PDA

View Full Version : My Review for UT4

|uK|Tomahawk
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Well from what ive played of it so far (ive had it for 1 day and played a good 8-10 hours of it already) I am greatly enjoying it. Weapons are much like our ut99 ones with some better tweaking to some imo. You can wall run which is pretty cool and im starting to get the hang of it, and combo it with some weapons :D(also to use jump boots you double jump and you can do so many tricks with them, they are pretty op and much better imo). Only weapon I really don't like on it right now is the shock rifle it just seems really slow and sluggish compared to the UT99 one.

Not to many people are playing it right now since its still in pre alpha, but once the ball starts rolling I can see this game getting pretty popular. Why? Because its a mix of everything that has made ALL the Uts great. Although I haven't seen any vehicles in it yet, which would be awesome if they could introduce a gametype with vehicles in the future.

Also I did have lag in the beginning and it does happen from time to time just hopefully have everything set to low, and decrease your screen performance, it may be a bit blurry but it could help.

For only being in pre alpha im surpsied that ive enjoyed it as I have, and im sure that once it gets out, it will be much better.

Higor
02-16-2016, 07:37 PM
You're really trying to convince me to download it aren't ya?
As soon as someone confirms that UE4 does build in Visual Studio 2015, I might start doing something with it.

(NO, NOPE, NOT GONNA USE BLUEPRINTS, I'LL GO STRAIGHT TO C++)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-16-2016, 08:07 PM
NOT GONNA USE BLUEPRINTS, I'LL GO STRAIGHT TO C++)

Trying to find tutorials last year for doing c++ projects last year... all it kept coming up with was blueprints. Found some in the end.

I'm pretty sure I was using visual studio 2015 community.

|uK|Tomahawk
02-16-2016, 08:44 PM
You're really trying to convince me to download it aren't ya?

You know you want to :D you may be thoroughly surprised like I was.

Higor
02-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Well, I gotta admit that a carbon copy of SiegeIV_0023 on UT4 would easily bring 1000 players on the first month.
But, since I'm gonna use c++, engine upgrades may screw everything up but it's worth a shot.

SAM
02-17-2016, 10:53 AM
carbon copy of SiegeIV_0023 on UT4 would easily bring 1000 players on the first month

I don't think it's wise though...the builds are constantly changing. You'll have to rebuild per release.

We would also need to port all the current maps. Mappers, be ready.

Chamberly
02-17-2016, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's wise though...the builds are constantly changing. You'll have to rebuild per release.

We would also need to port all the current maps. Mappers, be ready.

This. Has anyone been having any problem with a specific map according new releases and such?

I also remembered the server doesn't have a send-file/download? I remember 1 clan that is using a custom file had their players downloading the file manually and installing it themselves.

Higor
02-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Know what's gonna be hilarious?

OutworldHold is gonna be the easiest map to port, 90% of the brushwork is actually terrain and the water zone will only require a 'zone cube', so damn easy.
The portals? I'll use a mesh primitive shaped like a circle and process a teleport on touch.
The boundaries? Invisible collision primitives (hey, XC_Engine implements those).

You'll have to rebuild per release.
Now this is interesting, I wonder if there's a way to make official upgrades to mods without changing the package name.

|uK|Tomahawk
02-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Know what's gonna be hilarious? OutworldHold is gonna be the easiest map to port.

So much yes Ive always liked that map despite it being so tactical(lots of siege players don't like tactical maps go fucking figure <.< damn shitters.) :D. And ya like sam said if you really were gonna work on siege for ut4 you should prob wait a bit for it to get more stable(maybe outta beta, idk?)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
02-17-2016, 12:44 PM
Making UT99 maps for UT4 are easy to do, it took me less than an hour to make CTF-Leviathan brush work with no experience with the editor, I really suck at texturing maps for ut4 :(

I stopped doing it because my editor would freeze for minutes at a time and I lost interest, havent tried it since I moved everything to an SSD, just reinstalling UT4 + the editor as I make this post.

jay2
02-17-2016, 03:39 PM
I've enjoyed playing it so far.

As soon as someone confirms that UE4 does build in Visual Studio 2015)

It does.

Official channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicUnrealTournament

TimTim
02-18-2016, 02:49 PM
Higor if you or someone creates Siege for UT4, please make it the same gamespeed as every other gametype. The increased speed in UT99's Siege is why I've never bothered to play/learn it. It feels silly to me to go back and forth between different game speeds. That is of course just my personal opinion. ;)

SAM
02-18-2016, 03:10 PM
@Higor if you or someone creates Siege for UT4, please make it the same gamespeed as every other gametype. The increased speed in UT99's Siege is why I've never bothered to play/learn it. It feels silly to me to go back and forth between different game speeds. That is of course just my personal opinion.

Everyone always liked the gamespeed....you really should try to learn siege man. It's really an amazing gametype. But, in UT4, I shall endeavour to keep it close to 100%

soma
02-19-2016, 10:10 AM
to be honest I don't like this version of ut, I think I liked ut 2004 better plus my geforce gtx550ti won't handle certain maps, most of those that i played were ok, but on one , can't remember the name I had like 25fps, I'm not buying a new graphic card for this.