PDA

View Full Version : What happened to NW

Ramsees
03-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Just wondering what happened to the NW option on the server. its blocked out. there was usually a nice mix of combo and nw games voted on. i see that there is a server dedicated to nw but i cant see many finding it if they dont check in here at the forums. it's nice to have a mix of combo and nw on the same server. theres only so many players to go around these days and I feel that without the nw option, NW ctf will be dead as this is the only real server out there. hope that makes sense.

darkshaihulud
03-31-2016, 10:58 PM
I think this is a very positive development. I hope, now, that we'll see the return of a lot of the old server regulars who've been absent in recent times since the reintroduction the dual-mode gametypes - though it could take a while for the good news to filter out and people to become aware of the change.

With "Server Affiliates" set up in the UK server Nexgen configuration, an entry for the dedicated Normal Weapons server will automatically have been entered into the Favorites list of every visiting player. So those who want to go and play Normal Weapons shouldn't have any trouble in finding it. I trust that those concerned will now do their part and repay this generous gesture by making full use of it.

I look forward to an era of unfettered Combogibbing without the frustration of interrupted play by alternative game types. Now, finally, I have a clearly partitioned choice. On those occasions when I fancy a spell in Normal Weapons land, I'll seek out a server set-up specifically with that mode in mind. But in the meantime, we have a Combogib server that functions exclusively as a Combogib server. As it should be. And thank goodness for that.

kdawg232
04-01-2016, 06:57 AM
Just wondering what happened to the NW option on the server. its blocked out. there was usually a nice mix of combo and nw games voted on. i see that there is a server dedicated to nw but i cant see many finding it if they dont check in here at the forums. it's nice to have a mix of combo and nw on the same server. theres only so many players to go around these days and I feel that without the nw option, NW ctf will be dead as this is the only real server out there. hope that makes sense.

There's a grapple server out there that has NW and at times has some good games. This server was better but unfortunately UK seems adamant in destroying their popularity by changing things back & forth all the time. This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW. Sad thing is...I think they did this all because of Chinpo. Most people enjoyed the combination of both styles. Hence why both were voted evenly it seemed like. Now without NW, I play on this server 1/10th of the time I did before. Part of the reason is in Combo, it's ALWAYS the same 3 maps. Fragwhores, Picture Perfect & Denise. Boring.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-01-2016, 08:00 AM
This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW

I would think the servers being attacked all the time has something to do with it, it's the same reason the uk insta server is more popular than then us insta server atm, even though the us server is better and has always been. Been seeing more and more of the combo players who have no idea how to play ctf, or the selfish dicks who ruin games by warping the whole time in the insta servers lately.

|uK|fleecey
04-01-2016, 08:23 AM
We should put when server is full u can get option to join other uk servers, then people might see it

SAM
04-01-2016, 09:00 AM
There's a grapple server out there that has NW and at times has some good games. This server was better but unfortunately UK seems adamant in destroying their popularity by changing things back & forth all the time. This server used to be a top 5 populated server and now with everything that's gone on between removing NW, changing the vote weight, etc...they've dropped to almost 18th since removing NW. Sad thing is...I think they did this all because of Chinpo. Most people enjoyed the combination of both styles. Hence why both were voted evenly it seemed like. Now without NW, I play on this server 1/10th of the time I did before. Part of the reason is in Combo, it's ALWAYS the same 3 maps. Fragwhores, Picture Perfect & Denise. Boring.

This doesn't make sense. I took NW off earlier this week. The server dropping in rank has nothing to do with it? The fact of the matter is, the player base is decreasing. Having said that, the "other" grapple server, is full of fake bot players. There's a reason why nexgen doesn't open in that server. That's to stop people finding out that these are bots and the "Players" can't be PM'd.

I've been a great advocate of keeping the two together. It helped populate the server with players hoping to play the gametypes. But, as I mention above. The playerbase is dwindling. Don't let the fake player servers with 18 players in them 24/7 fool you in thinking otherwise. People get frustrated at servers being constantly attacked, by those who for some reason hold vendetta. These people don't realise that in the end, they are only hurting their chances of playing. I hope they enjoy playing with bots that have pings, whilst we move on to newer games :)

jay666
04-01-2016, 12:30 PM
NW and COMBOINSTAGIB must be in the same server. It worked for years now. Why would u change something that worked and that still work. that is the worse idea ever and it will give another hax stroke in UT's legs. and all this because of 2 or 3 unsatisfied players.

Fnx
04-01-2016, 01:15 PM
I took NW off earlier this week
why?
like jay said it worked fine these years
put nw again sam :):):)

UNrealshots
04-01-2016, 02:07 PM
nothing like wanting to play combo then the swarm of south americans wanting to play weaps to chase everyone around snooze....

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-01-2016, 02:11 PM
nothing like wanting to play combo then the swarm of south americans wanting to play weaps to chase everyone around snooze....

Finally someone else said it!

uranus
04-01-2016, 02:24 PM
wt actual f??

