Kenneth and Ironmaiden [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth and Ironmaiden

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-19-2015, 07:01 AM
You've both been promoted to become a moderator for the siege server, after an evaluation period you will be given mod access to other servers if you get through this trial period successfully and if you actually play on these other servers and understand the gameplay.

|uK|kenneth IronMaiden you've both been considered to be given the opportunity to become a mod. Message myself when you see me on the server or on teamspeak to get your mod abilities.

Lastly I will remind you that you're in a position of trust. Trial period is 2 weeks.

soma
11-19-2015, 08:20 AM
congratulations to both of you guys as well! Good effort.

CoD|JIgSaW
11-19-2015, 09:14 AM
I agree with kenneth as a mod but IronMad ?! Are you serious ? This guy rages to spec 90 % of the games he's losing and as far as I remember he even got banned for stupid shit like building leech in a normal game.Just look at these 2 screenshots.
http://www10.zippyshare.com/scaled/ydxctX69/file.html
Zippyshare.com - IrondMad.bmp (http://www22.zippyshare.com/i/DO0rBmAH/1739/IrondMad.bmp)
I'm playing less and less so I don't really care about it but someone like Scourge or even Spiderman could be way better than this rager who really thinks he's a good player.

Jst2blond
11-19-2015, 09:20 AM
I agree with kenneth as a mod but IronMad ?! Are you serious ? This guy rages to spec 90 % of the games he's losing and as far as I remember he even got banned for stupid shit like building leech in a normal game.Just look at these 2 screenshots.
http://www10.zippyshare.com/scaled/ydxctX69/file.html
Zippyshare.com - IrondMad.bmp (http://www22.zippyshare.com/i/DO0rBmAH/1739/IrondMad.bmp)
I'm playing less and less so I don't really care about it but someone like Scourge or even Spiderman could be way better than this rager who really thinks he's a good player.

This is a trial period so....
Wait and see and maybe ( i hope so), be surprised.
Congratz to both of you.

skaarj_dulog
11-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Ironmaiden mod? :D
https://i.imgflip.com/ue232.jpg

Cella_V2
11-19-2015, 09:53 AM
Its ok. All hope is lost, but its ok

audiosonic
11-19-2015, 11:16 AM
Thought his was a ban thread, unlucky.

teddy
11-19-2015, 11:41 AM
TBH Pub needs moar active mods. BUT KENET!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! FFS TOO APE SRS

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-19-2015, 11:55 AM
thanks for your comments, duly noted.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Thought his was a ban thread, unlucky.
Same lol
Iron Maiden as mod? i hope he dont ban who kill him every time or who rape his team.

Higor
11-19-2015, 01:03 PM
|uK|kenneth IronMaiden
Just a tip, keep it high on warnings and if you gotta get rid of someone do it for a small amount of games (10-25), always letting us know so we can increase the ban count if we find out the banned subject has had a long ban history (we've got the tools to see that).
If you need to identify a player find us here (chat) or on IRC.

HIGH+Parul
11-19-2015, 01:20 PM
Ahhhhh come on! Why not me....? xD

|uK|Tomahawk
11-19-2015, 01:54 PM
I agree with Kenneth having a trial for mod.... but Maiden?????..... NO like parul says let her have a trial period xD

Stormy
11-19-2015, 05:22 PM
i need admin rights. ill remove you all.. (c) IronMaiden

IronMaiden
11-19-2015, 06:06 PM
I would like to thank Blaze, SAM, all uK members and the community for this opportunity to help improve the game play and fairness, especially on the Siege server.

My intentions will be within the rules and the interest of the community. By saying this I mean:

- trying to help newcomers to understand the rules and improve their gameplay (this does not mean that I think I’m the best player around, not at all and far from it, but I will be able to teach some basics and being a mod I will have a few tools to get the attention of newcomers and actually talk to them)

- I will try to be on the server at times when existing admins and mods are usually offline

- I will not act or react blindly on any issues

- if I have to address issues I will actually try to talk to the person, give fair warnings and if it has to go beyond that I will provide demos and / or screenshots here on the forum

I used to own a forum with about 8000 members (around 400 active every day). I know from experience that moderating a community needs a completely different set of requirements than just being a member. I do understand that a moderator has to be a role model - which I not always have been - but which I will try to be.

As a moderator I do not have any intention to "change the system" or get in anybody’s way. I will need tho some help from Higor and others who have time to guide me along the way. All I would like to archive is a fairer and better gameplay, especially at night (US eastern time). I'm mainly talking about player that popup on a regular basis with only one intention: disrupt, end or corrupt games on purpose. This does not affect 99.9% of the members on this forum.

By the way: If anybody has any concerns please feel free to send me a PM. I will always be open to any constructive criticism. I’m not perfect. But as a mod I will not participate in public bashings of any kind anymore.

