PDA

View Full Version : Played this game in 1999 while in college. Now downloading for my 10 year old son

bhalluk
06-28-2015, 05:58 AM
Have so many fond memories of playing this game on my college and hostel LAN in 1999. Game parties used to last the whole
night and sometimes ended in fights (camping bs was the prime reason).

Forward to present day, I found my son playing an online multiplayer game called Warmerise and it reminded me of UT99.
Showed him some videos and he liked it. Downloading it right now for him. Hope he plays and likes the games his old man
did.

PS: English is my fourth language, so please ignore my mistakes.

|uK|kenneth
06-28-2015, 06:28 AM
looking forward to meet your son nice to see (old) people comming back even after all those years!
any ideas of what mod hes gonna be playing? and which name hes gonna be using in game? :)

btw maybe you should start playing again too no?:happyj:

|2ambo
06-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Have so many fond memories of playing this game on my college and hostel LAN in 1999. Game parties used to last the whole
night and sometimes ended in fights (camping bs was the prime reason).

Forward to present day, I found my son playing an online multiplayer game called Warmerise and it reminded me of UT99.
Showed him some videos and he liked it. Downloading it right now for him. Hope he plays and likes the games his old man
did.

PS: English is my fourth language, so please ignore my mistakes.

First off, for a fourth language, you write very good. I really cant tell, thumbs up!!

Secondly, I'm 48 and I used to play back in 2000 also. I came back in April, 2015!! So, NO EXCUSES!!! Unless your not allowed by the spouse :p

Thirdly, UT 99 is the BEST!!

Did you play as bhalluk back then?

bhalluk
06-29-2015, 12:51 PM
looking forward to meet your son nice to see (old) people comming back even after all those years!
any ideas of what mod hes gonna be playing? and which name hes gonna be using in game? :)

btw maybe you should start playing again too no?:happyj:

I tried playing it yesterday, but somehow I am getting motion sick. I am content watching him play for now. We have the plain vanilla install that I got from this site. He plays as slowgoman. You can also seem him on the warmerise servers, racking up kills.

--- Updated ---

First off, for a fourth language, you write very good. I really cant tell, thumbs up!!

Secondly, I'm 48 and I used to play back in 2000 also. I came back in April, 2015!! So, NO EXCUSES!!! Unless your not allowed by the spouse :p

Thirdly, UT 99 is the BEST!!

Did you play as bhalluk back then?

Back than I didn't play on the internet. It was completely LAN based. Indian broadband connections used to suck. Now they are good enough for playing games but sadly I am getting motion sick every time I try any action FPS.

So my 10 year old son plays and I and my 4 year old son sit beside him and watch.

SAM
06-30-2015, 01:30 PM
So my 10 year old son plays and I and my 4 year old son sit beside him and watch.

True father and son binding time right here.