[UK] & [US] INSTAGIB RULES [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : [UK] & [US] INSTAGIB RULES

UNrealshots
11-12-2015, 02:58 AM
Rules and Guideline to play on uK's Instagib CTF servers. [Public]

No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)

No camping • This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner, spawncamping/spawnkilling, liftcamping/abusing the movers of such in any map.

No Deathmatching • Just simply killing players to obtain frags and nothing more.

Play CTF this means • Running, Grabbing, Supporting, Advancing, Covering - which many resort to Deathmatching in some public players eye's as long as you are running along side or closely to the flag carrier its called COVERING

Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)

No teamkilling or boosting • The wrong way on purpose or preventing a flag carrier from advancing or capping. Do not boost other around for no reason if it's not supportive for them.

No teamswitching • Do not go to join the other team, by using a team switch keybind or spamming in the chat area to switch to the other team, or even going to spec (!s), typing !teams (!t) or waiting for a game to be balanced by other, and returning onto the opposite team (!p). Should a game's balancer ask the players to fix the team, only type !t as directed.

No Laming or Cheating If you cheat first time, 6 months ban. 2nd time, permabanned. No exploiting!

No bouncing • This means if you're doing a out of normal jump which can or could be considered Bunnyhopping, froghopping, skipjumping these all mean the same thing if you do this please suicide as soon you bounce.

No advertising • We have a forum's if you wish to advertise/socialize/etc.

UnrealKillers.com | UnrealTournament 1999 GOTY Community (http://www.UnrealKillers.com)

Some rules are not finalized or completed and will be subject to change overtime due to people/players trying to work around or exploit them.

These servers are moderated! Read the fine prints here!
We will warn you if we catch you breaking any of these rules. If you choose to ignore, no communication, or try fight against the admin/moderator's request by returning any thing that would not be helpful in a response such as cussing, or failure to cooperate and keep breaking the rules = can result in a kick, or a ban decided by the admin/moderator. Match/day bans are decided on player's history, player's previous bans, and admin/moderator's decision. These bans can be updated anytime with/without any notice.

Sometimes you will find your ban in the ban section here: Bans (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f43/)
Should you find your ban in wrong reason, feel free to contact an admin and/or moderator for a private review. May have a slow response time.
Otherwise, feel free to post in the public thread where every admin/moderator can see it and maybe a quicker service as needed. Mostly used. Reports/Complaints & Appeals (http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/)
If you have a complaint about other people breaking a rule, go ahead and post that in the complaint section as well.
Upon your request on any of these, please include a screenshot, and/or demo. In most cases, demos are reviewed upon better investigation. & Please add detailed information of what you are submitting for so it will take less time to communicate to find out what are we looking for.

medor
11-12-2015, 04:41 AM
About w00t you seem to say no Defending.
Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)

But there is a lot players make camping on the back of enemies bases No camping • (This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner,spawncamping,liftcamping)

It becomes essential for me defending when we are 6/6 on w00t and players make me a hollyshit on my ass this is for stop the camping on the back of enemies bases.

UNrealshots
11-12-2015, 05:00 AM
(Rule will be subject to change at some point or another. Maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule) we understand certain maps like w00t or anything open conflicts with that rule we will add an exception to certain maps or find another way.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-12-2015, 05:05 AM
nice shots long awaited thanks for taking the lead on this

--- Updated ---

open maps problem its pretty simple to me, you dont have any reason to be behind the enemy base backshooting and killing enemies unless you're actually running out and covering the same time as your efc. people tend to stand behind enemy bases shooting at their own base or at enemy spawn points from above when flag is still on stand, this is deemed camping/spawnkilling/backshooting etc

Chamberly
11-12-2015, 05:10 AM
About w00t you seem to say no Defending.

Because you can only stand behind the boxes facing toward the flag which make defending kinda pointless for the flag.

TimTim
11-12-2015, 09:51 AM
Good stuff |uK|UNrealshots!

For the TL;DR people:

IT'S CALLED CAPTURE THE FLAG SO PLAY CAPTURE THE FLAG AND ANY BEHAVIOR THAT DOESN'T HELP WITH CAPTURING THE FLAG WILL LIKELY RESULT IN A BAN.

|uK|ScReaM
11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
nice one shots :D

skinnyPete
11-12-2015, 10:45 AM
No teamswitching • Do not go to join the other team, by using a team switch keybind [...]

Am I still allowed to switch when I join, its 5v6 and the other team is down like 5 caps for example? Happens often that I get assigned to the winning team (because of the color I had in the previous game I think) and it would be just stupid not to switch - I guess thats an exception to the rule?
Or is this rule just for retards like rasta-man who fuck up the teams intentionally when they are losing?

|uK|Nordog
11-12-2015, 11:10 AM
I would say that when you join and its 6vs5 or any kind of uneven team, and the one who is loosing has 1 player less, you can switch. But i guess this is more for the players already playing.

