PDA

View Full Version : Team balancing - not working properlly

Feralidragon
05-21-2011, 05:42 AM
The team balancing in the Siege server is getting worse:

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l401/Feralidragon/LOL/unbalance.png

So you can have a small idea, my team was complete and I was pretty much the whole match at first place.
And you know what? I used *ONLY* an Impact Hammer the whole match, to actually prove my point how teams get so unbalanced, so all those points are actually the kills I made using the impact, I didn't use any other weapon to kill.

While Blue came to a point where they could even build nukes. I sugest to replace the actual balancing save file (the ini I guess) by the old one before Siege Ultimate entered the scene at all, if possible, but keep Siege Ultimate itself of course, as the balancing is messed everywhere.
Or organize a new file with a estimate amount of cookies for everyone, following that list from IST (about players prices and such), because as it is, is rare going there and get balanced teams nowadays, either that or I have an extremelly bad luck when entering the game.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-21-2011, 06:18 AM
ive been trying to tell scar this but i always get ignored so w.e maybe this time it wont go unignored

<|Pius|>
05-21-2011, 02:26 PM
blue team's stacked...even in stats. there's no way red has more cookies that blue.

audiosonic
05-21-2011, 03:21 PM
SAM is proud of his database and doesn't want to change it or something is what I heard last from him, but since he never plays on the server he doesn't know how unbalanced the teams are. ALWAYS. Even the database is messed up, people like severed and shit play leech on the server early on and get cookies from that which you know => messes the teams up again.

It seems that the teams just can't balance without an admin around, people always want to take the easy win.

SAM
05-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I restored a backup from January this morning.

Feralidragon
05-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks scar, will check the server out again tonight. :)

Moko
05-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah SAM, and after you balance it says they are un balanced. xd
But you might have fixed that, we'll see.

|uK|B|aZe//.
05-21-2011, 08:41 PM
basically say red has two extra players so red has 10 blue has 8 it wont say teams are unbalanced if someone balances it it becomes 9 vs 9 right once teams are balanced to 9v9 it will still say teams are unbalanced

its as if the balancer is working on team strength rather than making sure teams itself are even in terms of players?

<|Pius|>
05-22-2011, 08:22 AM
"blue team's stacked...even in stats. there's no way red has more cookies that blue."
there's no way it's working on strength, look @ those teams...blue clearly has a higher strength rating...unless all of red plays leech games...

Feralidragon
05-23-2011, 01:22 PM
"blue team's stacked...even in stats. there's no way red has more cookies that blue."
there's no way it's working on strength, look @ those teams...blue clearly has a higher strength rating...unless all of red plays leech games...
Well, I rarelly play leech games, and yet I got in first place by just killing people on blue team with a plain impact hammer (they came with all sorts of weapons and I defended with the impact hammer, how cool is that? Not cool at all).

The balancing was simply f*cked up, and if leeching breaks the stats again, I sugest someone build leech detector or ban leech completelly.

It now seems ok though (scar replaced the old stats with an old backup from Jan), at least in the same day night I went there and made 2 matches, and they seemed balanced alright, so I guess it's now fixed up.

SAM
05-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm actually working on a version that detects number of conts and determines from there whether leech or not. WIP for the time being though

noggieB
07-13-2011, 01:40 AM
There is some problem with the balancer, not AutoTeamBalance (the one with the numbers and stats which only acts at the start of the game) but the other one.

It used to be fine, just perfect, but recently we sometimes get the situation that someone goes !r to actually even out the teams, but the mod flashes "teams are unbalanced". I don't know what might be the cause of this change, but it's been happening at least a month now I guess, perhaps longer. Anyway it doesn't last forever. If someone rejoins it immediately sorts itself out. Bit weird that it went funny though. What else has changed this year? The new Siege version, and NexGen updates ... ?

To respond to the original poster, yeah if you play with hammer all game you are gonna lose, and people are gonna leave your team, and the opponents are gonna get all the cookies, so wp you fucked the teams yourself!

End-game screenshots often have more players on the winning team cos the losers all just did a ragequit.

To respond to Moko, yeah when you rebalance mid-game it does it according to number of players using the most-recent joiner, not according to scores/strengths, so that's why it still says it's unbalanced in terms of points (cos it is!). For some reason SAM didn't like ATB doing the mid-game rebalance (some nonsense about losing warheads! but whatever it's pretty crap at it anyway). Unfortunately I didn't leave in any code to turn off the "teams are now +/- this much" message, but you can turn it into a screen flash instead. xD

Note that the "very unbalanced" thing was based around 6v6 CTF, so for 12v12 Siege you're actually doing pretty OK if it's below 200. ;)

Finally the useful bit: I actually think the biggest cause of team unbalance is strong players leaving 20 seconds into the start of a new game (or just idling). That's a good reason to put a longer pause before the game starts, so players can actually decide if they are gonna go take a dump, make a sandwich, or play the map.

It is quite understandable after a long hard battle that players just wanna sit back for a minute and work out what they will do next. But no, the next game is shoved right in their faces, and some of them quit immediately after the teams are set! So much for making use of those lovely stats scarface!

(IF after the game starts nobody leaves and nobody joins for 1 hour, I think can get some really close games. Too bad that ain't gonna happen!)