Servers are getting worse! [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Servers are getting worse!

Provocation
10-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Your servers are getting worse, I can hardly play. Evidence how laggy your server are I have to demos,
I purely put here as soon I have picked out. Players are unhittable, disappear through walls and much more.
I do not know whether you have proper gameserver or if there are any or Dedicated servers are
running on any admin his computer. I do not care. Unfortunately, you have the only two still running
ICTF server. otherwise I would have long since your server deleted from my favorite list. people can
play with 200+ ping or 5+ Packet Loos. If that's not cheating. I can also Netlimiter use my Ping and PL
to drive up. It was for me today the last time I played in Sweden and US server.
Where I'm going to play are the server are set correctly How Bt.Net i4games and Chamberly their server.
Maybe there again someday server where you can play Before UT99 extinct. I do not know if I still sheep,
The demos to search But by morning I had them here have uploaded.

Sorry for my bad English

TimTim
10-23-2015, 10:24 AM
Yeah I've noticed this too the few times I've played over the past few weeks. I think either the server provider is overloading the servers or someone has been packeting the servers to make them lag occasionally, not enough for a DDoS but enough to annoy people.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-23-2015, 10:36 AM
At least there is UT4 to play instead :)

|uK|ScReaM
10-23-2015, 12:17 PM
UT4 can suck my :P
yeah the servers have been laggy for everyone it seems like

Blackdeath
10-23-2015, 01:03 PM
Your servers are getting worse, I can hardly play. Evidence how laggy your server are I have to demos,
I purely put here as soon I have picked out. Players are unhittable, disappear through walls and much more.
I do not know whether you have proper gameserver or if there are any or Dedicated servers are
running on any admin his computer. I do not care. Unfortunately, you have the only two still running
ICTF server. otherwise I would have long since your server deleted from my favorite list. people can
play with 200+ ping or 5+ Packet Loos. If that's not cheating. I can also Netlimiter use my Ping and PL
to drive up. It was for me today the last time I played in Sweden and US server.
Where I'm going to play are the server are set correctly.

Where is the news here? I've changed pc, mouse, monitor etc... and UK server is ever same shit. I don't know what American people think/say about US server, but the UK is simply ridiculous.
In years I've seen and tested many good ig servers. I'm sorry to say this, but there are only two CTF servers with people on UT99 (yours) and this leadership isn't deserved for the service quality.

SAM
10-23-2015, 06:27 PM
We simply don't receive enough feedback to know whether the servers are running well or not. When I play, all the servers generally run fine for me. So from my perspective, without knowledge of what others are experiencing, I can only assume things are fine.

We have now had two reports in this thread. Let's compare that to the thousands of people who do play on the servers. Should the server change for two people? I think not. If popularity is anything to go by, then the servers are running perfectly fine. We need more feedback. I'm not telepathic.

Blackdeath
10-23-2015, 07:55 PM
We simply don't receive enough feedback to know whether the servers are running well or not. When I play, all the servers generally run fine for me. So from my perspective, without knowledge of what others are experiencing, I can only assume things are fine.

How much time are you spend in Uk server recently?

I don't know maybe is my internet issue, maybe unlucky when I enter, but all Provocation said is right.

1 After respawn, my 1st shot disappear (often)

2 People appear like ghosts (shots go through)

3 Shots delay (ping 60 like it was 200)

4 Delay to see others

5 When you have already turned the corner... killed by...! (often)

We talking about INSTAGIB server, how can to be funny in this situation? Many times I feel like an idiot, can't hit nobody.

We have now had two reports in this thread. Let's compare that to the thousands of people who do play on the servers. Should the server change for two people? I think not.

I understand that no easy satisfy everyone and criticism should be constructive, but is a big mistake if you think only 2 players are unhappy.

If popularity is anything to go by, then the servers are running perfectly fine.

Disagree, it seems to me shallow speech . 1) 80% players are lazy and not spending their time to search good servers 2) Too less players on UT that 4-5 years ago, all are concentrated on 10-15 servers, rest is empty

TimTim
10-23-2015, 08:29 PM
As I said, it does feel like the server is being overworked somehow. Either the server provider is doing something stupid or someone is intentionally trying to lag the servers. I just played for a bit on the US servers and had no issues though, other than a couple of tiny hiccups over the span of an hour.

Chamberly
10-24-2015, 12:22 AM
I'll post later cuz something went different on me from the ctf server kinda hard to explain. All other were fine. Gotta go back to work in less than 6 hours again lol. zzz.

|uK|ScReaM
10-24-2015, 04:22 AM
its not laggy when the ping is fine but its like it getting some ddos ping goes up too 200 sometimes :/ i did check my isp and did a ping test nothing wrong when i do that :(

Fnx
10-24-2015, 01:34 PM
I agree with provocation
I personally have always had a bad performance on servers of instagib
I feel the same mentioned by blackdeath, simply I can not play properly.