SAM
04-01-2016, 04:17 PM
It would be good if everyone voiced their opinions. At the moment I am just guessing. I really don't understand these players. Such a simple concept.

Jst2blond
04-02-2016, 05:30 AM
It would be good if everyone voiced their opinions. At the moment I am just guessing. I really don't understand these players. Such a simple concept.

Past months, i have only played few hours here and there. Of i have notice that we have lack of players on server but i have also noticed that we have less complaints with combo and nw mods separated. To keep server populated, we need more maps, even if some of them are andaction lookalike. All said " Noooo, not andaction!" But finally, this map is the most played and i am not ashamed to say that i enjoy and like it.

kdawg232
04-02-2016, 07:36 AM
I've been a great advocate of keeping the two together. It helped populate the server with players hoping to play the gametypes. But, as I mention above. The playerbase is dwindling. Don't let the fake player servers with 18 players in them 24/7 fool you in thinking otherwise. People get frustrated at servers being constantly attacked, by those who for some reason hold vendetta. These people don't realise that in the end, they are only hurting their chances of playing. I hope they enjoy playing with bots that have pings, whilst we move on to newer games :)

Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea showing that the server has "players" in it. It may attract more people to join. And when they join, the bots they have on the servers aren't godlike bots like you currently have on the NW server. That way someone can play by themselves while they wait for others to join. The problem with both the Combo & NW server is that they show 0 players so often that the games never get started. HOWEVER, they start filling up quickly when there's 5 or 6 people playing so there must be random people out there just waiting to play but don't because the servers show 0 so often (at least when I play).

- - - Updated - - -

I think the fact that NW would get voted so often (even with a .7 vote), proves it was just as popular, if not more popular than Combo.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-02-2016, 08:26 AM
I think the fact that NW would get voted so often (even with a .7 vote), proves it was just as popular, if not more popular than Combo.

Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need. I bet weapons get voted because the weapons players are desperate to play a game so they vote faster, where as the combo players are quite lazy and don't vote quite often.

SAM
04-02-2016, 09:45 AM
What's obvious is, there are more combo players than NW players. When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW, who all leave the next map. Therefore, it's more prudent to split these gametypes.

If you want a populated NW server, then put some work in, populate it and play there. People will join. No one joins if no one joins.

kdawg232
04-02-2016, 10:10 AM
What's obvious is, there are more combo players than NW players. When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW, who all leave the next map. Therefore, it's more prudent to split these gametypes.

If you want a populated NW server, then put some work in, populate it and play there. People will join. No one joins if no one joins.

That's your opinion like I have mine. I have seen the opposite. Usually when combo is voted, people leave. But maybe I play at a time where NW players come out of the wood work.

I offered you a suggestion on how to improve the popularity in both NW and combo and then you say, put some work into it. Like realistically, I'm going to be able to do anything. The "other" servers once again have humans playing in it this morning but combo & nw have nothing. I do not think it's a bad idea to have bots or "fake" the people in the server so more people are apt to join.

Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need. I bet weapons get voted because the weapons players are desperate to play a game so they vote faster, where as the combo players are quite lazy and don't vote quite often.

Now we're analyzing the psychology of a combo player vs. nw? lol :)

SAM
04-02-2016, 10:35 AM
The "other" servers once again have humans playing

They are bots. That's why you are not allowed to open nexgen. But it may attract some players. Who knows.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-02-2016, 10:48 AM
There is nothing more fun than playing bots with ping.

uranus
04-03-2016, 04:15 AM
Every time the servers were separated, the combo server had players, the nw server failed, that's all the proof you need.
This experiment is flawed. Try leaving the combo server the way it was at the same IP address with NW and COMBO and move the "COMBO ONLY" server to a new ip. This would get closer to an application of the scientific method.

I've seen lots of old ye olde schoole players come around this past year looking for and happily playing NW while also filling slots on COMBO games.

Chinpo has his glorious COMBO only server running. I wonder how many players visit that...? Maybe ChinpoCombo is gaining some traction and this is a move to compete...?

When NW is voted, all the combo players leave and you are left with 4 people playing NW
In my experience this is the exception rather than the rule. Most of the time (again in my experience) the server stays full or even fills up when NW is running, which is a small percentage of the total server usage.

Normal Weapons games end after 7 caps so the games are quite often much shorter than COMBO games which always run the full game time. A Normal Weapons run usually only lasts as long as it takes to go through the 4-5 popular maps. Once the most popular maps are played and can't be voted anymore, someone might vote a less popular map and that's when many people leave.

Still, I think it's fairly obvious that NW players are less active when you consider that a small percentage of the total games played on the server are NW. It seems to me that most of us who like playing NW also like to play COMBO but many of us wouldn't bother playing COMBO if there was no possibility that we might get a NW game going at some point.

kdawg232
04-03-2016, 07:48 AM
They are bots. That's why you are not allowed to open nexgen. But it may attract some players. Who knows.

