PDA

View Full Version : banned by trigger happy admin

sdf
11-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Hey
After a very long break I've dicided to play some UT99 again, I was glad to see that the UK servers are still up and running (I used to play a lot on these servers), I quickly joined the UK insa server, only to get banned 2 minutes later for 3 matches. I didn't say a word, killed 5 or 6 ppl and died 2 times. Cant even blame me for camping or whatever as I was running for they enemy flag all the time. My nack was: sdf and the map was: Control. Happened like 20 minutes ago.

I know it's just for 3 matches, but WTF. Who is abusing his admin rights?
I guess if I join again when the ban is lifted and ask the admin why he banned me, I will get banned again. Will try anyway.

|uK|Nordog
11-10-2015, 10:39 AM
i banned you, cause you was camping outside base on control, and that is against rules. You have played plenty of times on that server in the past, so you 100% know of the no backshooting / chasing rule. Dont act so innocent, cause you know exactly what you did.

soma
11-10-2015, 11:20 AM
3 match ban and you cared to come here to complain?, lol man,

I really don't get all those people coming to the forum and complaing about a warning or even 500 match ban, which is like what ? a week, and insult,accuse and blame the admins/mods for something that's mostly their own doing.

P.S. Being an admin/mod must really be frustraing here , you should get paid for this , can't imagine how you manage to find time for playing the game

sdf
11-10-2015, 01:59 PM
I figured this would happen, some random come in here defending the admin even though he wasn't there, he has no idea what happened. White knight much?

Nordog: You are either confused and mistake me for somebody else or you are truly an abuse admin. First of all, how can you tell if somebody is a camper after letting him stay on the server for less than 2 minutes? I am no camper, I was running around hunting flag carriers and attacking, I spent leterally 5 secounds on the ramp (middle section of the control map) killing 2-3 guys while I was looking for the flag carrier. Might have killed you twice in a row and got you upset. The very reason I stopped playing CS is that I can't stand camping/campers, and here we are I'm being accused of being one. Yea are right, I've spent maybe hundreds of hours on this server, I know the rules, and if what I did (spent LITERALLY 5 secound on that ramp, killing people below) is bannable, than you can go ahead and ban everybody, because everybody does this. Yes, even you. I did it in the past too, lots of times, in the presence of admins, never got banned for it, not even a bad word. Until you came along.

Did this community really became such a pussy during the last 1 year? Certanily wasn't like this when I last played in 2004. Again, I don't care about the 3 match ban, after todays event I don't even feel like starting up UT again. I'm just sad admins can get away with shit like this.

edit: that was supposed to be 2014 not 2004

soma
11-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Did this community really became such a pussy during the last 1 year? Certanily wasn't like this when I last played in 2004. Again, I don't care about the 3 match ban, after todays event I don't even feel like starting up UT again. I'm just sad admins can get away with shit like this.

It's only your fault you haven't been around to know that the rules changed.

As for my post, only the first line refered to you..., the rest was to all the people who come here every day with complains how unfair they were treated, but You'd have known that, had you been around...

sdf
11-10-2015, 04:05 PM
It's only your fault you haven't been around to know that the rules changed.

If that really is the case, and what I did is now a bannable offence than this game is truly dead.

soma
11-10-2015, 04:35 PM
If that really is the case, and what I did is now a bannable offence than this game is truly dead.

It's funny how you pick only part of my quote that relates and works only the one purpose - which is stick to your story at all costs becasue everyone else is obiously wrong.

I don't even know why I'm still replying to the post posted by someone who read only the first line of my hah

peace and go play instead of wasing time on ridiculous discussion

sdf
11-10-2015, 04:53 PM
It's funny how you pick only part of my quote that relates and works only the one purpose - which is stick to your story at all costs becasue everyone else is obiously wrong.