SAM
11-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Or is this rule just for retards like rasta-man who fuck up the teams intentionally when they are losing?

That's exactly what it's for.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-12-2015, 12:01 PM
And NW CTF? Same rules about back shoot?
I agree with this rules for insta, because it's 1 shot for kill and no one has translocator, but for NW this rules is no sense imo

|uK|kenneth
11-12-2015, 12:41 PM
i suppose we can also add these rules to Combo.

SAM
11-12-2015, 01:15 PM
NW is different. Does back shooting exist in NW?

Higor
11-12-2015, 02:36 PM
NW regulations from unmoderated servers:
- No teamkilling (team boost was disabled)
- No piston camping on teleporters (I wrote one of the mods that handles this)

Well, back then everyone played to win so lamers weren't that much of an issue.

Chamberly
11-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Am I still allowed to switch when I join, its 5v6 and the other team is down like 5 caps for example?

Sorry but no, just have to keep playing.

As far about NW CTF, I was told there is no backshooting rule on that. The reference will be in another thread posted by other admin/moderator.

UNrealshots
11-16-2015, 09:21 AM
Am I still allowed to switch when I join, its 5v6 and the other team is down like 5 caps for example? Happens often that I get assigned to the winning team (because of the color I had in the previous game I think) and it would be just stupid not to switch - I guess thats an exception to the rule??

I believe in helping the losing team if you do end up on the winning team and losing team is down a player I normally do this if I jump in middle of a game and I end up on the winning team especially if the losing side is down multiple caps. Like I stated in the rules not all are finalized some need to be tweaked and ironed out and worked on but this is to get the cry babies to stop crying about rules.

Shotman
11-16-2015, 12:46 PM
|uK|UNrealshots i don't know if you want to add this one (dont know if it is a rule) but no flag drops through windows/glass? For example in Football, flag carriers can go directly to the sniper room and feign death/suicide to drop the flag through the window.

Chamberly
11-16-2015, 12:48 PM
It don't have to be added if that glitch don't work anymore. TimTim, Does it?

TimTim
11-16-2015, 01:16 PM
Flag drops are most likely still possible. I have no opinion on whether or not they should be allowed.

UNrealshots
11-16-2015, 04:35 PM
I think it could be something that could be added but need to talk amongst admins and such but I don't see why not

Jst2blond
11-16-2015, 07:30 PM
i have nothing against flag drop. And at least there aren t that amount of map with that "bug"

|uK|Nordog
11-16-2015, 07:31 PM
I have noticed that in one base on w00tabulous fixed, when you kill the efc @ certain spots, the flag gets stuck in the floor? and returns auto like 5 sec later...

Chamberly
11-16-2015, 08:08 PM
I'd add it if both side of the map allows it and not just only an advantage to 1 team. Just saying.

(I'm not talking about Siege's teleporter if some got this mixed up when speaking for iCTF.) :P

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-16-2015, 08:48 PM
I have noticed that in one base on w00tabulous fixed, when you kill the efc @ certain spots, the flag gets stuck in the floor? and returns auto like 5 sec later...

It goes through the wall, and then goes into the kill zone at the bottom of the map, just needs to a bit thicker and it will stop it.

|uK|Nordog
11-17-2015, 05:12 AM
yeah, but it shouldnt happen :P Weird that bug is not fixed , since that map is almost as old as i am :D

UT-Sniper-SJA94
11-17-2015, 08:50 AM
There is 2 different wootfixed maps, 1 is wootabulousFixed, and another wootabouls_fixed. The one on the combo server is the one that doesn't have the bug, if I remember correctly.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-17-2015, 11:26 AM
i'd say flag drops should be allowed as long as a person isnt using it to get further out of a base (i.e. through a window ledge to get the flag to mid more easily)

I mean idk about you guys but I often find myself feigning death to drop the flag to a less skilled teammate to hold the flag while I go retrieve ours on a crossteal...

LeBron
11-17-2015, 11:33 AM
nice :D so Thanks giving around the block!!!

soma
11-27-2015, 03:30 PM
I have a suggestion for one more rule;

NO INSULTS (I think those should be bannable at least 3 matches)

Chamberly
11-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Honestly, it's the general internet rule, by wide and all.

Those who has been excessive harassing for longer than 1 months has already been booted.

UNrealshots
06-26-2016, 11:59 PM
If anyone ever feels that we need more examples or we've forgot some rules or can help in anyway please feel free to comment.

nrgetic
06-30-2016, 04:58 AM
If anyone ever feels that we need more examples or we've forgot some rules or can help in anyway please feel free to comment.