Since nobody plays on NW server ever....why not try it out there? What's to lose? 0 players? lol. Showcasing 8 people playing on it, may start some popularity. Can't get any worse. Orrrrr...you just combine the 2 servers again:bjerk

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Another server no one wants to play on with fake players, just what the server browser needs.

Guide to finishing UT off:

- New player gets UT,
- Looks in server browser,
- Looks like there are a lot of players playing the game,
- Goes into 1 server, fake players,
- Goes into another server, fake players,
- Goes into yet another server, fake players,
- Player then uninstalls UT,
- Player says, don't get that game there is no real players playing.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55705dabe4b056e3580c9a32/56557524e4b05e0c71a3a8f8/5655762ee4b0c668da42f04a/1448441401812/Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh.jpg

All because people are lazy.

kdawg232
04-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Another server no one wants to play on with fake players, just what the server browser needs.

Guide to finishing UT off:

- New player gets UT,
- Looks in server browser,
- Looks like there are a lot of players playing the game,
- Goes into 1 server, fake players,
- Goes into another server, fake players,
- Goes into yet another server, fake players,
- Player then uninstalls UT,
- Player says, don't get that game there is no real players playing.

All because people are lazy.

BUT YET....that server just now, had 11 HUMAN players in it. I was just in it. Combo has 0. Why? Because people like populated servers. It's not a hard concept. What's even crazier? That server SUCKS compared to UKs. But yet, it's combo throughout the day is more popular. Smh.

You know what else kills UT? People who can't adapt to change or take suggestions.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Adapt to an empty server.

Yeah that server looks like lots of fun, out of the 6 players there one was a bot with ping, 1 player grapple camping, another 2 players hiding, looks like most of them are banned players from the |uk| servers

Just noticed this in my server favourites, with a load of other crap SAM I guess that isn't your server?:
http://i.imgur.com/ZVOkDPW.png

Higor
04-03-2016, 01:27 PM
I call it unmoderated environments.
Many players can't be arsed with following rules or a certain playstyle.

It's one of the reasons I address playstyle quirks in code, while at the same time making some rules no longer needed.
The High Speed CTF-Face was the best unmoderated server back then, but a lack of good ban system to keep cheaters out and lack of some sort of lag compensation slowly killed it... the redeemer change may have had something to do as well, IMO that was gay as hell, don't you think jay666?

kdawg232
04-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Adapt to an empty server.

Yeah that server looks like lots of fun, out of the 6 players there one was a bot with ping, 1 player grapple camping, another 2 players hiding, looks like most of them are banned players from the |uk| servers

That's not the server I'm referencing. I'll get you the IP later tonight.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-04-2016, 07:44 AM
That's not the server I'm referencing. I'll get you the IP later tonight.

Ok thanks.

Is it a reg server, I miss playing reg combo :(

Ramsees
04-04-2016, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=uranus;110465]This experiment is flawed. Try leaving the combo server the way it was at the same IP address with NW and COMBO and move the "COMBO ONLY" server to a new ip. This would get closer to an application of the scientific method.

I've seen lots of old ye olde schoole players come around this past year looking for and happily playing NW while also filling slots on COMBO games.

I cant agree more with this statement. I guess you can do whatever you want with your servers, it's just a shame that this is really the last server that had decent weapons CTF. I will frequent FullMetalJacket for weapons but that's a DM server. still like DM but CTF is a bit more fun!

I dont mind the mix of combo and weapons, but after a while combo only gets a bit old. again you are welcome to do what you want with your servers. i jsut know that me along with others will miss NW-CTF and i am sure that will make me frequent the server less often.

SAM
04-04-2016, 06:50 PM
There is a server dedicated to NWCTF now.

The experiment isn't flawed. Everyone who visits combo, should now have a fav entry for the NWCTF server. All you guys have to do is look at your favourites and join the server?

I don't quite understand how this is a flawed concept.

uranus
04-04-2016, 07:42 PM
I don't quite understand how this is a flawed concept.
If you're talking to me, I was referring to the conclusions from the assumed experiment of moving servers in the past. There are too many variables unaccounted for in the trials.

Aside from that supposed experiment, I see these as some points worth considering:

NW votes are weighted lower than COMBO
NW games end at 7 caps
NW maps are allowed replays less frequently
NW players (mostly and usually) happily play COMBO also

Yet NW still gets played fairly often. I'd bet there are at least a few COMBO players who actually enjoy (re)learning another game type.

I'm just saying, why not keep COMBO in the classic proven configuration at the same IP address and give the hard core combo players their own COMBO only server at the new IP?

SAM
04-05-2016, 03:08 AM
I'm just saying, why not keep COMBO in the classic proven configuration at the same IP address and give the hard core combo players their own COMBO only server at the new IP?
That would just serve to split the players and dwindle the numbers further though? You'll have four on combo+NW server and 2 on combo???

uranus
04-05-2016, 03:41 PM
That would just serve to split the players and dwindle the numbers further though? You'll have four on combo+NW server and 2 on combo???