I don't even know why I'm still replying to the post posted by someone who read only the first line of my hah

peace and go play instead of wasing time on ridiculous discussion

going to quote your full post this time, just to make you happy
I did read the 2nd line too, but as you said, you wasn't even referring to me and what does that have to do with anything?
"everyone else is obiously wrong" - who is everyone else? Only you are replying, the rest don't care, and admins are... well, I don't know where they are. Doesn't even matter, nothing is going to happen anyway.

TimTim
11-10-2015, 07:48 PM
sdf My guess is that the 3 match ban was a quick preventative measure. While what you were doing (camping mid on Control apparently) might seem harmless, stuff like that will typically lead to other players following suit and the entire server will spiral out of control. This kills the c̶r̶a̶b̶ server. So it's best to quickly nip it in the bud. It is annoying to be suddenly booted (and especially banned) from the server though, I concur. ;)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Being an admin/mod must really be frustraing here , you should get paid for this , can't imagine how you manage to find time for playing the game

No matter what decisions mods make, there is normally backlash from it with the same old insult attacks.

|uK|Nordog
11-10-2015, 10:42 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;101644']No matter what decisions mods make, there is normally backlash from it with the same old insult attacks.

You nailed it. If i had let sdf camp where he did, others would complain about him, and some would start doing as he did. better to stop it quick before it turns into yet another lame mid camp fest.

sdf
11-11-2015, 11:47 AM
You nailed it. If i had let sdf camp where he did, others would complain about him, and some would start doing as he did. better to stop it quick before it turns into yet another lame mid camp fest.

Nobody EVER complained about me camping, even though I play this game since it was released in 99. Let me get this straight, spending 5 secounds on that ramp = camping? Really? Where are these new rules that say this is a bannable offense? It wasn't bannable in 2014. Can you point me to these new rules please?

Jst2blond
11-11-2015, 12:04 PM
You Just have to Read ban report and appeal parts to ses That we dpn't allow That kind of gameplay. Only tolerated while covering a FC run.
Now You are aware of it. Just follow This rule...

|uK|Nordog
11-11-2015, 12:26 PM
sdf, 3 times in a row within 35 sec you shot me from that spot, and you didnt die, nor move. it was 5 matches, now you are aware. Dont repeat it , and get on with it .

sdf
11-11-2015, 01:34 PM
You Just have to Read ban report and appeal parts to ses That we dpn't allow That kind of gameplay. Only tolerated while covering a FC run.

What ban report? Oh wait, Nordog the saint said it, it must be true, he is always right after all. I asked for a link for the so called "new" rules, why don't you post that for me instead?

sdf, 3 times in a row within 35 sec you shot me from that spot, and you didnt die, nor move. it was 5 matches, now you are aware. Dont repeat it , and get on with it .

I didn't die or move? How the fuck do you know that? You were playing, you couldn't have spactate me at the same time, so you are just guessing. Bottom line is, I killed you 3 times in a row and you got upset and dealt with me in not a very nice way. As I said from the very first minute, you are abusing your admin rights. BTW it was 3 matches, not 5. You didn't even get that right.

|uK|Nordog
11-11-2015, 01:36 PM
I checked the demo too you numbnut. stop being such an ass, and accept the fact that you tried to lame, and got dealt with swiftly. The rules wich you can access by typing !rules when you enter, clearly states no camping. why oh why are people so fucking thick in their head.

You missed me 3-4 times before you shot my ass the 1st time, then when i came out again, you was still at the saem spot, trying to shoot my ass again. Want me to upload an avi? to prove your ^ innocence ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdyGUFqOWo

Jst2blond
11-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
What ban report? Oh wait, Nordog the saint said it, it must be true, he is always right after all. I asked for a link for the so called "new" rules, why don't you post that for me instead?
>>>> Bans (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f43/)
>>>>Reports/Complaints & Appeals (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/)
Lot of people banned for chasing/DM + lot of people banned for same reasons and asking why

sdf
11-11-2015, 05:43 PM

I checked the demo too you numbnut. stop being such an ass, and accept the fact that you tried to lame, and got dealt with swiftly. The rules wich you can access by typing !rules when you enter, clearly states no camping. why oh why are people so fucking thick in their head.

