PDA

View Full Version : ban.

iMpure
08-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Can the hidden hero please stand up who did this?

I think i am allowed to play as i please its a public afteral.
I wouldn't "spawncamp" if it wasn't for a reason.

"if you don't care we don't care"
Well whoever banned me as well as the community should stop eating from the apples of good and evil
I mean what are these stupid labels as "spawncamping / dmming" these are just manmade rules made by lazy players anyway...it always leads to bullshit and it should be removed, because these activities are just part of the game.
People abuse these terms for no reason whatsoever and not just that most of the time i do it to mess up the team as soon people grab flags or run them.
I know full well its useless when no flag is in play so i don't know what people are complaining about let alone ban you for it.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/1zqx79v.jpg

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-05-2015, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8XTpCwicwE

UNrealshots
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I think i am allowed to play as i please its a public afteral.

Thier are rules on the publics for a reason if you do not like this make your own server and play in it. My Ban will stay then If you don't care then we don't care if you play here.

We don't need people like you on the public servers with that kind of attitude thinking that you can do whatever you want and just lame everyone and suck the fun right out of it for everybody playing.

Jst2blond
08-06-2015, 06:19 AM
You have been reported There http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/impure-spawnkilling-command-6357/ public servers doesn t mean shit fest...

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-06-2015, 07:42 AM
The Dutch defense:

It's the maps fault,

or...

It's just a public server.

SAM
08-06-2015, 08:52 AM
It's the servers fault. It shouldn't be public

iMpure
08-06-2015, 10:20 AM
[B]
We don't need people like you on the public servers with that kind of attitude thinking that you can do whatever you want and just lame everyone and suck the fun right out of it for everybody playing.

What attitude?
No ....I don't think MAN should be the one telling us how we should be playing, and what to do.... i really despise that stuff it always leads to limitation.
No what you are saying is that i have to be a good "follower" and do something against my own will... why would i even do that?
This has nothing to do with attitude whatsoever.

I still remember that rules and lables like "DM" and "Spawncamp" didn't even existed...none of them... It was invented/created by people back in 2005/2006 who were on top of the game and loved to play psychological games on their opponents so they wouldn't play the way THEY DID to counter their own strength and weakness. That is where this stuff REALLY comes from and it slowly infected the entire community.
I never listened to that crap of what other people tell me because it brought me alot of important victories.

What you guys think is lame is not what I think is lame and that is the first and foremost... that is why manmade rules will ALWAYS lead to chaos and problems and whining.
A nice example was UT2004.. i know its not ut99 but still .... Most of these labels were barely used... a very few complained assrunning...thats it! But people were never banned for it and neither did people continiously cried about it.
Which resulted in a much more relaxing atmosphere, while in this game everybody is so freakin uptight man... that what you get man... just saying.

I have seen the list of those who are on the "wanted" list here on this forum for their playstyles. Don't you think thats a little sad that many these people infact should be banned for having a devious playstyle according to you call the NORM Unrealshots?
The game should be free for everyone to play in the way they want to (Cheating excluded since that is a given).
Because everybody get their fun in a different way according to how they want to play.... this is why you just can't force anything on people ....we can't be all the same all the time.... that will never work.
So when people refuse to change you just ban them? You think that is normal?

Because here is the thing... you say that I am the one sucking the fun out of people who are playing.... thats only one side of the story.
Now how do you think we feel when people ban us and try force us into a way of playing we don't like, because when i do comply i feel bored as it sucks the fun out of MY game.
There is always two sides of the coin.. not just one.
You see its not only about you and them its about EVERY single one of us here.

If i spawnkill then its for a good reason when the flag is in play.
Its always has been very easy to complain about something instead of trying to learn and counter it.
All this stuff has always been a part of the game.... I don't see anything wrong with this.

Cognitive dissonance has always been the key factor in cases like this.
One person thinks its lame... the other thinks its not... that is what it really comes down to.

But if you think what you think is justified then fine.. keep it that way man but at least ban all the people who are in that wanted list aswell to keep it fair because i will tell you that they ain't changing any time soon either.
Cheers peace out.

|uK|ScReaM
08-06-2015, 11:09 AM
rofl

UNrealshots
08-06-2015, 11:24 AM
.... The biggest joker in UT at one time I thought you we're an alright guy but jesus...

iMpure
08-06-2015, 11:59 AM
.... The biggest joker in UT at one time I thought you we're an alright guy but jesus...