Exactly...

jay666
04-06-2016, 09:32 AM

Exactly...

lol the guy said it by himself..Uranus is right, keep the original server and make a new combo only server imo, that will be the real test.

and personally, when i enter a server and i realise that the ''humans'' are bots, i get frustrated, quit the server, and remove it from favorites. i hate fake strategies...

SAM
04-06-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't see how this makes sense. Whatsoever. Why would I create two combo servers when there is not demand even for one?

There is a separate NW server. Those of you who want to play NW, just join it. Everyone who plays on combo will now have a fav of the NW.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-06-2016, 11:35 AM
I don't see how this makes sense. Whatsoever. Why would I create two combo servers when there is not demand even for one?

What about this Euro server that appears to be an exact copy of the combo server?
If someone has copied the combo server, they have done a good job of it, unless they ripped it from the ftp.

I was on there for 15 minutes.
http://i.imgur.com/ZVOkDPW.png

jay666
04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Why would I create two combo servers when there is not demand even for one?

to test and verify if people prefer the comboinstagib + nw mix or if they prefer playing combo only.

SAM
04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
to test and verify if people prefer the comboinstagib + nw mix or if they prefer playing combo only.

Already done that. Look at what sj is posting. There is a combo on its own and NW on its own.

They're all ours btw. Just an experiment.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-06-2016, 01:43 PM
SAM

I'll try and populate it later.

I think the names of the combo and the weapons server is the problem tbh, they don't have the same format as with the rest of them.
z p | <===========> NW <=============>

z p | - = | W E A P O N S | = - by unrealkillers.com

Looks at lot like the combo server's name, and people might realize that and populate it.

The combo server's name looks too similar to other peoples servers names, I know it will be more difficult to name this server without causing damage to the default combo server.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-07-2016, 01:44 PM
I think I found that server you was talking about(blue combogib), I'm guessing it was reg, it was so nice not to shoot through players all the time like on the insta servers.

It was also great laming PeK on woot for 37 minutes, 40 minute games are a bit much.

One problem though, that seems to be common on combo servers:
http://i.imgur.com/GCS3tkn.jpg

SAM
04-07-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm guessing it was reg

It's the zp hack we introduced and used to use.

kdawg232
04-08-2016, 06:56 AM
I think I found that server you was talking about(blue combogib), I'm guessing it was reg, it was so nice not to shoot through players all the time like on the insta servers.

It was also great laming PeK on woot for 37 minutes, 40 minute games are a bit much.

http://i.imgur.com/GCS3tkn.jpg

Yes that's the server! Sorry....I went to take a screen shot a couple days ago and realized I did not have a snip it tool installed on my laptop so I just forgot about it. Those people have 3 servers. Combo, Face and weapons. The server plays OK, the set up is awful though. 40 minute maps, no hit sounds, etc. However they seem to be busier during the day than combogib and I think it's because they falsify their # of players so that people are at least intrigued to join. I know Jay said he'd remove a server like that from his favorites but at the end of the day....I keep servers that people play in my favorites, I'm not holding it against them because they lie to lure you in.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-08-2016, 08:58 AM
The games are far too long on that server, but the players there don't seem to mind. I do prefer that combogib to the newnet one, the combos are just annoying in newnet.

SAM
04-08-2016, 10:08 AM
The combo on newnet should be the same as the zp one? I was thinking the other day though the the actual shot registration did feel better on the non nn version of the combo we used to have.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-08-2016, 10:21 AM
It's the combos that annoy me, the higher the ping of the player, the more annoying it is for most of the stuff.

- You have to know the other players ping to know roughly where the combo explosion is going to be.
- Double combo explosions for high ping players, if you hit their combo after/before they hit it.

The rest of the stuff is just the little things, that aren't much of a problem.

PK+
04-11-2016, 05:43 PM
I agre with u guys about nn, u almost cant evade combo from higer ping, I think it make very anoying game for a normal ping, but we cant forgot that newnet is the evolution of ping compensation mods, when i first play with this i was like OMG im playing in my house, so we get many high ping players in this server that are very happy with the gameplay and the possibility of play as equal with other player in other side of the planet (depends the way u look), we can make a poll to ask the community what they think about come back for an old zp way,

ill not talk about NW vs COMBO, what actually make me left combo server is the problem with spawn kill and lags that actually dont happens in US server even being in same host

and instagib is so calm, its one fire each 10 secunds, spawn kill only happens when theres a camper or in open maps, i feel less annoyed.

if theres no way to put spawn protection then just code some thing like if the player make two spawn kill with combo in a row then suicide or respawn him, it cant be so hard, in hardcore games its so lame

+ delete andaction

kdawg232
04-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Congratulations guys...you have killed the server. Going off of what I can see (which isn't much), the server was ranked between 11-14 when NW was included. As of this morning it is #21. (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=21.) Nobody is in the server at night anymore when NW guys used to come out and play. When I log into play, the only people in there are Chinpo & Slasher. Glad to see those guys are happy playing VP FragWhores 30 times a day but other people who only have 15-30 minutes (at most) to play a day, would appreciate a server with people and decent gameplay. Time to end this experiment and go back to what made this server successful for so long with such a little player base.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-12-2016, 07:36 AM
It's that other combo server as well, it's just a better server it's getting all the players, 90% of the players I saw in the zp combo server, were the players who used to play in the |uk| combo server.

