAL announcement displayed in the CenterScreen >> Scourge was killed while playing with his Device. (NOT in the ChatBox message area - in the CENTERSCREEN! ..

2. Scourge's Nuke is 'building' and not finished spawning yet... it's resting either in the TeamNukeRoom or in some isolated region of his team's base. DangerBoy, wearing Invisibility, ShieldBelt, Speed, and Boots (all maxed out) sneaks into his base and finds his nuke. He fires a PROJECTILE at it, NOT a shock or BIO weapon (which WILL NOT destroy or DETONATE an Enemy nuke still building) firing a ROCKET PROJECTILE and ONLY a CLUSTERED PACK of 3 or MORE ROCKET PROJECTILES would cause the nuke to reach critical mass and thereby DETONATE!

ANY other weapon used to attack a spawning nuclear device will only cause DAMAGE to it, (which is accumulated while building and deducted after construction is completed) and will not DESTROY or DETONATE the Nuclear Device being built,ONLY a clustered Pack of 3 or More ROCKETS will Detonate the Nuclear Device ...

*Note!! .. that WHEN this NuclearDevice detonates ... it will not only KILL the player attacking it, but also the team that BUILT IT (that is within range) ...!!!

These scenarios described herein are how I personally feel they should be. With these conditions and results of each scenario ... No More DANGERBOY Crippling an Entire Team by destroying their Nuclear Arsenal AND taking their Core Health down 30 to 40 points in one viscous invisible sneaky underhanded scoundrel of a move.

thoughts...?

.seVered.][
07-05-2015, 06:54 AM

@Higor (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1761), we should probably include a bIsPlayerPresent sanity* check and DISALLOW the suppliers removal if TRUE!

*note the improper usage of the relevant inference. :) I sure miss my engine firing on all cylinders!

--- Updated ---

@Higor (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1761), we should probably include a bIsPlayerPresent (AND on the Suppliers Team) sanity* check and DISALLOW the suppliers removal if TRUE!

*note the improper usage of the relevant inference. :) I sure miss my XC_Engine firing on all cylinders!

DontWorryBeHappy
07-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Happened today on Butchered, approx. 70 minutes into the game.

1. Rockets, shock balls, ripper discs, almost everything coming out of a gun disappeared

Sometimes I heard the impact sounds, sometimes nothing happened at all (besides reduction of ammo). I reported this a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems since. Besides the occasional dropped rocket but that could be connection related as usual.

2. Buildings disappeared like when you lag out or have a very high ping for a longer period of time.

Curiously I had a steady 150ms ping for almost an hour (F1 ping and F6 ping as well).

I asked in-game but got no response so I assume I was the only one having these problems. Please remove if off-topic or not really related to Siege 0018 code.

Also, maybe unrelated, a user named Ferrari tried to switch to spectator mode (!s) but couldn't make it work for some reason, no response from server I guess? I think Fleecey switched him manually though.

Higor
07-09-2015, 12:52 PM
Reconnect.
When everything starts disappearing, it's because the game entered a net clusterfuck status.
This happens when you're having packet loss right at the moment you respawn, if all your weapons cannot be sent to you in time, the entire connection gets screwed up and you need to reconnect.

|uK|fleecey
07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Happened today on Butchered, approx. 70 minutes into the game.

1. Rockets, shock balls, ripper discs, almost everything coming out of a gun disappeared

Sometimes I heard the impact sounds, sometimes nothing happened at all (besides reduction of ammo). I reported this a few weeks ago and haven't had any problems since. Besides the occasional dropped rocket but that could be connection related as usual.

2. Buildings disappeared like when you lag out or have a very high ping for a longer period of time.

Curiously I had a steady 150ms ping for almost an hour (F1 ping and F6 ping as well).

I asked in-game but got no response so I assume I was the only one having these problems. Please remove if off-topic or not really related to Siege 0018 code.

Also, maybe unrelated, a user named Ferrari tried to switch to spectator mode (!s) but couldn't make it work for some reason, no response from server I guess? I think Fleecey switched him manually though.

I was busy playing told him to quit lol

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Still having rockets disappear right in front of my eyes. Getting frustrating when im keeping someone in the air with singular rockets and about to kill them or near to doing so and they just disappear and have no damage dealt out..

Everything else was fine i.e. nothing like dontworrybehappys description. Would also like to add is it just me or are the hitboxes just ridiculously way off

Higor
07-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Updated first post with some more stuff.

|uK|chiseller
07-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Crouching hitbox is not accurate. Shots only register below the nose.

Enforcer dmg is wrong

Piston boosting doesn't work

Higor
07-12-2015, 07:08 PM
Enforcer dmg is wrong
Intended, enforcer damage is controlled by sgBaseCore's level.
It's totally legit strat to upgrade core before upgrading supplier for crazy double enforcer firepower.

|uK|chiseller
07-12-2015, 08:04 PM
No one would ever do that, don't see the point of it.

Also
Picking up enforcer doesn't add any ammo, only after the second or third enforcer

Higor
07-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Also
Picking up enforcer doesn't add any ammo, only after the second or third enforcer

No, it's been fixed in LCWeapons_0015.

DontWorryBeHappy
07-13-2015, 04:26 PM
How about…

New Special Item: Self-depleting night vision goggles as seen in Deus Ex 1.

More like a vanity item for most, but I see a lot of whining about the brightness of maps so this could be a funny addition.

You can upgrade it to increase usage time and - that would be cool - you actually wear goggles on your face.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzkofdKMiN1r7evzq.gif

|uK|fleecey
07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
jetpack is fucked, when i have jetpack and i die, i end up crouching and i need to reconnect the whole game to get it fixed

Moko
07-21-2015, 02:10 AM
tl;dr

Dunno if it was said but I have rocketed many people right in the face and there is no damage, I know they're not cheaters so I think there's a problem with the rocket launcher. And I have said this before but my weapon switch is busted too.

--- Updated ---

oh yeah idk what version this was but sometimes I'd have a whole lot of RU then I look and half is gone. Unless I had an out of body experience I didn't use the RU so where did it go??? lol

DontWorryBeHappy
07-21-2015, 05:53 AM
Can confirm again: Rockets disappearing and/or doing no damage as Moko said. But Higor already explained part of it. Reconnecting sometimes does the trick.

Also, I experienced similar RU increases/decreases that I could not explain. Didn't think of it earlier because it happens very rarely for me.

----

Also, not really related to Siege itself, the balancer seems more fucked up than ever. Almost every time I look up the cookies via "mutate strength extra" the balance is soooooooooooo off. Like 300 cookies plus for blue or something. That's because some cry baby fucktards leave when you join so you get switched to the losing team, etc. But still, this balancer is worse than having no balancer at all.

Maybe you should finally disable the manual switching via !teams.

Also, the fact that teams HAVE to be equal with a maximum of one player more on either side is total bullshit. Sometimes it can only be balanced by having one team get TWO additional players.

I suggest you reset the balancer configs and start from scratch with those settings, one by one. There are many settings that could be tweaked to have a balancer that works, at least on paper.

TimTim
07-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Also, not really related to Siege itself, the balancer seems more fucked up than ever. Almost every time I look up the cookies via "mutate strength extra" the balance is soooooooooooo off. Like 300 cookies plus for blue or something. That's because some cry baby fucktards leave when you join so you get switched to the losing team, etc. But still, this balancer is worse than having no balancer at all.
Perhaps SAM could copy the balancer and its config from the IG servers to Siege. I made a few small changes that seem to help a lot. It's exactly the same as the original balancer except for 3 things: 1) The initial "pick order" actually makes sense in that players are more evenly distributed. 2) Every 15 seconds (configurable) it checks the teams and moves a player or two if the difference exceeds some threshold (configurable, starts at 50). This threshold increases by 5 every minute (configurable) so that players get switched less often later in the map. 3) For some dumb reason, the original balancing algorithm would switch players even if it didn't help at all, so I've prevented it from doing that.

But yeah, there's not much that can be done about rage quitters ruining the balance. The only thing that can make teams super uneven now is quitting mid-map, so start giving the constant rage quitters all kinds of shit for it.

;)

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-21-2015, 03:06 PM
roxs still disappearing

jay2
07-21-2015, 06:24 PM
The 400 ru for shieldbelt just makes it so it's not worth using anymore.

Chamberly
07-21-2015, 06:31 PM

I skipped using it unless I have excessive amount of RU. Meanwhile I share RU with other nukers, defenders, and other that help make the team succeed.

i_remember_my
07-22-2015, 05:30 AM
someone wants to count as change or remove the deadly sound heard to contact spawns when my shot spawn takes effect in a sound occurs and is hated when I use the minigun, thanks.

|uK|fleecey
07-22-2015, 06:25 AM

then dont use it, more challenge, 400 is a good price

jay2
07-22-2015, 07:19 PM
then dont use it,

I don't

400 is a good price

Jump boots are 250 and make you very hard to hit. Shieldbelt is 400 and makes you a target.

SAM
07-24-2015, 11:56 AM
That's a good point. Jump boots 600

Scourge
07-27-2015, 11:13 AM
[;93379']You know where you are and you know what to do ... :)

Higor's edit: :obey:
Currently known bugs
- Unpress 'walk' if client dies while flying a jetpack using the SetJetpack bind.
- Jetpack level switch crash.
- Use non tickrate dependant timers on Item spawner.
- Do not allow translocating into enemy Super Containers.
- Correct the RU required to upgrade buildings on fraction level values.
- Add a 'lock' timer on Constructor to prevent fast builds.
- Remove 'lock' timer on building upgrade, similar behaviour to player upgrade.
- Jammers appear to bug some doors when destroyed, have new jammers fix doors if this happens.
- LCWeapons: Piston should buffer last shot rotation.
- Fix Mines exploding multiple times before finish building.

Features that might make it in
- Disable replicating players 100% time as a setting, this means the return of optimal network performance on Siege (best used with XC_Engine!!!!)
- Disable fraction upgrade on buildings that don't need it.
- Indicate which building the player is about to Repair/Upgrade/Remove in his constructor.
- LCWeapons: make LC variant use default weapon priority settings.
- LCWeapons: allow clients to disable prediction for themselves.
- LCWeapons: allow clients to force their own prediction MS cap.

Siege, how much dost thou bug me? Let me count the ways:
- Can we just lengthen standard spawn protection time so that sup spam can't be complained about anymore, and shorten it to the current time (or cancel if that time is exceeded) if the player draws and fires a weapon?
- Head-shooting buildings is stupid and the head-shooting damage rate should instead be standard for sniper/ripper against buildings. Yeah, I get it, head-shooting takes slightly more care and skill, but it makes no sense that a building should take more damage because it's shot at more than 3/4 of its height. There's also no indication other than the fact that this happens that it's an option in Siege.
- Anonymous supplier/health pod (which I support re-introducing for a reduced cost) removal was a good thing, especially when noobs build a pile of them and leave. The same should be applied to teleporters that have been abandoned for more than two minutes and which do not belong to any present players, and for super boosters that have had little player usage in the past minute.
- Setting the "invincible" SS/SHP should be based on which one has the highest average number of players using it at any given time. This prevents griefing by disallowing someone from building the invincible in a useless area.
- Core RU replenishment sometimes ceases without warning or explanation - This often seems to happen after dealing a lot of damage to the other team.
- Again, repairing at suppliers should go THROUGH the building, not require you to stand at its edges or outside of it to heal your teammates. Why would I want to repair an invincible supplier?
- Removing your own supplier/super supplier/shp should be impossible if it is invincible and more than half of your team has used it within a one-minute span. This is an easier mistake to make than you'd think.
- Fastbuild was a good thing, but if it's being removed and speed upgrading kept, then I think speed repair should also be allowed. What better a counter to pulse and minigun?
- Upgrading should provide points for the number of hundreds of RU you've spent. This is especially pertinent when you consider the cost of upgrading a super container - Most players don't want to do it because it prevents them from doing other stuff, like building nukes they're going to fail or leeches.
- Prevent players from mass-upgrading each other for tons of points.
- Restore a player's items if they're disconnected, and prevent them from being team-switched while they're carrying such items (warheads, jetpacks, translocators, etc.). This goes especially for the glitch where the bottom player is moved before ACE/NG has finished checking out a joining player who would otherwise be switched.
- Either destroy all warheads/inukes for a permanently teamswitched player and send the RU back to them (with excess flowing into the core of the other team), or make such warheads/inukes available for the team that they left, setting the "builder" to no one.

OTHER GLITCHES:
- Mapvote sometimes gets hidden behind console/XConsole.
- Sorry, you cannot kick the Server or Admin (when not trying to kick the server or admin). Annoying enough that it misses the target, worse that you need to wait another ten seconds to vote again.
- asc#get#window sometimes disallows continuing to use any of its text fields, though I can't reproduce it.
- ACE or the server sometimes continually kick me after a very glitchy entrance, even in spec. Naturally this happens under heavy server load, but it's nonetheless the server's worst problem in my mind.

And now, I'm going to propose two things likely to be controversial:
- Drain a player's RU when the buildings they make are hit, with this increasing exponentially depending on how much RU the opponent gets from attacking them. Punish crappy building.
- Create a soft counter to sniper whoring.

TOMORROW, A POST ON THE BALANCER.

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-27-2015, 11:34 AM
- Head-shooting buildings is stupid and the head-shooting damage rate should instead be standard for sniper/ripper against buildings. Yeah, I get it, head-shooting takes slightly more care and skill, but it makes no sense that a building should take more damage because it's shot at more than 3/4 of its height. There's also no indication other than the fact that this happens that it's an option in Siege.

it was actually intended scourge all the way back from the beginning of siege, its just not many people were aware of it in the old days up until around 5 to 6 years ago once siege became popular than ever, almost everyone knows now

the sniper part I wont even bother with other than reply and say learn to shoot the guns and learn to counter it in other ways via movement.

