PDA

View Full Version : about the SCORING SYSTEM

soma
11-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I know I'm new to the forum, but I'm a quick reader and a fast learner

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Since all the people that come to the forum with complains after being accued of backshoing, chasing, camping in their own base, having litlle or no grabs at all - you name it, which all comes down to DMing, why not raise the number of points for cupturing the flag to let's say 40points since it's ctf,

by doing so people who get accused of those things would never stand a a chance with those who do actually cupture flags no matter how many people they manage to kill especially since revenge points are in their favour.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-10-2015, 02:10 PM
I know I'm new to the forum, but I'm a quick reader and a fast learner

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Since all the people that come to the forum with complains after being accued of backshoing, chasing, camping in their own base, having litlle or no grabs at all - you name it, which all comes down to DMing, why not raise the number of points for cupturing the flag to let's say 40points since it's ctf,

by doing so people who get accused of those things would never stand a a chance with those who do actually cupture flags no matter how many people they manage to kill especially since revenge points are in their favour.

I've said it quite a few times before, it's a simple thing that could make a decent amount of difference on the servers.

If grabs are the same amount or greater than the amount of points as flag kills, then maybe the noobs who play for points might grab more( hide crouched in a corner like triangle)

SAM
11-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Was

CapBonus=15
AssistBonus=7
FlagKillBonus=3
CoverBonus=2
SealBonus=3
GrabBonus=1
SpawnKillPenalty=5
MinimalCapBonus=5

Now

CapBonus=22
AssistBonus=15
FlagKillBonus=15
CoverBonus=17
SealBonus=20
GrabBonus=10
SpawnKillPenalty=10
MinimalCapBonus=5

soma
11-10-2015, 03:11 PM
hah just played for 13 minutes on command and had 12 kills and 160 point and couldn't figure out how did that happen grins

TimTim
11-10-2015, 03:39 PM
NICE! Good shit.

seabass
11-10-2015, 04:05 PM
I don't really worry about my points, but would it be possible to show the number of flag pickups?
There are matches where I can't get many grabs at all, but do get a decent amount of flag pickups, and after the match, the bitchfest starts and I get accused of not playing CTF.
Just sayin', this could stop that conversation before it even started. ^^

SAM
11-10-2015, 04:28 PM
The scoreboard already shows pickups? They are called grabs.

seabass
11-10-2015, 04:44 PM
It only shows grabs when you grab the flag from the flagpole, not when you pick up a flag when a teammate drops it.

uenz
11-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Cover = 17
Noone's ever gonna pick up a flag :D

uranus
11-10-2015, 05:23 PM
How about returns? I see some players stand back spamming the downed flag when it's right on the enemy's stand waiting for a pickup and immediate cap trying to rack up flag kill points. Returns are (almost?) as important as grabs, IMHO.

SAM
11-10-2015, 07:07 PM
Assists = 15. Which makes it worth it to assist as well?

uranus
11-10-2015, 07:25 PM
Assists = 15. Which makes it worth it to assist as well?
Absolutely! Also, the game type is literally "capture the flag". It seems it would be reward enough to help your team "capture the flag", even without all the extra points.
But I think the point was that "pickups" and "returns" aren't tracked on the F3 stats, even though they are on the stats webpage.

soma
11-10-2015, 11:12 PM
hasn't it always been 22 points for a cap? I'm pretty sure I saw 15 but on other servers - plesase do correct me if I'm wrong here

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-10-2015, 11:35 PM
It would make sense to get data from 1000 matches and calculate the average, grabs,fk,covers... And balance it out that way.

I did start making a crawler earlier, before the point system was changed, was going to use data from 50 matches to caculate the averages.

soma
11-11-2015, 01:04 AM
hasn't it always been 22 points for a cap? I'm pretty sure I saw 15 but on other servers - plesase do correct me if I'm wrong here

wrote this after I woke up and yesterday didnt' have time to play, but it's 29 points for capture - just got 28 for epic failure:)

soma
11-13-2015, 02:55 PM
I'ts been a couple of days since a new scoring system was 'set in motion' and since nobody wants say anyting about how it works for them I thought I would share my not so random observation.

All I can see now is my whole team crowding in enemy's base waiting for a chance to grab ( soon we'll have arguments who should grab first lol) which from the other team's perspective looks like camping, flagkilling and just killing which is exactly what happens when I try to come back with a lucky grabbed flag to my base where the other team is waing for their chances at grabbing killing me instantly which makes it so hard to cap.

Having said that I think the points for grabs and flagkills should get reduced by half.

Any other thoughts people?

skinnyPete
11-13-2015, 04:21 PM
I played a lot in the last few days and in general I think the changes are good. If you had to reduce anything Id say covers, the points you get are a bit over the top imo (Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/ukstats/?p=match&mid=83324))

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-13-2015, 04:24 PM
Has anyone broke the 10k mark on the andaction maps? I've seen a few 5k games in the utstats.

soma
11-13-2015, 10:50 PM
If you had to reduce anything Id say covers

really? I think cover points should be high (the wa they are) because we want people to cover us instead of waiting for us to fail to have a grab themsleves, of course that's not the case with all the players and maps but in general it seems that way.

SAM
11-15-2015, 05:57 PM
I thought cover should be high too, since we are trying to promote cover and flag carry play. So those two are the ones that give highest points and then it's assist.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-19-2015, 09:52 PM
125 points for 5 covers + 2 seals, 22 points for a cap lol
http://i.imgur.com/xS5iWND.png

soma
11-20-2015, 02:06 AM
hah, that's one handsome combo, mine is only 64 so far, meh

UNrealshots
11-20-2015, 05:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SmHTXXY.gif