Well then explain it to me ... because we should be free to play in whatever style we want to regardless of what other people think of it.
Don't just stand there and attack me on a personal level.. adress the information instead in a grown manner, because i would like to know why it bothers you people so much that some people don't like to be told what to do.
Because the sword cuts both ways.

I don't like people to tell me how to play, because it takes the fun away and i know more people who agree with that.
And i know that some people don't like the way some of us play.
But isn't that like personal preference?
There is a difference between intentionally laming and screwing everything up or do things for the sake of the team.
This may be 2k4 but these are just examples of how i do it, wether people call it lame or not i don't care about their oppinion... because that its all ever was.. an oppinion... to me its not.
http://www.twitch.tv/impuretv/c/6768198
http://www.twitch.tv/impuretv/c/6769862

I always have been playing like this and the only game people complain about it is ut99.
In my roots i am an iTDM player and in iCTF a defender and when i attack i prefere to cover and lock down maps which is my strength.
So why am i being punished for that? Because i don't want to change? That is rediculous man.

|uK|ScReaM
08-06-2015, 12:03 PM
What you guys think is lame is not what I think is lame and that is the first and foremost... = this did make me look like WTF is he saying :P
impure think off this :

is it you running the server ? NO
who have set the rule = UK ADMINS
should you follow them ? = YES
easy fix :)

kokett
08-06-2015, 12:15 PM
What should he explain? He did that already..

Thier are rules on the publics for a reason if you do not like this make your own server and play in it. My Ban will stay then If you don't care then we don't care if you play here.

iMpure
08-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Then there is another thing i would like to mention... what if i turn the roles around.
Because there are things that I think are lame and boring and that suck the fun out of the game.

A nice personal example for me would be the hide and seek in itdm and stuff like that.... i have been complaining about that ALOT.. ALOT man you can't even imagine.
But i never am going to say or create rules that go against what i don't like personally... because i think that is insane.
These people play this way because it works for them... not for me, but for them.
If anything i would have to adjust myself in order to be able to handle it.
As i said its easier to just bitch, whine and complain rather than man up and deal with it.
No instead people make these petty manmade rules that we MUST follow, because if we don't... we get banned... that's insanity.

Just respect the way people play..
Just like you guys have to respect what we wan't to do.
Its thats simple.

|uK|ScReaM
08-06-2015, 12:32 PM
so we should change the rules for 2% off the comunity ? LOL that maked me laugh even harder :)

iMpure
08-06-2015, 12:57 PM
so we should change the rules for 2% off the comunity ? LOL that maked me laugh even harder :)

Its the 2% that YOU laugh at are the ones that loves the game just as much as you do....
But just because they play differently doesn't mean you can just lock them out.
What is even worse is that you actually laugh about that? Why would you laugh about that.. there is nothing funny about this.
It only shows that you never really cared about running a GOOD community, because in this world nobody will gets what they want all the time.... that can only made possible by locking one group out and let the others have everything.... you call that fair?
Because the same thing is exactly happening here.
By just letting things be and respect eachother it will automatically balance itself out.

What you guys think is lame is not what I think is lame and that is the first and foremost... = this did make me look like WTF is he saying :P

Perhaps you should ask yourself, what do i mean by this.
I already explained it by saying that what i think is lame can be completely normal to you.
And what you think is lame could be completely normal to me.
There is no standard in this ....because we all are different and have different preferences... in other terms you can't force people in a box.
That is what i try to point out.... and to ban people based on rules that only applies to ONE certain group no matter if they are the majority of the people or not is crazy... how can you leave out the other people who don't agree with this by just banning them?
Because the same thing happens in the world... people who are deviant from the majority of society are being left out... being silenced from speaking... being mocked, being laughed at just like you laugh at me and the the 2% who are playing different.

Oh "just because we don't like what they do and since we are the majority we just ban them.. we just leave them out since they are just the 2%".
Wow now that is the real definition of sucking the fun out somebodies game.
If you were part of that 2% which you are not you would say the exact same thing as i do.

|uK|ScReaM
08-06-2015, 01:07 PM
the rules are there too follow , maybe you just dont understand that i dunno...
if you wanna play ITDM go play itdm in the pug channels , ICTF = ICTF thats just too easy too understand ...
so you would think its fun no one caring about the flags ?
thats how its gonna be if we filled your playstyle :P

Shotman
08-06-2015, 01:15 PM
If this is your "logic" than the ban will stay permanent. Come back when you have learned proper CTF. FYI some of us have played UT99 since it came out and UT2k4. From what i remember those rules already existed, i know because i have been banned for laming in both games at least once. So don't fucking act a victim that these rules do not exist, every "old" player has used that excuse to get unbanned. It gets so old that is laughable that people still use. Like i said goodbye and come back when you have proper logic of ctf

|uK|chiseller
08-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Our servers, our rules.
Whether you like the rules or not doesn't matter. You're guest and should thus behave accordingly or you'll be removed.