Most people don't like playing against buggy high ping players, who's shock balls are completely useless to other players, that explode two times if you shot them, and their owner shoots them, can't kill them with their own shock balls, combos exploding no where near where the shock ball is replicated for everyone else(higher the ping the worse it is), being killed by combos after you killed a player(not just high pings).

uranus
04-12-2016, 09:47 AM
no me gusta, estoy triste

jay666
04-12-2016, 12:19 PM
RIP

Jst2blond
04-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Congratulations guys...you have killed the server. Going off of what I can see (which isn't much), the server was ranked between 11-14 when NW was included. As of this morning it is #21. (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=21.) Nobody is in the server at night anymore when NW guys used to come out and play. When I log into play, the only people in there are Chinpo & Slasher. Glad to see those guys are happy playing VP FragWhores 30 times a day but other people who only have 15-30 minutes (at most) to play a day, would appreciate a server with people and decent gameplay. Time to end this experiment and go back to what made this server successful for so long with such a little player base.

We have a NW server and none play there. Can you explain?
NW server >>>>> unreal://66.150.121.153:7777
Maybe it is time to close server and let guys that know better how it works opening their own server....

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-12-2016, 05:29 PM
Maybe it is time to close server and let guys that know better how it works opening their own server....

The name for the normal weapon server is bad, not everyone is going to know what NW stands for, they don't know it's run by unrealkillers.com, it blends in with the 100s of other random servers.

SAM
04-12-2016, 05:35 PM
I can't always think of the greatest names. It takes time for my genius to work.

kdawg232
04-12-2016, 08:45 PM

And the Earth was flat at one point too...these closed minded responses are exactly why things do not improve. If you cannot add anything constructive to the conversation, just let it be.

jay666
04-12-2016, 11:12 PM
i just tried ur nw server. i was in blue and red had 4 godlike not moving bots in azka. please, for god sake, remove those bots. no one will play there thats a fact. people will prefer to play alone and fuck around and wait for people instead of playing 4 godlike bots.

Chamberly
04-13-2016, 12:52 AM
Sam, ever thought of adding Ferbotz? They are better than the old bots. :P

Jst2blond
04-13-2016, 02:48 AM
And the Earth was flat at one point too...these closed minded responses are exactly why things do not improve. If you cannot add anything constructive to the conversation, just let it be.

True, Earth was flat while having NW+combo. Generally, a lot of players left servers when a NW map is engaged. You have to understand that now, it is harder to keep players on server and gain some new ones. This game is old, we are less and less each months and even myself, due to new job, i can only play few hours per week. In the past, i used to stay on server even if empty one but the benefit was to encourage others to enter and stay playing some rounds.
Try it, enter server as a player, wait few minuts and you will see that others will join. If you check UT menu and see 1 player on, you will join it.
The main problem is that we don't have enough of new maps. More maps = more entertainment. Feel free to post links if you have some and let see if Earth flat or not.

UNrealshots
04-13-2016, 06:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3JSbEFa.gif

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-13-2016, 06:48 AM
The name for the normal weapon server is bad, not everyone is going to know what NW stands for, they don't know it's run by unrealkillers.com, it blends in with the 100s of other random servers.

I've just changed the name

i just tried ur nw server. i was in blue and red had 4 godlike not moving bots in azka. please, for god sake, remove those bots. no one will play there thats a fact. people will prefer to play alone and fuck around and wait for people instead of playing 4 godlike bots.

lol cant handle it jay666? :P well I removed all the bots, lets try to get this server populated

jay666
04-13-2016, 08:58 AM
I've just changed the name

lol cant handle it jay666? :P well I removed all the bots, lets try to get this server populated

i was owning them...they were too dumb to use something else than enforcer... i captured the flag one time then got pissed and realised that even if someone else comes in, there will still have 3 dumb godlike bots in each team so i left.

thanks for the changes man, lets see if it help.

uranus
04-13-2016, 08:09 PM
It is obscured by a new ip address.

It seems to me that some people view this as a NW -vs- COMBO issue. I think it's quite fair to say that all the players who have voiced an opinion here for NW are also for COMBO and I'd bet that the majority of the other players would agree or, at least, mildly disagree. I haven't heard any of the NW players say that they want an exclusive NW server. I have heard some COMBO players state that they want an exclusive COMBO server. COMBO players would be wise to tolerate some deviation from their preferred game style in exchange for a populated server. However, if an exclusive server is still deemed necessary then, do the experiment with a new IP and return the classic proven COMBO|NW to it's original glory... maybe even with the classic announcements and fanfares.