You missed me 3-4 times before you shot my ass the 1st time, then when i came out again, you was still at the saem spot, trying to shoot my ass again. Want me to upload an avi? to prove your ^ innocence ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGdyGUFqOWo

My mistake it was 10 sec not 5. LOL
Killed you twice not even three times before moving on, and you banned me for this? :D Let me ask you this, where were you between 1999 and 2014? Clearly the rules changed a lot in 2015 (camping was always forbidden), cause what can be seen on the video was allowed last year.

--- Updated ---

And why do you guys want me to move on so bad? This needs to be cleared, I won't change my playstyle after playing this game for 15 years. And since there are no other alive UT99 servers, I guess I rather quit the game once and for all if this is what this really tiny UT community turned it.

|uK|Nordog
11-11-2015, 06:14 PM
My mistake it was 10 sec not 5. LOL
Killed you twice not even three times before moving on, and you banned me for this? :D Let me ask you this, where were you between 1999 and 2014? Clearly the rules changed a lot in 2015 (camping was always forbidden), cause what can be seen on the video was allowed last year.

--- Updated ---

And why do you guys want me to move on so bad? This needs to be cleared, I won't change my playstyle after playing this game for 15 years. And since there are no other alive UT99 servers, I guess I rather quit the game once and for all if this is what this really tiny UT community turned it.

Its more the way You talk. You can talk respectable, instead you argue and yell when you infact did what you was accused of. That rule has been on that server for as long as i remember. And yes, backshooting like that is not allowed.If you cant accept rules, you are free to quit anyday, but if you really have played for as long as you have, you could be more mature, and respect rules. And stop crying like a spoiled brat, when someone tells you not to. No offense ment, but im getting tired of 25+ year olds, who cant adjust too rules. Tbh most of you who play are old enough to both Follow and understand rules, without being supervised.

And with move on i ment get over this ban, it was a few matches. Now you have learned i hope.

uenz
11-11-2015, 06:26 PM
that clip alone showed you camping high backshooting everyone you see until you keep going. That was bannable even in the old tammy server days. So not that much changed tbh.

Edit: Maybe you'll need a reason why this kind of playstyle is being punished so hard now. With newnet everyone hits way more than some years ago. If every player played like that especially people like YOU wouldn't have fun. Imagine people like Unrealshots or Serenity or whoever standing in mid backshooting and dming. The server would be empty within minutes.

SAM
11-11-2015, 07:09 PM
The server would be empty within minutes.

And whilst people say this 'over moderation' is killing the server, I'd much rather one person left the server as opposed to the whole server leaving with the offender left over.

Did you know when these server first started out, people that regulared ipug came and dm'd the server, emptied it out and then gloated by saying 'RIP pub'. Guess what happened to those offenders? I permed them.

|uK|Nordog
11-11-2015, 07:18 PM
that clip alone showed you camping high backshooting everyone you see until you keep going. That was bannable even in the old tammy server days. So not that much changed tbh.

Edit: Maybe you'll need a reason why this kind of playstyle is being punished so hard now. With newnet everyone hits way more than some years ago. If every player played like that especially people like YOU wouldn't have fun. Imagine people like Unrealshots or Serenity or whoever standing in mid backshooting and dming. The server would be empty within minutes.

Could easy include urself into that statement too uenz, you arent a bad shot urself, seen you hit over 50 acc a few times :D

witness
11-12-2015, 01:01 AM
uenz is the master of this game for me
his style & aim. i could spec for hours

|uK|Nordog
11-12-2015, 01:08 AM
Atleast he was a few years ago, when he was concidered one of the most stable aimers in the scene. These days i rarely see him, so i have no idea :)

Higor
11-12-2015, 02:34 AM
And whilst people say this 'over moderation' is killing the server, I'd much rather one person left the server as opposed to the whole server leaving with the offender left over.