Also I hope you have a chance to review the server of combogib.
in moments of play nw, kicks are almost continuous for all players, sadly accompanied by lag.

sam thanks for your time, and thanks to those who contribute to enhance the experience of this great old game.

TimTim
10-24-2015, 02:42 PM
The wrong version of NN was on the Combo server for NW. I just changed it to the correct one.

Chamberly
10-24-2015, 05:18 PM
I don't think it have anything to do with the ping, or ddos, or even my isp problem when I can notice it, but something had to be coming somewhere like a mutator or something imo. it just hard to describe when it's hard to pinpoint it. I think it kinda started a few months ago but I ignored to report because it's like no one gonna take feedback serious anyway.

Blackdeath
10-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Aside from all that I've previously said, it would be interesting to understand why the server crashes so often. It happened again few ago. At more/less regular intervals all players have ping swings with packet loss.
I do not know all mutators that run on your server, but Is better to review all active server actors

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-24-2015, 06:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/42Mu024.jpg

|uK|ScReaM
10-24-2015, 06:53 PM
i will upload a clip soon , UK server getting ddosed again .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vScgNCLj--c&feature=youtu.be

TimTim
10-24-2015, 07:58 PM
crashes
FCollisionHash bug with the engine. Mostly only happens in NW (I think because of the translocator).

Higor
10-25-2015, 12:48 AM
FCollisionHash bug with the engine.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/913955/ran-ran-ru-o.gif

zrt
10-25-2015, 10:33 AM
Same feeling as mentionned by Blackdeath.

I basically experience kinda same sh!t as in COD ghost/AW with lag comp. Few dudes are one step ahead over others, means you die before to see them or you die soon after you hide behind a wall, you shoot through them or boost them instead of frag, you are not able to fire when spawning...etc.. Quite boring anyway.

The disapointing fact is some dudes looks like they are NOT affected by this problem and dominate the game without give you a chance because of this step ahead. No matter if your latency is better or not.. that's weird :(

Perhaps NN/ACE issue ? - I do not believe about a constant DDOS on a 15 years old game. Same about server over load/work/heat or whatever mentioned by TIM.
Most of us played A LOT years ago on PURE+ZP servers without huge issues but cheaters ;) (excepted known ZP bugs obviously), even on 32 slots servers (bloodedge's, RS, UtC/UTW, tammy's, UKS, snipermania, fragmania, ..on so on)... (and with a lower config and a x6 time lower connection + x2 higher ping for me) -.

So, maybe something wrong with your netcode instead ?! -or with ini settings (ACE/NN)-

As some dudes hit like in ZP when others (me included) hit like in non-ZP for 30 seconds, then hit like in ZP for 10 second, then can't hit a pooh for 1 minutes again .. and so on... means something wrong with servers and/or users settings and/or users connexion quality.
-I self think about a server problem, with a mutator or netcode, but it do not explains WHY some dudes are still able to play without issues ?!-

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to fix it quickly.

SAM
10-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Server moved. New IP 185.107.96.18 auto forward setup.

Feedback appreciated

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/185.107.96.18:7777/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/185.107.96.18:7777/)

seabass
10-25-2015, 01:44 PM
Nice! nfoservers seems to be the best host around these days for UT99.
I just played a few matches. Ping seemed to be stable and I didn't experience any glitches.

Higor
10-25-2015, 01:54 PM
SAM can you manually operate the firewall there?

Jst2blond
10-25-2015, 01:55 PM
In years I've seen and tested many good ig servers. I'm sorry to say this, but there are only two CTF servers with people on UT99 (yours) and this leadership isn't deserved for the service quality.

Server moved. New IP 185.107.96.18 auto forward setup.

Feedback appreciated

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/185.107.96.18:7777/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/185.107.96.18:7777/)

I hope that you enjoy fast reply and action from Sam.

SAM
10-25-2015, 04:50 PM
@SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1) can you manually operate the firewall there?

Where?

Higor
10-25-2015, 05:01 PM
On the new provider... is still the old one?

fak3
10-25-2015, 05:31 PM
So we have two servers now for UK?

I cant seem to Play or even Spec in one of them (185.16.85.1:7777), as soon as I enter I get transfered automatically to the other one... in there my ping goes from 110 to 260 all the time... but browsing the Servers my Ping is also very high.. I used to have 50-60 in game until 2-3 days ago.

SAM
10-25-2015, 05:43 PM
So we have two servers now for UK?
The old server is redirecting traffic to the new one so that we can have a good test.

