nordog... [Archive] - UnrealTournament Siege, Bunnytrack, Combogib, Instagib, UT99, UT4 clan & Server Discussion

PDA

View Full Version : nordog...

Scorpion
01-26-2016, 12:46 AM
Dude, what was with the harassment tonight? I have been playing this game forever and have never been harassed like that, ever. And I get a popup in which I need to acknowledge to even close, because you think I do not know how to pick up a flag? From my count I missed ONE flag dropped on wOOt, because I did not see it.

Then you accuse me of deathmatching. I'm playing defense! Is this going to be another threat of a ban? Do you think I need to be parented and coached by you? No, I don't.

I thought we covered the rules, already, and I know for a fact I did not break any tonight.

What is the deal, nordog? Is anyone complaining about my gameplay? Are you just singling me out?

You're an admin, and I obviously cannot control your actions, but I feel I need to post something in defense, and offense, of my experience tonight. I hope you are adult enough to separate between the game, and life, and see this post for what it is.

It's only a game....

To the other admins/moderators of this server: This server rocks. Good peeps, good play, good fun. I hope the interpretation of one does not interfere with my ability to keep enjoying it.

Thanks,

Scorp

Higor
01-26-2016, 01:30 AM
Holy shit, same dude that played on High Speed CTF-Face?

soma
01-26-2016, 01:47 AM
I played a couple of matches while you were on the opposite side and you are chasing players or stay in your base most of the time...

Isn't such gamestyle boring man? Apparently not for you. Pity becasue it spoils all the fun, whenever I try to grab you are always there waiting.

Blackdeath
01-26-2016, 05:56 AM
High Speed CTF-Face?

Old times... Is still alive?

|uK|fleecey
01-26-2016, 06:17 AM
Lol at people who play defense on spam maps

|uK|Nordog
01-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Defending • Yes it is allowed you can defend just as long as you're not in the middle of a map or in your base shooting players in middle this means you protect your flag you kill people who are in the base trying to grab. (Rule will be subject to change at some point or another maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule)

On bolt i saw you defend midway on the side chasing people. I then warned you and told you to defend close to the flag. And people dont have to be complaining fo rme to warn you. ALso defending on w00t is actually against the rules, maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule. Maybe it should be specified abit better, but its actually not legal to defend on w00t.

But anyways, defending halfway over the middle is not defending in my eyes , but deathmatching, and like you defended on the right side on bolt is not legal. And you know this , since we had this debate the time you got banned.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-26-2016, 11:22 AM
If you can see mid and the enemy flag then it is camping/DM'ing on any map.

Defending is staying close to or in your base with no clear line of sight to mid or enemy flag. If you can see either then you are breaking the rule.

Scorpion
01-26-2016, 11:28 AM
On bolt i saw you defend midway on the side chasing people. I then warned you and told you to defend close to the flag.

I understand, but I really do not intend on chasing on those types of maps, nor do I even know I am doing anything that you would call chasing. I like to go back and forth, from left side to right side. I will try to stay local to flag, or maybe it would be best if I just went on offense.

ALso defending on w00t is actually against the rules, maps like w00t etc conflict with this rule. Maybe it should be specified abit better, but its actually not legal to defend on w00t.

Had never heard that one before... There seems to always be someone perched near the flag. I just try to minimize the other team from being on my side, plus I was able to cover the carrier and recover about five flags and help cap.

By the way, your popup telling me to pick up flags was a bit overkill, don't you think? And it was not even for any rule infraction. Here's an idea: Can we all just have that ability to pop up messages to other? Just be sure to check the box to continue! :D

...and like you defended on the right side on bolt is not legal. And you know this , since we had this debate the time you got banned.

I really had no idea I stayed on one side that long. I usually go back and forth, from side-to-side, because I do sit on one side just to pick people off.

Look Nordog, I do not want to feel like I have to keep defending myself. Bottom line, this is a video game. But, if you have been playing for as long as I have, then all of a sudden start getting grief from a moderator on a server, playing a game and maps you have played on for a long time, playing the same style, then how would you feel? I just want to play, not piss anyone off, and try to win, while being fair, and having fun. And I do not want to get banned from this server! So, crap, I may have to suffer with moderator popups from time to time... Drat...

soma
01-26-2016, 01:51 PM
lol, nice language, but you are aware that those popups may eventually say your banned for 500matches/6months and forever? :D

edit: be glad about warnings because all other mods/admins may not be so lenient...

SAM
01-26-2016, 02:38 PM
You've probably not had anyone giving infraction for play against rules because we simply haven't had the moderators. We've been actively recruiting with the aim of cleaning up play on server.