Did you know when these server first started out, people that regulared ipug came and dm'd the server, emptied it out and then gloated by saying 'RIP pub'. Guess what happened to those offenders? I permed them.
Typekill took money from lamers to support the TSGC server, what did lamers get in exchange?
Ban immunity, the TSGC server died two months later, also Typekill's dodgebotting adventures exposed by his own site coder, who happened to get censored.
Go around and ask some of the veterans what's up with other communities that died, or have bad fame...

So sdf, let's be clear about this because it's going to be my first and last message on this thread.
These are the most heavily moderated servers that have ever been, and by heavily I mean fairly, because ragebanning isn't moderation so don't misinterpret these words, by heavily I mean constantly, and by heavily I mean by consensus on a team where most of the moderators aren't even uk|.

With that properly explained I say it again, most moderated servers.
The result? See for yourself.
The one pub instagib servers alive all the way up to now, so start playing by the rules or you'll share the same access rights as all the others that thought they could do whatever they wanted on a 12 slot server: none.
Want to abandon? Be my guest, I'm waiting for you at the Siege servers, you might actually like it.

sdf
11-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Pretty funny how you all guys keep repeating yourselves. You just keep repeting how this is and was the most moderated server. Yet none of you can explain to me, after all these years why am I getting banned now, never before, and let me tell you there was a time when I played a lot here, 2 hours every day.

And Nordog, if you want respect perhaps you might want to be respectful yourself. Banning somebody without warning and without giving a reason tells me you have zero respect for the players. ("No reason was given" in the in-game message, I had to come here to find out what happened)

Yall can relax now, this evil camper promises you he will not join your server again to "ruin" your games.

|uK|Nordog
11-12-2015, 03:52 AM
You got an explanation from several persons why it is like that. The guys who pais and runs the server and comunity has decided rules to be so. Unhappy about it? There are other servers to join ( wich may not be populated ). Remember this is a free service bought to you by sam and the rest of unrealkillers clan, and its not unfair that those people decide wich rules to play by on the server.

You was camping wich was confirmed by several people. i gave you a small ban , and saw no reason to waste more time, while i was playing then i had to. Unhappy about that? Too bad, i didnt force you to break the rules!

A pleasure to help you, have a nice day :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH3nQj0XYyI

UNrealshots
11-12-2015, 03:59 AM
Probably because you have never been caught until now and are upset about it? just a thought.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-12-2015, 05:11 AM
we never had many mods back when we first started running public ig servers or combo servers which is probably why you never got banned or warned before

OR

the other explanation is you never played as much - which you seemed to confirm?

sdf
11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
alright guys, fair enough :)

Just don't give me this bs that I was lucky hence never got banned before. After all these years... pretty ridiculous reasoning. Peace out. :D

|uK|Nordog
11-12-2015, 10:33 AM
enjoy playing on the public server, its not extremely hard rules to follow. Accidental close combat backshots happens, the problem is when its obiviously ones like you did. have good games and loads of fun,

TimTim
11-12-2015, 10:34 AM
I definitely warned and/or banned some player from Hungary some time last year who responded with a really similar attitude and disappeared shortly after. I vaguely remember the name being composed of random characters. Methinks that was you. There aren't many players from Hungary. ;)

https://www.colourbox.com/preview/1774164-man-fanning-the-fire-in-the-grill-on-winter-forest.jpg

soma
11-12-2015, 10:38 AM
pretty ridiculous reasoning

I suggest you check the word 'ridiculous' first (in an English - English dictionary) before actually using it...

sometimes one wrongly used word can trigger a flow of new posts - that is of course if you really want to end this topic grins

|uK|Nordog
11-12-2015, 10:40 AM
its all fine. im closing this thread now, as the matter is solved, and no need for anyone to stir it up worse.