Higor
07-27-2015, 01:16 PM
- Can we just lengthen standard spawn protection time so that sup spam can't be complained about anymore, and shorten it to the current time (or cancel if that time is exceeded) if the player draws and fires a weapon?
Ugh... I see now, the spawn protection expires if your weapon's ammo changes... assuming you fire it.
But if the supplier changes the ammo amount, it expires too lol, gotta fix that.

The same should be applied to teleporters that have been abandoned for more than two minutes and which do not belong to any present players, and for super boosters that have had little player usage in the past minute.
Will do for lone teleporters.

- Again, repairing at suppliers should go THROUGH the building, not require you to stand at its edges or outside of it to heal your teammates. Why would I want to repair an invincible supplier?
Constructor will have a major rework, this will be part of that.

- Upgrading should provide points for the number of hundreds of RU you've spent. This is especially pertinent when you consider the cost of upgrading a super container - Most players don't want to do it because it prevents them from doing other stuff, like building nukes they're going to fail or leeches.
No more easy points for upgrading all builds to level 1 and letting others do the big spending :(

- Prevent players from mass-upgrading each other for tons of points.
I have a better solution, target player loses points when upgraded.
Now whoever you're upgrading has to do proper usage of your RU in order to not look like an idiot.

- Either destroy all warheads/inukes for a permanently teamswitched player and send the RU back to them (with excess flowing into the core of the other team), or make such warheads/inukes available for the team that they left, setting the "builder" to no one.
Better solution as well: player can 'rebuild' his nukes using the constructor.
If player hits to build a nuke (and has a nuke on the other team) then one old nuke disappears and instead it starts building on his new team?
Should implement this for all item classes.

- Sorry, you cannot kick the Server or Admin (when not trying to kick the server or admin). Annoying enough that it misses the target, worse that you need to wait another ten seconds to vote again.
One mod: CacusMapVote
Gonna upgrade it so that 'Random map' is an option before presenting it for mass usage here.

- Drain a player's RU when the buildings they make are hit, with this increasing exponentially depending on how much RU the opponent gets from attacking them. Punish crappy building.
Since 0016, all buildings internally record the RU that's been leeched from them... I planned to remake the whole HUD interface and display such things at one point.

- Create a soft counter to sniper whoring.
It's called ducking, but unfortunately the elitists are eager to use their 'bigger duck hitbox' edition.

=========
Btw, your suggestions post is probably the most valuable I've read since release, glad to know there's someone with his head not shoved up his ass.
I would have started with all this shit already, had I not gotten stuck at multithreading UT in next XC_Engine update.

Scourge
07-27-2015, 03:45 PM
The nice thing about feedback posts is how they spawn exchanges of "now that I think of it"s...

Ugh... I see now, the spawn protection expires if your weapon's ammo changes... assuming you fire it.
But if the supplier changes the ammo amount, it expires too lol, gotta fix that.

...Like how it may also be good to disable enemy knockback from weapons while spawn protected and in the supplier (not outside of it, though, since that means piston is >>> than blue gun, where I was able to stop Adrian from walking all over my base by blocking his shots with my spawn protection - even with knockback on).

Lone teleporters

And possibly teleporters that go to areas where the player will die instantly or close to where they, environmentally, would take a large amount of damage. This would be passive griefing protection, that or disabling building platforms, teleporters, super containers, or any kind of booster or other weird building within a certain radius of invincible suppliers. Another "now that I think of it"... I know you hate log spam, but notifications for these sort of things would be helpful.

Better solution as well: player can 'rebuild' his nukes using the constructor.
If player hits to build a nuke (and has a nuke on the other team) then one old nuke disappears and instead it starts building on his new team?
Should implement this for all item classes.

I'm conflicted about this. On the one hand, the player earned (or was given) the RU he spent on those nukes; on the other, those nukes were going to be the offense for the team from which he came, which has now been wholly transferred to the other team. My proposed "fix" where the nukes are made available for the original team leaves the offense more or less where it was sans the switchee's nuking ability, while the second tips the balance way over to the other team with nukes and nuking ability intact. Either could create more problems than the one it's trying to solve, which is a perceived imbalance in gameplay which may not even exist. The current state of affairs may actually be better for the time being, that or just not switching players that have a lot of RU in hand or in the form of items.

Vatiko made an excellent point the other day how the balancer can create enormous imbalances by switching purely based on the number of players and not based on player skill... Which he demonstrated by helping an already-stacked team finish demolishing a group of unfortunate bastards.

Since 0016, all buildings internally record the RU that's been leeched from them... I planned to remake the whole HUD interface and display such things at one point.

What do you think about adding more dimensionality to building? As in, rewarding and giving more glory to good builders, while pointing out or punishing bad ones? I've thought for a long time that it should be considered and made a post saying as much a long time ago, but it's difficult to judge a good versus bad builder for scoring or reward/punishment purposes since pretty much all buildings get leeched - just to different degrees based on who does it well and who does it badly. Building well is a job that's often underappreciated.

It's called ducking, but unfortunately the elitists are eager to use their 'bigger duck hitbox' edition.

I've felt it sort of hacky to be able to just duck and cut down my opponent's damage, especially when it's so fast. If the head still had a proper hitbox, albeit lower, and crouch tween was slowed such that the hitbox was easier to track and crouch was harder to abuse, I would be more comfortable with it.

Btw, your suggestions post is probably the most valuable I've read since release

Thanks. I've developed maps for the original SC, which is probably nowhere near the same level as what you work on, but nevertheless the frustration of facing players that can be to varying degrees unhelpful, unappreciative, or just generally nasty is one that's stuck with me.

Also, a few more small points...
- Either turbo-speed the grenade launcher, remove it, or add back a few EMPs.
- Disable "anti-team removal" if the player is removing containers from a pile larger than two containers.
- Have mutate kickidlers shorten its idle sensitivity to 5-10 seconds for the beginning of the match, and engage automatically at that time.
- Have kickidlers send idlers to spec rather than booting them from the server.

Higor
09-01-2015, 11:26 PM
0019 on the servers listed on my signature.
Removing the crossed out points in first post.

.seVered.][
09-25-2015, 04:34 AM
odd Crash ...2573

ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'
ScriptWarning: LCStatics None (Function LCWeapons_0015.LCStatics.ffTraceShot:007A) GetAnimGroup: Sequence 'Fighter' not found in Mesh 'Diamond'
ScriptWarning: NexgenABMModeratePanel Transient.NexgenABMModeratePanel0 (Function Nexgen112N.NexgenRCPModerate.playerSelected:0050) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: UT_Eightball CTF-Niven.UT_Eightball8326 (Function Botpack.UT_Eightball.ClientReload.AnimEnd:0026) Accessed NoneScriptWarning: NexgenABMModeratePanel Transient.NexgenABMModeratePanel0 (Function Nexgen112N.NexgenRCPModerate.playerSelected:0050) Accessed None

Log available by request [Mesh 'Diamond' - UnrealTournament.log]

.seVered.][
09-25-2015, 07:33 AM
On the topic of FingerPrints: ..

I haven't run multiple clients lately, but I will proceed with further examination, however...
since it's monitoring your client connection, perhaps it could also send a message or some sort of notification that your fingerprint was attempted and a log entry (owning clients log perhaps?).

Scourge
09-25-2015, 10:46 AM
A couple quick ideas. Please like or dislike as appropriate:

- Mines should be 1/3 of their hp. They build far too quickly and block for five seconds or more.
- The ape cannon should refill at 1/20 of its speed. The other "super weapons" could refill with the same.

Higor
09-25-2015, 12:48 PM
Siege fingerprints aren't stored, they simply serve the purpose of ingame identification to make stats and score recovery possible, nothing else.

Scourge
09-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Can we get armor to update as fast as HP (and display properly like for when you have more than the standard 150 armor when donning a toxin suit), or is that an engine limitation?

Higor
09-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Can we get armor to update as fast as HP (and display properly like for when you have more than the standard 150 armor when donning a toxin suit), or is that an engine limitation?
I've tried to get around it countless of times, It's a very special and hardcoded condition I'm yet to find.

Known facts
- Armors appear to update every ~1 second.
- Item has a maximum update rate of the lowest between NetUpdateFrequency and 4 (hardcoded)
- Relevancy loop does not evaluate variables, only actors to send.
- When I duplicated the Update Rate on the item, the armor value updated every 0.5 second.
- On listen servers (player is host), the Charge update limitation doesn't exist (it updates as fast as other properties).

Guesses:
- Armor properties have special replication conditions:
-- If you don't own the item, all you get is the weapon's appearance and other basic things (inherited from Actor)
-- All item specific properties (charge, ammotype, ammo amount, etc) aren't sent to non-owners.
-- A few properties (ex: charge) appear to update only once every 4 loops (4hz > 1 update a second).

So far I disassembled the relevancy loop, and rewrote it completely, disassembled the update rate functions on items and nothing.
I took a quick look at the compiled code of the function that picks which variables to send, and Charge didn't have any special rules either.
So this weird rule is deeply hidden within the engine and I'm yet to find it, I guess it's somewhere around the comparison between the current and old versions of the item (where the engine determines which properties to update).

|uK|kenneth
09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
Can we now finally get the walk in tele back on pls jesus christ.

Higor
09-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Can we now finally get the walk in tele back on pls jesus christ.
That's a bug

--- Updated ---

In the meantime, I'll start LCWeapons_0016.

Added extra bugs to list.

Higor
09-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Public release:
http://www.unrealkillers.com/f68/lcweapons-build-0016-%5Blcweapons_0016%5D-6595/#post99475

Scourge
10-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I'd like anyone's thoughts on something like this:

Building: Catalyst
Cost: 5000, upgrade 1000
Tech tree: SS, SHP, 2x SC

Looks like a vortex swirling outward.
Fragile; ~1000 hp. Accelerates the build speed and passive effects of buildings made within a small radius. This radius, and the acceleration, increase with each upgrade. Effect increases after overtime.

Higor
10-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Antigravity gear!
Not as broken as my old prototype tho

ANTIGRAVITY GEAR (sgSuit) - 300 RU - 20,40,60,80,100 RU
- Negates 20% of the falling acceleration
- Duration: 3 + Level^1.21 (3-10, not exactly linear)
- Recharges at 0.5 s/s
- Disables Speed while in air.
- Disables itself if user has translocator in hand.
- Removes all other sgSuits ( jetpack, spy, rubber, metal, shrinker)
- Audible, will use RTNP's cloaker ambient sound (in b4 Camilo building scuba)
- Emits a small particle trail behind the player

Usages:
- Reach further with a Super Booster
- Jump above ground mines safely
- Combo with Jump Boots for extra lulz

Higor
10-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Accelerates the build speed and passive effects of buildings made within a small radius.
Siege already has this implemented lel, it's a hidden and unpolished feature but could be added.

It's the XC_Orb, you can run around with it and it can be stolen if the carrier is killed.
I could make it so that the orb gets takes explosion damage but not single target damage...

So nukes and rockets destroy it... but sneaky rippers could manage to steal it.

EDIT: The orb affects a single build.

Scourge
10-12-2015, 09:29 PM
Siege already has this implemented lel, it's a hidden and unpolished feature but could be added.

It's the XC_Orb, you can run around with it and it can be stolen if the carrier is killed.
I could make it so that the orb gets takes explosion damage but not single target damage...

So nukes and rockets destroy it... but sneaky rippers could manage to steal it.

EDIT: The orb affects a single build.

So if you use it on the core, everyone gets RU faster?

Higor
10-12-2015, 09:50 PM
The orb is limited to certain builds, Core is one of those that has no upgrade of any kind.

Chamberly
10-13-2015, 12:37 AM
summon SiegeIV_0018.sg_XC_Orb, or 19 if you have 19 installed..

I tried setting it as a midspawn, I don't think it's doing anything lol.

.seVered.][
10-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Why can't we use the Relic's and have 'The Helmet' and RU Bonus's and other armour? Like when you get a 'HeadShot' kill; a Relic will fall out of the corpse as a bonus.

Or instead of the body falling dead to the soil; it morphs into a Relic as it falls.

Scourge
10-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Nags:

- Weapons are briefly visible when switched while the player has invisibility.
- Shieldbelt and invis may render inconsistently across clients - Mine does not see shieldbelt, though different renderers or ini loadouts might.
- The dampener only dampens some weapons, does not suppress flashes, and does not lower projectile impact noises - This is not useful for much of anything except sniper leeching, and even then it's not great. I suggest changing it to the Suppressor or Silencer, and having it dampen or eliminate muzzle flashes, be upgradeable, and lower noises for all weapons, draws, and projectile impacts while active. (Obviously it might be less appropriate for it to lower the noise of item pickups, particularly of invis.)
- Feign death needs to be expanded to make players look like the many different other poses bodies can be found in. Having only two makes it fairly obvious when someone's faking it, especially when there's no blood spatter.
- Teleporters still die when trying to take mid on Burning 2012.

Chamberly
10-14-2015, 05:38 PM
Teleporters still die when trying to take mid on Burning 2012

I guess I'll go ahead and do this fix..

Scourge
10-15-2015, 12:20 PM
[;100359']Why can't we use the Relic's and have 'The Helmet' and RU Bonus's and other armour? Like when you get a 'HeadShot' kill; a Relic will fall out of the corpse as a bonus.

Or instead of the body falling dead to the soil; it morphs into a Relic as it falls.

Can you imagine this stuff stacking? This guy would get a damage relic and use his ru to buy amps and 1shot everyone.

Higor Since we've got the whole "nukes spawn in mid after overtime" thing going now, what do you think about the idea of passive RU accumulation accelerating throughout the game and accelerating even faster throughout overtime? Or maybe just through overtime.

