Question about Face [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : Question about Face

Chazy®!
01-24-2016, 10:54 PM
I have a question, ofc, its becose im not sure.

If one team have a sb, can I be in high base shooting players when they goes in the air? (no crouching, not hide).

IronMaiden
01-24-2016, 11:16 PM
The issue is not with shooting mid air players, the issue is standing on the top roof for prolonged times and sniping, no matter who you shot. I also saw you standing right at the edge and aiming down which would only be the case if you would shoot player further down. At the end of the day it is base camping and I asked you nicely to stop, not even a warning.

- - - Updated - - -

And here the rules for reference:

Siege Server Rules (Recommended Ban Guidelines)

-No Camping (10/20/40/80 matches)
-No Cheating (6 months/Perma Ban)
-No Laming (3/10/25/50 matches)
-No Racism (25/50/100/150 matches)
-No Supplier Spamming/Hiding/Crouching (25/50/200 matches)
-No Boosting out of Supplier (25/50/200 matches)
-No Stacking Teams (50/100/200 matches)
-Do not abuse !s !t !p to switch teams (10/20/50 Matches)
-No Removing Other Player Buildings (10/20/50/100 matches)
-No using engine exploits (multigunning, pulsing through walls) (50/100/200 matches)
-No Map Exploits (Advantages that apply to only one team) (50/100/200 matches)
-No Building Through Walls (Except For Tele's ONLY) (50/100/200 Matches)
-Don't SuperMine spawn points (50/100/200 Matches)
-Shooting through windows/glasses/walls is not allowed (25/50/100 matches)
-No Bouncing/Bunny Hopping (50/100/200 matches)

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?1718-Siege-Server-Rules-(Recommended-Bans)

Chazy®!
01-24-2016, 11:18 PM
Did i mentions you nick, maiden? you know that I don't like you. You're death probably is gonna be a good notice, but I didn't say nothing about you here, and I didnt say nothing (here at least) when you boosted me for take the mid item and then say "relax" ~ This is a question, nothing else

paranoid

Moskva
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Now about the question, personally I do between 3-5 shots from up there maximum per spawn, for a matter of fair play though. I do realize pub requires something different since it's more players, but that's what I do at least.

IronMaiden
01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
Has nothing to do with my nick. I am free to post here, no matter what the topic is.

Did i mentions you nick, maiden? you know that I don't like you. You're death probably is gonna be a good notice..

Now wishing somebody death is a new league.

You know, I'm not perfect, never claimed to be perfect either. But what I can say is that I'm trying my best on the Siege server to improve the game play. By now I have hundreds of screenshots and demos that can proof that at least a little bit I do improve it here and there.

Now I’m not expecting to be liked as a mod (or in general). But if somebody can't even ask you to stop breaking a WRITTEN RULE (read the rules in the link above, and these are not my rules, and they apply for everyone) without you coming to the forum and wishing death to the only person that is actually involved in this matter, you really do have greater, personal issues.

This is a game, after all. You don't know me. Just because we disagreed about a couple things in a GAME, doesn’t warrant such a statement. No matter how you look at it.

That was pretty.. sad.

Chazy®!
01-24-2016, 11:42 PM
Read nice plis c: Im not wishing you death, I say that is gonna be a good notice. Different

- - - Updated - - -

Now about the question, personally I do between 3-5 shots from up there maximum per spawn, for a matter of fair play though. I do realize pub requires something different since it's more players, but that's what I do at least.

Pero entonces, defender arriba del mueble en Bath, o en la salida de butchered, no es lo mismo? o al menos similar?

But then, defend high in bath or the exit of butchered its not similar?

IronMaiden
01-24-2016, 11:53 PM

3-5 shots ≠ "for prolonged times"

I saw Chazy on top shooting several time, went spec somebody else, and when I came back he was still up there so I kept watching to make sure it was camping and not just "every now and then".

I tried to be nice by writing in game chat. No warning. No kick. No ban. And for being extra cautious this retarded thread is the outcome. Now I understand why Fluke, Higor etc. just hand out a short bans and don't discuss stuff like this. It just ends up as a misinterpretation that every tingle moderation can be questioned, and on top of it you gotta read shit about your death.

@Chazy
Since this seems to be more of a personal issue, Chazy, here my peace offer: whatever happened in the past, on both sides, let’s forget about it and start over. Can we both get this done?

Higor
01-24-2016, 11:54 PM
My way of proceeding:

- Enemies pouring in from my teleporters.
- "OH SHIT TEAM WTF YOU DOING MAKE SM"
>>- Team makes SM's
> - We're good
> - End
>>- Team doesn't make SM's
> - Go to roof or mid sniping room
> - Select shock rifle
> - Hit airborne noobs so they don't reach the tower.
> - Construct SM when you reach 780 RU (enough for Level 1 upgrade)
> - End

I usually won't be seen standing there for more than a minute.

Chazy®!
01-25-2016, 12:09 AM
You know Maiden, this actually was a question topic. Becose you told me I was camping and in the past, I saw players doing the same in the same context (masacre for one team, sb builded and someone trying to stoping them in the air [I just could shoot 3 guys and I didnt have for SM]), that's why i told you that i will ask (ofc, I knew your answer to this problem... so it didnt help in this case). Yes, upset to me a little, ofc. That's why defending in high bathroom (snipping) maybe is really similar and nobody say nothing. I know its different shooting down (in face).

Now, my problem with you is when you told me that im breaking a rule (when Im ver careful with that), and sometimes i see you doing the same.

Normally I dont have problem with your presence

IronMaiden
01-25-2016, 01:21 AM
..and sometimes i see you doing the same.

