PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Plug Doesn't Work...

Moko
05-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Most of you know I play on my laptop and not on my PC, but what y'all don't know is my laptop has a bad motherboard.
Now my laptop plug won't work. -.-"

The old one kinda stopped working and when I fooled with it I got sparks (not in the laptop)....
Now I'm using a different plug but it doesn't work, it is the right one but it's too loose.
My dad found a way to get it to be tight so he'll fix that, but if that doesn't work, does anyone have a fix that doesn't require $200 for a motherboard? =\

It's an Inspiron 8500 Dell Laptop.

I need my laptop for UT and life..PL3@$3 ][=][3LP!!!! :O

~ God Bless ~

~ /\/\oko

|uK|chiseller
05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
glue it together

Moko
05-13-2011, 09:48 PM
I assume you're joking...? lol
Great, I got a troll on every website. xD

|uK|Chronox
05-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Being one urself helps.
Well idk tell ur parents and go to the technician.

Moko
05-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Being one urself helps.
Well idk tell ur parents and go to the technician.

I don't stalk people and bother them on purpose. lol

My dad IS a technician but he always says to just buy a new board and he'll put it in. xD
I don't want us to spend money if some1 has a fix.

I might not be able to play this week, I have UT on my PC but it's really uncomfortable. >.>
I dunno what I'm doing. >_<"

SAM
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
When it's a laptop it is best to just replace the fatherboard, I mean motherboard. Reason being, none of the parts come seperate and when they do, they cost a bomb. Even if it ma ynot seem like nothing else is broken, something else might be and the only way you will eliminate that is by buying a replacement.

Moko
05-14-2011, 01:07 AM
When it's a laptop it is best to just replace the fatherboard, I mean motherboard. Reason being, none of the parts come seperate and when they do, they cost a bomb. Even if it ma ynot seem like nothing else is broken, something else might be and the only way you will eliminate that is by buying a replacement.

I was afraid of that.

Thanks Sam... xd

|uK|chiseller
05-14-2011, 01:23 AM
what's wrong with gluing it?

|uK|Grimreaper
05-14-2011, 01:42 AM
duck tape it ? :x

Moko
05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Rofl

I think my dad found a temp fix I'll probably play today! :D

Lee_Stricklin
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Maybe have someone with some skill open it up and take a look? Depending on the problem, you might be able to have someone fix it with a soldering iron, which only cost a couple dollars at most. Just need to find out what wrong with it, if it's a popped capacitor then it's a dirt cheap fix... if you have steady hands.

Moko
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe have someone with some skill open it up and take a look? Depending on the problem, you might be able to have someone fix it with a soldering iron, which only cost a couple dollars at most. Just need to find out what wrong with it, if it's a popped capacitor then it's a dirt cheap fix... if you have steady hands.

Hmm, my dad would know wwhat he's looking @ better than me.
Thanks for the tip.