Chamberly
10-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Let it rain... let it rain!!! Let it rain RU everywhere..
Let it rain... let it rain!!! It's freebie everywhere!

For moko and severed. lol.....^^^^^

.seVered.][
10-16-2015, 02:21 PM
Nags:
[- probably intentional -]
- The dampener only dampens some weapons, does not suppress flashes, and does not lower projectile impact noises - This is not useful for much of anything except sniper leeching, and even then it's not great. I suggest changing it to the Suppressor or Silencer [- good points; also opens possible MultiDampener feature when upgraded -], and having it dampen or eliminate muzzle flashes, be upgradeable, and lower noises for all weapons, draws, and projectile impacts while active. (Obviously it might be less appropriate for it to lower the noise of item pickups, particularly of invis.-
[- ?should already for pickups: especially invis > which spawns in a snap and is quite loud too so I would want the Dampener even if it ONLY did that. -which reminds me³ -])

- Teleporters still die when trying to take mid on Burning 2012.I guess I'll go ahead and do this fix..
This, I say, THIS .. would be WONDERFUL! Love'd that map and hate'd losing the Lava trick to the 'middle'. Please Do do and fix save us from this Do Do

Can you imagine this stuff stacking? @This guy (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1567) would get a damage relic and use his ru to buy amps and 1shot everyone.

Actually; the resulting outcome would probably be the opposite; since HeadShots are generally given at a distance; the Relic or RU dropped would be picked up by the other team and THEY would get the DamageAmp and thereby take down said invader @This guy with less trouble; bringing balance and harmony to all invaders alike.

@Higor (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1761) Since we've got the whole "nukes spawn in mid after overtime" thing going now [- only nukes in Overtime? Does the Time between spawns grow smaller as Time goes by? and even spawns faster and faster still if it's IN overtime?, what do you think about the idea of passive RU accumulation accelerating throughout the game and accelerating even faster throughout overtime? Or maybe just through overtime.[/QUOTE]

Let it rain... let it rain!!! Let it rain RU everywhere..
Let it rain... let it rain!!! It's freebie everywhere!
For moko and severed. lol.....^^^^^

LOL Freebie Frenzy! indeed

³Persistent Purchases - What if we could purchase an item that would remain in our inventory through out the match. I can purchase of 'option' either for another inventory item or for an Item that I retain even after death (or reconnect which ever come's first).

Items like: Extra ammo packs (GL-so if I have this purchased already and I pickup the GL; I can use the GAS or EMP feature without having to run back to base and buy them AFTER I pick it up. Or an enable option for Actions or Events; like dropping the Grenade's after you get killed in Call of Duty.

Higor
10-16-2015, 04:33 PM
[;100466]what do you think about the idea of passive RU accumulation accelerating throughout the game and accelerating even faster throughout overtime?
I'd end up using the RU to repair and defend lel, making mid spawn more frequently was the best choice.

That's the problem with a game engine hardcoded to limit the update rate of inventory to 4hz.
Too many hardcoded stuff in there causing this weird effect.

- Feign death needs to be expanded to make players look like the many different other poses bodies can be found in. Having only two makes it fairly obvious when someone's faking it, especially when there's no blood spatter.
I was jumped at my neck when I was seen using an enhanced feigndeath.
Sure, it's a bind... but the newest version of the Extender doesn't require a bind, it simply hasn't been put on the servers.

- Teleporters still die when trying to take mid on Burning 2012.
Not on my edit of burning 2012 (need a container to make it last more, tele won't last foverer), it simply hasn't been put on the servers.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
10-16-2015, 04:59 PM
I also have some questions :D

-Why dont make impossible rep the core at the 10 final minutes of regular time?

-Many times SPs turns invisible and it only become visible after it start shooting me, so i can't snipe sps discreetly. I need to expose myself and go back to the wall (or any other protection) for snipe any build. This happens to everyone? You have any plan for fix this?

Scourge
10-16-2015, 05:58 PM
AdRiaN;100473']-Many times SPs turns invisible and it only become visible after it start shooting me, so i can't snipe sps discreetly. I need to expose myself and go back to the wall (or any other protection) for snipe any build. This happens to everyone? You have any plan for fix this?

It seems many buildings have the same issue where they will not render unless you have direct line of sight to their centers.

Higor
10-16-2015, 10:56 PM
AdRiaN;100473]-Many times SPs turns invisible and it only become visible after it start shooting me, so i can't snipe sps discreetly. I need to expose myself and go back to the wall (or any other protection) for snipe any build. This happens to everyone? You have any plan for fix this?
I already fixed it, it's called XC_Engine.

Chamberly
10-16-2015, 11:20 PM
AdRiaN;100473]-Many times SPs turns invisible and it only become visible after it start shooting me, so i can't snipe sps discreetly. I need to expose myself and go back to the wall (or any other protection) for snipe any build. This happens to everyone? You have any plan for fix this?

Check it out on the dev server in the sig. it's using XC_Engine to let you play around with this.

Scourge
10-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Suggestion, rather than accelerating RU:

Have people who build/upgrade stuff get passive RU (and points) from successfully functioning buildings that they built/upgraded (containers repairing, SPs damaging victims, teleport leading to nukes built or building damage)... And lose RU (and points) for having their buildings damaged.

Implement this properly, and you cut down on spam and crappy building, while encouraging and rewarding good builders.

Scourge
10-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Another thought: Let's rescind the supplier spam rule (especially the "once per life" rule, which is kind of arbitrary and doesn't necessarily help), and have the supplier instead "charge up" every time it's attacked. Effects on full charges might be:

- Damage is converted to healing for a brief period of time, but ammo supply rate is slowed;
- Damage is negated for a brief period of time;
- Ammo and health are dispensed far more quickly;
- Or, my favorite, unblockable lightning strikes all enemy players within visible radius on full charge for a very brief period of time, dealing 200 damage instantly :troll:

|uK|fleecey
10-26-2015, 10:10 PM
can we please fix the jetpack bug?

Not everyone has a walking key when playing siege to get it fixed..

Scourge
10-27-2015, 02:31 AM
[;100466']³Persistent Purchases - What if we could purchase an item that would remain in our inventory through out the match. I can purchase of 'option' either for another inventory item or for an Item that I retain even after death (or reconnect which ever come's first).

Items like: Extra ammo packs (GL-so if I have this purchased already and I pickup the GL; I can use the GAS or EMP feature without having to run back to base and buy them AFTER I pick it up. Or an enable option for Actions or Events; like dropping the Grenade's after you get killed in Call of Duty.

I would absolutely love to see this implemented. Granted, you'd probably need to make it REALLY expensive, making it suitable only for overtime (or a big risk instead of nukes), and limit it to one persistent item at a time per player, but I like the basic concept.

Siege has a very rough "class" setup; it would be interesting to see roles specialize and evolve constantly until after overtime, when things get really insane.

Chamberly
10-27-2015, 03:58 AM
Extra ammo packs

I tried to make an ammo build category for all of the excluded non-refillable weapons, didn't get em all tho.

.seVered.][
10-27-2015, 04:01 PM
I would absolutely love to see this implemented. Granted, you'd probably need to make it REALLY expensive, making it suitable only for overtime (or a big risk instead of nukes), and limit it to one persistent item at a time per player, but I like the basic concept.

Siege has a very rough "class" setup; it would be interesting to see roles specialize and evolve constantly until after overtime, when things get really insane.

Yes, we discussed (and explored) the role specialization for Siege, almost like a football game (offense, Defense, and the individual positions as well .. which was more like basketball -> Forward , Guard etc.). Siege is a complex array of techniques; and a good match has everyone playing their roles. So if you can select your role at the beginning of the match; you get a different set of objects and builds to choose from (more armor for defensive roles; more ammo for offensive etc; etc;)

Higor
10-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Siege can't grow too intrincate.
One of the reasons I'm not constantly adding builds, and adding roles would essentially cause too much confusion and conflicts already.

The only thing role related I was going to add was the 'AI guider', basically it's applying the AI that makes bots play Siege to players in form of instructions, ideal for noobs trying to learn the game.
I gotta say that I left the AI guider untouched for a long time and I should pick it up as soon as I get another playable build going.

Scourge
10-28-2015, 03:59 AM
Siege can't grow too intrincate.
One of the reasons I'm not constantly adding builds, and adding roles would essentially cause too much confusion and conflicts already.

The only thing role related I was going to add was the 'AI guider', basically it's applying the AI that makes bots play Siege to players in form of instructions, ideal for noobs trying to learn the game.
I gotta say that I left the AI guider untouched for a long time and I should pick it up as soon as I get another playable build going.

A tutorial map in the style of the original UT tut maps would be awesome. Mirror it many times over, allow language translation, and put it on its own server, and you have an instant siege training ground.

One more suggestion, and I hope people will downvote this to hell if they disagree: RU crystals should only give out about 1 ru per millisecond, divvied out between all other players standing in the crystal, allowing players to effectively control the middle with buildings or fragging instead of just having luckspam grab all the RU. A well-placed mine can prevent players from getting mid weapons, so why not huge RU bonuses?

Higor
10-28-2015, 05:51 AM
RU crystals should only give out about 1 ru per millisecond, divvied out between all other players standing in the crystal, allowing players to effectively control the middle with buildings or fragging instead of just having luckspam grab all the RU.
Sweet Castle Blood scenarios in Age of Empires 2, the Rambit and Eternal Blood ones were amazing.
Controlling the middle of the map with your soldiers and seeing them get stronger while outlasting all other players trying to get you out of there.

One way to implement this would be in the form of a visible field, spawns mid and lasts until the mid spawner adds a new item.
So you have a 40 seconds or so window to stand mid and charge yourself with health, RU and special weapons ammo (insta, leecher, pulse, ape, GL)

.seVered.][
10-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Midspawn Analysis of Simplex][ in Overtime [October 28, From 4:36pm to 5:20pm]

Spawn Item Picked UP
36:25 metal
38:00 flame
40:40 metal
42:19 metal
43:34 [missed it]
45:19 2400 RU
47:02 2400 RU 47:13
48:48 flame 49:06 [1:46]
50:09 Damage 50:25 [1.19]
51:20 flame 51:21 [1.11]
52:23 rubber 51:31 [1.13]
54:14 2400 54:15
56.49 metal 56.52
59.25 metal 59.37
02.12 metal 02.12
04.45 metal 04.58
06.53 flame 06.55
07.34 flame 07.42
08.47 damage 08.49
11.23 [no spawn] 11.23
12.33 green 12.33
15.09 metal 15.09
17.43 [no spawn] 17.43
18.52 asmd 9.08
20.14 green
end of match

Summation: Times seemed to be effected when metal suit spawned [perhaps next spawn doesn't occur until metal suit carrier is killed]. Definitely seemed to be random or not on the mark times. This was a sudden analysis and was not quite prepared but will attempt another on the next full server overtime game. Couldn't finish calculating the times between spawns.. had to leave.

Higor
10-28-2015, 08:50 PM
The 'next' item determines spawn time, just find chis' post with the spawn rules... should be somewhere around

Igor
10-31-2015, 09:45 AM
have a tiny idea to discuss, inspired by a great job of Siege developers.

Looking through the posts outlined some Problems:
- complains on random-morons and rage-quitters removing another's stuff
- debates around removing obvious leech buildings
- mistakes while removing building

Have a Proposition:
1) Disallow removing another's buildings
2) Allow removing another's building by cooperation of 2 or more players

Effects & consequences:
- helps to resolve above problems in most cases
- new mechanism will be a base for new cooperation facilities

waiting for your thoughts, also have extra :)

Higor
10-31-2015, 02:22 PM
A function won't do proper judgement of a cluster of builds, showing how much damage it's taken instead is a good way to figure out a build is being hit too much or not.

.seVered.][
11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
have a tiny idea to discuss, inspired by a great job of Siege developers.

Looking through the posts outlined some Problems:
- complains on random-morons and rage-quitters removing another's stuff

----------Usually handled from IRC posts [using say !admin Dag Nabbit! He's removing my toys! while playing]- debates around removing obvious leech buildings -----see *
- mistakes while removing building -----see *

Have a Proposition:
1) Disallow removing another's buildings -----see *
2) Allow removing another's building by cooperation of 2 or more players

----- this would never work. We can't even get people to TALK to each other [language barriers] let alone agree on what's for lunch.

Effects & consequences:
- helps to resolve above problems in most cases
- new mechanism will be a base for new cooperation facilities

waiting for your thoughts, also have extra :)

----- * However, what about MOVING another players build. We could use the 'hold' option to 'pick up' a build instead of remove it. While holding the build you could move around and it would move with you, and put it where you want it. There would have to be limits on something like this though; say you could only MOVE someone else's build 1 time. So each build would have to read your finger print and remember things.

- Most of the code for this option should already be available; Higor's map 'sgOutworldHold Beta' implements this feature with the rocks that fall and land when you Nuke the Big Boulders blocking the passage to the mountain top. I think you press the mousewheel down button while standing next to a small rock and it will pick it up.

Chamberly
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Maybe add in an approval remove build option so only players that are "registered" can remove build. Anyone that is new, won't be able to remove build at all until they are registered.

Sample command for admin/mod to approve player: Mutate approve Playername
Awhile when that happen, it should collect who approved the player (collect admin/mod name), when, and the rest of the client info of said approved player. :P

But to gain an approval, must be reasonable, and if anyone who revoked their build removal permission, the permission is revoked by admin/mod entering: Mutate revoke Playername (feel free to add via match # as 3game, or days as 3day.) Mutate revoke Legacy 5d... etc. or Perm- Mutate revoke dummyplayer perm.
This also logs which admin/mod revoked a player and when.

Just an idea. I highly doubt this is going to go anywhere but maybe a little thought count.