That is not correct. The only time you will EVER see me on any face maps on the top or mid roof is when somebody keeps sniping me from above, then I might go up and shoot that player. If nobody is sniper camping up there, I'm not up there. You will especially not see me there and shot more than one person. It is a waste of time anyways. As soon as SS is made I make nukes and go in. As everybody knows, I don’t use sniper in many maps not even once. Rockets or combo all the time. I don't like sniper, if I did, I'd be on DM and not siege.

Repeat sniping on the roof top in face maps is considered as lame. There are several posts / threads in the forum. A noob that can’t cross the bridge will be tempted to stay in base and pull out the sniper. But you are not a noob, you are one of the best players. So I think that especially somebody like you could be more creative in this map.

Regarding other maps like bathrooms: it’s the same rule, no matter where you stand. If you stay in the same spot for longer, and on top of it in your own base, sniping the enemy mid to long range is called (base) camping. Look at other games, same thing, this is not only UT or siege related.

Btw: if this rules is not to be enforced, then it needs to be removed from the rule list. If the rule stays and is not defined in detail, it is within my discretion as a mod to interpret said rule. Common sense.. same in every sporting event.. coming from a licensed MA judge.

- - - Updated - - -

For reference, other threads regarding camping in Face:

1.) http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?3542-Camping-on-Face&highlight=face

Common testimony: camping on top roof is reason for ban.

2.) http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?6725-Camping-on-Face-map-Allowed&highlight=face

Testimony by admin: “If you're constantly staying there waiting for people to come through tele with sb boost then its camping.” and offender was banned.

3.) http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?4232-Spiderman-Camping-Face&highlight=face

Testimony by mod: “lets hope because I haven't smashed spiders skull in that I dont get more mod hate.”

Chamberly
01-25-2016, 02:08 AM
If you up there on top sniping/combo/killing off incoming boosted players from the same teleporter they coming out at on same level, that's not camping because you're actively taking role to protect your base and gaining RU.

The other hand is, if you are on top and just sitting there and not doing much to help your team then yeah useless camping. Unless you're on the other side of base trying to yell "HURRY UP RU REGENERATE FASTER TRYING TO MAKE A TELE!!!!" well you're fine long you don't get caught by another person attacking you for preventing telespot lol.

Moskva
01-25-2016, 07:27 AM
3-5 shots ≠ "for prolonged times"

This is quite obvious isn't it, the whole thing with the prolonged times line is, how to determine what prolonged is? 10 seconds? 20 seconds? 5 seconds? a minute?, there is no such standard where we can say "oh, X seconds violation rule", so right now whatever judgement goes on about stuff like this is completely arbitrary

Not a knock on you btw, speaking generally, it seems like a thing to review though

Pero entonces, defender arriba del mueble en Bath, o en la salida de butchered, no es lo mismo? o al menos similar?

No exactamente, o sea, puede ser similar, pero la diferencia es que cuando le disparas a alguien arriba del mueble o en Butchered, tu controlas tus movimientos en un 100%, en cambio en este caso, prácticamente te mueves dentro de lo que el SB deja que te muevas, por tanto más complejo poder defenderse de quien esté en el techo, mientras vas en el aire claro.

skaarj_dulog
01-25-2016, 07:45 AM
If you up there on top sniping/combo/killing off incoming boosted players from the same teleporter they coming out at on same level, that's not camping because you're actively taking role to protect your base and gaining RU.

Just wanted to tell same, then seen you posted it already.
IronMaiden, camping on face is when you sit on top and shot players in low.

SAM
01-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Let's keep it simple

Are you there for a long time?
Are you shooting and killing people?
Is it likely you will be alive for prolonged period?
Is it likely you kill the same person more than once from the same spot you were at?
If yes = camping
If no = not camping.

|uK|fleecey
01-25-2016, 12:49 PM
I have a question, ofc, its becose im not sure.

If one team have a sb, can I be in high base shooting players when they goes in the air? (no crouching, not hide).

I asked this somewhere else and as I remember what blaze said you can SHOT them once in awhile, but you can't stand there at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey
I asked this to an admin, if they make sb and you stand on top shooting them while flying, it's not camping, it's allowed to do so. If that's what you mean?

if you're constantly staying there waiting for people to come through tele with sb boost then its camping.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
I obviously dont mean standing there whole map, but time to time u can shoot them off no?

yes

IronMaiden Chazy®!

this is taken from another thread by camping on face.

So you can shot someone from high when they are coming from SB but however, you cant keep standing there all time and shoot them, that is camping.

IronMaiden
01-25-2016, 03:05 PM
I asked this somewhere else and as I remember what blaze said you can SHOT them once in awhile, but you can't stand there at all times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
I obviously dont mean standing there whole map, but time to time u can shoot them off no?

IronMaiden Chazy®!

this is taken from another thread by camping on face.

So you can shot someone from high when they are coming from SB but however, you cant keep standing there all time and shoot them, that is camping.

I referenced that exact thread in my post no 10:

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php?6989-Question-about-Face&p=106849&viewfull=1#post106849

|uK|B|aZe//.
01-29-2016, 09:16 AM

The other hand is, if you are on top and just sitting there and not doing much to help your team then yeah useless camping. Unless you're on the other side of base trying to yell "HURRY UP RU REGENERATE FASTER TRYING TO MAKE A TELE!!!!" well you're fine long you don't get caught by another person attacking you for preventing telespot lol.

both contexts are a form of camping if the player is just waiting there for people to fly across

Cella_V2
01-29-2016, 09:41 AM
No Stacking Teams (50/100/200 matches)

ha ha ha ha ha ha this one does get enforced a lot KAPPA