I'll donate shortly. I hope that will help and I encourage others to do the same.

jay666
04-15-2016, 04:22 PM
true that, why not keep the original server the way it was and create a new combo only server... good point uranus.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-15-2016, 04:26 PM
At the rate the combo server is dying, Chinpo will have to start calling himself a cheater soon, but will somehow lose when there is no one on the other team.

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-15-2016, 04:48 PM
were not looking for donations guys so please if you really do need the money yourself please do keep it, we dont want to put anyone out of pocket here, the donation features here for people who just want to help support the servers we provide for the general UT population of players.

Im more inclined to finding the right balance of having both gametypes on the same server and it seemed we had that before the changes, we tried those changes and it seems having normal weapons helped in populating the server as well as having combo did also

uranus
04-16-2016, 12:35 PM
will have to start calling himself a cheater soon

It has begun...

http://i.imgur.com/Z1ddE31.png

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Jesus... Two of the biggest noobs going lol, should rename combo to "Special needs server"

SAM
04-16-2016, 03:16 PM
Should just start filtering cheater, hacker, hacks. I always see this type of harassment these days....

Higor
04-16-2016, 03:29 PM
We could use a 'whiner score' system, at least for UT4.
Associate whining with sentences and words and keep some sort of stats, then display a 'whiner' medal (changes depending on how much whining there is) next to the player name in the scoreboard.

SAM
04-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah. Whiner achievement.

kdawg232
04-18-2016, 06:56 AM
It was nice to see weapons back on the server. First time in weeks at 9pm EST, the server actually had people in it again (Other than Chinpo & Slasher)

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-18-2016, 08:07 AM
AS long as Chinpo is unhappy, that's all that matters :)

uranus
04-18-2016, 01:25 PM
It was nice to see weapons back on the server.
Hooray! Thanks, Uk, long live UT99!

darkshaihulud
04-18-2016, 08:19 PM
That's completely disingenuous. The server has been very busy throughout. The same group of players have been visiting in the last couple of days, it hasn't attracted anyone new.

Perhaps the NW server could have Combogib included too? And then the Combogib server reserved for - erm - Combogib? Surely that would satisfy the NW players.

kdawg232
04-19-2016, 07:09 AM
That's completely disingenuous. The server has been very busy throughout. The same group of players have been visiting in the last couple of days, it hasn't attracted anyone new.

Perhaps the NW server could have Combogib included too? And then the Combogib server reserved for - erm - Combogib? Surely that would satisfy the NW players.

I can only talk about the facts I have at hand and it's clear as day the server is busier with NW. Prior to weapons, server rank dipped all the way to 26, within the couple days it's been back, it jumped all the way to #20. (http://www.unrealkillers.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=20.) Not bad huh? Anyways, a fuller server, means more combo games in general as well. Since now there will actually be people playing to play combo! Be happy.

.seVered.][
04-19-2016, 08:01 AM
We could use a 'whiner score' system, at least for UT4.
Associate whining with sentences and words and keep some sort of stats, then display a 'whiner' medal (changes depending on how much whining there is) next to the player name in the scoreboard.

What about a 'corroborated' NW3 (or what ever build it's on now) inJECTION with Siege and have it be a column on the public server?

- - - Updated - - -

Should just start filtering cheater, hacker, hacks. I always see this type of harassment these days....

I've been good ... honest .. I haven't even nagged you about the forum bug's that I've been documenting and cataloging for most of this year :)

Chamberly
04-19-2016, 02:00 PM
[;111240]What about a 'corroborated' NW3 (or what ever build it's on now) inJECTION with Siege and have it be a column on the public server?

I tried that, it have some obvious stuff that will keep respawning (items and damage amp in mid is just always there, bad idea)... and the nukes will have to be either subclassed to nurf or remove because it's like an instant damage in 1 shot and a lot of frame rate to deploy. Rather different on the guns it provide.

Eh... back to original topic...

jay666
04-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks for setting it back to nw and combo duo!!!! alot of people playing yesterday. it was NW most of the time but we played a couple of combo maps here and there. THANKS!! and please, keep it that way this time.

- - - Updated - - -

activity in the server for the last 30 days.....im not surprised at all.

http://cache.www.gametracker.com/images/graphs/server_rank.php?GSID=5188762

Jst2blond
04-25-2016, 04:37 PM
SAM, we need to increase map rotation. Only 2 maps red listed before being avaiklable to vote isn't enough, they keep voting same map after 2 games.

kdawg232
04-26-2016, 07:19 AM
Thanks for setting it back to nw and combo duo!!!! alot of people playing yesterday. it was NW most of the time but we played a couple of combo maps here and there. THANKS!! and please, keep it that way this time.

- - - Updated - - -

activity in the server for the last 30 days.....im not surprised at all.