.seVered.][
11-02-2015, 08:22 PM
... and with limitations on the distance it could be moved and how long it could be held ...etc..etc.. and how many (only 1 is allowed to be held)

I can just see it now... CHIMP running into the enemy base holding Kenneth's SuperProctror ...

Igor
11-03-2015, 02:18 PM
----- * However, what about MOVING another players build.
Nice idea!

CHIMP running into the enemy base holding Kenneth's SuperProctror ...
LOL! Not so far ! May be PUSH except MOVE would be enough ?

Higor's map 'sgOutworldHold Beta' implements this feature
Amazing, how many aces has Higor got in his sleeves!

There would have to be limits on something like this though
The problem "who/what allowed" remains.

Maybe add in an approval remove build option so only players that are "registered" can remove build.
This is a simple and clear way, at first glance.
Admins & Mods always judge us.
Only worry about incoming drama, if players are splitted into registered and not-registered..

----- this would never work. We can't even get people to TALK to each other [language barriers] let alone agree on what's for lunch.
Exactly! This is the KEY PROBLEM (!)
Ive seeded this to up the problem of a lack of a visual cooperation facilities in Siege...
To be continued..

Chamberly
11-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Only worry about incoming drama, if players are splitted into registered and not-registered..

I think it would be a considered private option as it only show they can remove their own build but disable the option to remove other build.

.seVered.][
11-04-2015, 04:11 PM
On a different note ...

what about expanding the Mini Nuke to a Stinger Missile, commonly known as a SAM missile. A smaller faster nuke (or NonNuclear) weapon that locks on to targets (like rampant jetpackers in Clarion Pro) that is harder to take down. Perhaps ... not as expensive as a nuke, but can be upgraded to add Guidance and increase range or damage of the Missile.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/FIM-92_Stinger_USMC.JPG/450px-FIM-92_Stinger_USMC.JPG

The FIM-92 Stinger is a Man-Portable Air-Defense System (MANPADS) that operates as an infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM). It can be adapted to fire from a wide variety of ground vehicles and helicopters (as an AAM). Developed in the United States this weapon system entered service in 1981 and is used by the militaries of the United States and by 29 other countries. It is principally manufactured by Raytheon Missile Systems and is produced under license by EADS in Germany and by Roketsan in Turkey with 70,000 missiles produced.

Higor
11-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Updated Dev2 server: unreal://193.111.136.210:7788
- SiegeIV_0020 open for testing (Chamberly is redirect working?).
- CacusMapVote with random map option.

Chamberly
11-05-2015, 04:56 PM
(Chamberly is redirect working?).

Yes, I have an automatic payment set up on that.
https://i.gyazo.com/39d9276b9f1ed083824625395419afc2.png
Seem like it's still going.
https://i.gyazo.com/dc25b06f661a39f1efe0173d30563c2c.png lel look like I got most of the missing files covered on redirect :>

Scourge
11-06-2015, 10:11 PM
Red shock and insta look too similar in 4-way. Make the insta hot pink.

Chamberly
11-07-2015, 10:05 PM
An idea (excuse my evilness)..

Have a snow globe, pick it up with grab and put down with grab (bind/command), put characters in it and shake the snow globe as watching player being smacked around in their base losing health like a voodoo curse. Until the nuker got killed if I shake the snow globe very well... %p% was carrying a WARHEAD!!!|%p% was cursed by %o%! LEL..
Gotta love slap action on semi-admin. :P

Igor
11-21-2015, 03:29 PM
Ive seeded this to up the problem of a lack of a visual cooperation facilities in Siege...

You've built an awesome unique playground, combined incompatible - shooter+strategy. SiegeIV has plenty of exciting features, furthermore - well ballanced. IMHO, it's nearly ideal for PUG, where each of Pros knows what and where to do.
But in PUB there are more players of various skills, so Chat&TS become too messy and useless. Also notice simultaneous aiming, tracking Chat&TS, planning base, pointing tactical objectives.

The question: What can we borrow from other strategy games that will help newcomers and teamleaders to learn, teach, win, so have more fun?

I think of the INFO-TAG that players could place on map to inform teammates about their plans, needs and threats.
This TAG will bring (1) location-specific, (2) permanent and (3) visible info. It will stimulate to share ideas, IMHO.

Imagine scenarios:
- Base-builders could place PleaseUpgrade-TAG on building instead of spamming messages.
- Base-builders could place PleaseBuildSP-TAG instead of begging RU, so noobs can build and learn.
- Attackers could TAG Hot Tele or best way to attack. ...

Another advantage: INFO-TAG will exist in non-physical layer, so it won't interfere with existing Siege mechanics which is extremely complicated and so volatile. Recently Higor uploaded sources to github, so other contributers can help him implement detached features.

Higor
11-21-2015, 03:41 PM
Visual feedback has slowly become a priority lately.
The building rules being visible on constructor, the RU gained after leeching...

I just need to see if the damn crashes are gone!!

Igor
11-21-2015, 03:52 PM
I just need to see if the damn crashes are gone!!
Have you tested v20 yet?

Chamberly
11-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Have you tested v20 yet?

This is what we need testing on. Just 2 of us not gonna really determine if it all cleared up or not. You can visit the development server as mentioned in the sig and vote for Siege freebuild and just play around and if it crash report back here.

Yash
11-22-2015, 01:36 PM
This is what we need testing on. Just 2 of us not gonna really determine if it all cleared up or not. You can visit the development server as mentioned in the sig and vote for Siege freebuild and just play around and if it crash report back here.

hmmmnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even remembered the last crash of ur server chamber lol.

Chamberly
11-22-2015, 02:46 PM
It's not about server crash. It's about what happened last time... when clients keep crashing out.. just play on it for awhile and if you crashed out, report the log msg here or something.

Igor
11-23-2015, 02:50 AM
It's not about server crash. It's about what happened last time...

Are you talking about v20 or this problem common for all versions?
I suppose v18 is stable - am I right? If so, the problem is with v19(20) under load (it seems stable for a single player).
How are you going to do v20 load testing while dev server is always empty?

Maybe invite specs idling on full PUB to play on DEV ?

Chamberly
11-23-2015, 03:29 AM
v0020 have improvement which we aim to go for.

The problem about dev server being empty was no one going there anyway, everyone just play on the public... <insert million of other excuses>.

I'd do that but not without admin's permission for 'stealing traffic' or something like that.

Higor
11-23-2015, 01:14 PM
Something in Masteroid crashed all clients out, including mine that's running a collision hash replacement on it...
If I were to guess... it would be a #NAN location value screwing up all physics.

Igor
11-28-2015, 02:04 AM
Visual feedback has slowly become a priority lately.
Oh, I see, you have a lot to do.
So, Ive just made a draft implementation of this idea to realize if it worse the further efforts.
Anyway, it was interesting to dive into UE1 for a couple days as this is my first try ;)
Unfortunately, beyongunreal is often offline ((

Igor
11-30-2015, 07:29 AM
v0020 have improvement which we aim to go for.
Is there any way to test new feature ( INFO-TAG based on SiegeIV_0020) on Dev server to see if it works with nn and other stuff?

Chamberly
11-30-2015, 08:15 AM
Dev server to see if it works with nn and other stuff?

Trust me I tried this on the other server I have, and it does not work. Nothing but crashes the server hardcore.

Higor
01-02-2016, 03:13 AM
0021 up at Dev2 unreal://193.111.136.210:7788

|uK|kenneth
01-03-2016, 01:19 PM
k lets talk about the new update which didn't turn out great for me

upgrade system: there was nothing wrong with the upgrade system we had? made 2 mines today upgraded it like i normally do and it turned out that i upped it to level 5... happened twice man its good when you up people so it goes faster but i think that should be the only case you up faster no need to make it faster for upgrading builds like conts or suplier that's changing the concept of how siege was/is.

repair system: i'd say go back to the one we had, was nothing with it right?. its harder to repair now...... |uK|fleecey knows what i mean

constructor scrren: OMGOSH this huge giant screen that pups up when you take out the constructor all i have to say is WHY? WHY? WHY?... why was this needed.

you respawn with a piston in your hands? da fuq and when you switch to basic weapon you get 2 of them instant? -.-''''''

the only possitive thing i've seen so far was the way you can see how much ru you earn by shooting stuff or killing someone.

i know you spend alot of time into this along with fixing maps but this was not needed man except for the green line i wrote.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Also the warping when you respawn. I had it happen a few times when playing as well, but every respawn I felt like I was about to hit light speed with the way the view stretched and then followed by lag delay, only lasted a few seconds, but those few seconds made sure I missed and they didn't.

We had this discussion about the constructor before and that an option to use the default simple constructor as the new one is distracting. I am right handed and to have it on the left is disorientating for me.
Now to rep anyone I have to repeatedly click mouse button where as before I could just hold it down. In some cases I could not repair certain people at all no matter what I did.

Please give the option back for the old constructor or keep the new one but get rid of the screen attached, it is nothing but distracting and a hindrance in a fast paced game.

It is very much appreciated the effort that has gone into it but the old phrase "if it isn't broke then don't try to fix it." applies here. DEV testing is a whole other world compared to the fast paced pub server.

I would assume this will be removed and the bugs fixed, but I have a request that (if possible) all mods can remove every single build. The reason is for example yesterday on simplex, a SB was built by a noobie player and then he left, it was irritating being so close to the SS and needed to be removed.

Chamberly
01-03-2016, 02:24 PM
I have like 2 things to mention.

Either the constructor being too sensitive on alt fire or what, sometimes it probably skip Repair or Remove... I was trying to repair a SC but it end up removing it. (Inc whole game nerd rage but someone built it back as it was less than 10% and I automatically upgraded it back to 5)

& the repair, it just kinda work when you spam the fire button though (I don't have a repair on bind). So that was it.

|uK|fleecey
01-03-2016, 02:32 PM
k lets talk about the new update which didn't turn out great for me

upgrade system: there was nothing wrong with the upgrade system we had? made 2 mines today upgraded it like i normally do and it turned out that i upped it to level 5... happened twice man its good when you up people so it goes faster but i think that should be the only case you up faster no need to make it faster for upgrading builds like conts or suplier that's changing the concept of how siege was/is.

repair system: i'd say go back to the one we had, was nothing with it right?. its harder to repair now...... |uK|fleecey knows what i mean

constructor scrren: OMGOSH this huge giant screen that pups up when you take out the constructor all i have to say is WHY? WHY? WHY?... why was this needed.

you respawn with a piston in your hands? da fuq and when you switch to basic weapon you get 2 of them instant? -.-''''''

the only possitive thing i've seen so far was the way you can see how much ru you earn by shooting stuff or killing someone.

i know you spend alot of time into this along with fixing maps but this was not needed man except for the green line i wrote.

Agreed with everything kenneth said.

Just make it optional about the showing the constructor or not, i really dislike it.

I feel like its not worth repping anyone when it doesnt seem to work.

and I also agree that we know you put a lot of effort of fixing siege for us, but some things should just stick as it was.

Chamberly
01-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Aware of repair is broken.

The one with the upgrade being fast is depend on the Fire/Buildit/binds. Let's say you build a mine, and you use a bind to upgrade it, if you spam it, it'll go up to the max so the situation here is to keep an eye out on what bind is being used like the one that use Fire|bFire or anything additional as it'll add up and the control of spamming the left click. I had to do the same for altfire... either my mouse is deadly too fast for this or I blame myself. :)

Have anyone noticed anything using the translocator? :3 You can share it! xD

I have no comment on constructor screen as I normally play without weaponview on.

Higor
01-04-2016, 03:06 AM
Fix your weapon priorities son, you choose what weapon you spawn with now.

t turned out that i upped it to level 5
Count your taps, tap 3 times the upgrade bind and you upgrade 3 times. Be honest, the old bug where you forced the constructor into idle was an aberration (which also caused one to build 10 rocket cannons in 2 seconds).

repair system: i'd say go back to the one we had, was nothing with it right?. its harder to repair now......
Will fix this somewhere within the week.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, this weird translocator mechanic where you pick up a disrupted trans and die everytime you try to use it, never saw that one coming.

- - - Updated - - -

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105232]all mods can remove every single build.
Try removing bad Super Protectors more often, you may get lucky now.

Chamberly
01-04-2016, 03:31 AM
BTW, this weird translocator mechanic where you pick up a disrupted trans and die everytime you try to use it, never saw that one coming.
I still gotta test this thingy... but I'm guessing if someone picked up the xloc, and you get the trans, you'd probably die?
However, I did pick up the dead xloc, then trans, didn't die.
Another thing I think I noticed was when I was trying to pick up a dead xloc, it wouldn't let me pick it up, but couldn't find the trans. The trans was from the other team.

I got chainsaw out of this weapon priorities. lol I'll try to do something.
[Engine.PlayerPawn]
WeaponPriority[0]=Translocator
WeaponPriority[1]=sgEnforcer
WeaponPriority[2]=sgConstructor
WeaponPriority[3]=enforcer
WeaponPriority[4]=doubleenforcer
WeaponPriority[5]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[6]=ChainSaw
WeaponPriority[7]=ut_biorifle
WeaponPriority[8]=sgPulseGun
WeaponPriority[9]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[10]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[11]=sgMinigun
WeaponPriority[12]=SuperShockRifle
WeaponPriority[13]=PulseGun
WeaponPriority[14]=sgNukeLauncher
WeaponPriority[15]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[16]=ripper
WeaponPriority[17]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[18]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[19]=UT_Eightball

Banny
01-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Please add an option so we can go back to old constructor. I know you work hard and I appreciate your effort but some people (like me) don't like a huge ass screen infront of me when i am playing. tbh, it's distracting for me.

Also as kenneth mentioned about the upgrade. I think we can add a setting in constructor 'FastUpgrade'. Who ever is comfortable with the new upgrade can set it to true others can set it to false. In this way everybody can enjoy the game.

|uK|fleecey
01-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Please add an option so we can go back to old constructor. I know you work hard and I appreciate your effort but some people (like me) don't like a huge ass screen infront of me when i am playing. tbh, it's distracting for me.

