PDA

View Full Version : Banned since January?

Cstrife2
09-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Hello,

I have played on and off for some time on these servers and noticed last January I was banned on the “zp| | - = | C O M B O I N S T A G I B | = - combogib server. I didn't think much of it then but went to try and play again the last few days and is still reporting the BAN.

My player name is Cstrife2 and the link below is an image of the BAN from the game.

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/I2YE5Uj

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

|uK|fleecey
09-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Maybe you are caught in someone else ban, i sadly dont have access to check this, but Im sure when someone comes on and can, they will help you!

Jst2blond
09-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Dunno, not my fault :)
It isn t a nexgen ban message so, maybe a CB or new CB.....

|uK|MiniWick
09-30-2015, 08:26 PM
calise osti sam..

Cstrife2
09-30-2015, 08:50 PM
Would you be able to confirm what a CB is?

TimTim
10-01-2015, 12:09 AM
It's probably a native (IP policy) ban. CBs say `BANNED ${name} FOR ${reason}`.

Chamberly
10-01-2015, 12:13 AM
CB

Check ban...

I'll check on it now.

Yeah it looks like a server IP policy ban.

Cstrife2
10-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Is the server IP policy BAN caused by something I did? If so is there a way I can resolve the issue? I do apologize but I am not familiar with this type of BAN.

I was using a different ISP and lived in a different location back in January than I do now if that makes any difference?

Chamberly
10-01-2015, 02:15 AM
I'm not too sure why your IP was in the ban list, but either we can wait for an admin to reply for the matter...

1 question from me, might be different from the reason of ban but slightly worth a research in my case... did you use D3D10 render?

Cstrife2
10-01-2015, 02:40 AM
I know I was trying some D3D10 renders some time back, maybe 2 years ago or more however I was never able to get it working properly so I removed it.

I tried to make sure not to connect to any online servers with it enabled because I did not know if it was okay to use however there is a possibility I might have by mistake.

edit: This might be worth mentioning but I did carry over my User.ini and UnrealTournament.ini files from my previous install to maintain my favorite server lists and settings. I am certain these files were versions previous to any of the D3D10 mods I may have used or tried.

I also believe I was able to connect to the server at the time the files were originally carried over although I can not confirm 100%.

I would also like to add that I am able to connect to the other the UnrealKillers servers without any issues some of which I have been playing as long as the server I have been banned on.

Thank you again everyone for you help, I really appreciate it and hope I can get back to fragging on this server soon!

Chamberly
10-01-2015, 02:48 AM
maybe 2 years ago or more

So it wasn't tried as you were somehow banned back in Jan... I can only guess you got caught in a IP ban that was for someone else and he left that IP and you end up with it, giving you the trouble. lol oops.

SAM
10-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Bump it please.

|uK|chiseller
10-01-2015, 12:31 PM
I checked it yesterday, your ip (the one you posted from) was not in combogib's ippolicies.

Cstrife2
10-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I checked today and am still unable to connect due to ban.

I also created new ini files as a test just to be sure there wasn't an issue with those and that did not resolve the issue.

Chamberly
10-01-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm kinda confused where the ban coming from. I checked on CB and there was no IP matching the one you have posting on the forum.

Cstrife2
10-01-2015, 06:57 PM
:idk The strange thing is the ban has followed me across 2 different internet providers and a new computer build.

Could there be anything on my computer causing a ban? I am currently running the GOG version of UT but have a copy of the original CD version somewhere. I can try and install that version if anyone thinks it may be worth trying.

TimTim
10-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Hostname ban perhaps? I'm not sure what the ban message looks like for those.

Chamberly
10-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Hostname ban perhaps?

If it's by Nexgen, Nexgen would pop up I think.

TimTim
10-02-2015, 03:51 AM
If it's by Nexgen, Nexgen would pop up I think.
I think there's actually yet another ban system specifically for hostnames lol. I'm too lazy to look right now so perhaps SAM can verify.

SAM
10-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Unbanned

Cstrife2
10-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Awesome! I can confirm that I can join! Thank you so much for your help!

However, the game is now crashing not even minutes when logging in with the D3D Driver error as shown in the link below and ONLY on this server. Other Unreal Killer servers are okay as far as I can tell.

Link: http://imgur.com/8Byvb2b

SAM
10-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Try this

D3D9-R13 - Downloads - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99 clan & Server Discussion (http://www.unrealkillers.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=5)
Extract
Drop the files into UnrealTournament/System/

Open UT.ini
Find
GameRenderDevice=
Change to
GameRenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

Cstrife2
10-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Okay I was able to do that and the game is not crashing however I now have texture issues with the weapons. This is the same issue I had back when trying to use D3D10 back in the day which is why I went back to the regular rending option.

Is there another texture pack that I need to download as well?

Link to texture issue with weapons: http://imgur.com/o9uK9yd

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Change the ZRangeHack value to true.(I have mine on false because I have weapons hidden)
http://i.imgur.com/OSV5Ps0.png

Cstrife2
10-03-2015, 12:38 AM
Awesome! I actually had to set the ZRangeHack Value to False to fix the issue since it was True by default. Once changed though the weapons and texture issues were fixed!

Thank every one of you for getting all the issues I had resolved. You all rock! Sam, thank you again for clearing the BAN.

Hope to see some of you on the servers! Happy Fragging!

SAM
10-03-2015, 04:49 AM
Cstrife2

You're welcome. Take care, have a good time :)