PDA

View Full Version : Switching selections with the constructor

Krikor
03-23-2016, 01:02 PM
So im playing a bit of siege these days and there's this problem when i select the constructor and start switching between the selections it will always skip one of them as if i was double clicking which im not. It only happens with the first ones, like it goes from remove to supplier or repair to fortification and its really annoying, after doing the whole cycle to test it it doesnt happen anymore, if i switch weapons and go back to the constructor it does the same thing again, jumps one selection and after that its fine. At first I thought it was my mouse but its not, maybe this is only happening to me but its really annoying specially if u r the only one with 300 ru at the beggining and your constructor keeps jumping the supplier option

|uK|Tomahawk
03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Its been like that for the past few months, its happening to everybody.

Higor is aware of it but no fix has happened as of yet.

Krikor
03-23-2016, 01:11 PM
well shit

Higor
03-23-2016, 01:46 PM
0023 is out on dev servers... and has a couple of naaaaaaasty bugs.
Give it a couple more days.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-23-2016, 05:04 PM
So dev and public have bad bugs?.....yet no roll back to a version with minimal bugs that everyone was content with?....Makes sense.

This makes me want to set up another server, just so people can at least choose to stick with the buggy version or play on a stable version temporarily.

said it again and said it before. It is wrong to force players to use a buggy siege, it should be rolled back. But that would involve Higor caring about the players, but he is dead inside and has no emotions, so that isn't likely. :smile:

|uK|fleecey
03-23-2016, 05:16 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110014']So dev and public have bad bugs?.....yet no roll back to a version with minimal bugs that everyone was content with?....Makes sense.

This makes me want to set up another server, just so people can at least choose to stick with the buggy version or play on a stable version temporarily.

said it again and said it before. It is wrong to force players to use a buggy siege, it should be rolled back. But that would involve Higor caring about the players, but he is dead inside and has no emotions, so that isn't likely. :smile:

blame SAM for not adding back a version that doesnt skip in constructor, people going crazy with removing when they want to rep.. its very annoying

Higor
03-23-2016, 07:42 PM
One of the reasons there hasn't been a roll back is an exploit that can make the server's player count go negative, as well as preventing enemy players from respawning.
Courtesy of our bugfinder duo that actually gives a shit and tests stuff on Dev.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW biggest upcoming gameplay changes:
- Antigravity platform effect sticks for Level*0.3 after player leaves the effect area.
** Dodging, hitting Super Booster, launching a teammate grant extra range.

- Protectors now poll each team every 4 cycles (0.4 s) and buffer each target.
** Buffer Enemy team 1
** Buffer Enemy team 2
** Buffer Enemy team 3
** Buffer monsters.
*** Protector will fire at all buffered targets at the same time. (4way, Monster Madness stuff)
*** This changes the protector's reaction time from 0.1s to (0.1-0.4) second.

- RU no longer gets clamped to Max if you already had it.
** Removing Containers won't harm a team as badly.

SAM
03-23-2016, 08:02 PM
blame @SAM (http://www.unrealkillers.com/member.php?u=1) for not adding back a version that doesnt skip in constructor, people going crazy with removing when they want to rep.. its very annoying

One of the reasons there hasn't been a roll back is an exploit that can make the server's player count go negative, as well as preventing enemy players from respawning.

Please. Not being able to spawn is less playable.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Courtesy of our bugfinder duo that actually gives a shit and tests stuff on Dev.

Oh Please.....:rolleyes: what a pathetic attempt to justify this problem.

That is a bug I never experienced, is there a complaints post on here about those bugs? I assume there would be if that problem was somehow worse than the bug that causes a remove fest and raging. This switch and skip problem happens constant, not every now and the with some players.

A couple players playing on a server with a new version is hardly giving a shit, all mods have a few players to test a mod and is closed off. The players you SHOULD be giving a shit about, are the players who is keeping siege active. Not Chamberly who has her head up your ass as well as developing a comical superiority complex. That is not giving a shit about the everyday players. As I said, you are dead inside and you don't give a fuck about the players, you build siege how you want it.