HakunaMatata
08-06-2015, 01:35 PM
iMpure
keep in mind that the public servants there are different players of all levels, however put yourself in the place of those who think like you but choose to follow the rules because they have realized that playing as you do not bother to have the Similarly game, I'm not telling you to change your game 100% only be more ingenious in developing their style to not bother = observe how often you make gaming protocols and what are the annoying so to reduce the frequency of execution to skip them with other styles throughout the game, you will increase your level

it is not easy but can be achieved

LoSaH
08-06-2015, 02:54 PM
I see this as another outstanding example of admin abuse. Rules don't cover spawncamping so Impure hasn't done anything wrong. And no, spawncamping isn't the same as camping a la Saddam as stated in the nexgen rules.
If you want to avoid this attitude in future of certain players just add another rule (rule nr. 3698: Spawncamping is not allowed with Impure as example).

Unban is the only logical solution in this case since there isn't a rule yet. If he does it again and rules have been updated, you can ban. For now, he hasn't done anything wrong except making an admin to cry which is clearly also against the rules. (maybe add rule nr. 3699: Don't kill the admin or he will ban you for any imaginary reason).

See you guys back next month!

Shotman
08-06-2015, 03:10 PM
LoSaH iMpure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-06-2015, 03:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14

Shotman
08-06-2015, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE

Chamberly
08-06-2015, 04:07 PM
You suck!

Ha ha ha!

Jst2blond
08-06-2015, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6iR2G1KXQ

iMpure
08-06-2015, 11:19 PM
If this is your "logic" than the ban will stay permanent. Come back when you have learned proper CTF.

My logic? No its the TRUTH that cannot be moved by anyone as it proves itself over and over again... its not mine .. it just is.
My question to you is.. what is proper CTF?
I mean iCTF isn't played with flags alone, its being played on the entire map.
What you guys call see as spawncamping is what i call mapcontrol.

I mean you can make 20 grabs and lose all flags on the flagstand and scream; "At least i played CTF" while you contributed nothing to the team.
You can also make 6 grabs 1 cap and 2 assists and many covers due to the playstyle that i have and win the game.
So who plays the better CTF here then?
As i said i would only shoot people like that for a reason and one of those is mapcontrol, because if it allows my teammate to make a free run with the flag then i did my job i don't need to touch alot of flags for that, because i know that its not likely that most people will give me the same cover in return.

You want to know something about my logic?
I think its UTTER STUPID that we are not allowed to shoot people in a shooter game rofl hahahahaha.... it isn't called a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER for nothing guys!
And learning proper CTF ey?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/10dfh8o.jpg

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/please-bitch-to-the-hand-you-talk.jpg

Anyway here is a suggestion;
How about you guys cry less about somebody else his or her playingstyle, but focussing a bit more on your own instead and let us be... how is that for a solution.
Because as i already said these manmade rules only lead to whines, complaints and fights.

Why? Because there is no ABSOLUTE STANDARD in how one must play this game so its impossible to force people in a box of how things should be played.
Because what is lame for for me may not be lame for the next person next to me, if we would make rules based on subjective perceptions of what people think things are then it will always leads to chaos.

I mean you can't build a house with several people when every single person has a measuring tape with a different Standard/size of what an inch is lol.
It will be a royal mess lol.

As i already said it works perfectly fine in UT2004 without all those crappy rules so why not in ut99?
I played iCTF in all kinds of games UT2004 / Xonotic / Warsow / Quake3 / Quakelive and never did i got banned based on the way i played, but it only happened in ut99 in several occasions even lol. So what does that say about the ones who run and play this game... this is why tried to avoid UT99 iCTF as much possible.

But hey if you think a permaban is justified based on cognitive dissonance, then be my guest i ain't stopping you man LOL.
After all "your server your "rules"".

Higor
08-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Spawncamping would be so easy to solve if you simply 'altered' the spawn location just a bit...

|uK|ScReaM
08-07-2015, 02:03 AM
Atleast i go for the flag and bring it out by my self :)
Dont need ppl standing spawncamping so i get more ppl too ahoot in their base . Only hets harder too get out if someone dm or spawnkilling out side base ... But you will never ever understand that .
If i grab 20 i get atleast 10 in too my base if i play like i do but you might get 1 out ;)

Jst2blond
08-07-2015, 06:01 AM
I think That we have done an useless ban, impure won t learn by his mistake and claim he Never changes his gameplay . It involves keeping an eye on him or modifying his ban to a longer period ...sad .