I cant seem to Play or even Spec in one of them (185.16.85.1:7777), as soon as I enter I get transfered automatically to the other one... in there my ping goes from 110 to 260 all the time... but browsing the Servers my Ping is also very high.. I used to have 50-60 in game until 2-3 days ago.

Is it all or one server? Which one? If it's all servers, then it's your internet. Not much we can do about that.

--- Updated ---

On the new provider... is still the old one?

Yes, there is firewall control with this one. I'm thinking of moving this to a VDS to be honest. But I really don't want to take time to administrate it...

Blackdeath
10-25-2015, 05:46 PM
Few dudes are one step ahead over others, means you die before to see them or you die soon after you hide behind a wall, you shoot through them or boost them instead of frag, you are not able to fire when spawning...etc.. Quite boring anyway.

The disapointing fact is some dudes looks like they are NOT affected by this problem and dominate the game without give you a chance because of this step ahead. No matter if your latency is better or not.. that's weird :(

+1

I hope that you enjoy fast reply and action from Sam.

I began to talk about uk server issues (imho obviously ) few years ago. And it seems to me, just in this thread (or you can see old), that others have my feeling, if you've noticed. But you stay 90% of your time on combogib server, right?

If now all solved and server runs well I really appreciate what SAM done :)

Ah, if you not understand that my criticism is for help all players to play equally, I don't care

fak3
10-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Made a PC and Modem restart and now my ping on the server I can enter and play is 60-75 +/-... Trying to enter 185.16.85.1:7777 I´m automatically redirected to 185.107.96.18:7777.. even as a Spec and being only 11 players and DUKU map all the time?? I enter and get automatically redirected, can even see whos playing as soon as I enter it goes to the other server.

Jst2blond
10-25-2015, 05:55 PM
I began to talk about uk server issues (imho obviously ) few years ago. And it seems to me, just in this thread (or you can see old), that others have my feeling, if you've noticed. But you stay 90% of your time on combogib server, right?

If now all solved and server runs well I really appreciate what SAM done :)

Ah, if you not understand that my criticism is for help all players to play equally, I don't care
You are right, i mainly play combo, but also insta. Then, i am moderator, not admin. Sam has asked lot of times some feedbacks but none was able to say something. I only point the fast reaction of Sam just in order to show you and others that sometimes, giving your feelings bad or not on how our servers run is usefull.
If you feel hurted by my quote, i apologize, it wasn't made for this.
We only want now same report about new location.
Capito ?

|uK|fleecey
10-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Made a PC and Modem restart and now my ping on the server I can enter and play is 60-75 +/-... Trying to enter 185.16.85.1:7777 I´m automatically redirected to 185.107.96.18:7777.. even as a Spec and being only 11 players and DUKU map all the time?? I enter and get automatically redirected, can even see whos playing as soon as I enter it goes to the other server.

When you enter that IP, you get redirected to the new UK server.

|uK|LadyS
10-25-2015, 09:02 PM
When you enter that IP, you get redirected to the new UK server.

Is there a particular reason? I get redirected whether speccing or playing but see that there are players in the server im trying to enter so I don't really understand.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
10-25-2015, 09:17 PM
F10 is your friend.

|uK|fleecey
10-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Is there a particular reason? I get redirected whether speccing or playing but see that there are players in the server im trying to enter so I don't really understand.

There old server probably has fake players, that's what you see lol

Chamberly
10-26-2015, 10:22 AM
fake players

Oh dear... let's not mention this or some rage nerd come around and start complaining, there is a few grimlings out there! lol!!

SAM
10-26-2015, 10:28 AM
Well...no one going to join a server which is empty. Will they. It's not like it's a fake or unpopular server. Just moving the traffics...

--- Updated ---

Need feedback.

|uK|ScReaM
10-26-2015, 10:41 AM
server feels much better :) played today and it was good :) SAM

Provocation
10-30-2015, 08:21 AM
I have now played more often on your new Server. and my feedback on the Server is, Very Nice Server
i have no bugs lag or other. Thank you for your quick action.

|uK|B|aZe//.
10-30-2015, 05:30 PM
new servers very good I can finally aim properly again instead of leading shots

zrt
10-31-2015, 10:07 PM
Recently played a lot on both US / new UK servers and it runs better for me too.
gj :)

Chamberly
11-01-2015, 11:32 PM
SAM I'm gonna kill you.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ytohsk.jpg

I thought someone was using my nickname. -.-

SAM
11-02-2015, 02:20 AM
SAM I'm gonna kill you.

No plis. I like my life

Fnx
11-02-2015, 10:27 PM
In my case I have lag on all servers,
I'm getting used.

SAM
11-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone else have any issues, please do post.