You will NEVER get a good result using a Dev siege server, it is totally the wrong environment and the server setups will be different, You cannot possibly get accurate results from that. I mentioned that a while ago, then Chamberly got all butt hurt and decided to constantly PM me like I had destroyed her world.

The players make your mod Higor, without the players, you are developing for no one. You don't seem to grasp that concept.

Please. Not being able to spawn is less playable.

Sorry Sam, but I respectfully disagree. You cannot warrant a constant problem that happens every single time you respawn, literally, every single time. If this spawn bug was that big a problem, the forum would have complaints like this skip bug. Sorry mate, but you cannot say a constant infuriating bug is better than one that happened now and then, even though I never experienced it.

That being said, you could easily roll it back further to a stable version as a temporary solution rather than allowing everyone to experience a serious and constant skip bug. This isn't a small issue Sam, it is incredibly important and is fucking up some players builds constantly. I do not get how this problem is ok to leave on the server.

Finally I want to mention about the new release contents, Wouldn't it be a better idea to fix the bugs and THEN make changes. This seems like sludge code layered on more sludge. Start giving a shit about the players and less about more additions to the mod. Once a player has got used to a new release, you release another version to fuck it all up again. It feels never ending.

Sorry, I am raw and have very strong opinions and I am not afraid to say them, regardless of who it is.

Players 1st, Mod dev 2nd.

Krikor
03-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Well tbh, I really dont expect anything from main admins oe developers or whatever you guys call it these days cultural support and that. I mean the minigun shit has been a thing for like over 3 years now? And it hasnt been fixed for shit because we have no control over it, so I really gave up with helping siege being more enjoyable. I still have fun playing but doesnt change the fact that still pisses me off having 4 people chasing me with minigun instakilling me

Cella_V2
03-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Well tbh, I really dont expect anything from main admins oe developers or whatever you guys call it these days cultural support and that. I mean the minigun shit has been a thing for like over 3 years now? And it hasnt been fixed for shit because we have no control over it, so I really gave up with helping siege being more enjoyable. I still have fun playing but doesnt change the fact that still pisses me off having 4 people chasing me with minigun instakilling me

oo baby tohrakawin you totally read my mind, I lov you.

|uK|kenneth
03-24-2016, 02:14 PM
don't want to be rude or anything sam, higor but "why was the minigun fixed on pug server but not on public server?"

|uK|fleecey
03-24-2016, 04:47 PM
don't want to be rude or anything sam, higor but "why was the minigun fixed on pug server but not on public server?"

I think chis fixed it on pug server

Higor
03-24-2016, 04:53 PM
Define 'minigun fix'

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Define 'minigun fix'

Everything said and that is all you respond with....... Fucking robot.

You know about all the issues about siege versions, you just ignore them all because you don't give a fuck about the players or what they report. Especially as you know how to get the max experience as you are the dev. You were caught once by me for exploiting siege bugs, wouldn't shock me if you still are doing it. The door for exploits is wide open for you so you don't need to care about bugs. Your word you are not exploiting doesn't mean shit.

This isn't just me yelling what you should do. It is down to 6+ years developing rocket-x experience for a once huge community much bigger than Siege. Listen to the players or one day a situation will arise that gives players a place to play siege where bugs don't exist that seriously screw the experience up for them.

Your ignorance is astounding, You really could not give a damn about anyone but yourself and you are so aloof when people report a problem.

You remind me of LORT from WINGS clan, he was just like you but he went from top clan with all the traffic to the collapse of the clan and the servers because he was arrogant and only did what he cared about, just like you he was a first class cunt.

|uK|fleecey
03-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Define 'minigun fix'

its op, it been polls to get this fixed as well as.. but nothing...

Higor
03-24-2016, 06:56 PM
TIW fire rates is as far as I go.

SAM
03-24-2016, 08:00 PM
I think they are asking for the minigun to have the same fire rate and damage of the stock. If that is the case already, maybe make it less powerful now that it has hitscan on it.

