PDA

View Full Version : Jetpack Bug !!!

_unreal_
08-06-2015, 12:40 PM
hi,

question here.. I have noticed a very annoying bug since the jetpack has been modified.

If I use the jetpack and I die, when I respawn I can only 'crouch walk'. I will not be able to walk normally unless I either reconnect to the server or I will make another jetpack and use it.

I have made a clip for demonstrating the problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEtyT1wy1Y&feature=youtu.be

Please help me fix this because it makes noobs like skarn think they are good playerss when they beat me ;(((

Thanks!

Higor
08-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Does nobody keep a walk bind these days?
Fucking elitists and their ini mangling.

_unreal_
08-06-2015, 12:47 PM
If changing walking binds from wasd to arrows is considered ini mangling then yea im an elitist :D

|uK|fleecey
08-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Yeah this is annoying as fuck, hopefully next version it will b fixed

|uK|kenneth
08-06-2015, 01:59 PM
can we get rid of the "falling down from teleporter when holding walk key? -.-'

Chamberly
08-06-2015, 04:01 PM
can we get rid of the "falling down from teleporter when holding walk key? -.-'

That one has been fixed I'm very sure, I remember doing some test with that one.

I keep my walk key on shift, very useful especially in bunnytrack.

|uK|kenneth
08-07-2015, 01:08 AM
hhmm tried this a while ago when playing IST/pug match and it didn't work i'll check again tomorrow.

Skarn
08-07-2015, 03:19 AM
Please help me fix this because it makes noobs like skarn think they are good playerss when they beat me

You used minigun and crouch constantly, teamed with 2 other teams just to attack gold, and in the end you lost. Rethink what you said. Better practice with more powerful weapons before minigun gets fixed on pub, although I doubt it.

A^3
08-07-2015, 03:46 AM
Happens to me aswell. I use WASD as my walk keys. It has happened when I used trans aswell. Thought it had something to do with the poision thing. Sorry forgot name. I usually reconnect to fix issue.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
08-07-2015, 08:49 AM
You used minigun and crouch constantly, teamed with 2 other teams just to attack gold, and in the end you lost. Rethink what you said. Better practice with more powerful weapons before minigun gets fixed on pub, although I doubt it.

You really think the minigun is going to be changed?

Higor
08-07-2015, 12:50 PM
The day I see balance changes on my UT weapons I quit.

Skarn
08-07-2015, 01:57 PM
You really think the minigun is going to be changed?

Read the last 4 words in my previous post.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-07-2015, 02:53 PM
The minigun issue will be addressed. Also I came across same problem as unreal but being me and how awesome I am I knew if I press my walk key it will fix the problem :p

_unreal_
08-07-2015, 03:43 PM

Can you stop hurting my feelings now ;((

Lolled @ teamed & @ crouch & @ mini

Teaming -> skarn hate my guts because my sniper finds his head too often so thats why I like to destroy him nothing to do with teaming, crouch -> movement skill, mini -> part of the gameplay, deal with it.

Rofl but seriously are yuo blind to see this bug is a handicap, who knows what would be the outcome if the bug did not appear riteee.. noob like you wouldnt understand this anyways idk

Chamberly
08-07-2015, 04:08 PM
Lmfao Unreal ;) n1

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-07-2015, 04:18 PM
It is actually bug but it is also easily resolved. Saying that it really does need fixing as it obviously wasn't intended to happen after using a jetpack and dying, saying you dont have walk key binded and laughing isnt cool....

Skarn
08-08-2015, 04:11 AM
Rofl but seriously are yuo blind to see this bug is a handicap, who knows what would be the outcome if the bug did not appear riteee.. noob like you wouldnt understand this anyways

A similar bug has been occuring to me since I got my first computer, which bassicly occurs in all games, where 1 key gets stuck and you simply click it again in order for it to unstuck which is probably the cause of 2 scripts colliding with eachother. The same thing is with the walk thing. The only exception is some versions of Unreal 1 where it simply cannot be fixed so you have to reset the game. Any key can get stuck, whether intentionally (click repair on core > hold the repair key and turn on the voicemenu and taunt anything > this stucks the repair key > now you can grab a drink) or unintentionally which is the case with jetpack (it's probably becuase of the new jetpack that requires either walk or crouch for it to fly, and it seems the jetpack might recognize the jump as walk, so if you died while clicking it, that would count as walk then which gets you stuck) and possibly some other stuff. Ill assume you play UT for atleast 4 years, a noob like me doesn't understand how you couldn't figure that out in that time period. And besides, include yourself with a walk bind, it is useful in some situations, aswell as your apparent handicap, but unfortunately it won't fix the handicap in your head.

|uK|B|aZe//.
08-08-2015, 11:38 AM
but unfortunately it won't fix the handicap in your head.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=64834939