Please abide by the rules.

Scorpion
01-26-2016, 04:37 PM
lol, nice language, but you are aware that those popups may eventually say your banned for 500matches/6months and forever? :D
and he put a smiley face after that remark.... I do not want to be that guy!

|uK|ScReaM
01-26-2016, 04:46 PM
this is only DM

I really had no idea I stayed on one side that long. I usually go back and forth, from side-to-side, because I do sit on one side just to pick people off.

Scorpion
01-26-2016, 04:55 PM
You've probably not had anyone giving infraction for play against rules because we simply haven't had the moderators. We've been actively recruiting with the aim of cleaning up play on server.

Please abide by the rules.
Best Instagib server available to me. I respect the rules established on the server. I shall continue to work on cleaning up my play, hopefully stay out of from Nordog's radar range, and continue to help my team win.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap! I meant "do NOT sit on one side..."

soma
01-26-2016, 10:36 PM
you don't like smiles? meh , It didn't mean anything

ahh I love those boobs ScReaM ! :)

|uK|ScReaM
01-27-2016, 08:17 AM
deffending are when you deffend your base not moving outside in middle then its called DM . be in base but not camp in corner thats how you deffence .

Zoko
01-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Look,maps like woot and bolt are short open maps,even staying in your base "defending" is actually pretty lame,just imagine someone like unrealshots staying behind the box in woot and "defending" his flag.Do you think that would be fun for the opposite team?Ill give u an advice,try playing everything,freelance....in a perfect scenario u can do everything for your team,rush forward and grab/support/cover than follow your fc to your base where u can kill the enemy flag carrier,cover your fc, your team caps and you do that all over again.If you really like defending that much i suggest you do it on maps where defending is actually fun and of use.Even tho those maps never get voted :idk

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
01-27-2016, 12:20 PM
on woot, every player you kill on their way over to your base gets respawned back in the base, that is not helping your team, it as actually making it much harder to grab the flag and run, you have just respawned the entire team in his face.

It isn't complex to understand. If you can visually see mid and/or the enemy flag, then you are DM'ing and camping.

Your choice is turn into a flag grabber or face ejection. It doesn't matter how long you have played. Rules change in everything over time, this is no different.

Ze3k
03-01-2016, 06:55 AM
I thought i was the only one noticing that Nordog is not only a sore loser but he practices the exact same things he supposedly bans people for, I've been banned again for no reason, oh wait, I know why it was, I was kicking your ass again right?!?!, I would kindly ask the Admins to take a look at this situation and consider removing Nordog's privileges as a moderator, as it seems he's systematically abusing the ban system to his own pleasure...

|uK|Nordog
03-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Kicking my ass? you ran circles on middle, not progressing a bit towards flag. What am i exactly doing? Going right to flag? is that a bad thing? When you are running after me , trying to kill me i have to turn around and shoot you. I have a demo i can upload, and you know god damn well, that standing on middle, not progressing towards flag is not allowed.
The only times that is allowed , is when you cover your flagcarrier, but not when no flag is taken. you did not own me, but i decided if thats how you was gonna play that map, i will give you a maps break. Sorry bud, but you know exactly what you did,.

Ze3k
03-01-2016, 07:09 AM
dude it's not even the 1st time you do this, i'm progressing towards your base, my teammate steals your flag i give cover, thats what its called COVER, I play this game ever since it came out, never been banned anywhere before, both times i'm banned it's by you, 1st time i conceded you said I was chasing, but on a map like frag-whores i'm facing you, and you're facing me while i'm covering my teammate and you say i'm running in circles? go learn how to play...I take huge beatings you don't n see me crying!!

|uK|Nordog
03-01-2016, 07:11 AM
You have a hard time understanding this i see. You had 0 grabs, was always standing at the same place, jumping around dming, not trying to take flag, no flag to cover, no nothing. I gave you 1 map ban for that. Why? Cause i know you play normal, and if you cant be bothered to play normal on a map simply type !s. Do not stand and do nothing, or just dodge sideways dming. Seriously. Its in the rules.

Ze3k
03-01-2016, 07:13 AM
keep using silly excuses to justify your wrongdoings, I've also played with seabass, he's also a moderator, never had a problem, case closed.

|uK|Nordog
03-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Ban is over now. I just decided to remove you from a map where you had no intentions to play ctf. I do not care how good / bad a player is , the rules are equal to all. Hiding around a pole is not legal. Be happy its just 1 map ban , cause i know you are a nice player usually. But that does not imply you can sabotage or ruin the game for the rest.

SAM
03-01-2016, 10:54 AM
Ze3k

Make your own thread next time and evidence your claims.