Higor
03-24-2016, 08:10 PM
LCWeapons is in need of extensive reviews and fixes.
There is also yet another LC bug I forgot to list: ASMD Pulse (LC) damage goes through rubber suit.

I was so damn happy with one of those suits and charged towards a Pulse thinking i'd be immortal... got rekt in 1 second.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-25-2016, 12:27 AM
I think they are asking for the minigun to have the same fire rate and damage of the stock. If that is the case already, maybe make it less powerful now that it has hitscan on it.

Right now it is a HyperSniper, if you are close enough it will shred you like paper and there is no escape as it pins you from dodging. Cut the firing rate in half or make the accuracy lower....anything so it isn't a severely overpowered rapid fire ZP sniper rifle.

It is still very, very sad it has taken so long for this to actually be taken seriously..... I won't hold my breath with this being changed though, I will have to see it to believe it. I have zero faith that siege is being developed for the players, instead it is just a sandbox for Higor to play in on Sam's property.

LCWeapons is in need of extensive reviews and fixes.
There is also yet another LC bug I forgot to list: ASMD Pulse (LC) damage goes through rubber suit.

I was so damn happy with one of those suits and charged towards a Pulse thinking i'd be immortal... got rekt in 1 second.

Is there anything you have built that isn't buggy as hell and needs constant fixing? smh
Also what the fuck has that got to do with the questions being put forward here????? Yet again you dodged a question or request and came out with some random shit. Do you suffer from severe ADHD?

paul
03-25-2016, 06:14 AM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110076']Is there anything you have built that isn't buggy as hell and needs constant fixing? smh
Also what the fuck has that got to do with the questions being put forward here????? Yet again you dodged a question or request and came out with some random shit. Do you suffer from severe ADHD?
lol

|uK|Tomahawk
03-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Higor I have the utmost respect for you dude, you are continuing to work on a mod for a ever slowly dieing game.

But your lone wolf way of thinking on developing siege isn't how this community should be, going forward.

What fluke said is right though. I have played numerous UT99 servers over the years, the ones that are still here, or the ones that has lasted involved the community alongside the development. Just about all the other servers are dead. There was even a time where I talked to Wildcard on what he was doing for siege, and he listened somewhat. (Even SK infamous botter,cheater whatever, listened to the community and took our suggestions to heart from time to time when he developed siege.)

Sure some people around heres attitude have been utterly despicable at best towards you, but hey you have showed somewhat a unwilliningness to work with some people, so I cant really blame them for that.

Siege has always thrived when the community and siege developers work together! I have been here a long ass time so I may know a thing or to about this subject.

I simply do not want to see the siege community die.( It has almost gotten to that point, but has since been revived, not as best as it used to be, but its pretty close :D)

Higor you are a good dev, you really are, but if numerous people are complaining about something, you should take the time and listen, and atleast CONSIDER what the rest of us are saying.

Higor
03-25-2016, 01:33 PM
There will be changes on LCWeapons when the time is due.
Right now I have to get Siege to a playable state, and I have to say sorry for not being able to fulfill the deadline of releasing the fix today, I had forgotten it's Good Friday today.

PD: I copypasted the ASMD pulse rifle code into LC before adapting... it's likely that original ASMD also has the bug (I have to take a look at this too).

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-25-2016, 06:53 PM
There will be changes on LCWeapons when the time is due.
Right now I have to get Siege to a playable state, and I have to say sorry for not being able to fulfill the deadline of releasing the fix today, I had forgotten it's Good Friday today.

PD: I copypasted the ASMD pulse rifle code into LC before adapting... it's likely that original ASMD also has the bug (I have to take a look at this too).

http://www.numismaddicts.co.uk/DL/wtfchan.jpg

Seriously...do you sniff glue? You keep coming out with random shit as if you believe it is a good response?

I have some respect for you as a dev, but I have absolute zero respect for you as a human.....you fucking robot.
Here is a hint, Return siege to a version that didn't fuck up everyone's gaming experience and THEN you can get it to a playable state out of the public area, which at the moment you treat all players like bots and the public server as a dormant testing area.

