PDA

View Full Version : Banned???

Scorpion
01-19-2016, 11:35 PM
I've been playing UT since '99, mostly Instagib, and this is the first time I got banned from a server. I'm more than slightly confused.

Why did I get banned tonight? It was during Abreeze, and I was doing defense in the same fashion I usually do on that map, so what was the reason? Sure as heck don't want to be banned forever! :D

Thanks,

Scorpion, 3dfxScorpion, {3dfx}-Scorpion, etc...

edit: Just adding that it stated that I was banned for "undefined".

|uK|Nordog
01-20-2016, 12:14 AM
Defence is in flagroom

Not on middle, chasing from base to base.
You did backshoot, and chase me from my base to yours quite a few times, and that is against rules, as i did warn you about after control.
Ban is 1 day.

Chamberly
01-20-2016, 12:23 AM
Maybe there might be a hiccup somewhere for unexpected ban to come up.

Edit: nvm just saw Nordog's post. I didn't think I saw that or not.

Meanwhile, please stick to 1 thread Scorpion, alright?

Scorpion
01-20-2016, 12:49 AM
Hi Nordog, I appreciate your prompt response.

The map I received my ban was Abreeze. My defensive style, on that map, is from the flag room, monitoring the entrances, constantly moving, so am not mistaken for a camper, and providing support to carriers coming in.

On any map, I do not chase people from base to base, unless they have my flag, otherwise I do not purposely chase people around the map.

The main role I play is defense, so if you think I am chasing you, personally, it could be that I am just deciding to give up on offense (not my strong point), and return to defense. Either way, I do not chase a particular player "just because".

In reviewing the rules, I will say that I am guilty of back-shooting my flag carrier, so I will definitely stop doing that! :D

I did not see your warning come up, because I rarely pay attention to messages. I just back into playing UT after over a year, so I do not want to be a player that you feel needs to be watched, because I have never been a player that has needed it.

Always enjoy playing on the uK servers, and in no way would ever want that to change.

--Scorp

edit: typo, durn it....

|uK|Nordog
01-20-2016, 01:11 AM
Has nothing to do with chasing anyone particular, once you left your base, there is no return to kill enemy players entering your base from middle, or their base. Its stricktly against the rules. Several times when i was entering your base i ran past you, ignored you and you ran from middle and back into your hallway trying to kill me. That is chasing. Defence is inside flagroom. If you have to turn on middle to hunt down players while defending, thats actually not defending but chasing.

Scorpion
01-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Look, I have been playing the way I play for a long time. I have no problem following rules. But, from my side, since I have never been banned from how I play, I need a little bit more than one person giving me their opinion of how I broke a rule. Do you have a recording or screenshots of my action, or screenshot of the warnings you sent me?

And to be clear, this is a discussion, and I do not want to feel that my defense of this ban, in the thread, will be taken as hostile and you choose ban me for a longer duration. This server is the only server I play, period.

In the case of chasing, are you describing my actions on Control? If so, then let me describe a scenario in which you might think I am chasing, and ask that you clarify:

- On Control, I usually defend outside of that little hallway from the right of the flag room. If I see someone go in, I go in after them. Is that chasing?
- If after I leave the flag room, and not enter the middle room, I see someone go into the flag room, side or front, I will go in after them. I will go in, because I will not allow an enemy player to possible camp waiting for my flag guy to return. Is that chasing?

there is no return to kill enemy players entering your base from middle, or their base
So, again using Control as the example map, if I am on defense, and I enter the middle after chasing an enemy flag carrier, I am not allowed to return to base and defend? I can only go forward and play offense until my death?

I do not chase people back far from my own base. If there is someone in front of me while returning, then chasing them was not the reason I turned around to return to base.

Can you see where a bit of clarity needs to be injected into this discussion? I already admitted guilt to back-shooting to boost a flag carrier, but I am having a tough time feeling guilty about your description of chasing.

Does anyone else have something to add to this?

Thanks, and see you all back on the server, soon!

|uK|Nordog
01-20-2016, 08:55 AM
After reviewing my demo, i have decided to lift your ban, but for future record to go that far down the hallway when you are defending, to turn around and run after enemies, can be taken as full chasing.
Yes you did defend, but you also defended in a way that can be concidered chasing.

Scorpion
01-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Thank you for lifting the ban.

UNrealshots
01-20-2016, 10:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r1HFM5z.gif

Scorpion
01-20-2016, 12:41 PM
https://mattsko.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/keystone-kops-gif.gif

Ze3k
01-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone, since it was already being discussed, I preferred to write directly to this thread instead of opening another, I've been recently banned, I don't know by whom but I do know that in accordance with the message i received from the server when I tried to get in and play, that it was for chasing in the middle of a map, I cannot confirm or deny this since I have no demo nor do I have a full recollection of the events, but since it has been my first infraction and all, and I normally behave quite well, I would kindly ask if my ban could be lifted. thanks

Chamberly
01-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Need more info man... what server? What the ban message say? Screen shot that and post here please.

Ze3k
01-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Chamberly I was banned from all insta servers, US and UK, plus the comboinsta, it doesn't show who banned me, I know it was yesterday because i played during the morning, at the end of the day i tried to get in but i couldn't... the message only said ZE3K was banned for chasing in the middle nothing else.

|uK|ScReaM
01-21-2016, 06:55 AM
nordog baned you for chasin in mid Nordog

Ze3k
01-21-2016, 09:11 AM
I didn't even notice, and i'm sorry if i did it, Nordog which map was it? because the last game I played I don't even remember seeing you there, I've been playing in these servers for a while now and I never had any complaint before, I got 1 vote to be kicked once and that's it, and in my defense I must there's a lot of ppl that assrun. specially in the US server...and I never complained because some times ppl just spawn behind you so it may happen unknowingly, it's part of the game, in the meantime i'm worried about my ban nothing else cause i only like to play igib and there aren't that many servers lying around..... (sorry for the long post and for any mistakes, I need to write in english more often.)

|uK|Nordog
01-21-2016, 09:41 AM
Your ban was up yesterday, it was a 1 day ban. Y ou did chase abit on that map, and yes i was playing. Its also not the first time you have done it. In the future to avoid this, keep in mind that if you have to run after a player from outside your base to defend your flag its not defence but chasing. Enjoy playing, and just follow these guidelines. Thats also to the rest of the players.

SAM
01-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Ze3k

This thread is not about your ban. In future make your own thread or we can just add to your list of infractions.