Also as kenneth mentioned about the upgrade. I think we can add a setting in constructor 'FastUpgrade'. Who ever is comfortable with the new upgrade can set it to true others can set it to false. In this way everybody can enjoy the game.

That would be awesome, I like the old way how you upgrade buildings!

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
The one with the upgrade being fast is depend on the Fire/Buildit/binds. Let's say you build a mine, and you use a bind to upgrade it, if you spam it, it'll go up to the max so the situation here is to keep an eye out on what bind is being used like the one that use Fire|bFire or anything additional as it'll add up and the control of spamming the left click. I had to do the same for altfire... either my mouse is deadly too fast for this or I blame myself.

its not binds its when you rightclick and it upgrades superfast....

like mentioned before repair is broken

I dont see what the problem is with the constructor display itself? Mine is still the old constructor

I spawn with piston and my priorities are correct......

|uK|fleecey
01-04-2016, 03:47 PM
I notice when you rep the core and check f1 to see the status, both cores says 0..

Higor
01-04-2016, 03:58 PM
I notice when you rep the core and check f1 to see the status, both cores says 0..
Been happening since I started playing Siege, I guess it's something with the network... or the server trying to send you the list of cores before the cores themselves are sent.

I spawn with piston and my priorities are correct......
Newest versions of Siege and LCWeapons no longer use custom weapon entries for priorities, I suggest you to clean your User.ini of those.
Might as well setup your priority list as we've always done before that cancerous zeroping came up.
PD: Since XC_Engine is on public server, these binds work 100% too:
- GetWeapon Translocator (default on Q)
- Any other GetWeapon bind except Siege super weapons
Welcome to 2016

- - - Updated - - -

If there's any other bug speak up, I have 22 almost ready and I don't want another day-1 patch.

|uK|fleecey
01-04-2016, 04:50 PM
I dont know if this has to do witht he new version, but was playing bathroom and Skarn was shooting me with rockets and they disappeared and not just with rockets, i been shooting with bio and using flak and same happen their, they just disappear and nothing happens...

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-04-2016, 05:54 PM
which picture is the correct order higor? lol picture doesnt really make it clear just shows differences?

Have one other qualm which has happened for a while since you started to develop siege, whenever you switch from constructor to nuke it sometimes stays on the constructor and vice versa, have had scenarios where this has caused me to think im on my constructor leading me to trying to upgrade my trans or jetpack or make an amp or speed etc and go through constructor menu when really im on my nuke still - but it shows it as my constructor up? You can guess what happens next... I either fire primary nuke out or secondary depending on what im wanting to do with constructor.... Has only happened on any of your versions of siege....... prior to that no problems?

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-04-2016, 05:56 PM
different to fleece's question I think rockets got fixed? they finally land where they are supposed to and register? yeehaw plis confirm

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-04-2016, 06:22 PM
Fix your weapon priorities son, you choose what weapon you spawn with now.

Try removing bad Super Protectors more often, you may get lucky now.

I have the constructor as priority and still spawn with hammer.

You didn't really address the comment regarding removal, it is all builds that are really bad. Why would I remove SP's? that is probably one of the main builds I wouldn't even think about removing.

The repair function is flawed in comparison with certain players play style, its nice saying click X amount of times, but you don't seem to get everyone will have different styles of how they play. I have never repeat clicked, I always held down to repair and always held the button down for upgrade and let go when it gets to the lvl I want. Now that style of play I have got used to for a long time has been mangled because of this change.

Why does it always have to be forcing people into how you envisaged the game should be played, instead of compensating for various styles. I mean that with all due respect but it always feels like everyone is forced to do it your way.

I am actually surprised it is still on the pub server in its current state. The constructor alone is a basis for removal until you add the choice for people to switch between old and new. I am not left handed like you and having constructor on the left is really disorientating. I would like to know how you managed to keep old constructor |uK|B|aZe//.

Higor
01-04-2016, 07:43 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105327]You didn't really address the comment regarding removal, it is all builds that are really bad. Why would I remove SP's? that is probably one of the main builds I wouldn't even think about removing.
I don't know, it's been like that from before I picked up, maybe because of the harm that's done when removing those builds when in good positions.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105327]The repair function is flawed in comparison with certain players play style, its nice saying click X amount of times, but you don't seem to get everyone will have different styles of how they play. I have never repeat clicked, I always held down to repair and always held the button down for upgrade and let go when it gets to the lvl I want. Now that style of play I have got used to for a long time has been mangled because of this change.

Why does it always have to be forcing people into how you envisaged the game should be played, instead of compensating for various styles. I mean that with all due respect but it always feels like everyone is forced to do it your way.
So bugs are intentional changes to force players to play buggedly.
What next? I'm secretly trying to take down the Siege server?

- - - Updated - - -

Now to the biggest of the biggest of points, has any non-XC_Engine client crashed non-stop lately with FCollisionHash messages?
If not, then the test is declared a success.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-05-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't know, it's been like that from before I picked up, maybe because of the harm that's done when removing those builds when in good positions.

I mean can it be applied maybe as a Nexgen plugin so moderators can remove problematic builds like I said previously, not everyone having the ability to remove everything.

By forced I mean the constructor for example, that is a huge game changer for a lot of people.

You are very stubborn Higor, you cannot deny that, as you are the siege dev you know the complete inner workings and what in your opinion is best, others who dislike it need to get used to it because you refuse to change it.

Not trying to piss on your fireworks Higor, your work is very much appreciated but there are a lot of bugs in the latest version, not the odd one. I have experience with mod dev as well remember and I would never leave a version on the server and make people suffer while I investigate mistakes I created unknowingly, I roll back to the previous version so no players have to deal with the bugs.

Is there a changelog posted anywhere? I would like to look at the things that have been added/changed for this latest version. I think there are many advantages and information I am not getting which could improve my game play methods.

My posts are not intentionally attacks or having ago. It is my view and opinion which has always been raw.

Higor
01-05-2016, 01:45 PM
BREIZU I found the bug with switch priority... it's in LCWeapons (:wallbash).
A temporary workaround is to disable double enforcer spawn with core on level 5, your pick.

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?t=3575&page=14&p=105361#post105361

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-05-2016, 04:25 PM
okay will do that then, what about the nuke constructor issue? any ideas on that?

Higor
01-05-2016, 04:29 PM
What kind of constructor bind are you using?

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-05-2016, 04:32 PM
G=SwitchWeapon 10|Setmode 0 0

switches between sniper/constructor/nuke

Higor
01-05-2016, 04:50 PM
different to fleece's question I think rockets got fixed? they finally land where they are supposed to and register? yeehaw plis confirm
LCWeapons still operating as usual, you can completely kill prediction now to prevent that effect... you'll be losing that slight advantage with non-LC weapons tho.

MUTATE PREDICTION shows a guide on how to use it, which is this:

MUTATE PREDICTION VALUE to control the prediction cap
> Add a numeric value (in ms), 0 disables prediction.
> Add DEFAULT as value to let the server control the prediction cap.

Regarding the constructor, the only buggy bind I've found so far is SelectMode.
SelectMode is coded to immediately put down the active weapon, but that cause weird behaviour if you're firing.
I've not been able to reproduce strange weapon switch behaviour
JoyZ=GetWeapon sgTranslocator|Selectmode 1 0|Buildit

I'm still gonna try your bind for a while.

Chamberly
01-05-2016, 11:13 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105350]I mean can it be applied maybe as a Nexgen plugin so moderators can remove problematic builds like I said previously, not everyone having the ability to remove everything.

It was never brought up before (not that I've seen any on the forum here) but you know as some peoples are, they will remove anything and players will complain and it cause the negative impact to carry on because originally, the rule stated no one allowed to remove build without permission, etc.

I don't think it'll be a Nexgen plugin though, it'll have to be defined in a new siege class permission obtaining Nexgen permission or maybe an separate ini, whichever will be easier to declare setting in the code. However, to slightly trail off topic: CacusMapVote use Nexgen permission so anyone who try to kick a Mod or an Admin, it prevent the kick from happening. Now to put it together, Siege can set up collecting the player's Nexgen permission (like CacusMapVote) to allow mass removal & no kick, or as I wish to obtain the same permission on my server to mass remove/no kick. Sure, an only-admin command can remove everything (killall SuperProtector as stated in xconsole feature) but I don't wanna remove all the build at once. .seVered.][ take note you might be interested to test this when you get time.

Higor
01-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Btw, if the Nexgen detection doesn't work, I'll have a tiny serveractor made to make moderators have unrestricted constructors, now it's actually possible, even if I messed up so please test if you can remove bad builds and report.
(I used SpawnCopy... but I doubt it's actually being called)
@all mods

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-07-2016, 10:57 AM
not sure if there has been another update but "Admins and Nexgen moderators can remove all buildings except core" doesn't work, Yesterday on clarion a player who will be banned the next time I see him built a troll certain death tele in the supplier and then left. I tried several times to remove it but it didn't happen. In the end a nuke destroyed it, most of the team fell to their death not realising what happened and then fell in it again.

Another thing I am struggling on is the RU system, what are the colour changes about? The main one is I see the red RU amount and my RU is frozen, sometimes I am nowhere near anybody and havent built anything yet I get penalised for something? Any light on this would be appreciated.

Chamberly The remove would only be open to mods, not all players. It is a way the above problem could be solved before half the server starts to rage.

|uK|kenneth
01-07-2016, 11:04 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105495]The main one is I see the red RU amount and my RU is frozen, sometimes I am nowhere near anybody and havent built anything yet I get penalised for something? Any light on this would be appreciated.

that's probably because one of your team mate(s) is shooting the suplier repeatedly. it should count down. the green is ru earning orange is when someone kills you or you suicide.

(never knew i lose 10 ru when getting killed.)

Higor
01-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Gonna make a Nexgen plugin to unrestrict constructors then.
Careful when removing though, buildings apparently locked don't have the highest priority in the constructor for obvious reasons (prevent accidental removals).
So when removing try an make sure the bad build is the only thing near your crosshair.

pd: So far the only thing that succesfully gives unrestricted removal is an adminlogin.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Gonna make a Nexgen plugin to unrestrict constructors then.
Careful when removing though, buildings apparently locked don't have the highest priority in the constructor for obvious reasons (prevent accidental removals).
So when removing try an make sure the bad build is the only thing near your crosshair.

pd: So far the only thing that succesfully gives unrestricted removal is an adminlogin.

Yeah, I was careful not to have the SS highlighted, was hard because the tele was inside it. The worst thought I had was someone might boost me a little and then I remove the SS, the raging would be bad.

Higor
01-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Big responsibility to mods when their constructors become unrestricted.
(The ugly ass panel shows you what's about to be removed, consider enabling it for a few seconds to double check when you see overlapping bad builds)

Chamberly
01-08-2016, 12:20 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X]The remove would only be open to mods, not all players.

I never say anything about having remove permission for all players.

Um... SAM check the quote, it's not displaying correctly.

Higor
01-08-2016, 01:13 AM
I left the plugin in both servers for testing these couple of days, they use lots of dynamic array code. (I don't regret this, even if it requires XC_Engine)
Hopefully they won't crash anything.

Tested on v436 Linux and no issues.
Now need to test on v451 windows and it's troublesome memory allocator.

- - - Updated - - -
Chamberly let me know when tests can be conducted on your server.

- - - Updated - - -
SAM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58384316/UT99/sgIV_0016_mod.u?dl=1
Add as ServerActor: sgIV_0016_mod.sgIV_0016_mod

Looks an awful lot to Unreal Engine 2/3 unrealscript, love doing this stuff with dynamic arrays.

//================================================== ===========================
// sgIV_0016_mod.
// Finds nexgen moderators and enables unrestricted constructors
// Designed for maximum polling and minimum resource usage
// Wait 12 seconds after player joins, and perform single NexGen check
// FIFO design, add to highest element, only poll zero element for timeouts
//================================================== ===========================
class sgIV_0016_mod expands Actor;

struct PlayerInfo
{
var PlayerPawn Player;
var float Timeout;
};
struct PlayerConstructorData
{
var PlayerPawn Player;
var Inventory Constructor;
};

var transient array<PlayerInfo> NewPlayers;
var transient array<PlayerConstructorData> Moderators;
var int CurrentID;

// XC_Engine interface
native(640) static final function int Array_Length_PI( out array<PlayerInfo> Ar, optional int SetSize);
native(640) static final function int Array_Length_PCD( out array<PlayerConstructorData> Ar, optional int SetSize);
native(641) static final function bool Array_Insert_PI( out array<PlayerInfo> Ar, int Offset, optional int Count );
native(641) static final function bool Array_Insert_PCD( out array<PlayerConstructorData> Ar, int Offset, optional int Count );
native(642) static final function bool Array_Remove_PI( out array<PlayerInfo> Ar, int Offset, optional int Count );
native(642) static final function bool Array_Remove_PCD( out array<PlayerConstructorData> Ar, int Offset, optional int Count );

// Validate server requirements and tell game to Trigger us when ended
event PreBeginPlay()
{
Tag = 'EndGame';
if ( !Level.Game.IsA('SiegeGI') )
Destroy();
else if ( int( ConsoleCommand("get ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine XC_Version")) < 10 )
{
Warn("Requires at least XC_Engine version 10");
Destroy();
}
}

// Poll on every single frame
event Tick( float DeltaTime)
{
ScanNewPlayers();
PollNewPlayers();
PollModerators();
}

// Game is telling us it just ended, remove and deallocate arrays to soften garbage collector load
event Trigger( Actor Other, Pawn EventInstigator)
{
Array_Length_PI( NewPlayers, 0);
Array_Length_PCD( Moderators, 0);
Destroy();
}