I don't think you can say it's a coincidence but clearly when NW was off the server, the server went to its lowest ranking ever and now that's back, it has skyrocketed back up. Last night again, server was full, with people playing weapons. Nice to see. Hopefully if they ever try going back to a solo combo server, they'll go back to this topic and realize it's best to keep both combined.

- - - Updated - - -

SAM, we need to increase map rotation. Only 2 maps red listed before being avaiklable to vote isn't enough, they keep voting same map after 2 games.

Agreed. Not only that, but how about getting rid of "duplicate" maps. Maps where they are basically the same such as AndAction & Denise and Fragwhores & PicturePerfect. Not saying get rid of both but one of each is more than enough. If you ever had to sit through 4 of these maps in a row, you'd turn into Chinpo and NOBODy wants that :)

AS~Chinpo
04-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Why in the fuck do you have a fucking full time Normal weapons server that is empty, but there are fucking dipshit normal weapons people monopolizing the fucking combo server all night? I've played about 20 games in the last 3 days, and maybe got to play 3 good maps in 3 days. This is fucked up. 11 person server on same rack probably empty, and we have to deal with not only botters you ignore and let ruin games day in and day out, now we have to choose between whatever combo map has the best chance of winning and the same fucking 4 NW maps all night. This is fucked.. It was fine without NW and people were getting along fairly well except the botters, now it is a struggle every fucking vote just to try to squeeze in a combo map. Kill off the game from 99 even fucking sooner. Hooray.. cause I really feel like spending 6 hours playing nw to play 30 minutes of combo that the botters then flood into.. For fucking fucks sake.

uranus
04-27-2016, 11:50 PM
no bots, no packet loss, no Jst2Blond, no NW, no Mexicans....
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.154.105:7777/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.154.105:7777/)

AS~Chinpo
04-27-2016, 11:58 PM
http://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.154.105:7777/b_560_95_1.png (http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/66.55.154.105:7777/)

Ya I was the first one in the server this afternoon. Got almost 6 minutes of combo, then in came all the NW idiots and botters to vote literally like 8 or 9 NW maps in a row.. Same NW maps like 3 or 4 times in less than a few hours.

Jst2blond
04-28-2016, 02:10 AM
Ya I was the first one in the server this afternoon. Got almost 6 minutes of combo, then in came all the NW idiots and botters to vote literally like 8 or 9 NW maps in a row.. Same NW maps like 3 or 4 times in less than a few hours.

Damn, open your eyes. It isn't our server.....

SAM
04-28-2016, 02:41 AM
The only person I see complaining is you AS~Chinpo and to be honest. Your behaviour is quite toxic. Won't be tolerated much longer.

jay666
04-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Damn!! do i have to explain to u personally AS~Chinpo. take a look at the activity in the server, the lowest part is when the sever had combo only. u have a design there and u still dont understand!!!... The problem is not the server or its configuration or the people playing. The problem is U. If u dont like the mode that brought UT to the Game Of the Year statue, its ur problem, not ours. I suggest u to learn how to play NW and use ur brain to find out what u need to do to win. Cause right now, i dont see any botters or hackers or cheaters and i play alot..., all i can see is u sucking then throwing all ur frustation on this forum asking for changes for ur own wellness.

no bots, no packet loss, no Jst2Blond, no NW, no Mexicans....NO ONE.

admins, the mapvote should reset after 8 or 10 maps imo, that would be a good setting.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
04-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Oooh a Chinpo server, that's going to be popular.

Noob killed chinpo.
Noob killed another Noob.
Noob had a double kill!
Noob got banned reason: FUCKING CHEATING CUNT, I RAN A GAME HOSTING COMPANY.
Noob2 is on a Killing Spree!
Noob2 got banned reason: You ARE A CHEATING CUNT!
wom_are_idi has joined the server!
5 minutes later...
wom_are_idl killed Chinpo.
wom_are_idi got banned reason: I RAN A GAME HOSTING COMPANY, KILLING ME STANDING STILL IS IMPOSSIBLE.

http://i.imgur.com/trNmhQO.png

jay666
04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
SJA, are u a 10 years old kid?

|uK|B|aZe//.
04-29-2016, 05:46 PM
AS~Chinpo could literally not give a bigger fuck for your opinion, I'm beyond sick of reading the utter poo that comes out from your mouth. Go take your face for a shit, you fucking need it.

AS~Chinpo
04-29-2016, 10:36 PM
Well, good then. I'm done. Enjoy killing the game off the rest of the way. You ban me, but don't ban the fucking botting cunts always in there. I've only played since 99.. Enjoy your gun chasing, bot supporting cunt server..

Higor
04-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Google "Toxic players"
You'll understand.

|uK|fleecey
04-30-2016, 12:46 AM
The ban can be changed, it was placed due you ruin NW games? It was a thread somewhere, can't link it ATM.

SAM
04-30-2016, 05:22 AM
Well, good then. I'm done. Enjoy killing the game off the rest of the way. You ban me, but don't ban the fucking botting cunts always in there. I've only played since 99.. Enjoy your gun chasing, bot supporting cunt server..