I talked with Kenneth (and many others) in the past, and we both will try our best, to improve fairness.

Cella_V2
11-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Seems like my playing days are over soon huehuehuehue

|uK|Tomahawk
11-19-2015, 09:13 PM
Fair enough Maiden I liked that response from that post alone he seems like he wants to take this seriously. Give him his chance :)

utbusta
11-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Busta Approves this thread!

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-19-2015, 10:55 PM
Welcome onboard both of you.

Remember to keep a cool head and stay neutral with any decisions, big brother will be watching "insert creepy stalker music here with evil laugh sound effects"

Jst2blond
11-20-2015, 01:45 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;102322']Welcome onboard both of you.

Remember to keep a cool head and stay neutral with any decisions, big brother will be watching "insert creepy stalker music here with evil laugh sound effects"

And also, i have to add it, That we are here ( others mods). So feel free to ask for some helps before taking decisions or how to take it. We are all parts of a Small Family and able to support us, all each others.

HIGH+Parul
11-20-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks Toma for your support :D

Never mind huh .... :P

Congrats to Kenneth and Ironmaiden Woohoo! :)

RTG`
11-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Im interested in seeing parul as a mod too..

'Zac
11-20-2015, 06:22 PM
i thought some form of sexual intercourse was needed for an administration level? * cough * moskva *cough*

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-20-2015, 10:21 PM
KERMIT would be a nice moderator imo.

Higor
11-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Kermit "I can't hit anyone ducking because my Y-Axis is magically centered" "My builds lose games" Grenouille?

Chamberly
11-21-2015, 12:03 AM
lmfao.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Kermit "I can't hit anyone ducking because my Y-Axis is magically centered" "My builds lose games" Grenouille?

Yes, he is so funny
I always stay crouched in front of him. After several seconds, he realize that he can't hit me, then he also crouch and i start jumping like CHIMP lol

IronMaiden
11-21-2015, 12:18 AM
Pretty sure 'he' is a 'she', afaik an older lady.

Still funny as shit :)

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-21-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't understand the crouch bug claims, if a player crouches then aim for the feet.

Those who know about this "bug", abuse the shit out of it with other players who do not realise they need to aim for the feet and not the head.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-21-2015, 01:26 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;102377']I don't understand the crouch bug claims, if a player crouches then aim for the feet.

Those who know about this "bug", abuse the shit out of it with other players who do not realise they need to aim for the feet and not the head.
it's normal now, you have to aim in head for hs a crouched player.
In previous LC, was impossible hs crouched players, as like UT99 original netcode.

And in the old zp versions, crouch was useless against sniper, because the hitboxes was the same for stand and crouched players

G3m1nis
11-21-2015, 03:23 PM
the newbies . I not think they are trained. for this position . especially.ironmaiden
this noob. not have much time in the server would a disaster

just wants administration for ban to others

+Dante+
11-21-2015, 03:49 PM
LEL O nice ill be The Next Moderator this december thx adms XD .. But Iron.. :please:

|uK|fleecey
11-21-2015, 04:02 PM
the newbies . I not think they are trained. for this position . especially.ironmaiden

lets see how it goes, shall we?

|uK|kenneth
11-21-2015, 04:10 PM
AdRiaN;102397]it's normal now, you have to aim in head for hs a crouched player.

yeah right... then why does it not work for me i have to aim at the body itself to hs him fucking retarded and annoying.

IronMaiden
11-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Don't be mad that I amp killed your core from 100% in less than 30 sec and 17 sec before match end yesterday :)

You will get over it eventually.

http://www.siedt.com/1120152340.png

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-21-2015, 04:40 PM

The problem is moderators that build bad things in bad places etc, and if you remove FOR HELP YOUR TEAM he just warn or ban you lol
Few days ago 1shot1kill built ridiculous conts for block the base in face, the enemies could spam it from mid, or maybe snipe from their base. I removed and rebuilt his conts, but he started to behave like a bitch. Removed my replaced conts and started boost me out of the sup whole match. If he had mod account he would kick me for sure, i just hope the new admins dont take things like too serious, remove for fuck the team is completly different of remove and REBUILD for help the team.
Why i didnt asked for he remove his conts? would be waste of time, some players dont know to play but dont accept help from others players.

IronMaiden
11-21-2015, 05:06 PM
AdRiaN;102423']The problem is moderators that build bad things in bad places etc, and if you remove FOR HELP YOUR TEAM he just warn or ban you lol
Few days ago 1shot1kill built ridiculous conts for block the base in face, the enemies could spam it from mid, or maybe snipe from their base. I removed and rebuilt his conts, but he started to behave like a bitch. Removed my replaced conts and started boost me out of the sup whole match. If he had mod account he would kick me for sure, i just hope the new admins dont take things like too serious, remove for fuck the team is completly different of remove and REBUILD for help the team.
Why i didnt asked for he remove his conts? would be waste of time, some players dont know to play but dont accept help from others players.