// Detect new players
final function ScanNewPlayers()
{
local Pawn P;
local int i;

if ( CurrentID >= Level.Game.CurrentID )
return;
for ( P=Level.PawnList ; P!=none ; P=P.nextPawn )
if ( P.PlayerReplicationInfo != none )
{
if ( P.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerID < CurrentID )
break;
if ( PlayerPawn(P) != none && Spectator(P) == none )
{
i = Array_Length_PI( NewPlayers);
Array_Insert_PI( NewPlayers, i, 1);
NewPlayers[i].Player = PlayerPawn(P);
NewPlayers[i].Timeout = Level.TimeSeconds + 12 * Level.TimeDilation;
}
if ( P.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerID == CurrentID )
break;
}
CurrentID = Level.Game.CurrentID;
}

// Handle 12 second timeout here
final function PollNewPlayers()
{
local PlayerPawn P;
while ( (Array_Length_PI( NewPlayers) > 0) && (NewPlayers[0].Timeout < Level.TimeSeconds) )
{
P = NewPlayers[0].Player;
if ( P != none && !P.bDeleteMe && IsNexgenModerator( P) )
{
Array_Insert_PCD( Moderators, 0, 1);
Moderators[0].Player = P;
}
if ( !Array_Remove_PI( NewPlayers, 0, 1) ) //Handle exception if array cannot be chopped
break;
}
}

// See if moderators disconnected, see if they changed Constructor
// This code assumes constructor cannot be dropped and is deleted on death
final function PollModerators()
{
local PlayerPawn P;
local Inventory Inv;
local int i;

For ( i=Array_Length_PCD( Moderators)-1 ; i>=0 ; i-- )
{
P = Moderators[i].Player;
if ( P == none || P.bDeleteMe )
Array_Remove_PCD( Moderators, i, 1);
else
{
Inv = Moderators[i].Constructor;
if ( Inv == none || Inv.bDeleteMe )
{
For ( Inv=P.Inventory ; Inv!=none ; Inv=Inv.Inventory )
if ( Inv.IsA('sgConstructor') )
{
Inv.SetPropertyText("bCanRemoveWithImpunity","1");
P.ClientMessage("Your constructor can remove all buildings, use with care");
break;
}
Moderators[i].Constructor = Inv; //Inv=None if no constructor is found
}
}
}
}

// Default return is False, sees if Nexgen client has "G" right (Game Moderator)
static final function bool IsNexgenModerator( PlayerPawn P)
{
local Info OwnedInfo;
ForEach P.ChildActors( class'Info', OwnedInfo)
if ( OwnedInfo.IsA('NexgenClient') )
return (InStr(OwnedInfo.GetPropertyText("rights"),"G") >= 0);
}

Chamberly
01-08-2016, 02:44 AM
@Chamberly let me know when tests can be conducted on your server.

Done.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-08-2016, 07:50 AM
I never say anything about having remove permission for all players.

you know as some peoples are, they will remove anything and players will complain and it cause the negative impact to carry on because originally, the rule stated no one allowed to remove build without permission, etc..

That doesn't sound like you are talking about mods there, that's why I said it. It sounds like you are talking about players in general.

The builds to be removed are only problem builds, not builds a mod feels isn't placed well in their opinion, that is a situation where the player who built them can decide if it should be removed, no one has the right to remove other peoples builds because of their opinion.

The tele in SS was the perfect example of when to use that ability. It shouldn't be used very often at all, but it is needed in the rare cases.

Chamberly
01-08-2016, 08:24 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;105573]That doesn't sound like you are talking about mods there

Sorry but yes I did intend to talk about this because any other players will complain about any moderator removing stuff as well. & we all know how that goes... ;)

__
So after doing couple of test with some random player, explosives like RC, they can't be removed after they fired/activated. Other than that, everything seem to remove just fine. Except can't remove and player = lol jk.

Scourge
01-28-2016, 05:24 AM
Hey, new Siege isn't bad. Have some feedback.

BUGS:

- Vanilla team taunt "I've got your back" doesn't work. I like the "directional" idea, would be great to have this taunt working and using it by default.

- Pressing 0 to draw the constructor doesn't work. This has resulted in me using the key I use to both set bio bomb and draw constructor just to draw the constructor, and therefore occasionally building an accidental bio bomb and being out 250 RU. (Partly my bad.)

- Image dropping. Still a lot of LC issues - The infamous simplex ramp; people hitting me with piston being eight feet or more ahead of where they appear, hitboxes in water not lining up with meshes.

- RU cooldown (is that what you call it?) from excess RU or from supplier hits occasionally persists in the UI without being cleaned up.

- Spawnkilling is actually worse now since it unprotects you as soon as you draw a piston or fire one enforcer bullet. Other people should probably weigh in on this; busta definitely had a problem with me blowing five people's heads off half a second after they spawned.

SUGGESTIONS:

- (From the other thread) Teamtalk and team taunts in separate pane(s) from the main chat.

- UI scaling and more players brought up on the TeamRU command, which should be ON by default. Right now, regardless of resolution the TeamRU command displays REALLY TINY and with only the top four players, unsorted.

- Ability to turn off "GYAWWW" when using feigndeath, or have an alternate command that uses the new feigndeath animation but without noise. Sneaky feigndeaths were part of my strategy.

- Note also that noisy feigndeaths are less useful without some ability to selfdamage; a feigning player has no blood to make them look like a real corpse.

- Ability to BUILD SHAREABLE PICKUP ITEMS with a toggleable mode on the constructor. Anything built while in SHARE mode remains shareable, but can be removed by the player who made them.

Shareable pickups should appear with a halo or something similar over them. This should NOT be applied to telenetworks or jetpacks, and possibly also not to toxin/asbestos suits, in order to prevent trolling.

Shareable pickups should NOT be picked up by a player if they are built on top of the player or inside of any kind of supplier, transportation building, or teleporter - this is to prevent players from getting unwanted items with potentially not enough upgrades.

Alternatively, split sharing into "donating" and "accepting" modes, which both default to OFF and must be turned on with a bind or constructor command.

- Notifications for "Your team can afford an SS" or "SHP" or "SC" in the usual order; possibly a notification for a player's teleporter being ON.

- Cut mine HP after overtime, or give them a time limit for their persistance after overtime. Hell, I'd love it if mines weren't an unavoidable several-second delay if I can see them in the first place, even if that means I can't leech as much RU.

Higor
01-28-2016, 11:02 AM
- Vanilla team taunt "I've got your back" doesn't work. I like the "directional" idea, would be great to have this taunt working and using it by default.
"Speech 5 3" is incorrect and causes this:

ScriptWarning: VoiceMaleTwo UT-Logo-Map.VoiceMaleTwo2 (Function Botpack.ChallengeVoicePack.PlayerSpeech:021F) Accessed array out of bounds (5/5)
Correct way to bind "Other/Misc" taunts is "Speech 4 x".
"Speech type index callsign", type must be a value between 0 and 4.
Special added case, "Speech 0 x -1" forces a global response.

- Pressing 0 to draw the constructor doesn't work. This has resulted in me using the key I use to both set bio bomb and draw constructor just to draw the constructor, and therefore occasionally building an accidental bio bomb and being out 250 RU. (Partly my bad.)
Works for me, even with Blaze's bind.
What have you bound on 0?

- Image dropping. Still a lot of LC issues - The infamous simplex ramp; people hitting me with piston being eight feet or more ahead of where they appear, hitboxes in water not lining up with meshes.
ImageDrop fixer doesn't work on vanilla clients because they're buggy as shit, a couple of position corrections and boom crash on your client.
The server is able to detect which clients can use it without crashing (client says: "hello, i have XC_Engine, send me more precise locations of players")

- RU cooldown (is that what you call it?) from excess RU or from supplier hits occasionally persists in the UI without being cleaned up.
Someone in your team is probably maxed out on RU, or you're in a 11 v 11 (gotta do smt about this).

- Spawnkilling is actually worse now since it unprotects you as soon as you draw a piston or fire one enforcer bullet. Other people should probably weigh in on this; busta definitely had a problem with me blowing five people's heads off half a second after they spawned.
The spawn protection is now polled on every frame, not every 1 second. This means the very instant you fire or switch weapons it's gone.
On the other side... increasing the ammo count doesn't remove it anymore so you can sit in a supplier with an enforcer in hand and not die.
You now spawn with your highest priority weapon, try selecting piston and you'll be able to defend on maps like DoA arena quite easily.
PD: Constructor doesn't break spawn protection.

Right now, regardless of resolution the TeamRU command displays REALLY TINY and with only the top four players, unsorted.
Interesting.

for (i=0;i<32;i++)
{
PRI = sgPRI(PlayerPawn(Owner).GameReplicationInfo.PRIArr ay[i]);

- Ability to BUILD SHAREABLE PICKUP ITEMS with a toggleable mode on the constructor. Anything built while in SHARE mode remains shareable, but can be removed by the player who made them.
If you can stand an extra option between "Remove" and "Fortification" it's entirely possible (replace the hidden Orb functionality with a special menu).

- - - Updated - - -

BTW if one thing is getting updated first, it's gonna be LCWeapons

IronMaiden
01-29-2016, 12:59 AM
Suggestion:

Idle player lose their RU to team after 2 minutes and get auto kicked right after even if nobody pulls a mutate or the server is not full.

No problem if somebody needs to go to the restroom real quick or get something to drink but too many otherwise good games get ruined by player that join and:

- go idle right away

- go idle every few minutes

- sit in nuke room and fuck around

- just move enough to prevent auto kick on full server

- or even idle entire game.

Some of them even have the nerve to come back and continue to idle after being put to spec.

Just a couple hours ago: awesome match, 6 vs 6, very balanced, really fun game. Then KJ has to go, same team gets an idler at that time, other team gets a 7th player. That’s when I see that said team has a second idler with full RU laying dead in base. A great 6 vs 6 match turned into 7 vs 4. By the time I saw what was going on and put them to spec the match was lost. One of the idler had the nerve to say "I had to feed the baby" can you believe that? If you are fucking busy, don't join a fucking game, go spec and don’t screw up a fine game for 11 other human beings! At a 30 min match you just wasted 5.5 hours of combined game time with your ignorance.

Chamberly
01-29-2016, 02:21 AM
There were something else but I forgot what it was. oh well lol.

Scourge
01-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Suggestion:

Idle player lose their RU to team after 2 minutes and get auto kicked right after even if nobody pulls a mutate or the server is not full.

No problem if somebody needs to go to the restroom real quick or get something to drink but too many otherwise good games get ruined by player that join and:

- go idle right away

- go idle every few minutes

- sit in nuke room and fuck around

- just move enough to prevent auto kick on full server

- or even idle entire game.

Some of them even have the nerve to come back and continue to idle after being put to spec.

Just a couple hours ago: awesome match, 6 vs 6, very balanced, really fun game. Then KJ has to go, same team gets an idler at that time, other team gets a 7th player. That’s when I see that said team has a second idler with full RU laying dead in base. A great 6 vs 6 match turned into 7 vs 4. By the time I saw what was going on and put them to spec the match was lost. One of the idler had the nerve to say "I had to feed the baby" can you believe that? If you are fucking busy, don't join a fucking game, go spec and don’t screw up a fine game for 11 other human beings! At a 30 min match you just wasted 5.5 hours of combined game time with your ignorance.

The main issue I have with this is the definition of idling. There will be times that I successfully sneak into an enemy base and secure a critical hiding spot, only to get "detected" as an idler when I'm very much there and am just waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

I've been kicked from games where I'll be feigning death literally right next to the enemy core and am just waiting for RU or an emptier enemy base.

tl;dr, don't base "idleness" on a lack of player motion, but rather on a lack of mouse and keyboard activity.

Another two points:

- Please add a bind for stealth feigning!

- RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game (extremely frustrating!), or RU restore should be removed for people who spec during a multi-way.

Chamberly
01-29-2016, 12:56 PM
tl;dr, don't base "idleness" on a lack of player motion, but rather on a lack of mouse and keyboard activity.

I guess some doesn't notice but behindview 0 does show what the player is looking at instead of just looking at them in 3rd person.

Moskva
01-29-2016, 01:04 PM
RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game

Problem with this is people will be like "oh my team is not good so not gonna spend anything on this and save my RU for the next team"

IronMaiden
01-29-2016, 01:49 PM
The main issue I have with this is the definition of idling. There will be times that I successfully sneak into an enemy base and secure a critical hiding spot, only to get "detected" as an idler when I'm very much there and am just waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

I've been kicked from games where I'll be feigning death literally right next to the enemy core and am just waiting for RU or an emptier enemy base.

Another two points:

- Please add a bind for stealth feigning!

- RU should either not be drained after a team dies in multi-way game (extremely frustrating!), or RU restore should be removed for people who spec during a multi-way.

How about 3 or 4 minutes?

Scourge
01-29-2016, 04:47 PM
How about 3 or 4 minutes?

I think it should only be based on complete inactivity, as in, someone is truly AFK. If someone wants to screw around and do nothing, they can do it whether they're idle or not, so the auto-kick shouldn't be based on lack of motion but on lack of activity.

The main problem as I see it is that it's currently very difficult to remove disruptive or idle players because you need a majority and people on the opposing team rarely vote to do so. If we made it so that you only need a majority of the current target's team, or a number of votes equal to a majority of the current target's team, we'd probably be better off. Vote abuse, of course, would be bannable.

Problem with this is people will be like "oh my team is not good so not gonna spend anything on this and save my RU for the next team"

What's to stop people from quitting the losing team prematurely and screwing up the balance? I know I'd say to myself in that kind of situation, well I'm just going to lose all my RU anyway, so why bother spending it? I'd rather just leave now and save myself the hassle.