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Spawncamping would be so easy to solve if you simply 'altered' the spawn location just a bit...
The only thing wrong with the spawns on the insta,combo, server is you can basically get tele fragged, because people can spawn so close to you, it's really annoying when you have a shot on the flag carrier only for someone to spawn 0.1cm in front of you to block the shot.

UNrealshots
08-07-2015, 10:21 AM
impure won't be unbanned because he will continue to do it as seen in all his posts.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Ok I will add my view, I agree with scream, lets follow this scenario for arguements sake, you killing people in mid or stopping others from passing you in mid while your fc is still in enemy base only causes said players killed to spawn in enemy base and basically surrounding your fc with no possible way out. Duku/bleak/sprinta/broken/command/all other ig maps apply. That said yes back shooting is allowed but only in the instance that you actually get a flag cover down, you're not allowed to backshoot because someone else may or may not have accidentally done it to you. You can of course retaliate but please keep in mind if you do so there will be no sympathy for you. Best way is to rek I will add my view, I agree with scream, lets follow this scenario for arguements sake, you killing people in mid or stopping others from passing you in mid while your fc is still in enemy base only causes said players killed to spawn in enemy base and basically surrounding your fc with no possible way out. Duku/bleak/sprinta/broken/command/all other ig maps apply. That said yes back shooting is allowed but only in the instance that you actually get a flag cover down, you're not allowed to backshoot because someone else may or may not have accidentally done it to you. You can of course retaliate but please keep in mind if you do so there will be no sympathy for you. Best way is to report and we follow it up with a warning or ban if necessary.

Also to reply to you about wanted list, all the players if not most have had severe bans and some perms simply because they cant follow simple rules. Lets just remember this isnt an open cup or clanbase and you dont win all those fancy gold cups like you do in competitions because lets face it thats where all your back shooting assing really pays off because without doing so you get your ass handed to you. I speak first hand here, and as im sure scream and shots does also when we say we have also played in high competitive scenes and at times it justified to do such things as there is an fc coming towards you or your "controlling a certain area" which does work.

With saying above I agree yes you can do such things but ONLY when the fc is near to your or in your immediate area where you have to cover him or he dies or when he has people running behind him and your behind those players trying to kill the fc.

to reply to losah the term spawncamping comes under the no laming and no spawnkilling flashes of messages you get on your screen and chatbox. If that is so hard to follow for some "legendary pug" players when the skill of the other players is drastically lower then kindly fuck off and go back to your elitist pugs and go lame and dm there and go see how long you last. All I see is pug players coming to publics to warm up their aim or just to see how much they can frag and cover and justify the laming caused by saying they are doing map control - all game you say? I dont see how when in maps that are bigger than andaction you will never have the flags off the stand all the time or as frequent in bigger maps so doing "map control" which really is dming mid or chasing enemies from their base to your own or backshooting is just a bullshit excuse for you to do whatever you feel like doing. It wont happen her, this goes to all pug players and also normal lesser skilled players.

If you cant follow a simple rule set which creates better gameplay and is drastically different and better than cup competition gameplay where a given team has to outfrag, outplay and outlame its opposition to win then just simply dont play here and save us all including yourself and this forum some time and hard drive space.

Lastly the games yesterday where a few of us were on ts playing with and against each other were good scream and nordog. We should do this more often, the games were very enjoyable. If some of you guys who complain of admin abuse actually joined us on ts and played games while playing yourself with us you would see that games can be fun and intense if played with the rules placed

|uK|ScReaM
08-08-2015, 04:58 AM
as @|uK|B|aZe// said we had lots off fun that night :) yeah just pm me iam always in when iam on irc :)

|uK|Nordog
08-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Yeah we have to do that again. Was very fun :)

|uK|fleecey
08-08-2015, 09:20 AM
Yeah we have to do that again. Was very fun :)

Agreed!

iMpure
04-13-2016, 09:44 PM
Anyway its almost a year ago since i played this game and feel like playing some can somebody actually lift this ban?
I will be carefull with the excessive fragging for the sake of others, but i still remember that this ban was based on locking down command when i seen somebody get into the base just before grabbing the flag.
Let me know, because i can use some ut99 time for this coming 2v2 ictf cup :)