There is no solid evidence of these bots apart from the fact that you ran a game hosting company.

If you think the players on combo are good then you should have played two years ago. When I was a whole lot better but also the rest of the players in UT were generally better skilled.

Your behaviour is toxic. It's like a badly behaved child who always kicks, screams and cries.

AS~Chinpo
05-10-2016, 09:04 PM
There is no solid evidence of these bots apart from the fact that you ran a game hosting company.

If you think the players on combo are good then you should have played two years ago. When I was a whole lot better but also the rest of the players in UT were generally better skilled.

Your behaviour is toxic. It's like a badly behaved child who always kicks, screams and cries.

No solid evidence? I posted half a dozen demos of OBVIOUS botting, and you did dick. Nada. You have told FNX in threads to demo his own games so he has proof, he doesn't do that. You can see it when he runs flag. Bounces up and down faster than is actually possible. Auto dodges around hits. Stand behind him sometime and fire at him while he is firing at someone else. He doesn't know you are there but every shot misses no matter how you aim. Seriously Toad and Fnx are so obvious I don't know what to tell you. I demoed both of them with 1100 constant pings for 5 maps getting 70 eff and higher and it not affecting their game play.

Here is a suggestion to get some peace.. Put insta combo on the EMPTY NW server, leave NW on there too if you must. But some of us ONLY want to play insta combo and take time away from our lives to do so. Only to have to play 8 shitty NW maps in a row with rocket spamming teleporting idiocy. Why have the NW server if you don't push it, and allow the insta combo server to be constantly a battle between the two? Just clone the server on insta combo over to the other IP so us insta combo people have an option at least..

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Why alias Chinpo, you must be cheating, that's the only reason someone will alias. Amoev

Meth
05-10-2016, 10:06 PM
No solid evidence? I posted half a dozen demos of OBVIOUS botting, and you did dick.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g50fj91yg7pj8yo

Watch this demo if you enjoy watching Chinpo & Slasher cry about leet hax along with threats about sending demos in. :^)

Maybe set "slomo 1.5" or greater so it's faster.

Chamberly
05-11-2016, 12:03 AM
Bounces up and down faster than is actually possible.
Are you confusing the hold walk and jump from the regular jump without holding walk?

Auto dodges around hits.
How are you thinking of this? What do you think he is auto dodging?

Stand behind him sometime and fire at him while he is firing at someone else. He doesn't know you are there but every shot misses no matter how you aim.
You don't really have to just be behind him to see how he really shoot and try to count everything he shot and missed. If you see from his demo perspective, you could more likely see the shots he have missed.

Seriously Toad and Fnx are so obvious I don't know what to tell you. I demoed both of them with 1100 constant pings for 5 maps getting 70 eff and higher and it not affecting their game play.
All I can say is... newnet? :P

UNrealshots
05-11-2016, 01:49 AM
omw.

Jst2blond
05-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Omfw.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-11-2016, 10:04 AM
https://www.mediafire.com/?g50fj91yg7pj8yo

Watch this demo if you enjoy watching Chinpo & Slasher cry about leet hax along with threats about sending demos in. :^)

Maybe set "slomo 1.5" or greater so it's faster.

Announcer mismatch :(

Meth
05-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Announcer mismatch :(

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a4cvr0lktkf0dc5/Announcer.uax

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-11-2016, 07:14 PM
That was a good laugh, here are some of my favourites:
http://i.imgur.com/KRmhpSg.png
http://i.imgur.com/1bND2Y6.png
http://i.imgur.com/23bhddP.png
http://i.imgur.com/BydcIRE.png
http://i.imgur.com/4l84phd.png
http://i.imgur.com/pnh9JgI.png

----------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/X47ozli.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5u1Cqk.png
http://i.imgur.com/oLU9HZo.png

These 40+ year olds lol

UNrealshots
05-11-2016, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/w2EloQX.gif

SAM
05-12-2016, 12:19 PM
We should unban him just so we can see more of his amusing accusations.

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-12-2016, 12:45 PM
We should unban him just so we can see more of his amusing accusations.

He's played over 100 games the last several days:
http://www.unrealkillers.com/combostats/?p=pinfo&pid=71683

seabass
05-12-2016, 02:03 PM
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought I was supposed give him a quick ban to make him come to the forums to get a message.
Was it supposed to be a perma? If so, just say the word, SAM .

SAM
05-12-2016, 02:11 PM
I thought it was a perm but never mind. Let's hope he's learnt his lesson!

|uK|fleecey
05-12-2016, 08:05 PM
I thought it was a perm but never mind. Let's hope he's learnt his lesson!

I didn't make a perm when I banned, only 200 matches to come forum, he said he would never play again lol

UT-Sniper-SJA94
05-12-2016, 08:21 PM
What's funny about Chinpo is, his server is weapons, you would think a guy with his expertise would know how to install a simple mod to get combogib working.