SAM You also need to realise what this is doing to the siege players, it is slowly getting to a point where players don't bother any more due to the volume of how many times a new siege version is released. Seriously man, ask the players if they like constant changes or a stable release and maybe a new update after a few months. You can't come back with "it is improving siege development" because it is doing the exact opposite.....listen to the people who have said it already here and then add those who do not frequent the forums. There are many games out there now that can easily entice away the current regulars to the point all you will have left is trolls.
I have often left a game because of siege bugs, it is ridiculous how many there are. It has been made far too complex to the point that there is no way Higor will ever fix them all. as he makes one fix, 2 more replace it.

Return the server version to before the new constructor, that is the last one I remember with minimal bugs. There isn't one person apart from kiss ass chamberly and our senior citizen severed that like the changes made over and over.

Higor is assfucking siege, not improving it from my view point. unnecessary and unwanted changes.

To state I know all this as fact is an understatement, With RX I had additions like FC carrier radar, jet missiles, 8 shot cannons....high power bombs.....etc. Players voiced they did not really like them and it had changed the gameplay. I IMMEDIATELY reverted back to the version they did like and continued to work on the next release excluding those addons. I listened to the players who use the mod, I never ignored them.

You mould the mod around the players, not the other way around. Why does it always have to fall on deaf selfish ears?

Skarn
03-26-2016, 05:28 AM
Don't make a rollback, that will bring back the old bugs that were fixed in the newer versions (ergo post 0019). Replacing 1 bug with 10 bugs isn't a good idea. Just give Higor some time and 0024 will be ready for public.

][X][~FLuKE~][X][
03-26-2016, 08:57 AM
one bug? So what you are saying is everyone who is very unhappy with several of the last new releases, which has been buggy as hell are somehow wrong? yet the version before the new constructor and detail RU system which next to no one complained about is somehow worse? Roll it back, fix the bugs in that version and nothing else, upload to server and THEN continue with the current build and make sure every bug is nailed. If not, then simply roll it back. This leaves Higor with plenty of time to fix bugs WITHOUT the players having to endure the bugs while he takes his sweet ass time to upload another buggy fix. Instead he thinks it is acceptable to blank the players and do what he wants. If the majority are really unhappy, then you need to remove it, it isn't hard to comprehend that. Higor prefers to let them suffer as he is dead inside, he cares about himself and nothing else. Thinking about it now, I don't think it is ADHD, seems more like autism. One track way of thinking.

Every change the majority of players has asked or put forward has been totally blanked. Skarn, you say wait for the next version for things to be "Fixed". That is a bit of a naive call isn't it? time after time players have reported more bugs and problems, yet they are stonewalled when Higor is told about them and drags his heels badly if he does get around to fixing it.

People simply do not want the changes or the new updates with yet another problem. One of the biggest problems is he is building siege how he wants it with no outside influence, polls, requests are blanked. That is a huge problem and why players are getting upset with him. Any developer that does not get input from the community will never be successful, siege will die in the next few years and all these changes will simply ruin the final years of siege. That would be a disappointment, all because the developer failed to work with the community.

1. Stable siege version with bug fixes
2. develop and work on a future release
3. listen to majority players polls and add what they voted on
4. New releases that present problems should be rolled back within 1 week to the previous version people were happy with.
5. Saves players from disliking Higor because he is a selfish, thoughtless cunt.

Like I said, Higor simply uses the server like his own personal sandbox with players being his "Bots"
People stating Sam is the reason it hasn't been rolled back is a load of bollocks, if Higor states it is buggy and to roll back until he fixes it then it will happen. The only reason I can think of why he wont do it is down to having to recompile the mod because of the version name or there will be file mismatch. I have seen devs who have done it out of laziness and they did not last very long before they pissed the community off to the point they all laid into him.

People are scared to offend and wont speak out due to fear it will make Higor quit developing. I do not give a tiny rats ass if I offend him, he is a self centred cunt. :)

Shiro
03-26-2016, 12:00 PM
[X][~FLuKE~][X][;110125]5. Saves players from disliking Higor because he is a selfish, thoughtless cunt.

lol 2late.