Higor
01-29-2016, 05:34 PM
Idea on how to make 4way better:
- Protector firing separated by team, if there's 3 enemies from different teams in sight, they all get shot.

Chamberly
01-29-2016, 05:37 PM
wrong post.

Moko
02-01-2016, 12:47 AM
Idk what version is on the server but my constructor goes to remove instead of repair it skips it half the time. I've removed stuff by accident because of that.

|uK|kenneth
02-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Idk what version is on the server but my constructor goes to remove instead of repair it skips it half the time. I've removed stuff by accident because of that.

h3h3h3

SAM
02-01-2016, 06:58 PM

We've got a self acclaimed team remover. Someone ban her plz.

Moko have you repented your behaviour and asked forgiveness for the removing ?

Igor
02-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Moko

@Moko have you repented your behaviour and asked forgiveness for the removing ?

I hope, ur joking. This shit happens nearly every match due to the bug.

PS. Im nearly ready to upload the LCWeapons with which this shit doesn't happen. (joke)

Just half an hour ago smb accidentally removed L5 sup at butchered. That was a kings bounty for the other team...

Higor
02-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Gonna be fun to see ppl complaining that their Sniper Rifle won't start shooting when they pull it out.

Igor
02-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Gonna be fun to see ppl complaining that their Sniper Rifle won't start shooting when they pull it out.
Yes, I know, its buggy. Its a joke, but I hope, youll fix it when you get the time.

Higor
02-01-2016, 10:35 PM
First post updated.
Changes will start this week.

Chamberly
02-02-2016, 12:34 AM
[;93379]- Bring back DashPad in a slightly different format (Sonic!)

OMG! :D

Moko
02-02-2016, 07:30 PM

@Moko (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=856) have you repented your behaviour and asked forgiveness for the removing ?
You hush! xD

Igor
02-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Hi!
Have an idea.
This is a short demo:
https://www.youtu.be/Icekly6d7S8 (https://youtu.be/Icekly6d7S8)

What do you think?

Chamberly
02-04-2016, 01:10 AM
hmm.... nah. we already say things in the game.

There is something I really wanted to do though. I think the building tag might be fitting if it can load on a certain map showing the base layout maybe or so... it'll help new players I'm assuming if they trying to do something so have tag display on by default, and if we don't want it, I'd like to be able to mutate help off or something.

& to continue the building tag... display radius ring around the container, containerx, super container so we can see how far out it can repair things in the range.

Ok, let's see if .seVered.][ have a say or not.

Igor
02-04-2016, 09:11 AM
we already say things in the game

Thank You for a quick response.

You are right, we already have chat and teamspeak.
But these means are not persistent and not location-specific (as for me at Pub),
so vital messages aren't often noticed (while aiming) or are misunderstood (due to a lack of location info).

The demo shows only an example of a multifunctional command.
Unfortunately, it doesn't show that
:: TeamTag is an instant map-location-specific interactable team-message.
It collides nothing and is fully transparent even for aim identification.
It exists only for the team - like an Augmented Reality Tag on the game field
It might be a base for new controls, like this:

I think the building tag might be fitting if it can load on a certain map showing the base layout maybe or so...

DontWorryBeHappy
02-05-2016, 04:08 AM
This version feels very "raw".

I can't report on any reproducible bugs but there are some very annoying things happening:

* warping (players and other entities)
* constructor skipping (from repair to remove, luckily I never removed anything of value)
* yesterday we got "stuck" in the sup while doing Aleria and Bathrooms (weird rubberband effect)
* I also got stuck in other buildings, even mines and containers
* there was something weird with the map teleporters in Bathrooms (the one with the curtain I think)
* sometimes getting mid items doesn't work (walking over them does nothing, related to ping/latency?)

Other players complained about these things in-game as well. A server restart fixed getting stuck in the sup and the teleporter thing so maybe it's not even Siege?!

Damn, you should've released the source codes a few years earlier, guys.

The bright side: Rockets seem to be working better now. (I reported on the disappearing of rockets several times, others too.)

SAM
02-05-2016, 04:47 AM
What would releasing source code earlier have done?

The getting stuck on mines is the new bear trap.

Chamberly
02-18-2016, 03:03 PM
I want a build that will hold weapons when none of us can for a certain amount of time to use it later. Weapon holder, to hold mid weapon and other except any nw weapons. Ape cannon, green gun, blue gun, insta, etc. best for storing this in nuke room so the weapon holder won't die.

Build something... spawn point disabler. Only available for your own team to get rid of the spawn point you don't want to use (bottom of stairs? Anyone? Bluevember?) or something like that. lol.

.seVered.][
02-19-2016, 01:12 AM
On the topic of Rocket Cannon's .. why do they not take any splash damage? Say from other rocket cannon's from the same player or from them selves; say from multiple builds close together.

If they took damage like that .. wouldn't clustering rocket cannon's on the core be more difficult and reduce the Rocket Cannon Spamming?

|uK|B|aZe//.
02-22-2016, 12:30 PM
I want a build that will hold weapons when none of us can for a certain amount of time to use it later. Weapon holder, to hold mid weapon and other except any nw weapons. Ape cannon, green gun, blue gun, insta, etc. best for storing this in nuke room so the weapon holder won't die.

Build something... spawn point disabler. Only available for your own team to get rid of the spawn point you don't want to use (bottom of stairs? Anyone? Bluevember?) or something like that. lol.

just ask killer_speed to join your team he will endeavour to keep weapons safe

Higor
02-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Good one.
BTW Killer_Speed's uselessness levels have gone from 9/10 (mid hogger) to 6/10, he's 100% incapable of sticking to a team plan, becoming a potential 1300 RU waste early on and shaping the game to last indefinetely when you NEED an early win/advantage against a stacked team. Not even speaking in spanish works.

Chamberly
02-22-2016, 02:03 PM

Lmao but you know he not always on my team or whatever.

"Public." xD

Scourge
03-15-2016, 03:53 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, time for another feedback collection!

Bugs:
- SPs still fire at where a player's corpse is when they're teamswitched.
- Teamswitch still happily kills you and switches you when carrying a buttload worth of RU in items since it goes off of most recently connected.
- Teamswitch sometimes kills you even without switching you because NexGen hasn't yet registered a player that's connecting to the server. (I don't know the code, but that seems to be what's happening.)
- Switching the constructor mode can be very jittery compared to before.
- I don't understand how this one works and it could be an edge case, so I'll just explain how to duplicate it: Press a button with both a setmode and getweapon sgConstructor, then switch to another weapon and immediately hold down right click during the switching (like you're preparing to build bio bombs while prepping your biorifle, or deciding better of using your constructor). Your biorifle will be out, but your constructor will continue to click and switch modes, effectively ruining your stealth.
- Initial, invincible suppliers still spawn at 99.9% health.
- Anonymous, orphaned suppliers and teleporters may still not be removable even when the correct circumstances apply (no exit teleport, super supplier has been upgraded to full).
- Mines still build through walls. I understand that anything besides teleporters are now considered illegal, so this should be patched as it has been very recently abused.
- Shieldbelt and invis are not visible to my renderer, but are apparently visible to those using software rendering. It should be visible to all or visible to none.

Mechanics:
- Dampeners are fairly useless, even though they're cheap.

Suggestions:
- Improvements for the dampener might include muting the feign death noise, softening projectile impact noises, softening item pickup noises (particularly invisibility), softening ALL weapons at ALL times and not only a few, softening footfalls, and suppressing muzzle flashes/dynamic lighting. The effective time should be displayed, and be changed based on how the player upgrades the dampener.
- Add spotlight or flashlight to items.
- Item protection for connection failures, ace timeouts, or failed team switches as described in the Bugs section.
- A sort-of-slow "drag" or "move" option that lets you move useful buildings without removing them. Moving buildings would drain RU proportional to the cost of the building, and could not be done on anything the player cannot remove. Using this option on a Super Health Pod should automatically stagger it with the Super Supplier, in case a newer player has stacked them by accident.
- Freeze grenades >:)

|uK|fleecey
03-15-2016, 04:33 PM
SAM

can we please turn back to the other version where the constructor isnt fucked up?

Most time when you wanna rep someone it ends up remove. (or skipping in more categories)

It happen so many times and Im surprised no one says any...

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-15-2016, 05:08 PM
SAM

can we please turn back to the other version where the constructor isnt fucked up?

Most time when you wanna rep someone it ends up remove. (or skipping in more categories)

It happen so many times and Im surprised no one says any...
This is a constructor glitch? I thought my right click button was breaking lol
______

Other glitch that i hate is the invis buildings behind the brushes... I only can start to snipe a sp/cont if i I expose myself out of walls. Mines right behind a corner is other problem, it's aways invisible for 0.2 or 0.3 secs after i can see behind the brush, enough time for i die in a 100% invisible mine.

Higor
03-15-2016, 06:01 PM
AdRiaN;109613]This is a constructor glitch? I thought my right click button was breaking lol
I can submit an immediate workaround to stop this behaviour on this build, it will mean an extra 10kb package on clients.
SAM let me know when you have time to manipulate the server.

The fix should consist on spawning a simple actor that sets bCanClientFire=True before the 'select' animation finishes playing.
That way there's no double fire action on select.

AdRiaN;109613]Other glitch that i hate is the invis buildings behind the brushes... I only can start to snipe a sp/cont if i I expose myself out of walls. Mines right behind a corner is other problem, it's aways invisible for 0.2 or 0.3 secs after i can see behind the brush, enough time for i die in a 100% invisible mine.
Server is running XC_Engine, therefore the picture below applies:

Btw:
The checks/second is based on NetUpdateFrequency value.
sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp) or 20 (<100% hp), players have that at 100 (capped down to tickrate).

- - - Updated - - -

- SPs still fire at where a player's corpse is when they're teamswitched.
I have to figure that one out, teamswitched players also mess up doors.
I think Nexgen or Autoteambalancer is to blame here.

- I don't understand how this one works and it could be an edge case, so I'll just explain how to duplicate it: Press a button with both a setmode and getweapon sgConstructor, then switch to another weapon and immediately hold down right click during the switching (like you're preparing to build bio bombs while prepping your biorifle, or deciding better of using your constructor). Your biorifle will be out, but your constructor will continue to click and switch modes, effectively ruining your stealth.
That's commow with high pings... maybe I should have all constructor category switches denied when there's another weapon to be selected (aka PendingWeapon).
Adding to TODO.

- Initial, invincible suppliers still spawn at 99.9% health.
Lel, FPU math precision issues.

- Anonymous, orphaned suppliers and teleporters may still not be removable even when the correct circumstances apply (no exit teleport, super supplier has been upgraded to full).
I purposely added a distance cap to 'removability' this way it prevents possible abuse of building a SS in an incorrect location and removing the legit Supplier in the right location

Mines still build through walls. I understand that anything besides teleporters are now considered illegal, so this should be patched as it has been very recently abused.
I am considering reducing build distance for mines.

- Shieldbelt and invis are not visible to my renderer, but are apparently visible to those using software rendering. It should be visible to all or visible to none.
Btw, I know exactly what's causing this, it turned out that it's not Software mode on it's own, it's an actual setting in all renderers + bad UT99 shieldbelt code.
I tried to fix this in the past but I did more harm than good, I should try again.

- Dampeners are fairly useless, even though they're cheap.
I should come up with a way of silencing footsteps...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW SAM the ShieldBelt has incorrect price, check SiegePub.ini (or whatever profile is being used).
It's currently set at 400, when it should be at 250 (the upgrade cost takes care of maximum expense of being 400).
The best way to handle this is to remove the price modifier (since 250 is the default value).

|uK|fleecey
03-15-2016, 07:25 PM
I can submit an immediate workaround to stop this behaviour on this build, it will mean an extra 10kb package on clients.
SAM let me know when you have time to manipulate the server.

The fix should consist on spawning a simple actor that sets bCanClientFire=True before the 'select' animation finishes playing.
That way there's no double fire action on select.

Server is running XC_Engine, therefore the picture below applies:

Btw:
The checks/second is based on NetUpdateFrequency value.
sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp) or 20 (<100% hp), players have that at 100 (capped down to tickrate).

- - - Updated - - -

I have to figure that one out, teamswitched players also mess up doors.
I think Nexgen or Autoteambalancer is to blame here.

That's commow with high pings... maybe I should have all constructor category switches denied when there's another weapon to be selected (aka PendingWeapon).
Adding to TODO.

Lel, FPU math precision issues.

I purposely added a distance cap to 'removability' this way it prevents possible abuse of building a SS in an incorrect location and removing the legit Supplier in the right location

I am considering reducing build distance for mines.

Btw, I know exactly what's causing this, it turned out that it's not Software mode on it's own, it's an actual setting in all renderers + bad UT99 shieldbelt code.
I tried to fix this in the past but I did more harm than good, I should try again.

I should come up with a way of silencing footsteps...

- - - Updated - - -

BTW SAM the ShieldBelt has incorrect price, check SiegePub.ini (or whatever profile is being used).
It's currently set at 400, when it should be at 250 (the upgrade cost takes care of maximum expense of being 400).
The best way to handle this is to remove the price modifier (since 250 is the default value).

The shieldbelt was set by chis, its not incorrecet and there was a poll for it in the forum.

Higor
03-15-2016, 07:48 PM
0022 shieldbelt spawns with 93 armor and requires extra 150 RU in upgrades to reach 150 armor.
Therefore, 250+150=400
The profile was never adjusted to this change.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
03-15-2016, 09:51 PM
sgBuilding has a NetUpdateFrequency of 8 (100% hp)
it means the NetUpdateFrequency is updated each 0.125 seconds? So, if i can see the left half of a mine, and the random point be 2 times the right half, the mine will be 100% invis for 0.25 sec?!!
For other builds this frequency is not bad, but when we need cross a lot of corners with speed and nuke, the chance of we die in a invisible mine is really higher than 50%. Mine/SM update frequency cant be faster?

