PDA

View Full Version : Banned for not demoreccing.

Gizmo
12-17-2015, 06:26 PM
So I was playing on Leviathan today, under the name :c. I was playing decent and after the game Timbur pmed me. He told me to upload my demo from previous map to the UnrealKillers forum. I told him that I don't demo the public game, since noone ever asked me to. He replied to that saying just do what I said. Once again I told him that I didn't have the demo from the previous match. I got instantly banned. The banmsg was: "UPLOAD DEMOS TO FORUMS".

If he wouldve asked me to start demoreccing in the future, sure, not a problem at all. But how can I go back in time. Unban me please, and if needed, I will auto-demo all the public games in the near future, to prevent missunderstandings.

The stats of the match: Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=match&mid=99894).

Gizmo.

TimTim
12-17-2015, 06:56 PM
I've asked you to record your demos before. I'll give you another chance and unban you, even though you promptly responded with an attitude acting as if you weren't going to do as I asked (which is the main reason I banned you). Please record from now on so that when your demo is requested, you can provide it.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-17-2015, 10:12 PM
I am a little confused..... People are being banned because they are not recording a demo?

if it is to prove skill then that is backwards, people don't have to prove they are innocent to a mod, its the other way around.

If it is some other weird custom I am unaware of then I would be interested in this situation and why it happened.

Higor
12-18-2015, 12:26 AM
[[[Enforcing competitive gaming rules into a public server.]]](?)
Do I have to put a very short sticky to remind the IG moderators there's something called XC_Spec to spot weird aiming patterns?

Because if the real reason for evaluating a clientside demo is to see that shots are being done artificially... then you might as well start validating more aggresively the shots serverside.

Chamberly
12-18-2015, 12:32 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;104279]People are being banned because they are not recording a demo?

Nah... but if questionable things arise, we do ask them to record a demo... unless really suspicious thing come around such as illegal gameplay by any means.

I've been waiting for that (updated?) XC_Spec tho.

soma
12-18-2015, 12:40 AM
to tell you the truth I also played with tibur and :c yesterday and my only thought was that your aim is like godlike - I wanted to go spec you myself out of curiosity but prefered to play , meh

SAM
12-18-2015, 04:11 AM
Burden of proof is on prosecution. Not the defendant!

TimTim
12-18-2015, 05:55 AM
Alright well, since you folks apparently don't trust my judgment, I'll just quote what I PMed Fluke, even though I really wanted to keep it private. Good job guys.

Gizmo is a convicted cheater who currently plays better than he did when he was caught cheating. Last year, every time he would join a pug in #iPug, everyone (and I mean everyone) would leave the pug because no one wanted to play with him because it's obvious he's cheating. I had the displeasure of pugging with him and he's one of those people who gets off on cheating, knowing there's no way to prove it anymore (without putting in ridiculous amounts of work into a new anticheat). He has literally laughed in people's faces about it on TeamSpeak and rubbed it in. Any nice guy buddy-buddy stuff from him is an act. Don't fall for it. This is why I am requiring him to record demos and banned him when he began acting like he wasn't going to ever provide them.

On top of that, people don't want to play with Gizmo. He DMs the entire time - which is probably what I should have banned him for to begin with - and people tend to leave the server (or they at least PM me about him) because they think he's cheating.

Furthermore, without clientside demos (XC_Spec isn't sufficient), it's nearly impossible to gather enough evidence. I asked him nicely to record demos a while back. I guess he "forgot" that I asked him. And when I asked him nicely again to record, he said he wouldn't do it and that I should look at his old demos. Those demos are irrelevant.

At the very least, if Nick is in fact cheating as many, many people have suspected, which is completely warranted given his history and current magical ability to play better than he did when he was previously caught cheating, perhaps being required to demo will be enough deterrent to at least tone down the cheating a bit. It's really not much to ask.

And for the record, I didn't ban Gizmo for suspected cheating. I banned him for basically telling me to fuck off when I asked nicely for him to record demos.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
12-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Previous issues regarding enhancing additions to "aim" coming back to bite you in the ass, this is why people shouldn't cheat in the first place. It's like being caught stealing, they may never do it again but their name will be the first thought of if something goes missing.

Even though I cant quite say I agree with players having to record a demo, It may help as backup if accused. Also I would point out using a demo from someone you suspect may be stepping into that realm of cheating probably isn't going to be of any use anyway.

The stats show a very high frag count, but by no means is it a huge leap from some games I have been involved in. Some matches I may be up there with the high frags but often the top players can treble my frag count which always makes me wonder how that is possible, especially on tight maps without much wiggle room. But as it cannot be proven, it would just be a wild accusation with no merit. The first thing I would do is go to spec and request a SShot from ACE then watch them, there isn't much more that can be done after that.

This all reminds me of Cella, he went from average to almost godlike in a week or two, I believed it was a cheat of some kind but could not be proven hence why you don't see any ban history involving cheating with him.

SAM
12-18-2015, 06:07 AM
You shouldn't be keeping any of that private though. None of us knew his past. Gizmo start recording all games from now on.

If you're not willing to demo or can't provide one, we can just keep you off the servers pre-emptively.

Chamberly
12-18-2015, 06:08 AM
since you folks apparently

I only saw a few. Not enough to make you post what you said, imo.

soma
12-18-2015, 07:13 AM
He actually wanted a demo from this game;

Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=match&mid=99895)

Not that it matters now...

edit: his excessive dming reduced my effi and accuracy to the level of what my 10-year old daughter can do lol :D

soma
12-18-2015, 09:19 AM
So I was playing on Leviathan today, under the name :c. I was playing decent

The stats of the match: Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usstats/?p=match&mid=99894).

Gizmo.

Lol, You call 70% effi and 44 accu decent? well it's like a slap to everyone's face, anyway it seems to me you had a really good game just found in my utdemos folder this great match (turned out I had demorec on) , still I'm no expert at analysing demos...

http://www.filedropper.com/ctf-leviathan12-1720-40-04

UT-Sniper-SJA94
12-18-2015, 10:54 AM
You call 70% effi and 44 accu decent? well it's like a slap to everyone's face

There is a 2% acc player, and a 10% acc on the other team.

Have a look at some of Serenity's duku games in the utstats, there are some high 50s%acc 80+%eff games with 200+ kills on duku, there is even a 63%acc rainbase(I can't aim base[like caves, scandi]) game on the uk stats from 2012.

|uK|B|aZe//.
12-18-2015, 12:25 PM
the fact he was suspected widely of cheating wasnt kept a secret I knew too as well as others who are/were part of the ig scene from ipug/mlig etc

timbur is just taking pre-emptive action by asking people kindly to demo games to remove suspicion/clear the person of cheating whatever the case may be of course with aid of clientside demos which naturally will have more accuracy than any other form of collecting evidence in either outcomes

frog
01-01-2016, 01:56 AM
if i was banned every time some players call me aimbotter or shits like this lot of us will be on top of bans on ut.. but to say "fuck off" for demo request and not doing it that could be suspicious.. like riven on clanbase (rules are demorec on all matches) and he wasn't doing demorec when teams ask for demos problems came to him and on his team but this time u have been warned ? and u didn't care ..so now hope u will demorec on publics and no 'fuck off' to an admin who ask u demo :p