I talked with 1shot many times about his massive builds. While they are very 'leechable' he still is a very good, defensive player and in several cases they do make sense, at least from a defensive point of view. He is approachable for new ideas if you ask him decently to try a different route in building the base.

What was the last time you saw me building anything that was a real issue and you had to remove it? Didn’t happen.

When it comes to me I hope you read my first post in this thread. I will NOT overreact on anything, I will watch and learn from existing mods and admins and go from there. I have no interest in changing the community, only in improving fairness on the public server over time.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-21-2015, 06:24 PM
AdRiaN;102397']it's normal now, you have to aim in head for hs a crouched player.
In previous LC, was impossible hs crouched players, as like UT99 original netcode.

And in the old zp versions, crouch was useless against sniper, because the hitboxes was the same for stand and crouched players

From what I read, it was players crouching that could not get hit at all, not just headshots. I know several shots I have made hit the target but with no damage, so I always aim at their feet to ensure a hit.

Not entirely sure you are correct there adrian, one way to find out.

AdRiaN;102423']The problem is moderators that build bad things in bad places etc, and if you remove FOR HELP YOUR TEAM he just warn or ban you lol

You just don't seem to get it do you?, what makes you the dictator of what is right and wrong and what is considered a good build? you always say it is for the good of the team when the reality is YOU don't like it. You need to deflate your head a little.
Removing any players builds because of what your opinion is does not make it ok, if I remove all your builds because I feel they are not good would you be ok with that? you would be on the forum within 5 minutes yelling for a ban with screenshots.

Don't be a hypocrite and don't remove other players builds, they have the right to build how they wish regardless of any other players opinions, it doesn't matter if their builds can be leeched on. I can leech on builds in Face regardless of where the builds are by bouncing projectiles off a wall, so your excuse is full of holes.

The most you can do is ask them to remove, if they don't want to then you have no choice but to suck it up and play on. I have done the same thing where a players build is very bad, I may yell at them to please remove it but I never go right ahead and do it.

utbusta
11-21-2015, 08:50 PM
yeah right... then why does it not work for me i have to aim at the body itself to hs him fucking retarded and annoying.

I have noticed many headshots while they are crouching, not sure what is different or if I hit/aimed at a different position because I never zoom in just point and shoot but I know the typical noobs that crouch. It is possible

--- Updated ---

my understanding is that players don't get admin because they ask for it? Normally clan members seek them out and approach them? Even if someone requests it, the admins aren't just going to give anyone admin. Everything, like most anything else, is under trial and doesn't mean it is permanent. Give these guys a chance, if it works out then great but if not then it will change soon enough.

--- Updated ---

AdRiaN;102423']Why i didnt asked for he remove his conts? would be waste of time, some players dont know to play but dont accept help from others players.

You already know that you are supposed to ask a player to remove but you are correct in saying it would be a waste of time because I too have dealt with 1shot and he absolutely wont budge and he knows he is right. Goes back to the whole " my build is better because ..... " In that scenario no one wins but it can cause you to lose a game.

HIGH[+]AdRiaN
11-21-2015, 11:42 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;102439']From what I read, it was players crouching that could not get hit at all, not just headshots. I know several shots I have made hit the target but with no damage, so I always aim at their feet to ensure a hit.

Not entirely sure you are correct there adrian, one way to find out.

You just don't seem to get it do you?, what makes you the dictator of what is right and wrong and what is considered a good build? you always say it is for the good of the team when the reality is YOU don't like it. You need to deflate your head a little.
Removing any players builds because of what your opinion is does not make it ok, if I remove all your builds because I feel they are not good would you be ok with that? you would be on the forum within 5 minutes yelling for a ban with screenshots.

Don't be a hypocrite and don't remove other players builds, they have the right to build how they wish regardless of any other players opinions, it doesn't matter if their builds can be leeched on. I can leech on builds in Face regardless of where the builds are by bouncing projectiles off a wall, so your excuse is full of holes.

The most you can do is ask them to remove, if they don't want to then you have no choice but to suck it up and play on. I have done the same thing where a players build is very bad, I may yell at them to please remove it but I never go right ahead and do it.
So I can start build shit like a lot of conts in mid of map, and all that my team can do is ask for remove? No, you know that some times is better for everyone, for both teams, remove some builds. I dont remove builds just because i think it's not good or because i like another type of defense. The point is that some time players build in places that can fuck completly your team... This event in face is a exemple. The main base conts placed in view of mid, or enemy tower, for sure would make us lose fast.