To make sure people know the rules; When people enter the server, they get a message pop up with the most important rules, that only goes away by "clicking" i've read the rules and willing to follow them.
Also with a link to the first page of this thread. With transparent and set punishments breaking each one.

This way it is a certainty people are attended on the rules set and raise the minimum time of each kick/ban with a minimum of 1 month, and the second one greatly increased.
I think punishment for DM/chasing/ repetitive backshoots maybe a little higher than is done now. Simply because it starts a chain of rule breaking behaviours half of the time 1 person starts it.

This, or no rules at all, because half of the time now, playing daily at your ICTF servers the rules are not followed.
If you really want this to become the standard, this might help. It's your servers, when there is no doubt about it that these are the rules to be followed, and will be punished not a little bit but you shouldn't come at all to the server. Or even better you can't because you are banned.

Otherwise maybe just drop the rules, because half of the time it's normal for people to do backshots. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know better than getting away with it.
Now there has been a lot of policing lately again, my idea is that this only helps when it is not fighting symptoms of the times people get caught and get a tiny kick or ban. And the behaviour changes with no admins around also.
But when it's forced as a standard this will be known.

I am curious about opinions on this.

medor
06-30-2016, 06:06 AM
If there was just one thing to do ... force players to play with their real nicknames.

It would truly effective 3170

EDIT players ,all players ;admin to with there level we can read (there is false admin who shitting in boots other players).

|uK|B|aZe//.
07-01-2016, 05:41 PM
nrgetic the only problem with that is say if you're forced to reconnect and the enemy has grabbed your flag and goes out of sight in those few seconds people will complain. The only other way is when someone starts backshooting for example they are given the warnings they get already with the popup box that they have to tick and acknowledge they've seen the warning. Its not exactly hard to check the rules if you type !rules in the server it shows you those rules nor is it hard to follow basic fairplay/gameplay etiquette

Lanolin
02-22-2017, 03:09 PM
nor is it hard to follow basic fairplay/gameplay etiquette

fairplay is a rare commodity in ut

PK+
03-13-2017, 09:35 PM
ppl, let me explain a situation:
im lefting my base and see a guy passing thru my way, but if I hit him this will be probably a backshot or chase if in run to him,
ok then let him go so he takes the flag and in the exacly time he hits me bcs he got watching me all the time,
its ok if happens one or two times but if happens lot of times? and if happens when other guy from his team takes the flag?
its about 99% of the maches, u evade kill a guy bcs gonna be backshot or chasing and then u watch your front and got bshoted bcs other guy touched the flag

I wild say some times happens but its like all the maches, aways will be a guy behind the boxes in control, below the platform in abreez or behind the spawns in woota,
where u can hide and bshot there will be a guy in some matches,

should a take like a dishonorable tatic but acceptable?
I may think: If they do why would I not? I would pratice this, never seems a guy kiked bcs of this in years of matches

|uK|B|aZe//.
03-24-2017, 06:44 AM
If the person whos in your base is hiding you are allowed to turn around and clear up your base before you leave. If they grab your flag and you have just spawned or are still in your base you are allowed to retrieve.

The rules state:

No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)

No camping • This means on the back of enemies bases or in the middle of the map in a corner, spawncamping/spawnkilling, liftcamping/abusing the movers of such in any map.

From what you've described about people hiding is they are either camping/spawncamping or they arent being useful to their own team at all

eliteverga
04-12-2017, 04:46 PM
What happens when you reach the enemy base and no one is there, you can't simply go back to yours since its more likely that the enemy flag will soon be available again?

|uK|Nordog
04-12-2017, 05:18 PM
You can either suicide back to Your base, or strategicly hide without spawncampig enemies while waiting for flag. Do only do this whenever you are certain you dont have to wait more then a few Seconds on enemy flag carrier.

Lag4D
06-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I have read the rules.

Lanolin
08-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Hello just wondering if you have a high ping say 360 would it be unfair to the other team if you
grab the flag a lot or should just covering be the go. thanks.

SAM
08-28-2017, 04:38 AM
That's just taking to to extremes there.

seabass
08-28-2017, 01:39 PM
Hello just wondering if you have a high ping say 360 would it be unfair to the other team if you
grab the flag a lot or should just covering be the go. thanks.

The only thing that would be unfair to the other team is if your connection was so bad that you were warping all over the place.

Lanolin
08-28-2017, 04:58 PM
probably a stupid question, but wasn't sure, thanks for replying

Lanolin
10-08-2017, 01:51 AM
another stupid question, just wondering in maps like denise and and action
is the tactic of standing mid and picking off people on other side and occassionaly going
for flag ok for those type maps? Thanks

|uK|fleecey
10-13-2017, 10:38 PM
is the tactic of standing mid and picking off people on other side and occassionaly going

Bump

SAM
10-14-2017, 09:22 PM

Going for flag cover is fine. If there's no flag taken then no.