Higor
03-16-2016, 05:23 AM
AdRiaN;109637]Mine/SM update frequency cant be faster?
One of the reasons NetUpdateFrequency is so low is because of the excessive CPU usage required to process the relevancy loop + variable replication check.
But i'll take your point and increase Mine's and other offensive buildings' update frequency.

Thanks for the input.
0023 is coming up any moment, keep bringing up points as soon as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

OH SHIT
I totally gave outdated values, the update frequencies are more extreme:
- 30hz (<100%)
- 5hz (100%)

I'll change to 6hz, 15hz.
And then modify mines to 12hz, 15hz

That explains server losing some frames in leech games after nukes.

- - - Updated - - -

In the meantime, added some HUD enhancements...
The 'Identify Info' you see on the lower middle part now matches the constructor panel, helps preventing major fuckups when repairing/upgrading/removing. (Only if constructor is the active weapon).
Also, feigning death players and spies will now reveal their Identify info to their teammates.

Even though the hyper leecher is the nearst building in the line of fire, the container's center point is the nearest to the crosshair (Remove Function Prioritizes this) and therefore, Container is now displayed as the identify target.

Chamberly
03-17-2016, 06:35 AM
I need to post an idea. Not sure what you think but a short sum would probably be too much of impossible until we find a work around.

Built 1 accessable tele in base, then 1 outside of base but it lend into nowhere but death or whatever as impossible to remove the other tele (Niven's fan area, somehow it has gone a tad a bit wrong) and it just sit there stuck. So something to do with this impossible to remove tele because no one gonna shoot through wall to kill it inquiring breaking the shoot-through-wall rule but let's not forget, maybe a different area where no one go to and it just sit there waiting... zzz.

So I was guessing, a quick thought but I doubt in this would work lol. Step inside my own tele, but not enough to transport through, and click remove without removing the tele at my base. Unless that's too hard, then maybe some weird interface to select which tele to remove or make a keybind... I had enough fake, crap, leech games on pub. lol.

TL;DR:
I built a tele that lead to instant death and I can't remove the sucker. Need a way to be able to do so.

Higor
03-24-2016, 06:33 PM
Both Dev servers updated to 0024.

- - - Updated - - -

fugg
Cham, Skarn and Yeehaw find bugs faster than I can patch them.
0025 tomorrow.

|uK|fleecey
03-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Can we please fix the supplier removing?

I mean if I make a supplier or someone else, no one can remove that except me.. if you leave the server then you should be able to remove the supplier...

its annoying when people remove your supplier and you have full ru and u dont get anything back, not only me have notice this and think the same..

best way is to get it removed when you leave the server.

Higor
03-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Well, since RU can now go over the limit it could be changed to direct RU addition instead of shared reward.

Chamberly
03-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Can we please fix the supplier removing?

I mean if I make a supplier or someone else, no one can remove that except me.. if you leave the server then you should be able to remove the supplier...

its annoying when people remove your supplier and you have full ru and u dont get anything back, not only me have notice this and think the same..

best way is to get it removed when you leave the server.

As far I know, if the person left the server and didn't return (not sure about spec), the sup can be removed within certain amount of mins like 2 mins. I've seen other removing other sup awhile we have a SS.

.seVered.][
03-27-2016, 04:43 PM
And what about PageFaults... seems with my Windows 7 system, page faults are an issue...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124859421/Media/PageFaults.png

|uK|fleecey
03-27-2016, 05:43 PM
As far I know, if the person left the server and didn't return (not sure about spec), the sup can be removed within certain amount of mins like 2 mins. I've seen other removing other sup awhile we have a SS.

It's annoying if you make supplier, you are full ru and someone else remove yours and you don't get anything back.
That's why I feel like only you can remove it and no one else. Only when someone leave the server..

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Yet another thing I asked for that hasn't happened even though nearly all mods agreed and Higor said he would do it, shocking.

Have all builds removable by a mod from ANY distance and builds that have no name after a few minutes can be removed by anyone except for key builds like SS/SHP/SC/FF/SP's, But add the function that the remover does not get ANY RU, instead split it between the other players. That then deters people removing them just to get RU.

I will be shocked if this actually happens. Nothing else has been listened to.

Chamberly
03-28-2016, 01:42 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110221]ANY distance

This one we haven't reached yet but the other one is working fine as it seem... as on pug server and dev servers.

SAM
03-28-2016, 02:44 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110221']Have all builds removable by a mod
This was done but caused crashes on public. That's why it was taken off. "rollback" baby!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-29-2016, 12:24 PM
This was done but caused crashes on public. That's why it was taken off. "rollback" baby!

Roll it back further baby! ;)

.seVered.][
04-03-2016, 03:23 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110221']Yet another thing I asked for that hasn't happened even though nearly all mods agreed and Higor said he would do it, shocking.

Have all builds removable by a mod from ANY distance and builds that have no name after a few minutes can be removed by anyone except for key builds like SS/SHP/SC/FF/SP's, But add the function that the remover does not get ANY RU, instead split it between the other players. That then deters people removing them just to get RU.

I will be shocked if this actually happens. Nothing else has been listened to.

From ANY distance? .. not sure if I like that .. my remove key is right next to my select 'special weapons' (insta and flame and such) so I occasionally hit it with the selection routine .. I vote no on ANY distance but YES on Moderator powers IN-GAME being addressed and upgraded (Moderator Console or mConsole is in-production), PENDING APPROVAL.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-04-2016, 10:18 AM
higor knows about this due to blackriver game last night - talking about the 0 frame bug where when you build something and it instantly builds and you cant help but take it.... especially annoying when you build a trans that you pick up cause of the bug and you end up with a shitty level 0 trans... or a nuke that you have no further ru to build boots or jetpack or whatever else to nuke with, quite funny but also all the more annoying, PLEASE ADDRESS!!!!

Higor
04-04-2016, 01:12 PM
I 'think' I found the bug.
sgBuilding types take at least 1 frame to finish initializing, that is a necessary thing since the constructor sometimes needs to apply modifications to the building.
That was perfectly fine before because timers weren't tickrate independant, at the cost of potentially 300 buildings ticking on the same frame, every 5 frames.

So to make the server tickrate more stable and spreading out the CPU load among frames, I made tickrate independant timers.
And guess what, the first 0.1 timer may hit at the same time as the building initialization (actually, before that) on the next frame... if the server is running at basically less than 13 fps on current settins.

1.375 engine speed factor (125% + hardcore mode).
So instead of 10hz it's 13.75hz.
If server FPS goes lower than that, the bug occurs.

All of this because I'm initializing the building after the timer check... FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

simulated event Tick(float DeltaTime)
{
//TickRate independant, keep sane timer values if tickrate gets messed up
if ( (BuildingTimer += DeltaTime) >= 0.1 )
{
BuildingTimer = fClamp( BuildingTimer - 0.1, 0.0, 0.1 + FRand() * 0.1);
Timer();
BuildingTimer = 0;
}

//Finish initializing the building
if ( Level.NetMode != NM_Client )
{
if ( !bBuildInitialized )
{
bBuildInitialized = True;
PostBuild();
}
if ( iBlockPoll >= 0 )
PollBlock();
}
}

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Another bug? no way!!...:rolleyes:

Higor, all due respect, Most do not care about the details you just spouted. The response is like "....um cool story, is it fixed?" Most do not even know what all that means and no one cares about the inner workings most of the time. You keep adding and changing things to make it complex to a ridiculous point that I don't think you can ever make it bug free.

Each release feels like one bug has been exchanged with another bug to ruin the gaming experience in a really interfering manner.

|uK|kenneth
04-05-2016, 01:49 PM
up the hyper leecher build time.!!!!!!
1-2 sec is just ridiculous.

Higor
04-05-2016, 06:23 PM
O ho ho, somebody experienced the "year old" balance change of the Hyper Leecher.
Faster build time gives an attacker/defender a way to quickly wipe out all kinds of explosives (including mines), it needs to be used more tbh.

======
From my point of view, the main build is in playable state.
So the next project, is the serverside complimentary native package. (@SAM knows the details).
This package will work in the same fashion ServerCrashFix works, but hooking Siege instead of Engine.

Main goals:
- Use NativeReplication to reduce CPU load on replication checks and further filter the data players receive (example: not receiving updates on enemy RU).
- Do runtime hooks on some unrealscript functions to reduce CPU usage or fix serverside bugs. (the build bug can be fixed here without a new siege release).
- Maybe use NativeReplication/hooks on the Player classes to improve performance as well.

By drastically reducing the CPU times the server's player count or tickrate can safely increase.
And the client will notice no difference nor have to download a new file.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Higor

Another siege feature(RU):
http://i.imgur.com/tL8QyII.jpg

Higor
04-06-2016, 06:03 PM
100% intended.
Noobs, griefers and other disruptive elements shouldn't directly be able to hurt the team that much anymore.

SAM
04-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Higor

Another siege feature(RU):
http://i.imgur.com/tL8QyII.jpg

That's an overage which means it will be dissipated to team members who can carry RU. Therefore people who remove, their impact is less because the RU is given back to the Team. Same with people who run around full capacity, RU generated by core which otherwise would have been lost now gets handed to team members with capacity to carry the RU.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-07-2016, 08:18 AM
It didn't do what I'm used to seeing, it just completely froze(instead of going to the max), and it stayed over for about a minute, I even upgraded stuff and it was still over the limit(-upgrade cost) and not reducing like it normally does. That's the only reason I reported it, it seemed out of the ordinary.

I did go up to about 7000ru after a double amp nuke kill, I guess that was why it took so long to reduce, losing over 3k ru on top of what other players lost in the team.

Also what's with these idiots who make invisibility and then a shield belt? It's quite funny watching them move around thinking no one can see them.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Also what's with these idiots who make invisibility and then a shield belt? It's quite funny watching them move around thinking no one can see them.

another bug thats reappeared Higor

this isnt supposed to happen whichever order you take invis+belt

SAM
04-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Hahahah proper sneaking around just walking into base safely assuming that they are invisible

Higor
04-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Are you boobs all playing on low detail mode?
I'll think of a serverside fix to this problem... maybe forcing a channel close on all players for the ShieldBelt effect if the player has the 'invisibility' texture on.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Low world, High skin.

Chamberly
04-07-2016, 03:37 PM
I use high on everything, but still can't get that invisi-shieldbelt visible thing to appear when I tried such lol.

Higor
04-08-2016, 11:37 AM
In the meantime, a test package was silently deployed over the course of this week.
Gotta say that server framerate has been far better under heavy load.

Details here:
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?3575-Development-Journal-gt-SiegeUltimate/page15&p=110773&viewfull=1#post110773

- - - Updated - - -

About players...
I'm considering applying a frequency scaler to player classes as well.
So far player polling makes up a big part of Net load (CPU and bandwidth wise) and sometimes... there is no need to update a player up to 100 times a second when he's running behind or very far from the viewer.

Feedback on this?

Janssen
04-08-2016, 06:24 PM
<< another bug thats reappeared Higor
this isnt supposed to happen whichever order you take invis+belt >>

Lol, been a long long while since i clearly see them. And since i play with high contrast (video card driver), they're REALLY REALLY visible. Even highlighted, i would say.

Btw... there is still the instant-build thing going on. Very very rare, happened to me only once on a container but recently, on a fresh game of blackriver-IV. Like 300ru max, 1st container built, insta-built. Only time it happened.

Higor
04-08-2016, 06:50 PM
The SiegeNative plugin is being made and tested step by step, if the server doesn't crash during the weekend I'll expand it to optimize more things and fixe more bugs.
Something like this was needed to make it so players don't have to download a package every single time a change is done.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
04-09-2016, 07:31 AM
The SiegeNative plugin is being made and tested step by step, if the server doesn't crash during the weekend I'll expand it to optimize more things and fixe more bugs.
Something like this was needed to make it so players don't have to download a package every single time a change is done.

I would happily download a new package every single time if it means bugs are getting fixed. It is literally a few seconds to download so it isn't exactly going to put people off joining.

We both know the best way to find a bug is to extensively test the mod in a public server. You could fix bugs as you go which in turn reduces the time you have to pull away from new ideas to fix. Minor non game experience bugs of course can be taken care of later. If it is a bug that is having a bad impact on game experience, then that bug needs fixing asap and not left until the next update.

Fixing more bugs over a length of time is much better than piling them all on top of each other for the next update.

Moskva
04-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Two of my nukes disappeared when hitting the enemy door on Simplex, not amused

Higor
04-12-2016, 07:27 PM
Were you trying to fire them right into a Super Container?
Yeehaw's done a demostration of a bug (probably a different one) and it's... weird, basically firing it inside a SC at a very specific angle (something between 30~35 degrees below horizon) causes it to explode and deal 0 damage.
I've noticed this in Bathrooms over the years as well and it's made little sense.
And then there's the non-existant rocket.

For non-existant rocket it's pretty obvious the projectile size has something to do with it, I alleviated that one by making the rocket spawn closer to the player's center position.
When it comes to non-damaging explosions for hitting a SC in a very particular position I'm still confused.

One thing's certain, as long as the rocket gets to fly at least 1 frame, it will produce a proper explosion.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, since XC_Engine is on the server doors are considered super solid for damaging traces and protector detection... with the exception of 3 maps (set via config).
Simplex and both Nivens are those for obvious anti-overtime measures, so this behaviour would still be present without XC_Engine, just brainstorming here.

Moskva
04-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Nope, it wasn't a SC, it was a Forcefield, gotta admit it happened before, but it's been a long time since it happened

Banny
04-13-2016, 01:09 AM
I have faced that problem many times. Started when i tried to nuke the door in niven, my nukes disappeared. Then it went on happening randomly and was very annoying when you are about to get some competitive edge over the opponent and that happens.