And this is not only about me, when a player build any shit and this player dont answer, or dont want remove by himself, any one will remove his builds, for the good of all, your and even enemy team, where is the fun in beat a team with a free leech that everyone want to remove, but they cant, becase ONE player says this leech is defense?

IronMaiden
11-22-2015, 12:56 AM
AdRiaN;102485']So I can start build shit like a lot of conts in mid of map, and all that my team can do is ask for remove? No, you know that some times is better for everyone, for both teams, remove some builds. I dont remove builds just because i think it's not good or because i like another type of defense. The point is that some time players build in places that can fuck completly your team... This event in face is a exemple. The main base conts placed in view of mid, or enemy tower, for sure would make us lose fast.

And this is not only about me, when a player build any shit and this player dont answer, or dont want remove by himself, any one will remove his builds, for the good of all, your and even enemy team, where is the fun in beat a team with a free leech that everyone want to remove, but they cant, becase ONE player says this leech is defense?

Good points. But where exactly do you want to draw the line? When are a couple cons too far out and when not? There will always be conflict and you can’t write a clear rule about these scenarios.

From a mod perspective this gets even more complicated. If a mod decides that somebody build an "unnecessary" leech and intervenes he will be questioned by the builder. If the mod doesn't do anything somebody will complain that a rule is not being enforced.

I have also been irritated by unnecessary leech-builds in the past, including those from 1shot, and didn't get anywhere with my complaints, for a good reason unfortunately. I don't mind bad builds anymore, I might suggest something at best. Unless somebody drops completely random and useless cons all over the place like this Avenger or somebody removes an SC or half the base on purpose I won't do anything about it.

I've been told over and over again: if I want "perfect" matches I need to play on Pug. They had been right.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
11-22-2015, 07:57 AM
How do you not get that this is still only your opinion?

If you build shit then so be it, that is your choice. Spam it over the map and you get a warning to remove it, ignore warning and you get a vacation just like any other player. I will never discriminate by how much the player skill is, you should know better by now Adrian.

If a player is spam building they will be warned to remove it, if they fail to do that and carry on, then they will be removed and then and only then can any player remove their builds.

No name on bad builds = removable without penalty
player name on build = warning and then a ban if it is repeated.

The whole point is no matter what situation there is, you do not remove other players builds when they are still in the game......period. I don't care what kind of tantrum you throw over it, I will ban you just like anyone else if you do it again.

Someone removes your builds = you come to forum and demand a ban
You remove builds = you know what is best for the team.

That makes you a hypocrite.

pull your dick out of your ass and realise you are not in control of what is best for the team.

Your big head seems to have difficulty accepting it.

This discussion has hijacked this thread, if you want to continue this debate (even though you wont get anywhere, the result will be the same), then open a new thread/topic and I will continue to tell you the same thing over....and over.....and over again just like normal when you are involved.

--- Updated ---

Good points. But where exactly do you want to draw the line? When are a couple cons too far out and when not? There will always be conflict and you can’t write a clear rule about these scenarios.

From a mod perspective this gets even more complicated. If a mod decides that somebody build an "unnecessary" leech and intervenes he will be questioned by the builder. If the mod doesn't do anything somebody will complain that a rule is not being enforced.

I've been told over and over again: if I want "perfect" matches I need to play on Pug. They had been right.

This is correct, no matter what, a mod will get backlash from a disgruntled player, we never win and it is never a big headed decision.
Second point is use pug server if you want perfect-ish build matches.

|uK|B|aZe//.
11-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Don't be mad that I amp killed your core from 100% in less than 30 sec and 17 sec before match end yesterday

You will get over it eventually.

AHAHAH just another day that G3m1nis tries to rack up frags and prances around like hes kingshit but in the end gets shit on

REKT

--- Updated ---

AdRiaN;102423]The problem is moderators that build bad things in bad places etc, and if you remove FOR HELP YOUR TEAM he just warn or ban you lol

do you have proof of this? or is this another one of your "prophecies"

HIGH+CAMILO
11-23-2015, 07:34 AM
This is a thread about kenneth and iron, pls take your drama to another place.

Welcome to staff both of you.

Chamberly
12-04-2015, 11:11 PM
It has been 2 weeks so far, so how does it? Upgrade to Junior mod?

UNrealshots
12-05-2015, 02:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kpfYazX.gif

soma
12-05-2015, 03:26 AM
lol, can anyone lip read for me what she is saying :D

|uK|fleecey
12-05-2015, 05:15 AM
It has been 2 weeks so far, so how does it? Upgrade to Junior mod?

They have Jr mod already

TimTim
12-05-2015, 10:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kpfYazX.gif

DAT ASS DOE.

Chamberly
12-05-2015, 12:08 PM
Dafuq shots? xD

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Will get on this today after work/sleeps

|uK|B|aZe//.